Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco (2458 Views)

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre / Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Zaiman: 3:59am On Sep 23, 2020
The school told me that geography and data processing were considered science subjects and now I'm worried they might be wrong , and if no is there anything I can do about that?
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by phr33man(m): 4:21am On Sep 23, 2020
Yes, you can. Hope you have physics? Admission is still on. Fill the form online Via: www.esgt-benin.com/application-form
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Seikiri1: 9:41am On Sep 23, 2020
My school No.
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by clockwisereport: 10:07am On Sep 23, 2020
Yes
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Zaiman: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Seikiri1:
My school No.
You're school or university?
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Zaiman: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
phr33man:
Yes, you can. Hope you have physics? Admission is still on. Fill the form online Via: www.esgt-benin.com/application-form
Thanks my guy
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by GideonG(m): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
You can be given the admission but you must do chemistry to be admitted into computer science department, and you must do chemistry in 100level so just take hold of chemistry text book and study!

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by InfinityFabric: 10:09pm On Sep 24, 2020
Another trying hard to waste his time in School.
100 level your eye go clear.

Education != Schooling

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Zaiman: 10:15pm On Sep 24, 2020
GideonG:
You can be given the admission but you must do chemistry to be admitted into computer science department, and you must do chemistry in 100level so just take hold of chemistry text book and study!
Elaborate?
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Zaiman: 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
InfinityFabric:

Education != Schooling
I dont understand what you meab
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by InfinityFabric: 8:00am On Sep 25, 2020
Zaiman:

I dont understand what you meab
1. U can't learn anything useful to work in school
1b. U get scammed out of your money, Lecturers treat you like absolute shite!
2. Use 4 years in school and you will still become a junior staff to someone who didn't go to school or dropped out early, because... knowledge matters in the industry not your shitty certificate.
3. Stop wasting your parents money. Go buy a PC/Laptop, book and lots of data for Videos.
4. After four years u will be better than your mates in NYSC.
5. You might be even working before 4 years, it's all bout how good you're.
6. You will be giving money to your friends while they're in School/NYSC.

ALL THESE ARE POSSIBLE:
- If you have the brain and discipline to do self learning.

But if your parent are rich enough and connected enough or u don't have much believe in yourself, U can just go to school and socialize.

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Zaiman: 12:18am On Sep 26, 2020
InfinityFabric:

1. U can't learn anything useful to work in school
1b. U get scammed out of your money, Lecturers treat you like absolute shite!
2. Use 4 years in school and you will still become a junior staff to someone who didn't go to school or dropped out early, because... knowledge matters in the industry not your shitty certificate.
3. Stop wasting your parents money. Go buy a PC/Laptop, book and lots of data for Videos.
4. After four years u will be better than your mates in NYSC.
5. You might be even working before 4 years, it's all bout how good you're.
6. You will be giving money to your friends while they're in School/NYSC.

ALL THESE ARE POSSIBLE:
- If you have the brain and discipline to do self learning.

But if your parent are rich enough and connected enough or u don't have much believe in yourself, U can just go to school and socialize.

PS: I did CS and I work in a Tech company. I left school early.
Thanks man ,do you have any advice like which youtubers to watch or programs you use for coding
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by InfinityFabric: 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by yusman14(m): 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2020
InfinityFabric:

Education != Schooling
python programmer .lol...

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by InfinityFabric: 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2020
yusman14:
python programmer .lol...
What do you mean ?
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by yusman14(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
InfinityFabric:

What do you mean ?
The != operator means not equal to in Python..hope u get?
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Seikiri1: 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
yusman14:
Not just python almost all programming languages
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by InfinityFabric: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
yusman14:
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by InfinityFabric: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
yusman14:
A lot of languages use it.
C, C++, D, Rust
JavaScript, Java, Go, Nim, Scala...

BTW Python is for CaveMen, until they join the true Civilization.
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Najdorf: 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
InfinityFabric:
A lot of languages use it. C, C++, D, Rust JavaScript, Java, Go, Nim, Scala...
Python for cavemen? lmao
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Bahat: 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
InfinityFabric:

A lot of languages use it.
C, C++, D, Rust
JavaScript, Java, Go, Nim, Scala...

This OP dont know what he's talking about. Python after Java
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by InfinityFabric: 6:26am On Sep 27, 2020
Bahat:

This OP dont know what he's talking about. Python after Java
Java too is shite!
Lord of using 2GB to run Hello World! /s
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Ghype(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2020
Zaiman:
The school told me that geography and data processing were considered science subjects and now I'm worried they might be wrong , and if no is there anything I can do about that?

Yea you can, the requirements for admission into Computer Science is Mathematics, English Language, Physics and 2 any other science subject.
This is the standard for most schools in Nigeria.
I am a Computer Scientist speaking from experience.
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Zaiman: 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ghype:

Yea you can, the requirements for admission into Computer Science is Mathematics, English Language, Physics and 2 any other science subject.
Thanks, and if you dont mind what are the compulsory 2 other science subjects , i know one is biology what is the other one
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Ganjafama(m): 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ghype:

My younger sister had her chemistry result cancelled. But she got all the other subjects Bs. Can she still go for computer science? The result is below:
Maths B2
English B2
Physics B3
Economics B3
Biology B3
Chemistry cancelled
Agric Science B3
Marketing B3
Civic Education A1
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Engrgibbs: 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
No.. You cannot.. Go and rewrite waec
Re: Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco by Dolla12: 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
This is my result can I get admission
Marketing B3
Economic B3
Civic education B3
English C5
Mathematics B2
Physics A1
Chemistry canceled
Biology B3
Igbo B3

(1) (Reply)

'Please Call Me' Black Worker To Become S. Africa's 5th Richest Person (PICS) / Important Info For All Unn Aspirants On O'levels Requirements / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.