Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat (2003 Views)

5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield / Special Prayer For Manchester United At Wembley Today / Chelsea Vs Man United - Community Shield! A Case Of Deja Vu @ Wembley? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
duduspace:

A quote from one of the links on that page (from CNN) "A Messi header was disallowed [b]for a marginal offside decision [/b]and he shot into the side netting after another typical burst into the penalty area, but Arsenal were also a threat going forward in an open game." Learn to do more than scratching the surface of sensational headlines made to draw attention or summon the humility from somewhere to go back to kindergaten, you might just set a new world record while yu're at it  tongue

your english comprehension is a disgrace. . . . . that was the reason the goal was disallowed. . .it does not make it a fact. video evidence suggested messi was onside and you are telling us what we already know that the goal was disallowed cos the officials thought messi was marginally offside. messi wasn't.

The title of this thread does not mention trophies but financials, have yu watched that specsavers advert recently?

they go hand in hand, you dumbo. when you win trophies, you will make money. how did you think man utd made so much money pre-glazers. bill gates donated $2 billion to man utd football club? what a schmuk!

Obviously there are a lot of such squirrels running amok at OT cos thats what yur management keeps telling us and its only a matter of time before that stupidity influenza spreads to yu if it hasn't already.  Enjoy your fool's paradise while it lasts.

the same empire has been predicted to fall several times and yet they keep waxing strong. on top of the league. . . .4 points ahead the healthiest club in the universe(arsenal). again, the healthiest club has failed to win a single trophy in 6 years and the one crippled with debt keeps winning titles after titles. someone needs a brain doctor - what do i expect? a nuance who cannot spell "you" and "your" properly shouldn't even be in a rational discourse with me.

Game on, the season aint over yet but I hope you will find the inner strength to eat your words if Arsenal do win a trophy this season, and not do your magical disappearing act and phoenix rebirth under a new handle.  tongue

i will eat my words when you win the competition you created yourself(emirates cup). grin
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by denzel2009: 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2011
dayokanu:

You knew this and still lost?

Is that not hopeless?
Funny stuff cheesy
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 1:58pm On Mar 02, 2011
*Cougar*:

your english comprehension is a disgrace. . . . . that was the reason the goal was disallowed. . .it does not make it a fact. video evidence suggested messi was onside and you are telling us what we already know that the goal was disallowed cos the officials thought messi was marginally offside. messi wasn't.
Your logic bank seems permanently in the red, there are different interpretations of that same video evidence, feel free to make yours but don't come on here and imply there is any consensus that the goal was onside. Some argue for and others argue against

*Cougar*:

they go hand in hand, you dumbo. when you win trophies, you will make money. how did you think man utd made so much money pre-glazers. bill gates donated $2 billion to man utd football club? what a schmuk!
True enough dolt, but the downside of yur bankrupt intellect is that yu fail to see that there are also costs attached to building a team, achieving victory and subsequently making money and if the two don't balance then you make losses and also get indebted if you met those initial costs through funding from creditors. Understand the term Pyrrhic victory at all?  undecided

*Cougar*:

the same empire has been predicted to fall several times and yet they keep waxing strong. on top of the league. . . .4 points ahead the healthiest club in the universe(arsenal). again, the healthiest club has failed to win a single trophy in 6 years and the one crippled with debt keeps winning titles after titles. someone needs a brain doctor - what do i expect? a nuance who cannot spell "you" and "your" properly shouldn't even be in a rational discourse with me.
Well, the credit crunch didn't happen in a day if you understand anything about finances yu will know that entities get into financial trouble over time and not just on a single day. I can quite understand If you can only think in terms of the money you have in your pocket. and while yu're correcting my typos, yu could take some time to find out the difference between nuance and nuisance
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2011
duduspace:

Your logic bank seems permanently in the red, there are different interpretations of that same video evidence, feel free to make yours but don't come on here and imply there is any consensus that the goal was onside. Some argue for and others argue against

you are a certified doofus! what different interpretations can one use to judge an offside position? the rules are clear and messi was onside when the ball was played to him.

True enough dolt, but the downside of yur bankrupt intellect is that yu fail to see that there are also costs attached to building a team, achieving victory and subsequently making money and if the two don't balance then you make losses and also get indebted if you met those initial costs through funding from creditors. Understand the term Pyrrhic victory at all?  undecided

so is this the reason your pathetic team hasn't won a dime in six seasons? arsenal has made money since moving to the emirates. they have declared mouth-watering profits since the move and yet we are here(5 years after moving to the emirates) with nothing to show for it. what is the budget of portsmouth, tottenham and birmingham who have all won titles in that period?

Well, the credit crunch didn't happen in a day if you understand anything about finances yu will know that entities get into financial trouble over time and not just on a single day. I can quite understand If you can only think in terms of the money you have in your pocket. and while yu're correcting my typos, yu could take some time to find out the difference between nuance and nuisance

mumbo jumbo as usual. . . .so winning trophies and buying quality players will lead to financial trouble? how did man utd manage it between 1993 and 2005? they won trophies after trophies both domestically and europe. mumuface, admit it. . . .you are a lummox. grin
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2011
rate at which all these donkeys and monkeys keep braying and screaming 6 yrs is worrisome. it clearly is the most important thing in ur miserable lives, and u folks appear more eager for it to end
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2011
ARSENAL are ready to make more cash by selling land around the Emirates.

The club yesterday announced a £2.5million loss for the last six months of 2010.

This compared to a £29.2m profit in the same period of 2009 thanks to money from the redevelopment of Highbury.

Gunners chief executive Ivan Gazidis now plans to sell off pockets of land around Queensland Road at the Emirates site for business and residential purposes.

Gazidis said: "We are in a very healthy financial position.

"We will see some more one-off property opportunities that we have over the next few years.

"We are driving hard to improve our commercial performance and will see that over the next few years.

"All of the money we make goes back into the team - that's what this is all about.

"It's not about generating profit, it's about creating pride for our fans and what we represent, how we play the game and, ultimately, trophies. That's what we're all about."

@dudu,
the news is from the sun( uk sun). the man said trophies. what about trophies? if a club makes £29.2m in the previous yr and now makes £2.5million loss, who is to be blaimed? is 1025 that saw the news and brought it home or the fans that knew of it before nigeria got her independence.
each time clubs talk about trophies, arsenal talks abt profit. now that arsenal are involved in loss without trophy, what is left for them is free flow football i guess? let us be objective and call a spade a spade.
when u keep posting profits without trophies, u run the risks of loosing some of your sources of income. if u look at arsenal, their major source of income is sales of players unlike the other big teams. so what happens when nobody comes to buy from u or when everybody buys with the same rating like u. wenger is always looking at loose ends to buy cheap player and make money on them. the team has lost focus even to the extent that they do not know how to win trophies anymore. no wonder martins scored the easiest goal of his carrier vs arsenal. now that u are selling lands, who knows maybe u will start selling football boots next time?

Marouane Chamakh: No one would speak after Arsenal's Cup final defeat

Several pundits have claimed the Gunners' lack of a cutting edge is contributing to their ongoing trophy drought, which continues to stretch back six years after their shock defeat to Birmingham on Sunday.

Earlier this season, midfielder Denilson appeared to question club captain Cesc Fabregas' leadership qualities.

Many fans have unfavourably compared the young Gunners line-up of 2011 with the knarled warhorses of previous Wenger regimes - including Tony Adams, Martin Keown, and Patrick Vieira - that won multiple titles.

And Chamakh appears to have admitted there is a gulf between the fighting spirit of the respective teams, revealing there was no reaction from the manager or players to the last-minute clanger involving goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny and defender Laurent Koscielny.

'There was no shouting after the match. No one spoke,' the Moroccan international admitted.

'Arsene [Wenger] said nothing at all. We could have won this match, that's what's annoying.

'On Monday morning we had training, on Wednesday we play again and we have the chance to bounce back.

'We have all had a bad time but we will bounce back.'

Chamakh said the entire team should take responsibility for the failure to win the League Cup - echoing the thoughts of his manager, who said of the howler that gifted Obafemi Martins Birmingham's winning goal that it was up to the entire squad to build up their 'destroyed' confidence.

'We're all gutted,' admitted Chamakh, 'but disappointment is normal as a player and as a fan.

'We need to forget what happened and make sure the defeat doesn't stay on our minds.

'We are all responsible for the defeat. That's football. You have highs and lows.

'The way we conceded the second goal doesn't matter. If we had conceded a top-class goal the result would have been the same, we would still have lost.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/856933-marouane-chamakh-no-one-would-speak-after-arsenals-cup-final-defeat#ixzz1FRz2sI56

oga,
tell urself the truth. the confidence of the traders(arsenal) is destroyed. why not when u do not know who is leaving tomorrow? fabregas and van persie do not belong there. bendtner is on his way to tottenham and the profits will start coming in again. it does not matter how u feel abt it, the truth must be told bcs that is what am used to.

rate at which all these donkeys and monkeys keep braying and screaming 6 yrs is worrisome. it clearly is the most important thing in your miserable lives, and u folks appear more eager for it to end

@4llerbuntu,
it does not matter how frustrated u are, in the world of frustration, many are more frustrated than u. are u okay with 6yrs of barrenness? to u, 20 yrs more means nothing abi? it is your type who go about killing in the name of anger of loosing matches. if u kill anyone, u will not see the next day.
come, at any point u feel over frustrated, make sure your only action will be suicide.
is it by force to be an arsenal fan? can u support tottenham or west brom if u hate good teams, why not support west ham or even this club that won u in carling cup. pls i don't want to see u bark like a bingo here on this forum again.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
sigh. broda ile okan, e maa wo mi o, i am allergic to dog bites.

and quite frankly u perhaps need to understand that the most important thing in ur lives is arsenal, check ur posts and compare the amount u made discussing with the one on ur pathetic clubs. see the picture? is there even anything u spend time on more than arsenal? u watch arsenal matches religiously, follow arsenal blogs, sites, know detailed info, etc on arsenal.

interpret the data urself, someone likw dk spends 90% of his nl time on arsenal thread discussing arsenal, u have just done 3 pages on this same issue, na wetin? lol, SMH

i feel sorry for u pple, u even watch more arsenal stuff than wenger sef. chei, see obsession.

sorry ehn, i no u pained abt the lack of trophy, we will win u many now onwards eh
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by denzel2009: 4:22pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^^^^Look who is talking,when you and switch47 were repeating the same drivel on Chelsea thread like copy and paste project managers,it was ok then abi tongue
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
*Cougar*:

you are a certified doofus! what different interpretations can one use to judge an offside position? the rules are clear and messi was onside when the ball was played to him.
Why are you sounding so retarded? some say its off, others say its not. why did CNN choose to call it marginal? I haven't heard anyone from Barcelona complaining so you can go chain yourself naked to a post in front of the FIFA office demanding for a clarification.  tongue

*Cougar*:

so is this the reason your pathetic team hasn't won a dime in six seasons? arsenal has made money since moving to the emirates. they have declared mouth-watering profits since the move and yet we are here(5 years after moving to the emirates) with nothing to show for it. what is the budget of portsmouth, tottenham and birmingham who have all won titles in that period?
None of those clubs you mention compete at the top level as we do and don't have their squads stretched across as many competition as ours.

*Cougar*:

mumbo jumbo as usual. . . .so winning trophies and buying quality players will lead to financial trouble? how did man utd manage it between 1993 and 2005? they won trophies after trophies both domestically and europe. mumuface, admit it. . . .you are a lummox. grin

Damn why is it so hard for a simpleton to comprehend trends and changes? was Arsenal without trophies in the period you mentioned (1993 - 2005)?
Was the debt level in the Premiership as high?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
sigh.   broda ile okan, e maa wo mi o, i am allergic to dog bites.

and quite frankly u perhaps need to understand that the most important thing in your lives is arsenal, check your posts and compare the amount u made discussing with the one on your pathetic clubs. see the picture?   is there even anything u spend time on more than arsenal? u watch arsenal matches religiously, follow arsenal blogs, sites, know detailed info, etc on arsenal.

interpret the data urself, someone likw dk spends 90% of his nl time on arsenal thread discussing arsenal, u have just done 3 pages on this same issue, na wetin?   lol, SMH

i feel sorry for u pple, u even watch more arsenal stuff than wenger sef. chei, see obsession.

sorry ehn, i no u pained abt the lack of trophy, we will win u many now onwards eh

@4llerbuntu,
did u just write all these lines without making a point? if u did not run out of a mental rehablitation home, then u are suffering from an advanced maleria/maleria parasite.
most of u here are just arsenal fans and flow by the water like balon without knowing who they are.
when i am free, i will present u with certain pictures of ur players so that u understand what i am talking abt.
i know at ur level, teaching with illustrations/photographs are most helpful.

None of those clubs you mention compete at the top level as we do and don't have their squads stretched across as many competition as ours.

@duduspace,
uncle pls be ashamed of urself and ulterances for once. if u are not going to do that, i will do that for u. yes i can get ashamed on ur behalf.
been in 1m competitions every yr and come out empty handed is more shameful than been in just one and win.
football is about winning and it is called winning mentality.
the arsenal u hear abt today was the arsenal that were winning games and trophies and not this trophiless group.
ppl are talking abt arsenal bcs of what they have done in the past not because of what they are doing now. the history of the 49 unbeaten was not achieved lossing games to market women. i think u and ur partners shldd be asking questions on where u went wrong.
our club executives are now talking about the sell of lands to post profit, is that not a mark of diminishing returns?
if things continues this way, players will come to training ground one day only to find out that there are no training kits,
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2011
@ denzel, timely judicious and topical to-the-point posts sparingly done cannot be equated to the consistent, obssessive/compulsive tripe issued against arsenal by these stalkers

besides ur missing one important fact, switch is a confirmed chelsea hater, for me u folks are just light entertainment of a ribald nature, i even cheered when u beat the scummies!!!!

lol plus i dont post regularly on any enemy club thread, but chelsea this season, how can anyone miss the fun
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 4:40pm On Mar 02, 2011
1025:

@dudu,
the news is from the sun( uk sun). the man said trophies. what about trophies? if a club makes £29.2m in the previous yr and now makes £2.5million loss, who is to be blaimed? is 1025 that saw the news and brought it home or the fans that knew of it before nigeria got her independence.
each time clubs talk about trophies, arsenal talks abt profit. now that arsenal are involved in loss without trophy, what is left for them is free flow football i guess? let us be objective and call a spade a spade.
when u keep posting profits without trophies, u run the risks of loosing some of your sources of income. if u look at arsenal, their major source of income is sales of players unlike the other big teams. so what happens when nobody comes to buy from u or when everybody buys with the same rating like u. wenger is always looking at loose ends to buy cheap player and make money on them. the team has lost focus even to the extent that they do not know how to win trophies anymore. no wonder martins scored the easiest goal of his carrier vs arsenal. now that u are selling lands, who knows maybe u will start selling football boots next time?

You aren't making much sense, a lot of clubs want to buy Arsenal players (Barcelona and Munchies have both publicly made their interest in Cesc and Bendtner known) we are the ones who chose not to sell so what are you talking about?
And for your information, Arsenal is not the first club to sell land. Real Madrid sold land to offset their debt from the first Galactico project, if you don't know things, learn to read.

1025:

oga,
tell urself the truth. the confidence of the traders(arsenal) is destroyed. why not when u do not know who is leaving tomorrow? fabregas and van persie do not belong there. bendtner is on his way to tottenham and the profits will start coming in again. it does not matter how u feel abt it, the truth must be told bcs that is what am used to.
You've outed yourself already as a glory hunter whose confidence is easily destroyed and without commitment to any cause so its logical yu'll see that in others, my challenge to you remains, will you retract these statements if Arsenal end up with a profit at the end of the season?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
besides why are u pple raising finances now? thot u always said it didnt matter? confused donkeys
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2011
duduspace:

Why are you sounding so not-so-smart? some say its off, others say its not. why did CNN choose to call it marginal? I haven't heard anyone from Barcelona complaining so you can go chain yourself unclothed to a post in front of the FIFA office demanding for a clarification.  tongue

you are a laboratory doofus. cnn did not say it was marginal. cnn simply told you the reason the goal was chalked off. nowhere in that article did they say "it was marginally offside" after watching any replay. your lack of comprehension shines through again.

yet more evidence your club in it's entirety is a failure. when clubs who don't have your quality can win titles, why can't you? the clubs in your category(man utd, chelsea, liverpool, spurs) have all won titles in the last six seasons. bottom clubs with no quality have won clubs in the last six seasons. why can't arsenal win it, you gibbon?

Damn why is it so hard for a simpleton to comprehend trends and changes? was Arsenal without trophies in the period you mentioned (1993 - 2005)?

trends n changes are the reasons arsenal cannot win a title in the last six seasons? grin grin the same trends n changes that did not affect tottenham or affect birmingham from winning it? you are a poor excuse of a grown man. grin

Was the debt level in the Premiership as high?

what has the debt level gotta do with your failure? if you assemble a quality squad, you will win titles. birmingham fc defeated arsenal on sunday. the cost of birmingham's team was nowhere close to arsenal and yet wenger was outclassed by alex mcleish. what has the debt level gotta do with your club's ineptitude and the failure gene in their dna?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
You've outed yourself already as a glory hunter whose confidence is easily destroyed and without commitment to any cause so its logical yu'll see that in others, my challenge to you remains, will you retract these statements if Arsenal end up with a profit at the end of the season?

@duduspace,
are u not the same person writing ur biography on the other topic raised by another taut when he said chelsea rest in peace - whose condolence register did u fill there? u sound loyal and cheated here, why. u shld be in that same jubiliant mode. can we change that same register to ur arsenal?

besides why are u pple raising finances now? thot u always said it didnt matter? confused donkeys

@4llerbuntu,
it takes donkeys to know one so i presume u are made in donkeys. you are from a generation of donkeys. if u lack information, why not learn? can't you concentrate on ur trading busines or must u talk football? u come here to insult ur fathers.
if u go home, call anyone in ur family donkey and monkey.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2011
1025:

@4llerbuntu,
it takes donkeys to know one so i presume u are made in donkeys. you are from a generation of donkeys. if u lack information, why not learn? can't you concentrate on your trading busines or must u talk football? u come here to insult your fathers. 
if u go home, call anyone in your family donkey and monkey.

lord of mercy! cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2011
MAROUANE CHAMAKH blasted the 'stupid' blunder that cost Arsenal the Carling Cup.

The mix-up between Laurent Koscielny and keeper Wojciech Szczesny allowed Obafemi Martins to snatch Birmingham a 2-1 victory at Wembley.

Gunners striker Chamakh said: "I don't hold anything against any player but it's a shame and stupid to concede a goal like that. We're so frustrated - and sad and angry."

@dudu,
there are the exact words of chamakh. what do u have to say? it is true that ur players, club and coach are stupid, a shame, frustrated, angry and sad?
please say someething before i make up my mind.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2011
1025:

@dudu,
there are the exact words of chamakh. what do u have to say? it is true that your players, club and coach are silly, a shame, frustrated, angry and sad?
please say someething before i make up my mind.

So frustrated, sad and angry in your dictionary means destruction of confidence? were manure players not silly and ashamed to be beaten 4-0 by West Ham in the same competition?
Yu're sounding confused my friend yu do need to make up your mind, sorry I can't make it up for you. tongue
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2011
*Cougar*:

you are a laboratory doofus. cnn did not say it was marginal. cnn simply told you the reason the goal was chalked off. nowhere in that article did they say "it was marginally offside" after watching any replay. your lack of comprehension shines through again.
I've told you already what you can do if you still feel so strongly about the issue, you were the one who gave those links as being supportive of your view, I've only shown you all the views do not agree.

*Cougar*:

yet more evidence your club in it's entirety is a failure. when clubs who don't have your quality can win titles, why can't you? the clubs in your category(man utd, chelsea, liverpool, spurs) have all won titles in the last six seasons. bottom clubs with no quality have won clubs in the last six seasons. why can't arsenal win it, you gibbon?
I've already told you this thread is not about trophies. I've better things to do than go toe to toe with a knucklehead who refuses to read when he has the capacity to. tongue

*Cougar*:

what has the debt level gotta do with your failure. if you assemble a quality squad, you will win titles. birmingham fc defeated arsenal on sunday. the cost of birmingham's team was nowhere close to arsenal and yet wenger was outclassed by alex mcleish. what has the debt level gotta do with your club's ineptitude and the failur gene in their dna?
Sunday was Birmingham's day after not winning anything since 1963, Arsenal's day will come and sooner than you think. The same Birmingham who you say outclassed Arsenal also outclassed West Ham who in turn outclassed you with yur assumed winner's dna so you aint saying much.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 6:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
duduspace:

I've told you already what you can do if you still feel so strongly about the issue, you were the one who gave those links as being supportive of your view, I've only shown you all the views do not agree.

there's no single link that says messi's goal was marginally offside. . . .cnn simply told you the reason the goal was disallowed by the referee. they did not say they thought messi was offside. there's a difference between the two.

I've already told you this thread is not about trophies. I've better things to do than go toe to toe with a knucklehead who refuses to read when he has the capacity to.  tongue

and i have told you winning trophies and posting huge profits go hand in hand. . . .ian wright(arsenal legend) said this yesterday. . . . "don't brag about cash when we are still potless. we were told about a 'robust financial performance' which was an overall loss of £2.5million - and compared to other clubs, these are very good figures.

yet the fact the club started talking about finances the day after a carling cup final defeat rubbed salt into the wounds.
because, had arsene wenger invested in a defender in the january transfer window, maybe arsenal would have won their first trophy since 2005"

sunday was birmingham's day after not winning anything since 1963, arsenal's day will come and sooner than you think. The same Birmingham who you say outclassed Arsenal also outclassed West Ham who in turn outclassed you with yur assumed winner's dna so you aint saying much.

that was exactly what birmingham fans must have thought in 1969(six years into their drought) that their day will come sooner than we thought. man city have gone 35 years now with no sign of winning anything in sight. arsenal are in their 6th year, liverpool in their fifth. na like play like play e dey start. grin in 2008, arsenal fans told me there was no way they would go 3 yrs without a title. now we are in 2011(and still no trophy). grin
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2011
@dudu,
did u see these guys played well yesterday? cld it be because they heard the club wanted to sale lands to get more cash? na waa, money get power.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2011
*Cougar*:

there's no single link that says messi's goal was marginally offside. . . .cnn simply told you the reason the goal was disallowed by the referee. they did not say they thought messi was offside. there's a difference between the two.
You miss the point, so I'm not discussing this any further, yu initially made it sound like everyone knew it was off. I only showed you that even from the same page yu pasted by yourself that they were not all saying what yu claimed, if you can't understand that, I rest my case.

*Cougar*:

and i have told you winning trophies and posting huge profits go hand in hand. . . .ian wright(arsenal legend) said this yesterday. . . . "don't brag about cash when we are still potless. we were told about a 'robust financial performance' which was an overall loss of £2.5million - and compared to other clubs, these are very good figures.

yet the fact the club started talking about finances the day after a carling cup final defeat rubbed salt into the wounds.
because, had arsene wenger invested in a defender in the january transfer window, maybe arsenal would have won their first trophy since 2005"

And what exactly qualifies Ian Wright to run a club and what experience does he have in how a club should be financed? whether we won or not, the results were already scheduled to come out on that day, he is welcomed to rant if he's disappointed we lost, other legends from the club approach issues in a more measured and reasonable manner.

*Cougar*:

that was exactly what birmingham fans must have thought in 1969(six years into their drought) that their day will come sooner than we thought. man city have gone 35 years now with no sign of winning anything in sight. arsenal are in their 6th year, liverpool in their fifth. na like play like play e dey start. grin in 2008, arsenal fans told me there was no way they would go 3 yrs without a title. now we are in 2011(and still no trophy). grin
Well, I wanted to believe that yu're smart enough to know that there are always ifs and buts in predictions, the assertion was never that manure is sure of ruin. The prediction was always classified with a 'if' predicated on how they managed the debt situation. Arsenal also would not win if we continued to sell players important players but the fact is that in the past year Arsenal has not sold important players so I know its all part of the long term plan to change things around as the financial situation concerning the stadium move lessened.
I hope yu also realise that based on what yu just posted that the fact Manure won a Carling cup last season also does not in any way insure yu against going trophyless for as long as Citeh have?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2011
Well, I wanted to believe that yu're smart enough to know that there are always ifs and buts in predictions, the assertion was never that manure is sure of ruin. The prediction was always classified with a 'if' predicated on how they managed the debt situation. Arsenal also would not win if we continued to sell players important players but the fact is that in the past year Arsenal has not sold important players so I know its all part of the long term plan to change things around as the financial situation concerning the stadium move lessened.
I hope yu also realise that based on what yu just posted that the fact Manure won a Carling cup last season also does not in any way insure yu against going trophyless for as long as Citeh have?

@duduspace,
what i like most about ur analysis here is the humility. u sound so humble.
if you know all these, why did u sign a condolence register confirming the death of chelsea in less than a season when ur own club has gone six yrs trophiless?
was it another way of saying that he that is down(arsenal) needs fear no fall?
u must be reasonable in all ur analyses to avoid been called a partial judge.
who will take u serious if u leave ur club that has refused to win anything in six yrs and then crucify a team that is still the champion? think am well broda.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
1025:

@duduspace,
what i like most about your analysis here is the humility. u sound so humble.
if you know all these, why did u sign a condolence register confirming the death of chelsea in less than a season when your own club has gone six yrs trophiless?
was it another way of saying that he that is down(arsenal) needs fear no fall?
u must be reasonable in all your analyses to avoid been called a partial judge.
who will take u serious if u leave your club that has refused to win anything in six yrs and then crucify a team that is still the champion? think am well broda.

Wetin concern yu with what I posted elsewhere are yu a stalker?  tongue grin

I can justify why Arsenal haven't won trophies in a while by the simple fact that we've incurred debt to build a stadium, I believe we are doing close to miracles at present in that club, just go and ask Ajax what befell them and they are still struggling with after they used their success in the 90s to build the Amsterdam arena.
I know very well what state my club is in right now and I'm certain we will win a major trophy in 2 years at the most, I still believe we are positioned to win something this season.

The reason why I will write as I choose to about Chelsea is simple, they have actually spent more than we spent to build our stadium on player signing and wages alone between 2004 and now. If they are so lacking in foresight that their team had to get this bad, then they are deserving of any epitaph anyone writes for them. On expenditure alone, no one should be close to them at all, not even Manure.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
Wetin concern yu with what I posted elsewhere are yu a stalker? Tongue Grin

I can justify why Arsenal haven't won trophies in a while by the simple fact that we've incurred debt to build a stadium, I believe we are doing close to miracles at present in that club, just go and ask Ajax what befell them and they are still struggling with after they used their success in the 90s to build the Amsterdam arena.
I know very well what state my club is in right now and I'm certain we will win a major trophy in 2 years at the most, I still believe we are positioned to win something this season.

The reason why I will write as I choose to about Chelsea is simple, they have actually spent more than we spent to build our stadium on player signing and wages alone between 2004 and now. If they are so lacking in foresight that their team had to get this bad, then they are deserving of any epitaph anyone writes for them. On expenditure alone, no one should be close to them at all, not even Manure.

@dudu,
a man whose house is on fire can never go after rats. u know too well that ur house is not in order and u left it to discuss someone else's problems. that is very funny brother.
chelsea is enjoying the owner's money. chelsea is in debt but that is what we call internal debt. the owner of the club is loaning money to himself and because of the type of joy he gets from watching drogba score bobastic goals, he can wake up one morning and say, ok, ok, okkkkkkkkkkkkkk make una take that money and fiam, chelsea will not be owing any gaddam sh, i, t to anyone.
uncle, life is too short, enjoy urself while u have the opportunity no one knows tomorrow.
we at chelsea are enjoying ourselves so if u hate enjoyment, u can try the next door.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
duduspace:

You miss the point, so I'm not discussing this any further, yu initially made it sound like everyone knew it was off. I only showed you that even from the same page yu pasted by yourself that they were not all saying what yu claimed, if you can't understand that, I rest my case.

everyone knew it was off. c-n-n reported the referee's decision. they did not say messi was offside.

And what exactly qualifies Ian Wright to run a club and what experience does he have in how a club should be financed? whether we won or not, the results were already scheduled to come out on that day, he is welcomed to rant if he's disappointed we lost, other legends from the club approach issues in a more measured and reasonable manner.

he's an arsenal legend and he knows the club is nose-diving with the long trophy drought.

Well, I wanted to believe that yu're smart enough to know that there are always ifs and buts in predictions, the assertion was never that manure is sure of ruin. The prediction was always classified with a 'if' predicated on how they managed the debt situation.

there's no ifs and buts here. only dolts like you would predict united's downfall because of an artificial debt. the club's turnover is about 300 million. they cop the highest attendance in europe and they have the most popular sporting brand in the world. how won't they manage their debt?

Arsenal also would not win if we continued to sell players important players but the fact is that in the past year Arsenal has not sold important players so I know its all part of the long term plan to change things around as the financial situation concerning the stadium move lessened.

who are the important players in arsenal? gooners are crying for the club to add quality to the defence and you are here braying like an ass- that arsenal are not selling important players. toure isn't important? adebayor? hleb? flamini? henry? what are those players? inferior?

man utd still won the community shield in august of 2010 beating chelsea so i don't know if your amnesia is acute or slight.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by HNIC(m): 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2011
@Cougar
Your obsession with this Messi's goal sucks
So what if it was a goal.Why didn't he score another?
Etoo's goal against Arsenal in 2006 was offside.
Do you see Arsenal fans moaning about it?
Is that the first 'maginally offside' goal you will ever see?
@duduspace and 4ler
U get time arguing with these people
@1025
You keep yabbing about trophylessness
Did you know that it took 50 years for Chelsea to win a league title?
Do you also know that there are more trophies in Arsenal's cabinet than Chelsea's
Or you think football started in England when Abramovich arrived in UK?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2011
HNIC:

@Cougar

wait until next week. . . . .your dreams might come true. grin
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 10:02am On Mar 04, 2011
@Cougar
@duduspace and 4ler
U get time arguing with these people
@1025
You keep yabbing about trophylessness
Did you know that it took 50 years for Chelsea to win a league title?
Do you also know that there are more trophies in Arsenal's cabinet than Chelsea's
Or you think football started in England when Abramovich arrived in UK?

@HNIC,
do u know also that the 50yrs trophilessness of chelsea started with just one season? do u know that arsenal can also break that record if time is not taken? do u know the difference between the new chelsea and the new arsenal? do u know egypt and italy were once the world powers?
uncle,do u know that, i get am before no be property?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by switch47(m): 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2011
1025:

@HNIC,
do u know also that the 50yrs trophilessness of chelsea started with just one season? do u know that arsenal can also break that record if time is not taken? do u know the difference between the new chelsea and the new arsenal? do u know egypt and italy were once the world powers?
  shaaraaap there!! Arsenals trophy is still there to see, it is not all this i get am before. Records builds a teams pedigree and Arsenal still got more silverware than chelsea!! and what is the difference between the new chelsea and new Arsenal?? Arsenal sits in number two position on the league table while chelsea is strugling to stay in top four. and ArsenaL beat chelsea 3-1 the last time they met! that is the new Arsenal and the new mumu chelsea.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by HNIC(m): 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2011
1025:

@HNIC,
Hehehehehe
Tell me about the new Chelsea.
12 points off the pace and fighting the spuds for 4th place.
Only realistically trophy this season is the CL.
Arsenal are still in 3 competitions.
I will rather be an Arsenal fan.
Go and read some history, 1025.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 2:44pm On Mar 05, 2011
shaaraaap there!! Arsenals trophy is still there to see, it is not all this i get am before. Records builds a teams pedigree and Arsenal still got more silverware than chelsea!! and what is the difference between the new chelsea and new Arsenal?? Arsenal sits in number two position on the league table while chelsea is strugling to stay in top four. and ArsenaL beat chelsea 3-1 the last time they met! that is the new Arsenal and the new mumu chelsea.

@switch47,
by telling me shaarap, u insult somebody parent so tell me why ur own parents will not be insulted? whatsoever u wish other people's parents, same goes to ur own parents.

Hehehehehe
Tell me about the new Chelsea.
12 points off the pace and fighting the spuds for 4th place.
Only realistically trophy this season is the CL.
Arsenal are still in 3 competitions.
I will rather be an Arsenal fan.
Go and read some history, 1025.

@HNIC,
the new chelsea came on board with the arrieval of abrahimovic and since then, we know the number of epl, fa and carling cup trophies.
12 points from the pace with 33 points to fight for.
arsenal are still in 3 competitions after winning the carling cup against birminham. by tuesday, u will add one more competition. is there any difference in the number of competitions u have been in since the past six yrs? how many competitions u get involved in every yr and how many u win are two different things.
u can't continue been jack of all trades and master of none. one will expect these children with light bornes to concentrate on carling cup and win it rather than showing up and here and there knowing too well that u end up loosing all every season. ur second position on the league table is not the best u have had in six season. i have seen u on top yet the story ended the same way. this ur stories can only be told to minors. i know arsenal very well and i left the heart breakers far back 2004 so like i said, let us wait till may. i hope u will be arround to talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Milan, Madrid, Manchester, London Or Rome - Which City Has The Best Combined XI? / Sunderland Vs Manchester United [0 - 0] On Saturday 2nd October / Manchester United Tops World Richest Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.