Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,839 members, 7,831,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? (572 Views)

El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat / UK To Grant Asylum To ‘persecuted’ IPOB, MASSOB Members / Buhari’s Military Junta Persecuted Atiku Over 53 Suitcases – Titi Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World?Why are we always the ones being targeted for hate around the world.

Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by donbachi(m): 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
Because we work smart.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by ipica: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
Sometimes, you just sit and ask ur self, what are my doing here. Sometimes, it's like the laws of the universe don't apply here sef. Evil is rewarded with good and vice versa, honesty doesn't pay. Just do the opposite of what is right and progress personally at the expense of everyone else. I jus tire sef
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
donbachi:
Because we work smart.

Why don't other countries acknowledge this. Why single us out all the time.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by ipica: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
Sometimes, you just sit and ask ur self, what am I doing here. Sometimes, it's like the laws of the universe don't apply here sef. Evil is rewarded with good and vice versa, honesty doesn't pay. Just do the opposite of what is right and progress personally at the expense of everyone else. I jus tire sef
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Benevento(m): 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
donbachi:
Because we work smart.
how?

by selling drugs, human trafficking, prostitution etcetera?

your brain is empty.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
Benevento:

how?

your brain is empty.

How many percent of Nigerians engage in these vices?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by donbachi(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Benevento:
how?

your brain is empty.
thank u and GOD bless.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Blankstare(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
ipica:
Sometimes, you just sit and ask ur self, what am I doing here. Sometimes, it's like the laws of the universe don't apply here sef. Evil is rewarded with good and vice versa, honesty doesn't pay. Just do the opposite of what is right and progress personally at the expense of everyone else. I jus tire sef

No be only you brother, I don overstretche my brain tire, but always hopeful
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Benevento(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

majority, more than 80% of Nigerians living in South East Asian countries (Malaysia, Singapore, India e.t.c) engage in illegal activities.

ditto with South Africa, and UAE.

these are the countries we mostly have problems with (with the exception U.S.A)

mostly.

fraud
drugs
human trafficking
etcetera.

I learnt Nigerians even celebrate 7/7 (a special day for eiye confraternity) in Philippines.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Rosskii: 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World?Why are we always the ones being targeted for hate around the world.

Err, actually, the premise of your question is FALSE.

It is really among the working classes of these countries that there is some anti-Nigerian sentiment, primarily because of our entrepreneurial spirit which crowds out the tepid commercial proclivities of those communities.

Now, of course they will never admit to this, so they will use the criminal activities perpetrated by a MINORITY of Nigerians in those countries, to paint the entire Nigerian community as 'criminals'.

The old 'give a dog a bad name in order to hang it' routine.

The REALITY is that in EVERY SINGLE ONE of those countries mentioned, the overwhelming majority of Nigerians are contributing honestly, in business, employment, or as students, to those economies.

A vivid example of this is in the United States, where the Nigerian 'ethnicity' is rated the best performing ethnic group in America in terms of higher education, earnings, and positive contributions.

In fact, Nigerians have been a thorn in the flesh of racist groups in the USA, such as the KKK and neo-nazis, as their status as high performers in education and industry - beating immigrant groups like the Chinese, Japanese, French, Norwegian, German, Dutch, English, Italian, Ghanaian, Kenyan, and South African, and stunningly disproving discredited theories of white superiority. Nigerians are regularly hailed by African-Americans, for their contributions to dismantling those demented ideas from public consciousness.

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Data-show-Nigerians-the-most-educated-in-the-U-S-1600808.php

Additionally, many Nigerians have no idea about the level of cultural influence being exerted by Nigeria in most African countries today, leading many in those countries to feel a certain...resentment.

In those countries, Nigerian music leads, as does Nigerian-derived fashion, and Nigerian film.

They go on Netflix, and virtually EVERY single film there from Africa is from Nigeria.

They go on YouTube, and the videos with 100 million+ views are of Nigerians, artistes and entertainers.

They switch on their radio. It is Nigerian music playing.

They switch on their television, it is Nollywood movies playing.

They watch Big Brother.

It will have to be BB Naija.

They turn to sports, and a Nigerian is world heavyweight boxing champion.

They go to school, and books by Nigerian literary giants like Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, are Required Reading, which they must all study before they can pass out.

They go the bank, and it is Zenith, or UBA, or Access Bank, or...

I MEAN, who wouldn't be tired of Nigerians in Africa especially?

We've taken over their very existence.

That's why they're unhappy.

Someone please hand them tissue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Rugaria: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nigerias image was ruined beyond redemption during the NADECO days.. People tend to overlook this period in Nigerias history a lot. But this was actually the first time a huge chunk of Nigerian elite decided to run away from the country after being out played by Abacha. Day in day out, the likes of Tinubu, soyinka, fahwemi, falana, kuti, sani, ubani, abiola, and many many others took turns to move from one western news house to the other slamming nigeria in the most uncouth way possible! Western politicians recruited them and used them to advance western interests here without some of them knowing... It all looked justified then to hammer away at Abacha/Nigeria but that also opened the door for many western powers who hitherto respected Nigeria a bit because of issues related to racism and decolonization in Africa to step in and start to more or less to order Nigeria around.

Nigerias reputation took a nosedive afterwards and we Al of a sudden started reading of even government officials having dogs unleashed at them at western airports. Abachas response was mooted! Remember this was almost during the first gulf war. Lots of dictators took note! Abacha died and the western lords never stopped. Forget all the talks about scams and all that, Chinese Nationals do far worse but you seldom read of their international crimes because internationally, their government is feared. Mexicans and Columbians push far more drugs, but Nigerians get the bad rap. Always...
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Benevento(m): 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
donbachi:
thank u and GOD bless.
South Africans wants an end to drug trafficking, human trafficking, prostitution and all the forms of illegal activities in which Nigerians are the main culprits... but one Donbachi thinks his country men are smarter than South Africans, Stupid.

smartness is when you travel thousands of Kilometers to another country to set up giant companies like Multi choice (DStv gotv), the biggest cable TV provider, ShopRite (the biggest mall), MTN ( the biggest service provider) PEP ( big store), Stanbic IBTC bank, etcetera..

now the above is smartness, South Africans exploit Nigerians in a legal way, see how they successfully set up giant companies I listed above NOT selling of drugs, human trafficking, LMAO.

Igbochief101 seems you are on the same page with this Donbachi.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Benevento(m): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
Rugaria:
Nigerias image was ruined beyond redemption during the NADECO days.. People tend to overlook this period in Nigerias history a lot. But this was actually the first time a huge chunk of Nigerian elite decided to run away from the country after being out played by Abacha. Day in day out, the likes of Tinubu, soyinka, fahwemi, falana, kuti, sani, ubani, abiola, and many many others took turns to move from one western news house to the other slamming nigeria in the most uncouth way possible! Western politicians recruited them and used them to advance western interests here without some of them knowing... It all looked justified then to hammer away at Abacha/Nigeria but that also opened the door for many western powers who hitherto respected Nigeria a bit because of issues related to racism and decolonization in Africa to step in and start to more or less to order Nigeria around.

Nigerias reputation took a nosedive afterwards and we Al of a sudden started reading of even government officials having dogs unleashed at them at western airports. Abachas response was mooted! Remember this was almost during the first gulf war. Lots of dictators took note! Abacha died and the western lords never stopped. Forget all the talks about scams and all that, Chinese Nationals do far worse but you seldom read of their international crimes because internationally, their government is feared. Mexicans and Columbians push far more drugs, but Nigerians get the bad rap. Always...
trash.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Jostoman: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
They hate us because of the stupid things that our government is doing.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by izombie(m): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
Even in Nigeria we hate ourselves.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Banmeallday: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Because they see the NIGGER in Nigeria as in Nigger Area....then the average Naija is throwing party, buying sections, chasing Nyash from useless girls and then turns around and says Trump is racist.....

Is that not a bonafide NIGGER for you?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by happy200(m): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

stop hiding, you are Boers in South Africa. Your hatred for Nigeria will not stop the fast progress we are making now. Even the United States of America is now recognizing us.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Rosskii: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Banmeallday:
Because they see the N....R in Nigeria as in Nigger Area....then the average Naija is throwing party, buying sections, chasing Nyash from useless girls and then turns around and says Trump is racist.....

Is that not a bonafide N...R for you?

Please reserve such nasty, racist terminology for you and your nasty parents who failed to raise you.

Leave the rest of us out of it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Rosskii: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
izombie:
Even in Nigeria we hate ourselves.

Speak for yourself please... I do not hate other Nigerians.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by happy200(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Rosskii:

abeg no answer Zombie again o, check the name first before you reply a "f00l"

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by izombie(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Rosskii:

really? Anyway, not every foreigner hates Nigerians in their countries, so not every Nigerian will hate other Nigerians. We don't even put tribalism aside in this country.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
Rosskii:

100...tribalism should be banned and a law should be enacted to punish culprits.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
happy200:
stop hiding, you are Boers in South Africa. Your hatred for Nigeria will not stop the fast progress we are making now. Even the United States of America is now recognizing us.

I am Yoruba from Osun State.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by richiemcgold: 10:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
there are some characters associated with many Nigerians, you might not know how contradictory they are to basic norms in other climes until you step outside here and mingle with other foreign nationals.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by happy200(m): 2:58am On Sep 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I am Yoruba from Osun State.
where is your national I.D card?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by alezzy13: 3:02am On Sep 24, 2020
Loud, boastful, openly flaunting ill-gotten wealth, among others.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Persecuted All Over The World? by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 24, 2020
happy200:
where is your national I.D card?

(1) (Reply)

We Need Our Country – Yoruba Leader, Akintoye Tells Buhari / Update On Shahuci Flyover With Hospital Emergency Underpass / Oct 1st Sit At Home: I Support Kanu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.