Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,393 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia (13979 Views)

Tinubu Approves Construction Of 1,000 Houses In Kebbi, Kastina, Kaduna, Others / Buhari Approves Construction Of ₦21 Billion 14-Bed Space Presidential Clinic / FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by BleedingPen: 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
....as Hon. Ben Kalu thanks Minister Fashola

The member representing Bende Federal Constituency, Hon. Benjamin Kalu, has thanked the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, following the news that rehabilitation and construction on the Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road (LOT2) in Abia State has finally been approved by the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

Igbere TV gathered that the approval, announced on Wednesday during the FEC meeting, is for the rehabilitation to commence from the Umuahia axis of the road.

In a statement made available to Igbere TV in Abuja, a very elated Rep. Kalu thanked Fashola for his listening ear, consideration and support over the last one year regarding the approval and repair of the Bende-Ohafia road.

“I thank the Honourable Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola for taking this project as his own over the last one year. The people of Bende have suffered greatly as a result of the severe dilapidation of the Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia road.

“I am very impressed with the excellence demonstrated by the people at the Ministry of Works during my engagements with them for this federal government intervention.

“I particularly appreciate the Federal Executive Council, the Ministry of Works Permanent Secretary, the former acting permanent secretary Engr. Yemi, the Director of Works – South-East highways Eng. Funso Adebiyi, as well as the staff at the Abia state office of the Ministry who worked diligently during the measurement and design of the road.

"I also congratulate the contractor- Hartland Construction, and am hopeful that they will be funded immediately to commence work from the Umuahia axis having secured this approval".

Hon. Kalu, who doubles as Spokesman of the House of Representatives, expressed hope that economic activities in his constituency would enjoy a boost upon completion of the project.

Newsmen witnessed a congratulatory phone call from the Minister of State for Mines and Steel, Dr. Uche Ogah, who phoned in to congratulate Rep. Kalu on the giant stride.

They both agreed that Fashola is doing a great job, describing him as a public servant with unique qualities worthy of emulation and as one who is committed to rehabilitating the infrastructures around the nation both in urban and rural areas which Bende Federal Constituency falls under.

The honourable minister who equally spoke to the Rep immediately after the FEC meeting assured him of more efforts to fund the project, adding that he should be expectant for the Bende-Itumbauzo-Akwa Ibom road.

https://igberetvnews.com/1365676/hon-ben-kalu-thanks-fashola-fec-approves-umuahia-bende-ohafia-road/

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by BleedingPen: 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by michlins(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
As you have congratulated them for awarding the contract. Kindly complete the project or else you're owing us oh. Make the congratulations no waste

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Cyberterror: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Project attracted by OUK.

OUK 2023 is a mass movement. Join today.

11 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Simplyleo: 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
Which FEC?

Is it the one headed by athifku and lamidi cownu with ffk, Fayose etal as members?

And which road?

Is it the one already constructed by patient Jonathan's sister inlaw?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by flyingpig: 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
Commendable

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by slivertongue: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
hope it won't be abandoned
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by daddytime(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nice one.

Well done Fg
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by yanabasee(m): 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2020
Simplyleo:
Which FEC?

Is it the one headed by athifku and lamidi cownu with ffk, Fayose etal as members?

And which road?

Is it the one already constructed by patient Jonathan's sister inlaw?

Pained....

Sometimes, you don't comment like someone that's supporting the ruling party....

You comment like someone that's supporting Herdsmen!!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Simplyleo: 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
yanabasee:

Pained....

Sometimes, you don't comment like someone that's supporting the ruling party....

You comment like someone that's supporting Herdsmen!!
Meaning you have been following my comments.

But on the contrary, i don't know about your existence.

That is one of the ironies of life. cheesy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Golan007: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
Why?
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by PureGoldh(m): 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
No be today something....No be to approve be the Koko na wether dem go work on the road be the main deal.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Golan007: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
It should be abandoned.
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hmm issokay

Incase you don't know na me talk
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by fergie001: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
Good Good Good Good Good......
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by AbamOnyerubi: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
They award this project every year to contractors.
Then followed congratulatory messages even before the work commences, then there it ends. We wait for another year.
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Slawormir: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Buhari my real niggarrr
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by ursullalinda(f): 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
Congratulations for awarding contract?.......is it news to award contract?.......they should look into all the federal roads down east and South South........they are appalling biko.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
Cyberterror:
Project attracted by OUK.

OUK 2023 is a mass movement. Join today.
That APC is even considering Orji Uzor Kalu for a presidential post shows that the party is useless

A responsible government will carry out their responsibility not because of anyone but because it's the right thing to do

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by lonelydora: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
They keep awarding this my village road every time. If they don't want to work on it, they should tell us. Enough of all these deception.

T.A. Orji used this same road to syphon money.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by mattmogan88: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by money121(m): 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by iHart(m): 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wow, hallelujah
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Godblessaplus1(m): 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nice one
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Abalado(f): 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
Stupid APC party,,

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by tillaman(m): 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
Long overdue
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by DropsMic(m): 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
Cool
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by Brunosamel(m): 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Abia north representatives are really doing there best to make life easier for their people... I hope the commence the construction as soon as possible...

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by chuksmad(m): 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Simplyleo:

Meaning you have been following my comments.

But on the contrary, i don't know about your existence.

That is one of the ironies of life. cheesy
This guy, be reasonable some times, Life does not end in Nairaland

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Umuahia-Bende-Ohafia Road In Abia by 35824L: 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Iboes will rush here to celebrate their village road that gully erosion will swallow before long.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch / FG Procures Technology To Monitor, Prevent Grid Collapse / We're All Crooks In Nigeria, We Always Find A Shortway To Any Law - Robert Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.