Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters (6185 Views)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets / Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai / Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by againstGEJ(m): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2011
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/bola-tinubus-heroin-tainted-assets-forfeiture-judgement

Sahara Reporters has obtained original copies of a judgement in the case of United States v Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos State, in which Bola Tinubu was charged (along with other defendants) in a case of massive drug trafficking and money laundering. This judgement directly relates to (and further documents) the September 16, 2008 "How U.S Federal Agents succesfully Linked Bola Tinubu to drug Trafficking Ring in Chicago" report by Sahara Reporters

Snippets of the case and subsequent judgement are presented below. The complete document (VERY LARGE pdf file - 4mb) can be downloaded at the end of this report.

The United States of America, by its attorney, Michael J. Shepard, United States Attorney for Northern District of Illinois, for its verified complaint of forfeiture, states as follows:

1. This is a FORFEITURE action under 21 U.S.C , ss88 and 18, ss 981,
2. The DEFENDANT funds are located in the above-described accounts and were SEIZED pursuant to PROCESS ISSUED BY THIS COURT,
4, beginning as early as 1998, Adegboyega Mueez Akande, WITH OTHERS OPERATED a organiszation (sic) which DISTRIBUTED WHITE HEROIN, a controlled substance under Title 21 of the United States Code.
5, this DISTRIBUTION OPERATION was conducted on a LARGE SCALE and the PROCEEDS of the operation SUBSTANTIAL. The defendant funds represent proceeds of this OPERATION of property involved in MONEY LAUNDERING.
6, the defendant funds represent proceeds of NARCOTICS TRAFFICKING , and , MONEY LAUNDERING, the funds are therefore FOREFEITABLE to the United States,

JUDGEMENT:
j, Neither a claim nor answer has been filed on behalf of the defendant funds , accordingly, it hereby
ORDERED that the funds in the AMOUNT of $460,000 in account, in the name of BOLA TINUBU represents proceeds of NARCOTICS or were involved in financial transactions in violation of 18 U.S.C ss 1956 and 1957 and therefore these funds are forfeit to the United States,

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Beaf: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2011
[size=14pt]U.S AGENTS EXPOSE BOLA TINUBU'S DRUG TRAFFICKING DEALS [/size]

Facts have emerged that the erstwhile Governor of Lagos state, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu may have been involved in a white heroin trafficking network which operated in Chicago and some parts of Indiana and led by one Adegboyega Mueez Akande between 1988 and 1993. The source of the white heroine was identified as one Mr. Lee Andrew Edwards who was incarcerated for attempting to murder a federal agent while the agent was executing a search warrant on him.

According to the Verified Complaint for forfeiture in case No. 93 C 4483 Obtained by SaharaReporters, which was filed on July 26, 1993 before the Hon. Judge Nordberg of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the United States Government urged the Court to order the forfeiture of funds in accounts Nos. 263226700 held by First Heritage Bank in the name of Bola Tinubu, funds in accounts 39483134, 39483396, 4650279566, 00400220, 39936404 and 39936383 held by Citibank N.A in the name of Bola Tinubu and funds in accounts 52050-89451952,52050-89451952, 52050-89451953 held by Citibank in the name of Bola Tinubu because there was probable cause to believe that the funds in Tinubu's bank accounts represented proceeds of narcotics trafficking or were monies involved in financial transactions in violations of 18 U.S.C, sections 1956 and 1957 and therefore, was forfeitable to the U.S Government.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/os1147.html
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by homerac7: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2011
Interesting. Let d show begin!
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by homerac7: 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2011

As much as it can pass for indictment, there's no conviction presented here. So i can say it's legally as good as nothing.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Beaf: 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2011
homerac7:

As much as it can pass for indictment, there's no conviction presented here. So i can say it's legally as good as nothing.

The case is still open in America. Tinubu, like Atiku cannot go to the US, lest he be summarilly locked away.

“The facts revealed in the U.S. Investigation of the funds and their source are detailed in the affidavit filed by the Internal Revenue Service.

In the letter from the NDLEA that resulted in Kellum’s reaction, the lead anti-narcotic agency in Nigeria said that the conclusion it could draw was that Tinubu’s drug case was yet to be closed by the United States.

The letter, in its opinion section, noted, “Former paragraph 6 above, Governor Ahmed Bola Tinubu was involved in Money Laundering Transactions along with Mueez Adegboya Akande and Abiodun Agbele in the United States of America.

“Even though he was not charged to court, he had to compromise the case. Otherwise, he would have lost the whole money.

“Arising from the case, Governor Ahmed Bola Tinubu forfeited 460,000 US dollars to the United States Government being proceeds of narcotic trafficking or property involved in financial transactions in violation of 18 USO 1956 and 1957 and therefore was forfeitable to the United States (emphasis that of the NDLEA).

“It is pertinent to note that the funds held by Citi bank which was released to Governor Ahmed Bola Tinubu and the action filed against these funds held in the said accounts was dismissed with prejudice. This in effect means the case has not been closed (emphasis that of NDLEA)

http://www.pointblanknews.com/os1147.html

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by seanet02: 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2011
homerac7:

Probably you don't know the poster is paid per post against TINUBU by GEJ. Waste of bandwidth
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by seanet02: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2011
Beaf:

The case is still open in America. Tinubu, like Atiku cannot go to the US, lest he be summarilly locked away.

What else do you know except from Lie Peddling? The same TINUBU PDP wrongly accused of visiting Maryland last year to facilitate the sale of his house is now somebody that can not visit Us. You think He is ibori your brother that is languishing in jail. Ode buruku
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by homerac7: 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2011
@ seanet

Beaf and I hav had occassions to grind axes, but dt shouldn't stop us from having healthy and reasonable approaches to other issues irrespective of sides we take stance wt.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Solomon227(m): 9:16pm On Feb 28, 2011
Vote for Change

[size=20pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by seanet02: 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2011
homerac7:

@ seanet

Beaf and I hav had occassions to grind axes, but dt shouldn't stop us from having healthy and reasonable approaches to other issues irrespective of sides we take stance wt.
Okay sir, i heard you. It's just sickening to see beaf starting lots of threads against the same man. Just look at the threads he has started over the past 72 hours and you will understand my feeling. At least he has not been convicted. If he is corrupt as beaf is crying how come PDP did not use their Federal might over him all this while at least it's been over 7 years that PDP has been recycling over the same allegation with no trait of evidence to prove at any Fair law court. It's like TINUBU has something to sort out with him. This campaign of Calumny must stopped.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Beaf: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2011
homerac7:

@ seanet

Thanks a lot for that. I can't understand why seanet and his likes insist on behaving like hunters. We can be on opposing sides of the same argument, but things don't need to degenerate to terrible lows; just yesterday, the thin legged OPC man, seanet even went as far as making death threats to me. Sad.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Beaf: 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2011
seanet02:

Okay sir, i heard you. It's just sickening to see beaf starting lots of threads against the same man. Just look at the threads he has started over the past 72 hours and you will understand my feeling. At least he has not been convicted. If he is corrupt as beaf is crying how come PDP did not use their Federal might over him all this while at least it's been over 7 years that PDP has been recycling over the same allegation with no trait of evidence to prove at any Fair law court. It's like TINUBU has something to sort out with him. This campaign of Calumny must stopped.

Do you think if I stopped posting articles that expose Tinubu's criminal life that it would make the man any less a money laundering, drug pusher? lol
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by seanet02: 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2011
Beaf:

Thanks a lot for that. I can't understand why seanet and his likes insist on behaving like hunters. We can be on opposing sides of the same argument, but things don't need to degenerate to terrible lows; just yesterday, the thin legged OPC man, seanet even went as far as making death threats to me. Sad.
See me see trouble o. Go and reread that post again, i simply said if GEJ hired posters want to jail TINUBU on this trumped up charges then they should be ready for six metres! When did you become GEJ's hired poster? Na me u dey called thin legged OPC member, you no serious. Me wey fight over 20 ibo truck loaders to a standstill yesterday. Beaf i don't take things personal like you do. Me hunter? Yes i go use the Gun hunt for beaf for osi ewu soup.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by jamesibor: 11:13am On Jul 18, 2013
No matter how hard you try, you can't kill the truth.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Pygru: 11:40am On Jul 18, 2013
Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by solomon111(m): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Criminal.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by jamesibor: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
solomon111: Criminal.
A hardened one at that. That's the same man some people are proud to call their leader. I wonder what sort of people have a criminal as their leader.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by bestview: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
yurubas are shameless pigs..

A people without a hero..

Rather they choose criminals and arm robber as their leaders and heros..
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by abrat: 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Pygru: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
james_ibor: A hardened one at that. That's the same man some people are proud to call their leader. I wonder what sort of people have a criminal as their leader.
I smh for them
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Willy4Willy: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
Bola Tinubu Yoruba
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by OBAGADAFFI: 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
I can see you Igbos just created another tread for you civil war.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Pygru: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2013
OBAGADAFFI: I can see you Igbos just created another tread for you civil war.
sharap!
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 20, 2013
Mods wat r u waiting for before taking this to the fp! Wo.lves in sheepskin.....
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:47am On Jul 20, 2013
bestview: yurubas are shameless pigs..

dnt start...

Who are ur heros?

1. Ojukwu the absconder?

2. Asari the child molester, militant and confused man? Dnt forget the pig even dumped ur side for republic of benin! How is it diff from ojukwu who ran?

3. Jonathan? Don't jes talk dt one!

4. Achebe? grin u knw wot i knw! He didn't even smell the highest level in literature in his wheel chair days...grin

5. Alams? grin

6. Okay, maybe you..we folly is enuff to last ten generations for a life time grin

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 20, 2013
seanet02: Probably you don't know the poster is paid per post against TINUBU by GEJ. Waste of bandwidth
Who doesn't know Mr BEEF on nairaland? An online electronic warrior under the pay roll of Mr Jonathan and Pdp. The guy shouldn't be taken seriously by all right thinking Nigerian. Regarding the writeup. You guyz just cant stop amazing me. You have over and over again discredited anything saharareporters,but now you shamelessly quote the same online news company to further your shameless paid master's cause. Even if it was true his hundred thousand dollars worth of drugs was seized, how about Gej(your pay master) attrocities,embezzlement,terrorism sponsoring?Tell me about em. Anyways, you are a popular Gej paid agent on Nairaland. Anyone who takes you serious is either ignorant or a fool.
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Pygru: 10:12am On Jul 20, 2013
Nnanna224: Mods wat r u waiting for before taking this to the fp! Wo.lves in sheepskin.....
mods dey sleep grin grin grin
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Willy4Willy: 10:15am On Jul 20, 2013
bestview: yurubas are shameless pigs..

What
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by Pygru: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
seanet02: What else do you know except from Lie Peddling? The same TINUBU PDP wrongly accused of visiting Maryland last year to facilitate the sale of his house is now somebody that can not visit Us. You think He is ibori your brother that is languishing in jail. Ode buruku
sharap
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by ChiefJusticeFuc: 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bump
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by just2endowed: 7:39am On Jun 22, 2022
Let's wake up this thread.

Comrade cheesy
Re: Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:46am On Jun 22, 2022
A drug dealer cannot be President

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri (beaf)- The Face Of A Liar? / Army Headquarters Locates Buhari's Certificates / How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.