Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself (8063 Views)

6 Things You Must Keep Private If You Want To Succeed / 6 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Prof Nnenna Oti, FUTO's First Female VC / 10 Things You Don't Know About Japanese Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by ruggedtimi(m): 5:55am On Sep 25, 2020
lilachiever:
Lol, funny enough I used to do most of these until a day 2 German Shepherds chased me, nobody told me to fly fence.
sound like you do it regularly?? Abi you dey jump fence for night
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by seanwilliam(m): 6:03am On Sep 25, 2020
hidhrhis:
grin
baba no try this with a german shepherd ooo
went to an old friend's house last month unknown to me theyve gotten a german shepherd
as i knock gate the snr sis open gate,we exchange pleasanteries i was laughing the next thing was a german shepherd jumping out of the gate my junior brother saw it fast and pratice fast and furious with his leg but i wasnt that lucky the dog jumped on me and used it weight to push me inside gutter i tried pushing it away but the weight was too much

people for the street use me laugh ooo cos na like samson and the lion battle but in my own case na dog overpower me
i used all my power to stand up but the dog too get strength
@ op as it mean i sighted the dog fast i will also take to my heels but i was slow so my instinct changed to fight and survival but the dog humiliated me despite not showing fear and stood my ground
na God sha save me cos it wasnt able to bite me and the owner saved me on time before the story change
my point is that u can try this with local dog that are much smaller but never try it with all this big dog ooo
omo , I woke up to laughing.. u made my day before it starts.. lol rotfl
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by seanwilliam(m): 6:04am On Sep 25, 2020
What do I do if I encounter pitbull?
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by dazzlingd(m): 6:21am On Sep 25, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:

What about for a mad dog? I mean the one infected with rabies?. Hardly would a dog attack u in public except for a mad dog, in fact, there is this theory, that a dog loses its strength when in public, a dog attacks most often when u enter its territory, that is its owner's house.

Wen a dog leaves its territory, it becomes a regular road user, they will just pretend u did not exist if u come across them
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by dazzlingd(m): 6:26am On Sep 25, 2020
Openbusiness:
And the idiot bison ended up knocking down its own calf it was rushing to protect and sacrifice it to those wolves and still ran away sad

I weak grin
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by dazzlingd(m): 6:29am On Sep 25, 2020
ReluctantAdult:
Why are people even scared of dogs? I mean it's not even up to your size, a good kick to the mouth will send it running for dear life while wailing pitifully. I've kicked many stubborn, aggressive dogs to humility grin

Well I'd be a little scared if it's a rabid dog because antirabies are damn expensive, but I'd make sure to terminate such dogs sad

Oshe dog kicker, u never jam better dog, it will turn ur leg to chewing stick grin
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by dazzlingd(m): 6:31am On Sep 25, 2020
Brachaa:
Hm

Better don't go and try this with those beastly dogs at GRA ikeja. Those type when they are breathing, you can hear from miles away...

Op you try. At least this can work on those hungry street dogs that like to show themselves sometimes.grin

grin I never knew a dog was advancing towards me one day like that, it was until I heard heavy breathing from behind i looked back to see this dog already marked me for target, luckily its owner was around
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 25, 2020
dazzlingd:

grin I never knew a dog was advancing towards me one day like that, it was until I heard heavy breathing from behind i looked back to see this dog already marked me for target, luckily its owner was around

Lol... I tell ya. That sound eh? Those ones are beast. mehnn...
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 25, 2020
seanwilliam:
What do I do if I encounter pitbull?

Ok.. you still dey pray to encounter another one? Hm . You neva learn. Lol
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by Kingluqman(m): 6:53am On Sep 25, 2020
Dog never shakara this OP, I swear you go forget everything ooo grin
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by ignis: 7:03am On Sep 25, 2020
Please do not try this at home.
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2020
sinkhole:
Are you advicing us against "ekuke" local dogs? cheesy
The dog you put up there will not listen to any of the things you adviced o!
A local dog with rabies will change your life with just a bite
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by ReluctantAdult(m): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2020
dazzlingd:

Oshe dog kicker, u never jam better dog, it will turn ur leg to chewing stick grin
You never see my shoes sha cheesy Dog no reach abeg even if them be 5 cool
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by RosyIsBlessed: 8:01am On Sep 25, 2020
KvnqJothan:
The dog is a domesticated carnivore of the family Canidae. It is part of the wolf-like canids, and is the most widely abundant terrestrial carnivore. The dogs are well known as domestic animals or pets used at homes also for protection and are well known to bite if an unwanted stranger try coming into it habitation (Home).

But sometimes also dogs attack innocent people because that person is not familiar to them, so they think he or she comes to attack them or do things not needed, so in protection the dog first attacks to scare the person away.

So today's update I bring 5 steps to take or let's say 5 things to do once a dog attacks you in other to avoid you been bitten by the dog, checkout the things to do, Like and Share so it can go viral and please followup for more Updates.

STEP 1: DON'T MOVE:
Remain at the same spot you were before the attack, don't move so the dog won't come forward, remain at the same position.

STEP 2: CHANGE YOUR FACIAL EXPRESSION TO BEEN ANGRY AND BOLD:
Showing the dog you are not afraid is the next bold step to take. Once a dog sees no fear in your face, the dog itself becomes a little scared (for some dogs).

STEP 3: SCREAM BACK AT THE DOG:
Screaming back at the dog is the next important step, with these you have achieved in depositing 20% of fear in that dog, it will start drawing back a little and keep barking at you.

STEP 4: PICK UP A STICK AROUND YOU OR SAND:
Dogs are afraid of weapons, so seeing how bold you are, and then picking up weapons, then you have deposited 50% of fear in that dog.

STEP 5: MAKE YOU FIRST STEP OF ATTACK:
Be the First to make your move raising your weapon up, then with these the dog totally get frightened and ready to run, once it starts running then you pursue or go your way.

STEP 6: CALL FOR THE OWNER:
In calling for the owner should be in a situation where the dog refused to run and keeps barking at you, then you can scream for the owner for the final rescue because at that moment the dog won't come at you rather remain at it's position because you are with a weapon .
With these above steps you have escaped been bitten by a dog, make sure to try them as to save yourself. Thanks for your time and understanding, Like and Share to friends so it could go viral as well.

Never try number 3 with my dog, it will devour you.
Re: If A Dog Attacks You Don't Run, Do Any Of These 6 Things To Save Yourself by RosyIsBlessed: 8:07am On Sep 25, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:

What about for a mad dog? I mean the one infected with rabies?. Hardly would a dog attack u in public except for a mad dog, in fact, there is this theory, that a dog loses its strength when in public, a dog attacks most often when u enter its territory, that is its owner's house.

This is so not true. My dog jumped down from the van they were taking it to the vet and started chasing people on the road and bit someone before they could get it. They attack anywhere..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

500 Persons Benefit From National Igbo Students Union In Outreach Program / Does FUNAAB Accept Two Sittings Of O-level Results? / How To Apply For National Agip Oil Company Scholarship Scheme 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.