Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes (24026 Views)

Edouard Mendy Angry At Media For Using His Picture In Benjamin Mendy's Rape News / Edouard Mendy Welcomed Home By Fans In Senegal After Champions League Win(Photos / Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Ben Chilwell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by obembet(f): 10:34am On Sep 24, 2020
OFFICIAL: Chelsea complete the signing of Edouard Mendy from Rennes, with the goalkeeper joining on a five-year deal at a cost of £22 million ($29m).

The Senegalese international has penned a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge and will compete with Kepa Arrizabalaga and Willy Caballero for a starting spot between the posts in the season ahead.

After signing his long-term contract with the Blues, Mendy said: ‘I am so excited to be joining Chelsea. It’s a dream for me to be a part of this exciting squad and to work with Frank Lampard and all of his coaching staff. I look forward to meeting my team-mates and can’t wait to get started.’

On signing Mendy, Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘As soon as Petr Cech and our technical team identified Edouard as the most suitable goalkeeper to complement our existing group, there was only one player we wanted to bring in. Edouard arrives following a season of real success with Rennes, he is ambitious for more, and we welcome him to our club.’

Source: https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1309058995190104066?s=19

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by money121(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2020
Congrat

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by vanida6: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2020
Now its time for kepa to be bench

that guy flop is to much,,i bet if it was kepa in yesterday match does guys would have score 2goals tongue but dat bolded man save's den cheesy

wellcome edouard mendy

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by obembet(f): 10:43am On Sep 24, 2020
Kepa is going through a lot at this time. What he needs is for his club & manager to embrace him and give him some confidence, not another GK that will relegate him to the bench. They really want to break that guy. The most expensive GK in the world, he can't go bad overnight.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by theoneJabulani(m): 10:43am On Sep 24, 2020
obembet:
Kepa is going through a lot at this time. What he needs is for his club & manager to embrace him and give him some confidence, not another GK that will relegate him to the bench. They really want to break that guy. The most expensive GK in the world, he can't go bad overnight.

Lalasticlala
The GK position is not one that can be gambled with, Kepa has had two seasons under different managers, he has had time to adjust to the different pace of the EPL, Chelsea shouldn't have to continue suffering for his mistakes.

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in Lagos and payment on delivery available nationwide.

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by jamalnation(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2020
Las las na 5th dem go end

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by ojaysam25(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2020
Goodnews....kepa should be benched or sold,he is a liability to that Chelsea team

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Danwakae(m): 10:53am On Sep 24, 2020
Goodnews... But as an African player can he withstand the task ahead of him ?... Kepa is not an option , Caballero is better than the two

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Ever8090: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2020
As first or second choice?
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by id911(m): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2020
Welcome to Chelsea Mendy! I hope you have a successful career at Stamford Bridge. Please don't let Peter Cech, who recommended you down, because he left other goalkeepers and asked you be the only one they should sign. I guess the first African goalkeeper in a top team in England. Wish you the best

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by olorunyomi13773: 11:13am On Sep 24, 2020
As prior or the chosen?
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by youngberry001(m): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2020
jamalnation:
Las las na 5th dem go end
chelsea enemies spotted..

#military

10 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Liposure: 11:27am On Sep 24, 2020
Chelsea have signed another karius

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Great100000: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
Liposure:
Chelsea have signed another karius
Or another Oblak

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Great100000: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
obembet:

Lalasticlala
You got it, Kepa is going through alot at this time and according to former players and pundits they (Chelsea Players and Management) really need to stand by him now, i feel sorry for him and if you look at him now, he looks like someone who have lost his confidence and going through lots of things. All the best to him and all the best to Mendy also. Hala Chelsea.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Ifybwoy7: 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
Now we can win big. Up Chelsea
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Ifybwoy7: 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
obembet:

Lalasticlala
kepa will return strong that i know. he should just see Mendy as a competition in which he would get better nd not a threat.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Bobotic(m): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
Chelsea fans right now hanging hands, thinking that they will win World War grin grin grin grin
I Know Chelsea People Will Not Like This My Beautiful Logo shocked

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by famousroland(m): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
WELCOME TO DE BLUES FAMILY
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by tetula123(m): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kepa conceded 11 from 16 shots faced. Forget we know the defense is bad. But at least try.

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
Goodbye to Akperebalaga.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by manuel4real(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by WallStreetfx(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
Waste of money, money wey dem suppose dash charity. Las las na 5th position dem go still dey sebi na chelsea. See as d player be like kamaru wey dey sell groundnut for agegunle

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by thundafire: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
Another basket loading
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Eberex(m): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
Na 11 full squad players Chelsea wan buy this season?

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by HeadShot: 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
Blues... desperately need a goalie

I saw wonders in Arsenal second goal keeper Martinez... That guy is far better than Leno..

I sent word to Chelsea.. before Aston Villa took him.. on his debut he saved a penalty..
The guy's confidence no be here

Will this be a good signing for the blues
Only time will tell

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by thundafire: 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
vanida6:
Now its time for kepa to be bench

that guy flop is to much,,i bet if it was kepa in yesterday match does guys would have score 2goals tongue but dat bolded man save's den cheesy

so u think dis will be better,wen una be dey shout Kepa is the best now,una rush go carry another. I know b4 October una mouth go close

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Sirigu: 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
Great!

It's good to see a black goalkeeper move to a top club.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by tigoba: 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kepa is in trouble

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of Enyeama During Nigeria's Match / Marylove Edwards Emerges 3rd In Tennis Competition In Morocco / Germany Lose A World Cup Qualifying Match At Home For The First Time In 20yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.