Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,838 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes (24028 Views)

Edouard Mendy Angry At Media For Using His Picture In Benjamin Mendy's Rape News / Edouard Mendy Welcomed Home By Fans In Senegal After Champions League Win(Photos / Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Ben Chilwell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Decimus: 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
obembet:
Kepa is going through a lot at this time. What he needs is for his club & manager to embrace him and give him some confidence, not another GK that will relegate him to the bench. They really want to break that guy. The most expensive GK in the world, he can't go bad overnight.
For how long? So they should continue using him to the detriment of the team?
If Chelsea were to go by his overall performance last season, then a GK should have been the first signing, but no, they still stuck with him and used him in the first two matches, but what has he done? He picked up from where he left off last season.

9 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Realguyman1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
oloriLFC:
same thing I said on Facebook. The guy's confidence has gone down. He is still young, can be better. I pity him tho sad
Chelsea board have spent so much on this transfer market and will be expecting something in return this season. Leaving kepa on the goal post for this season will only jeopardize everything for them, so they have no choice than to look for another goal keeper, at least to avoid excuses from Lampard.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by ggood: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
oloriLFC:
same thing I said on Facebook. The guy's confidence has gone down. He is still young, can be better. I pity him tho sad
I pity him too , he need to be courageous

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by lymelyte(m): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
vanida6:
Now its time for kepa to be bench

that guy flop is to much,,i bet if it was kepa in yesterday match does guys would have score 2goals tongue but dat bolded man save's den cheesy

this one has not kept for one match, una don dey hype am. By the time he starts fumbling,u guys will push him away like you are currently doing kepa.
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Blackking98(m): 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
thundafire:
so u think dis will be better,wen una be dey shout Kepa is the best now,una rush go carry another. I know b4 October una mouth go close
You just feel saying nonesense.
When has Chelsea fans ever made good noise about kepa? Idiet
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by feedthenation(m): 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
wink2015:

FRANCE easily gives Citizenship to the natives of their former colony as in this case African colonies.

Edourd Mendes is originally form Senegal by birth but he is now a french citizen living in France and playing football to earn a living..

But this is not with the case of a Nigerian footballer that is based in Nigeria or happens to ferry or fly himself to the United Kingdom.

The British makes it difficult for Nigerians to get their citizenship.

France still sees its former colonies as part of France

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Merimental(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sirigu:
Great!
It's good to see a black goalkeeper move to a top club.
I was hoping to read somtin like dis 4rm everyoda person but dey disappointed.
it's rare to have a black keeper in a top 4 club in d epl.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Brianmet: 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
Do not let us down Mendy. Welcome to Stamford Bridge
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Merimental(m): 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
Israeljones:
The way chelsea are signing everyone ehnn!! I am even afraid of going outside cos they might sign me too

so Chelsea has now turned to sign wateva u see club ? grin
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by folarr(m): 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
What Chelsea are doing maybe good to their supporters, but what of all the players they are replacing? Getting told to make way for new players? Now Kepa is the next to suffer for a little dip in form? Like Man Utd, they should have brought in a young goalie that can challenge for the Number 1, but they've just bought someone they can throw into the starting 11 and immediately bench Kepa. Where's FFP now?
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by macjireh: 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
obembet:
Kepa is going through a lot at this time. What he needs is for his club & manager to embrace him and give him some confidence, not another GK that will relegate him to the bench. They really want to break that guy. The most expensive GK in the world, he can't go bad overnight.
u must be joking... kepa gave manyoo their 3rd position last season with his constant conceding of goals,, Chelsea was even lucky to be forth...abeg let dem gift kepa back to Bilbao,, no time

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Soulsymbol99: 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
The second keeper is nt bad oooo
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by MorataFC: 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2020
vanida6:

that guy flop is to much,,i bet if it was kepa in yesterday match does guys would have score 2goals tongue but dat bolded man save's den cheesy

what are you saying?
2 goals?
I trust my Kepa he will concede 4 out of those 6
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Jaqenhghar: 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2020
vanida6:

LMAO grin
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Finnestgreat: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
If dem like make dem buy casillas they will still loose dis season
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by enemyofprogress: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
Apere ajase

Dominique abeg come let’s stroke out jare
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Wons(m): 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
I remember the day he was asked to leave that FAcup match and he refused.

I feel Sarri laid a curse on him that day!!!

Sarri was pissed AF
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by enemyofprogress: 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
Merimental:

I was hoping to read somtin like dis 4rm everyoda person but dey disappointed.

it's rare to have a black keeper in a top 4 club in d epl.
is David De Gea not black?
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by mhktaryan: 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
obembet:
Actually, kepa should take it as a healthy competition.. they're pros nd 3 or more pple can fight 4 a spot at times so it is what it is
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by mdchikezie(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sirigu:
Great!

It's good to see a black goalkeeper move to a top club.

very true my dear
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Angelfrost(m): 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
theoneJabulani:
The GK position is not one that can be gambled with, Kepa has had two seasons under different managers, he has had time to adjust to the different pace of the EPL, Chelsea shouldn't have to continue suffering for his mistakes.

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in Lagos and payment on delivery available nationwide.

You Chelsea fans are not being honest with yourselves... Same with United!!!

I have asked this question over and over again... Will Kepa or De Gea be as shambolic if standing behind the defensive set up of Liverpool, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, and Leipzig??!

People who don't know football will come and tell me that Alison is far better than De Gea, or Kepa, without first actually placing both behind the very same set of defenders.

Well, let's see who becomes number one between Mendy and Kepa, and how far or well he performs behind the "new" defense of Chelsea!!!
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Finnestgreat: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
enemyofprogress:
is David De Gea not black?
NO
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by ogaofficer(m): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
vanida6:

You are right ma'am. Caballero saved some goals y'day, if it were to be kepa we might end up playing draw with those guys.
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Angelfrost(m): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
ojaysam25:
Goodnews....kepa should be benched or sold,he is a liability to that Chelsea team

Nope... Your liability is that defensive system!!!.... Before you condemn a goal keeper, put him to work in the midst of a great defense.
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by theoneJabulani(m): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Angelfrost:

You Chelsea fans are not being honest with yourselves... Same with United!!!

I have asked this question over and over again... Will Kepa or De Gea be as shambolic if standing behind the defensive set up of Liverpool, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, and Leipzig??!

People who don't know football will come and tell me that Alison is far better than De Gea, or Kepa, without first actually placing both behind the very same set of defenders.

Well, let's see who becomes number one between Mendy and Kepa, and how far or well he performs behind the "new" defense of Chelsea!!!
I am not a Chelsea fan but hope you do realise that Kepa has conceded the most goals from outside the box and from set pieces since joining Chelsea?
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Earnonline2: 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
Really
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by EbukaHades10(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
id911:
I guess the first African goalkeeper in a top team in England. Wish you the best
Bcus Bruce Grobbelaar is from Denmark na

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Angelfrost(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
theoneJabulani:
I am not a Chelsea fan but hope you do realise that Kepa has conceded the most goals from outside the box and from set pieces since joining Chelsea?

Yes... The question is why??!...

De Gea, Pickford, Henderson, etc, would look quite bad behind a defensive set up of Zouma, Rudiger, Christensen, etc...

Just imagine how many goals Ederson and Alison would concede for City and Liverpool respectively, without human fortresses like Van Dijk, Fabinho, Laporte, and Walker... Think about it!!!

People give Oblak so much credit, without considering the defensive set up of Atl. Madrid, from the midfield to the almost impregnable back line!!!

You think Courtois is far better than Kepa and De Gea??! Lol... You guys don't understand.
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by JastSiryin(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
obembet:
I'm not a Chelsea fan but dude is a cunt. I still remember how he refused to be substituted when Sarri was still at helm. Dude is bang average, might even be worse. Y'all should cut your losses before he makes your club a laughing stock. Nah, on further thought, y'all can keep him grin
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by Angelfrost(m): 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Bcus Bruce Grobbelaar is from Denmark na

Well, in fairness to him, he did say "I guess"!... tongue
Re: Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes by EbukaHades10(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2020
Angelfrost:

Well, in fairness to him, he did say "I guess"!... tongue
I just won clear am make he no go dey "guess" anyhow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of Enyeama During Nigeria's Match / Marylove Edwards Emerges 3rd In Tennis Competition In Morocco / Germany Lose A World Cup Qualifying Match At Home For The First Time In 20yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.