Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor (25166 Views)

Birmingham City University Appoints David Mba As Vice-chancellor / Professor Mojeed Liasu Appointed Acting Vice-Chancellor Of LAUTECH / Professor Oyedamola Oke Resumes As LASU Acting Vice-Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2020
victorDanladi:

are you alive sha

The premier university of Ibadan is currently the best in West Africa and 7th best in Africa

Are you using the webometrics sir?

Ibadan is good but you cannot compare Ibadan to Covenant sir/ma

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by fergie001: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
Blackking98:

E talk say na we start am first so eim no go gree cheesy
He should calm down.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Blackking98(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:

He should calm down.
Help me beg am cheesy
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by fergie001: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
Blackking98:

Help me beg am cheesy
I will talk to him...
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Blackking98(m): 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
grin
fergie001:

I will talk to him...
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by CodeTemplar: 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2020
HigherEd:

Lol I guess a serious professor would be working in Lautech then.
I wonder why same profs who mismanage public funds in federal schools shouldn't go near a private schools that offers them the same money legitimately. The blind hatred for anything that doesn't reek of the influence of dark forces in Nigeria is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by uvie66: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Meritocracy prevailing...if this was a state or Federal uni it will have being Yoruba Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by uvie66: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
LikeAking:
No serious minded profesor will work in a private uni.

Where the levels na?.

smmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
and a serious minded prof will be restricted in attaining his or her full potentials due to nepotism.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by seanwilliam(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
Macphenson:

You people should stop this nonsense. Come to Niger Delta and see Yoruba people heading key positions, and running businesses there in the oil and gas industry.

When I did my IT in consolidated breweries Awo-omamma, a greater percentage of the managerial team then are from South West.

I guess Folarunsho Alakija is a direct testimony of enjoying the benovelance of another zone.

I wonder if Niger Delta oil is concentrated only in South West, una no go let us hear word.

Abeg swarve jooor.
u just dey fight wetin no be your own.. the person u quoted was not talking about your region..
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Gracchus: 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
Franklinn1:
shut up dirty afonja
If e dey pain you, go and appoint your of vc for the glorified secondary schools called universities in your red mud land.
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Gracchus: 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
uvie66:
Meritocracy prevailing...if this was a state or Federal uni it will have being Yoruba Yoruba.
It's only good when Yorubas do it, but y'll get to appoint positions in your regions, how many non indigines do y'll appoint?? And how many times have Yorubas ever complained? Fuccking greedy idiots, always interested in the affairs of others, go and fuccking face your red mud region with its shit hole Madonna glorified secondary school, sorry, University. Covenant is a fuccking YORUBA UNIVERSITY!!!!
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Bofoy4(m): 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
AKWA IBOM AMAKA

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by mattmogan88: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Niceman4u(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
Macphenson:

You people should stop this nonsense. Come to Niger Delta and see Yoruba people heading key positions, and running businesses there in the oil and gas industry.

When I did my IT in consolidated breweries Awo-omamma, a greater percentage of the managerial team then are from South West.

I guess Folarunsho Alakija is a direct testimony of enjoying the benovelance of another zone.

I wonder if Niger Delta oil is concentrated only in South West, una no go let us hear word.

Abeg swarve jooor.

U de mind them?
They are always quick to paint tribal colour to everything as if other their ppl r not absorbed in other regions.
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by real777(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2020
Lol this is common occurrence in Benin City both private and public sector of the state. Check Igbinadion University Okada for example. Benin City remains the most detribilized city in Nigeria but tribal miscreants recently sees it as weakness and foolishness of the Benins. Na wa o
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by prophetfire: 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
flington4550:

What A Shallow Brain You've Got Dude
. While you are brainless.
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by prophetfire: 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
Timekeeper:

Rant of a pained nigga grin grin
. Putting you Right actually.
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by youngus: 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2020
wow.....behold my senior prefect that year@LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL,OBOT IDIM IBESIKPO.AKWA IBOM STATE.
congratulation sir.....

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Timekeeper: 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
prophetfire:
. Putting you Right actually.

I see pains all round
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by klas(m): 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
HigherEd:
Hmm Covenant is not really the school to appoint an acting management official unless something unsatisfactory happened. In this case I am sure the University slip from number 1 in Nigeria and west Africa to number 4 in Nigeria on the new times higher education ranking must have been the reason.

Usually they would have selected a new VC by conducting the selection process months ago or allowed the past VC to run a second term. Choosing an acting VC shows that replacing the VC in view of the expiration of his term was not prepared for.

His first term of 4 years ended in July 2020.

By virtue of Statute 6(2) of the Covenant University Law (repeal and re-enactment 2019), he should be in his 2nd term now.
I think he was removed by the Chancellor exercising his powers under Statute 24(2).

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Timekeeper: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
Thanks for at least that some knowledge didn't elude you

Rant but don't kill ursef ook
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by victorDanladi: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
Weselion:

Are you using the webometrics sir?

Ibadan is good but you cannot compare Ibadan to Covenant sir/ma
Its not webometric ma/sir

https://thebossnewspapers.com/2020/09/02/university-of-ibadan-emerges-best-in-w-africa-among-top-500-in-the-world/

Kindly update your knowledge
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by Decallionaire: 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2020
mofayode:
1970! Limit breaker

Oga 1970 is 50years. So where the breaking Limit for there?
There are others who became Professors at a much younger age. So? The position of Vice Chancellor is more of a "political" appointment.
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by sumofus(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
Google the first vice chancellor of University of Uyo, after that say only what you know
Timekeeper:
See love. Competency rather than tribal affiliation

All we need is love in this country... SW has been the only one demonstrating equality and fairness to everyone....

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by slivertongue: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
grass to grace
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by mannyiyke: 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
Timekeeper:
See love. Competency rather than tribal affiliation

All we need is love in this country... SW has been the only one demonstrating equality and fairness to everyone....

I disagree with you. Other regions show love too. Besides, academic appointments in private universities have nothing to do with tribalism. That this man was appointed as the acting VC of Covenant University doesn't mean a demonstration of equality and fairness by the SW.

Apart from Lagos State which is heavily populated by Nigerians of other tribes and being a former capital of Nigeria, show me the evidence of demonstration of equality and fairness by other Yoruba states to non-Yorubas.

Bear in mind that Oyedepo hails from the North Central. So, he's not from the SW even though he's Yoruba.

You people should stop bringing unreasonable sentiments into the affairs of private universities. This appointment doesn't depict a demonstration of equality and fairness by the SW.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by mannyiyke: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
grandiose4ever:

That is why the private sector would always be better. Kudos to South west for leading the way in inclusiveness also. It is clearly the most progressive region in this country.
Where's your evidence that the SW is the most progressive region in this country?

Besides, the SW has no hand in this appointment. Oyedepo isn't from the SW too. This is purely a private university appointment which can go to any qualified person, no matter where the university is situated.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by prophetfire: 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
Timekeeper:

I see pains all round
. I see mumu replying.
Re: Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor by NightFood: 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
Congratulations to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management / Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN / Tattoo Expert Bizzyaski Writes Open Letter To AKSU VC Over His Tattoo Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.