Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. (2488 Views)

2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo / Only Those Who Love Hunger, Poverty Will Vote Jonathan In 2015 – Osinbajo / Africa Will Never Be One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. by pleep(m): 4:23am On Mar 01, 2011
This documentary is quite long. but it is a MUST SEE. it will open your eyes about state of our world

.http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/end-of-poverty/#

If you take the time to watch it, please leave comments. this is a very important issue.

Description
Global poverty did not just happen. It began with military conquest, slavery and colonization that resulted in the seizure of land, minerals and forced labor.

Today, the problem persists because of unfair debt, trade and tax policies – in other words, wealthy countries taking advantage of poor, developing countries.

Renowned actor and activist, Martin Sheen, narrates The End of Poverty, a feature-length documentary directed by award-winning director, Philippe Diaz, which explains how today’s financial crisis is a direct consequence of these unchallenged policies that have lasted centuries.

Consider that 20% of the planet’s population uses 80% of its resources and consumes 30% more than the planet can regenerate.

At this rate, to maintain our lifestyle means more and more people will sink below the poverty line. Filmed in the slums of Africa and the barrios of Latin America, The End of Poverty features expert insights from: Nobel prize winners in Economics, Amartya Sen and Joseph Stiglitz; acclaimed authors Susan George, Eric Toussaint, John Perkins, Chalmers Johnson; university professors William Easterly and Michael Watts; government ministers such as Bolivia’s Vice President Alvaro Garcia Linera and the leaders of social movements in Brazil, Venezuela, Kenya and Tanzania.

It is produced by Cinema Libre Studio in collaboration with the Robert Schalkenbach Foundation. Can we really end poverty within our current economic system? Think again.
Re: A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. by damas11111(m): 7:24am On Mar 01, 2011
Wow! Very touching and fascinating at the same time. When will injustice of man to fellow man stop? Thanks for the video anyway.
Re: A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. by DeeJay20: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2011
pleep:

This documentary is quite long. but it is a MUST SEE. it will open your eyes about state of our world

.http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/end-of-poverty/#

If you take the time to watch it, please leave comments. this is a very important issue.

Description
Global poverty did not just happen. It began with military conquest, slavery and colonization that resulted in the seizure of land, minerals and forced labor.

Today, the problem persists because of unfair debt, trade and tax policies – in other words, wealthy countries taking advantage of poor, developing countries.

Renowned actor and activist, Martin Sheen, narrates The End of Poverty, a feature-length documentary directed by award-winning director, Philippe Diaz, which explains how today’s financial crisis is a direct consequence of these unchallenged policies that have lasted centuries.

Consider that 20% of the planet’s population uses 80% of its resources and consumes 30% more than the planet can regenerate.

At this rate, to maintain our lifestyle means more and more people will sink below the poverty line. Filmed in the slums of Africa and the barrios of Latin America, The End of Poverty features expert insights from: Nobel prize winners in Economics, Amartya Sen and Joseph Stiglitz; acclaimed authors Susan George, Eric Toussaint, John Perkins, Chalmers Johnson; university professors William Easterly and Michael Watts; government ministers such as Bolivia’s Vice President Alvaro Garcia Linera and the leaders of social movements in Brazil, Venezuela, Kenya and Tanzania.

It is produced by Cinema Libre Studio in collaboration with the Robert Schalkenbach Foundation. Can we really end poverty within our current economic system? Think again.

Thanks Pleep i shall check this out later,
Re: A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. by cap28: 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2011
very interesting and insightful.

I have had a lot of debates with NLs on here in which ive raised many of the issues highlighted in this documentary to which the common refrain has been "why are you always blaming the white man for our problems" well, perhaps after watching this documentary they will understand why.

I am glad that the white man himself actually owns up to the fact that europeans systematically destroyed and continue to destroy any hopes that africa may have to try and lift itself out of poverty.

I would advise NLs to watch this documentary as many of them do not understand the reasons why africa is in such a deplorable state.

I am optimistic that things can change for the better after all the Bolivians were able to expel american multinational bechtel from their country, but this will not be possible unless we have the right kind of leadership in office, unfortunately the current leaders we have are collaborators and therefore positive change may not be somethign that might happen in nigeria any time soon.
Re: A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. by pleep(m): 1:19am On Mar 10, 2011
cap28:

very interesting and insightful.

I have had a lot of debates with NLs on here in which ive raised many of the issues highlighted in this documentary to which the common refrain has been "why are you always blaming the white man for our problems" well, perhaps after watching this documentary they will understand why.

I am glad that the white man himself actually owns up to the fact that europeans systematically destroyed and continue to destroy any hopes that africa may have to try and lift itself out of poverty.

I would advise NLs to watch this documentary as many of them do not understand the reasons why africa is in such a deplorable state.

I am optimistic that things can change for the better after all the Bolivians were able to expel american multinational bechtel from their country, but this will not be possible unless we have the right kind of leadership in office, unfortunately the current leaders we have are collaborators and therefore positive change may not be somethign that might happen in nigeria any time soon.

yes, i have read several of your posts an i am glad to see that i am not alone in my quest to educate people about the real causes of poverty and the wests real agenda. however, i cant share your optimism because it seems like people just dont want to hear or belive that the west's true agenda is not neccariliy good for the majority of the world especially africa.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Can Someone Explain Dis Pics I Saw / Nigeria Merchant Navy Now In Partnership With Lagos State Emergency Agency / How Demons Stop Our Prayers From Answering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.