Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Lose Weight And Be Fit With Healthy Yanga - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lose Weight And Be Fit With Healthy Yanga (264 Views)

CRMOH In Collaboration With Healthy Billionaires Stage 12km Walk In Cal / How To Gain Weight And How To Get Big In The Gym / Stay Heavy But Fit With These 3 Steps -cute Curvaceous Lady! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lose Weight And Be Fit With Healthy Yanga by HealthyYanga: 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hello everyone, my name is Nkem.
I am a certified health and wellness coach, and I am the founder of Healthy Yanga.

Healthy Yanga is a brand that was born after I had my second baby. I gained so much weight during and after the pregnancy, that it began to affect my everyday life. I also suffered from gestational diabetes when I was pregnant and postpartum preeclampsia; and the major solution for me to be healthy was for me to lose weight.

I could not afford the services of an expensive weight loss coach, so I decided to research how to lose weight on my own. I started to apply stuff I had learned and I lost quite a lot of weight. This included eating healthy, and working out.
My diet consists of foods that are affordable and easily accessible, including carbs and Nigerian food, as I am not an advocate of eating only grass, air and water cheesy , and I was still able to lose a lot of weight.

I had a lot of women in my circle who were going through the same problem of not being able to lose weight and sustain it effectively, so I decided to take up certification courses (to ensure that I was doing things the right way) and help them achieve their fitness goals; and the results so far have been mind blowing. This is how Healthy Yanga was born.

I still want to help so many women out there achieve their fitness/weight loss goals, so from time to time on this thread, I'll be posting tips and tricks that helped me lose weight and keep it off.

So stay tuned to this thread. It's going to be fun.
Live healthy and slay

1 Like

Re: Lose Weight And Be Fit With Healthy Yanga by Flourishing19(f): 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
Seriously expecting the tips and tricks for weight loss, O P.

1 Like

Re: Lose Weight And Be Fit With Healthy Yanga by HealthyYanga: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Flourishing19:
Seriously expecting the tips and tricks for weight loss, O P.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I'll be posting them as often as I can.
Please stay tuned kiss

1 Like

Re: Lose Weight And Be Fit With Healthy Yanga by HealthyYanga: 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
Michelle is trying to lose weight, so she signs up for a weight loss program and is given a meal plan.
One Monday, apart from her regular meals, she's asked to snack on groundnuts (roasted), a specific amount actually - 28g (about a handful). But she says no. What is this coach talking about nau? Is groundnut not healthy? Why will I eat only 28g? This small thing! She no even know anything. Me that I eat groundnut for a living. Who goes there? I am groundnut, groundnut is me, yen, yen,yen." undecided
_
So she carries her bottle of groundnut, balances on her couch, starts to watch Ozo and Nengi drama in BBN house and just munches her snack with reckless abandon. In fact, she begins doing this almost everyday. Then on weigh-in day, she climbs her scale and what she sees makes her think that the scale iznor working well. "ahnahn now, but I'm supposed to be losing weight, why am I not losing weight?" �
Ha! Egungun av cross express.
_
Here are a few things Aunty Michelle did wrong:
1. She did not stick to her portion sizes
2. She did not practice mindful eating. Not concentrating on what you're eating can make you overeat (we'll talk about this another day).
3. She failed to realise that the fact that a food is healthy doesn't mean it won't make you gain weight.
_
Groundnut is calorie dense. 28g of roasted groundnut contains about 166 calories. You want to know what 166 cal is like? Imagine a medium sized banana. One of it contains about 105 cal, so 1½ of it would contain about 157.5 cal, just 9 cal shy of a handful of groundnuts. See the difference?
_
Ok. Moving on... 1 cup of roasted groundnuts is about 857 cal (and because of her not being mindful, she could have easily eaten up to 1 cup without knowing), which is more than a particular meal (if she's on a 1500 cal diet per day). So, in a particular meal, she probably shouldn't have more than 500-600cal, but in addition to her daily caloric needs, Michelle has added an extra whooping 800+ calories. And she does this almost everyday. Please tell me how she's going to lose weight. Just tell me!

Please, please, please, if you plan to lose weight and keep it off, stick to your portion sizes and always measure/weigh your food, don't eye ball it. Is your eye a scale? Is your eye a measuring cup/spoon? O wrong nau. Stop eet. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I come in peace today oh. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer. / Diabetes The Gateway To Diseases... / Online Pharmacy In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.