Stats: 3,194,972 members, 7,956,636 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir (781 Views)

COVID-19: Akin Alabi Continues Palliative Handout With Cash Giveaway On Facebook / Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship / "Nasir El-Rufai Is My Brother" - Kadaria Ahmed Says In An Old Tweet (2) (3) (4)

New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir by okrote4real: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
KADUNA UPDATE: While awaiting the recommendations of the Zazzau Emirate kingmakers, I am re-reading Prof M G Smith’s authoritative epic on the selection of Zazzau Emirs from 1800 to 1950 to guide me in taking a decision. “Government in Zazzau” was published in 1960.

The kingmakers recommend but ultimate responsibility to choose rests on my humble self. I must be as knowledgeable about the process as the aspirants and kingmakers. - @elrufai

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10164196379250128&id=393816480127

Re: New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir by EDSG2028: 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
Just nominate the dethroned emir of Kano. He’s sure a good replacement.

Re: New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir by Arrewa: 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
Re: New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir by myBraine: 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
Wow!

He loves books. Something an average Nigeria youth hates with passion.

Read with close mindedness and make selection with your intuition. A book written in 1960 should never dictate for you. That was the year Nigeria got her independence. Yet, the country is not working. Anything done in that year has a faulty blueprint.
Re: New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hmmm Oyinbo man writing an authoritative epic African story. Let me keep quite before beautiful Oyin correct me it is quiet again.

Back to the above I had always used quite instead of quiet not deliberately but I assume my keyboard approximation of words was always correct.When I was corrected I was almost tempted to say "English was not my mother tongue" rather than admit my errors but then I rationalize she is my trusted confidant and was doing what others won't do which is to correct me so I said "Thank you". I just hope after reading the book the Governor can take the right decision if he is truly convinced.

Re: New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir by majole: 1:12am On Sep 25, 2020
Need a copy of that book
Re: New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir by orisa37: 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
To Zazzau Emirate kingmakers,

Zazzau Emir must be instructive, directional and discerning. He must be rich, powerful, honourable and majestic.

It's your Traditional Responsibility really to recommend your choice of EMIR for the Emirate to the Governor of KADUNA STATE

It's the CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY of the GOVERNOR OF KADUNA STATE TO GRANT STAFF OF OFFICE TO YOUR CHOICE.

MAY ALLAH GRANT THE KINGMAKERS WISDOM TO MAKE YOUR CHOICE AND ALSO GRANT ELRUFAI THE DISCERNING SPIRIT TO GOVERN KADUNA STATE BY HIS WILL.
Re: New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir by SmartProf(m): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
Trust me that book will not influence who he will choose. He is only reading it to enhance his knowledge. The person he will choose has already began sewing his royal costumes.
Re: New Emir Of Zazzau: El-rufai Is Reading A 355-page Handout To Choose New Emir by greatdreamer(m): 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
Pick one herdsmen from Niger and made him an emir jare

Why Do Northern Muslims Like Bearing Mohammed As Names? / VP Osinbajo Receives Gov. Obaseki, Shaibu At The State / Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now