Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,259 members, 7,826,013 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) (6380 Views)

OceanGate Announces ₦103Million Trip To Titanic 12,500ft Below Atlantic Ocean / Meet Jasmine Harrison, The Youngest Female To Row Solo Across Atlantic Ocean / This Is Flooded Nkpolu Rumuigbo In Port Harcourt Not Atlantic Ocean. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by b3llo(m): 10:09am On Sep 25, 2020
Cancer brings out the best in people because they know their time is short.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by youngking22(m): 10:45am On Sep 25, 2020
Eife:

I'm in
I also wish to skydive, climb the highest mountain, go sea diving hopefully see the deepest part of the ocean.
I love adventure in general

skydiving,rockclimbing and parachuting is one adventure I must have

2 Likes

Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Nmezor(f): 11:28am On Sep 25, 2020
Whites n risk taking undecided
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Explorers(m): 11:30am On Sep 25, 2020
Nmezor:
Whites n risk taking undecided

Their hobby.

1 Like

Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2020
shocked

Mine is to go fishing someday but definitely not in the body of water. I'll just perch by the bridge and let out my fishing line.grin. I don't like going near large water bodies like this. I'm not the adventurous type.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by enomakos(m): 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2020
osamz007:
Who go follow me I wan sail across river Niger and BENUE
Go with AK-47 and plenty bullet
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by armadeo(m): 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
Eife:

I'm in
I also wish to skydive, climb the highest mountain, go sea diving hopefully see the deepest part of the ocean.

I won't mountain climb. Unless there are steps and no possibility of an avalanche occurring.

My need for fishing/ any thing concerning a body of water is limited to the surface of the ocean and land must be in view at all times.

Cc brachaa. I feel you

3 Likes

Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by fati2001(m): 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2020
wonderful.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by kenny714433(m): 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2020
Eife:

I'm in

Lol. See my fellow adventure lovers. We can pull this through if we decide to.

dingbang:
Bravo, I love such adventures

In this world, try to fulfil your bucket list before you die.

I am planning on going on a hot air balloon ride, who's in with me?

I'm in. It would be such a crazy adventure if we could pull it through.

What if we go on a lesser dangerous adventure? Akwa Ibom state has fascinating islands. In the dry season, we can just recreate life of the 50s in such island, camping for 3 days. We would have camp fires, treasure hunt, exploring the islands, living like Adam grin

We could come out with mind boggling activities during our stay in the island. Security is guaranteed in Aks.

1 Like

Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by dingbang(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2020
kenny714433:

ok So first things , do we even have hot air balloon services in Nigeria?
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by kenny714433(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
dingbang:
ok So first things , do we even have hot air balloon services in Nigeria?

We could place an order for one. Jesus! I just confirmed the price and it's $22,000 to get a smaller one that could take 2 people. I haven't seen result for such services in Nigeria.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by dingbang(m): 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
kenny714433:

We could place an order for one. Jesus! I just confirmed the price and it's $22,000 to get a smaller one that could take 2 people. I haven't seen result for such services in Nigeria.

lmao..thats over 8-10million naira.. Mehn, we still have a long way to go
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by dingbang(m): 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
kenny714433:

Lol. See my fellow adventure lovers. We can pull this through if we decide to.

What if we go on a lesser dangerous adventure? Akwa Ibom state has fascinating islands. In the dry season, we can just recreate life of the 50s in such island, camping for 3 days. We would have camp fires, treasure hunt, exploring the islands, living like Adam grin

We could come out with mind boggling activities during our stay in the island. Security is guaranteed in Aks.
lmao..living like Adam. I hope there are no wild snakes there
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Auladimeji(m): 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
Flexherbal:
These ones do not have any problem.
Their government has taken care of most of their basic needs.
Shut up... No be by force to type
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Something must kill a man.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by geesilver(m): 11:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
It takes extra ordinary courage to achieve such a feat and this is done just to fulfill their own father's dream.

going on adventure is always something interesting and, educating, but sometimes it's either expensive, time consuming and tough to deal with....... just that the memories last forever and sometimes can't be fully explained without an indept coverage of some events that unfold during the course.......

imaging survivng typhoon, storm, even animals like whales and shark that are hungry for food at the dead of the ocean after loosing communication with the world. the only thought on their mind might be just to say the last prayer.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by MJluv(f): 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

My people say, nah only who get change dey buy püssycat.

[img]https://media1./images/0cbbd5ea6dabd10582b1b6cf53982044/tenor.gif[/img]

Lalasticlala, ngwa ooo food don land.

Honestly eh, this your adage make me laugh seriously. I had a good laugh for over ten minutes.

Thank you.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Ebenezer2021(m): 1:10am On Sep 26, 2020
Explorers:
On May 4th, 1999, the young men sailed away from the Canary islands to reach the other side of the Atlantic ocean.

They used a wrecked Volkswagen Passat and a Ford Taunus filled with buoyant polyurethane to complete the trip.

“The driver and passenger compartment was arranged as a shelter. On top of the car, we had a rubber boat with a hole in the middle that allowed us to climb in and out of the car”, Marco told the National American Journal Enquirer.

However, Marco’s two brothers couldn’t complete the trip and had to go home due to severe seasickness.

But this didn’t discourage the two friends who remained sure they would be able to sail across the ocean.
no be shark I dey see so shocked
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Busba1122: 5:28am On Sep 26, 2020
The more you read, the more worth the wait. I want you to slotxo continuously update the news. For more fun News on this page I read and really like it.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 26, 2020
b3llo:
Cancer brings out the best in people because they know their time is short.
Are you craving for one...?
Because I can tell you many inventors who never had cancer nor died of cancer. grin grin grin
BETTER Pray never to experience such.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Thazard(m): 9:06am On Sep 26, 2020
Some risk ehn.
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Aaronsrod: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
armadeo:

I won't mountain climb. Unless there are steps and no possibility of an avalanche occurring.

My need for fishing/ any thing concerning a body of water is limited to the surface of the ocean and land must be in view at all times.

Cc brachaa. I feel you

Embarrassing babyishness.

We are the most terrified and inhibited race of MEN. Really, what business do we have in this world? Really... sad embarassed embarassed undecided undecided
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by armadeo(m): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
Aaronsrod:

Embarrassing babyishness.

We are the most terrified and inhibited race of MEN. Really, what business do we have in this world? Really... sad embarassed embarassed undecided undecided

My choice.

If you decide to climb a mountain or go deep sea diving I'll cheer you all the way.

Your choice too
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by Fash20: 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
CosmicPhoenix:
the only thing i want to know is who's the person taking the photos?

They are two cars nigga
Re: In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) by chiefbuchiV12(m): 7:46am On Oct 03, 2020
dingbang:
Bravo, I love such adventures
In this world, try to fulfil your bucket list before you die.
I am planning on going on a hot air balloon ride, who's in with me?
Your village people o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? / Applying For Nigerian Passport SW GLOBAL LLC!! / Aviation Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Flight Disruptions Loom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.