Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' (71953 Views)

Weird MC: I Want To Have 2 Children - Rapper Says At 47 / Bolanle Ninalowo And Wife Are Separated, Have 2 Children, A Boy & A Girl (Photos / Actress Genevieve Nnaji Pictured With Onyeka Owenu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by gasparpisciotta: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
Lovelyn451:
is he Yoruba? yes, is he a Muslim? Yes, so what's wrong with the definition? I just don't get

What if the title reads thus: I was married to a Muslim, and we have two children, Onyeka Onwenu.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by ransomed: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
Stand4YorubaIgbo:
Just say yoruba which one is yoruba Muslim again Op takp

e ur time

It is you that needs to take your time and distinguish between Yoruba people and MURIC, Boko Haram compliant southwesterns.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by supereagle(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
epicmadam:
Don't forget that i have magic organic seeds (Akpi and Fenugreek) for ladies that have deficiency in their butts, hips and breasts. Chat me up before considering artificial implanting or surgery which at times ends in disaster. I'm just a click away...
Good to know this.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by goldmatrix(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
Now you can hear well.. .yoruba muslim. Which simply means unfortunate muslims.

Whether you like it or not there is NO muslims in the yoruba nation. Even Akintola of the so called Muric is wasting his time. The northern states look at them as infidel..

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Gracchus: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
confydoedowaye:
The love between Yorubans and and Igbos is so deep, thats why they express it through hate speech. FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA
Keep dreaming, Yorubas and Igbos can never work together. We are basically different, and in the interest of both, we should do things separately
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by selemempe: 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
NoIgboSoundTueh:

Ipob are the scum and dreg of this country.
I will vote buhari a million times and over So ipob can go to hell
nobody has asked you to not vote buhari ogbeni. Yoro Móslems are Nigeria's major problem

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by cocolacec(m): 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
wink2015:

THE WORD YORUBA MUSLIMS became prominent because of their influencial role in the federal government of Nigeria both positively and negatively.

From the governmental perspectives, Yoruba muslims ( quite a sizeable number of them ) have been subjugating SOUTHERN UNITY and solidarity in favour of their friends in the core north with whom they share religious connection and that has been setting Nigeria "s drive towards a restructured state quite very frustrating.

BECAUSE OF RELIGION, yoruba muslims are betraying their fellow southerner to the northerners.

The northerners have rewarded these group of yoruba muslims with positions in the federal government, federal parastatals, the security agencies etc.

INFACT, NO GOVERNMENT COMES INTO PLAY IN NIGERIA WITHOUT A SIGNIFICANT YORUBA MUSLIMS INSIDE THE GOVERNMENT.

IT CAN BE REASON THAT ONE OF THE CRITERIA FOR GETTING A HIGH LEVEL POLITICAL POSITIONS OR NON POLITICAL POSITIONS FROM A NORTHERNER IS THAT YOU MUST BE A YORUBA MUSLIMS.

Even federal government contracts that is managed by a northern political leaders also silently put that clause as one the major criteria for giving jobs to a contractor.

In conclusion, yoruba muslims particularly from the SOUTH WEST have not yet shaken off their SLAVERY MENTALITY towards the core north.

WHEN THE SOUTH WANT TO SPEAK WITH ONE VOICE, the yoruba muslims comes in with their factor to water down the whole process.

It is also on record that it was the Yoruba muslims of the South West that connived with the core north to bring down the government of President Jonathan.

Was Azikwe a yoruba muslim when he made alliance with the North in the first and 2nd republic?
Yorubaland for the Yorubas we dont care about Southern unity .We are westerners.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by kambili999(f): 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by tamdun: 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
swtdrms:

For your quacked reasoning, I'm a muslim and I'm Yoruba as well. But kindly do me a favour, don't add me up to that list of Yorubas who are tools in hands of anti Islamic tendencies. They know next to nothing about the pristine Islam and they're always claiming to be Muslims.

So I'm neither Ibo nor wish to be one. Thanks!
Apologies, but why did you call them yoruba muslim? Why not hausa Muslim or Fulani Muslim
Wetin b the meaning of Yoruba Muslim?
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Christistruth00: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by nedekid: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
Skynet45:
grin we are the most accommodating ethnic group in Nigeria, but the flat head and ndi developers are spoiling our land

They is nothing like Yoruba Muslims we are all Yoruba first . Flat heads created Yoruba Muslims nickname to divide us but it won't work.
Eyaa, and you gave the indi developers your land for "free" , and they are now spoiling it embarassed

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
Obodogri:

But don't you think what Muric oga is doing will polarise the Yoruba nation the more?

Because he's not fighting for Yoruba rights but Yoruba Muslims right in particular and Nigerian Muslims in general.

What do you think?
I don't think it affects us anyways. Nobody regards muric as serious and their followers are little
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Anaerobi(m): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
Yoruba Muslim... if it's a northern Muslim, she for done turn Muslim now. u for d answer Amina or salamatu.
Facts: Thank God for your life. those northern Muslim like marrying igbo women, but them the carry religion for head.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Lovelyn451(f): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
gasparpisciotta:

What if the title reads thus: I was married to a Muslim, and we have two children, Onyeka Onwenu.

she's of a different tribe and religion so the title Yoruba Muslim will attract more readers to her story
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Handy007: 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
Kriss216:

Yoruba Muslim means Afon.ja Muslim na.
I swear you be werey
Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by confydoedowaye(m): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
Gracchus:
Keep dreaming, Yorubas and Igbos can never work together. We are basically different, and in the interest of both, we should do things separately
JesusCHRIST, some people bore this hatred from their stomach! in 1914, Lord Lugard Yusuf Obinna joined north and south Nigeria forcefully together, I think we should follow that pattern to seperate, if not, it will be hard to seperate (Biafra from Nigeria).
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Agugbadin: 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
tigoba:
cryAnyone that has a negative opinion about this can just go and hang him/herself.

Onyeka is a highly respected Nigerian icon.
She deserves so much respect.
I admire your courage ma

I agree with you absolutely, she is brilliant and very talented.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Praktikals(m): 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
highdon:
Is a Yoruba Muslim different from a Muslim? No ill feelings here.
Dont mind the mumus. They want to use it to cause division among the yorubas

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Omoslim26: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2020
Wat in God's name is Yoruba muslim dats an inappropriate description of personality

And just see how useless lazy good for nothing morons have turned dis innocent thread into a childish tribal argument

Shameless bunch of scallywags

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by tigoba: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2020
Agugbadin:

I agree with you absolutely, she is brilliant and very talented.
God bless you sir

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by LZAA: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
I really don’t understand op’s intention by the ‘Yoruba Muslim’ definition of a Nigerian.

Onyeka Onwenu could as well have married an Hausa or Ibo man.

After all Ned Nwoko is not defined/described by his religion.
That definition is very important o
See outside hausa fulani the other moslems u see are yoruba moslems
Even the middle belt barely have moslems
SE and SS dont
Any moslem outside yoruba moslem is looking to curry favour from the north i.e ned nwokogrin

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by NoIgboSoundTueh: 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
selemempe:
nobody has asked you to not vote buhari ogbeni. Yoro Móslems are Nigeria's major problem
Ipob are useless terrorist.
Death to all Igbos
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Ishilove: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
I never knew she was married
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Omoslim26: 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
ruffDiamond:
hmm
i wanted to say,'you married Yoruba be say you a Yoruba ,which one be Yoruba Muslim?, then I come realize say Yoruba different true..not just about religion but about behavior and attitude too,we still millions of yorubanza cowards,,betrayal, traitors, treacherous as rattle snake milling around us,mingling amount us sane minds,yes,laughing from ear to ear,forming omoluabi,sophisticated,educated morons with just useless paper for CV and no money..chaii,wetin onyeka find go there?anyway,life weren't this complicated in those days.. anyone could fall in love with any anyone unlike now..and with better ,clean babes too

You are one of the reasons why I say transfer Nigerians to Switzerland and wat for just 7yrs to see how Switzerland will become a shit hole
Just imagine the hate you are spilling on fellow countrymen
Na wa oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Obodogri: 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2020
Skynet45:
I don't think it affects us anyways. Nobody regards muric as serious and their followers are little

You may be right though.

But this was how Yusuf, founder of Boko Haram started.

He was ignored in the beginning until things got out of hand.

Same modus operandi is what am seeing too here w.r.t Muric.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by getinspired01(m): 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
Inspiration is a factor in your quest for success. When you get inspiration from someone, you get new ideas from him, which makes you enthusiastic and encourage you do something positive.
Join us today at (DYF) as we bring to you every morning the word of inspiration.
Join here ���

https://www.nairaland.com/6141659/early-morning-inspiration-dosage
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by CodeTemplar: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
mama-Tijani has spoken.
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by tobby94(m): 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
LZAA:

That definition is very important o
See outside hausa fulani the other moslems u see are yoruba moslems
Even the middle belt barely have moslems
SE and SS dont
Any moslem outside yoruba moslem is looking to curry favour from the north i.e ned nwokogrin
what about the edo Muslims are they from Cameroon
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by MajohBankz: 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
Try and raise the bar by marrying an Imam in your next life. This news is just on par with those coming out of bbnaija
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by tobby94(m): 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
U all are clamoring for United southern states whereas u have hidden interests take a look at the past election, what eastern plights is it party dignity or regional dignity. Is Atiku and ibo man coz it is pdp u all are making noise awon hypocrite oshi
Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by code77(m): 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
swtdrms:
You see all of you Yoruba Muslim who are just Muslim by name and understands next to nothing about ISLAM, do you now see how you're disgrace to ISLAM and yourself?

Look at the way she has described you, it better you kuku leave the fold and let's know clearly where you belong.

Shut up my friend. If only u guys, up there in the North & your folks d world over could practice your religion like your Yoruba brothers do; I doubt d world will be in it's present mess.
Dat title " Religion of Peace" should be reserved only for d Yorubas. Because, they are truly d only one projecting a Good Image for you guys.

5 Likes

Re: Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2020
Skynet45:
grin we are the most accommodating ethnic group in Nigeria, but the flat head and ndi developers are spoiling our land

They is nothing like Yoruba Muslims we are all Yoruba first . Flat heads created Yoruba Muslims nickname to divide us but it won't work.
Just as Come heads created south south to divide us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Charles Idibia Weds Rosemarie, Pre-Wedding Photos Of 2face Brother / Davido Buys 7 Shirts For N4.4 Million (Photos, Video)) / Singer Asa Shows Off Her Thighs For The First Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.