Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet (851 Views)

Persons Missing, Houses Burnt In Renewed Akwa Ibom/Cross River Communal Clash / Ben Ayade Kept Vigil At Calabar-Itu Boundary Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River / Concerns as APC congresses yet to start in Edo, A-Ibom, Cross River, Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 25, 2020
copied from facebook

Miriam Edem wrote :

Everyone is talking about Cross river government sounding the siren more and making Cross river look like a state of tribalism.
Even those who are faulty in their different positions are fanning the fire pointing their fingers more.
I was once told a woman doesn't know where she hails from except she get married, but in the case of the EFIK tribe is an exception because they don't sell their daughters out for marriage..
Yes she's from Akwa ibom,
Yes her mom is from Cross river and married from Cross river,
Yes she has worked all her life here, but we are simply the cause of our problems.
Sometimes when I hear Akwa ibomites brag when they talk about us, I keep silent knowing a time will come when a situation will rise like this and tongues will still wag which is playing now.
Someone rose up to say Donald Duke is from Akwa ibom and they bragged how foolish Cross riverians are saying we are just like a table tennis ball they can toss anyhow.
They even went further to say they will claim cross river and rule over us as they are taking over positions.
You guys are very mouthy and that is the problem!
Is CR's really sentimental to outsiders? We still have people who are not from this state holding key positions here.
Because if I want to check, it looks like we accept outsiders more than we do for ourselves.
But I ask again, is such seen in Akwa ibom
Imagine small Cross river is being compared to Lagos or Rivers state, like have you guys calculated the differences those states get in their allocation?
OK Cross river state should be a no man state right while Akwa ibom will now be your own?
You guys are so sensible and considerate.
Mind you I am not painting any state black, but even among Akwa ibomites there are still discrimination and tribalism among themselves.. An Igbo person can be accepted in the place of an Oron man and yes I have seen a case like that.
Check out how an Oron man is being treated in AKS if he is not strong on the ground, the issue of "I am from Akwa ibom is silenced" prove me wrong!
We have loved them, I swear we have!
We have tried for them which of course they can't do that for us!
Despite all their flaws and sense they have played on us we have accepted and embraced them more especially we the Efiks who has despised our brethren from the northern part just for their happiness.
I knew the hell my mom went through because she's from Boki local government area of the state married to an Efik man..
My dad people were like saying "so my dad didn't see any Akwa ibom or EFIK lady to bring but an ATAM woman".
We the Efiks appreciates them the more and that is the more reason we are in conflict with the northerners of this state who probably is scared we will reunite with the Akwaibomites and claim the state.
But in all this tell me, is the feelings mutual??
What we get from them is "we are lazy, we are this and that........
I do hear what you guys always say about us, and with my nature outside people don't really believe I am from EFIK, only my name fetches me out.
I will just keep my face like I don't know anything and they'll just rant in their language murdering us till the last piece thinking I am not hearing and I'll just swallow.
I am writing this down because of the hasty and nasty comments going round and other states are having this bad notion about Cross riverians.
One Aks guy went ahead to say cross riverians are busy enjoying and living freely on their land and enjoying appointments in their government house.
Like are you guys for real?? Because I am still yet to know the names of those cross riverians holding key positions in the Akwa ibom state para-setters whether by marriage or not.
Let's start from Universities, get into unicem, go into the civil service, after the north Cross riverians its Aks outnumbering us.
But in Aks can you try that?
I had an aunty who worked in a government sector there, mhen she saw weeeinnnnnn!
The funniest part was she married from Okobo, just from there, but all the stereotypes was heaped on her back simply because she's an Efik woman was irritating.
Her husband got angry and told her to write a resignation letter to leave.
Aren't you guys saying "by marriage a woman is from her husband place?
But why is Akwa ibom state saying any first lady of that state must be an indigene.
In other words non indigenes is not accepted but here you are killing yourselves over someone state affairs.
I am not rejoicing in the plight of the rejection of the justice, its a very pitiful and sad thing in this 21st era.
I and my family spoke against it, but then when I heard the unspeakable things that began to spew out from the mouths of people who are not even better makes me sick and I must voice out too!
When you want to fight for the truth make sure you are doing and standing for the truth.
When you want to fight for justice make sure you are a honest being with no discrimination and faults.
The two states are wrong here and at fault, no one should blame another.
If we have the spirit of love and unity among us this wouldn't have happened.
When the other wants to be good and open, the other shouldn't misuse that right and trade on him as a fool and play sense on him..
There should be one agreement now, because this "we are one or one love" is obviously playing in the side of cross river while the other is benefiting but not playing same.
We have minsters of so so and so in this State from other states, I am still yet to hear a cross riverian given the position of minister of so so and so from other state especially from "our brother state".
Or will you say we are lazy as you guys always say�
We are only brothers when something Like this comes up,
We are only brothers when we need help and position,
We are brothers when lands at being claimed and acquired,
i think its time the equation get balanced.
When you speak and preach about love, spread it and let there be an undeniable fact that truly the love was shared and the other paid it with evil.
The rift is tearing more apart between the two states, but let's calm down and think of our generation to come if Christ tarries.
This is the result of a rift already torn between the two states which has ripped off that woman right to hold such sensitive position not because we cant give it to her, but a word was introduced "insecurity"
In the past you will attest that no one would have argued to give her that position because of the two states relationship, but somehow everything got wrong which is still going on.
Blood has been shed between the two states,
We have had clashes time without number,
I don't know what they were thinking when they denied her that right, but you'll agree with me you will react negatively if that position was given to a Fulani man in Cross river state.
When we heat the fire the more, know that it won't stop the two states from inter marrying and the fire will end up falling on our children whom love took them beyond the shore of their state.
If we are deeply hurt with this happening, then we should be challenged to seek for a change and go for peace.
Saying trash and swearing about the states won't solve a dime but worsen matters.
Peace, unity and love should return among the states to avoid more pressing issues like this in the future.
This is just the simple truth and you know it, whether it pisses you off or not i don't care.
The earlier the two government meets the better for us.
Miriam has spoken.
Cheers
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Enudapan: 7:25am On Sep 25, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Buh I thought
Both are same
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 25, 2020
SUPERTRAM2005:
copied from facebook

Miriam Edem wrote :

Everyone is talking about Cross river government sounding the siren more and making Cross river look like a state of tribalism.
Even those who are faulty in their different positions are fanning the fire pointing their fingers more.
I was once told a woman doesn't know where she hails from except she get married, but in the case of the EFIK tribe is an exception because they don't sell their daughters out for marriage..
Yes she's from Akwa ibom,
Yes her mom is from Cross river and married from Cross river,
Yes she has worked all her life here, but we are simply the cause of our problems.
Sometimes when I hear Akwa ibomites brag when they talk about us, I keep silent knowing a time will come when a situation will rise like this and tongues will still wag which is playing now.
Someone rose up to say Donald Duke is from Akwa ibom and they bragged how foolish Cross riverians are saying we are just like a table tennis ball they can toss anyhow.
They even went further to say they will claim cross river and rule over us as they are taking over positions.
You guys are very mouthy and that is the problem!
Is CR's really sentimental to outsiders? We still have people who are not from this state holding key positions here.
Because if I want to check, it looks like we accept outsiders more than we do for ourselves.
But I ask again, is such seen in Akwa ibom
Imagine small Cross river is being compared to Lagos or Rivers state, like have you guys calculated the differences those states get in their allocation?
OK Cross river state should be a no man state right while Akwa ibom will now be your own?
You guys are so sensible and considerate.
Mind you I am not painting any state black, but even among Akwa ibomites there are still discrimination and tribalism among themselves.. An Igbo person can be accepted in the place of an Oron man and yes I have seen a case like that.
Check out how an Oron man is being treated in AKS if he is not strong on the ground, the issue of "I am from Akwa ibom is silenced" prove me wrong!
We have loved them, I swear we have!
We have tried for them which of course they can't do that for us!
Despite all their flaws and sense they have played on us we have accepted and embraced them more especially we the Efiks who has despised our brethren from the northern part just for their happiness.
I knew the hell my mom went through because she's from Boki local government area of the state married to an Efik man..
My dad people were like saying "so my dad didn't see any Akwa ibom or EFIK lady to bring but an ATAM woman".
We the Efiks appreciates them the more and that is the more reason we are in conflict with the northerners of this state who probably is scared we will reunite with the Akwaibomites and claim the state.
But in all this tell me, is the feelings mutual??
What we get from them is "we are lazy, we are this and that........
I do hear what you guys always say about us, and with my nature outside people don't really believe I am from EFIK, only my name fetches me out.
I will just keep my face like I don't know anything and they'll just rant in their language murdering us till the last piece thinking I am not hearing and I'll just swallow.
I am writing this down because of the hasty and nasty comments going round and other states are having this bad notion about Cross riverians.
One Aks guy went ahead to say cross riverians are busy enjoying and living freely on their land and enjoying appointments in their government house.
Like are you guys for real?? Because I am still yet to know the names of those cross riverians holding key positions in the Akwa ibom state para-setters whether by marriage or not.
Let's start from Universities, get into unicem, go into the civil service, after the north Cross riverians its Aks outnumbering us.
But in Aks can you try that?
I had an aunty who worked in a government sector there, mhen she saw weeeinnnnnn!
The funniest part was she married from Okobo, just from there, but all the stereotypes was heaped on her back simply because she's an Efik woman was irritating.
Her husband got angry and told her to write a resignation letter to leave.
Aren't you guys saying "by marriage a woman is from her husband place?
But why is Akwa ibom state saying any first lady of that state must be an indigene.
In other words non indigenes is not accepted but here you are killing yourselves over someone state affairs.
I am not rejoicing in the plight of the rejection of the justice, its a very pitiful and sad thing in this 21st era.
I and my family spoke against it, but then when I heard the unspeakable things that began to spew out from the mouths of people who are not even better makes me sick and I must voice out too!
When you want to fight for the truth make sure you are doing and standing for the truth.
When you want to fight for justice make sure you are a honest being with no discrimination and faults.
The two states are wrong here and at fault, no one should blame another.
If we have the spirit of love and unity among us this wouldn't have happened.
When the other wants to be good and open, the other shouldn't misuse that right and trade on him as a fool and play sense on him..
There should be one agreement now, because this "we are one or one love" is obviously playing in the side of cross river while the other is benefiting but not playing same.
We have minsters of so so and so in this State from other states, I am still yet to hear a cross riverian given the position of minister of so so and so from other state especially from "our brother state".
Or will you say we are lazy as you guys always say�
We are only brothers when something Like this comes up,
We are only brothers when we need help and position,
We are brothers when lands at being claimed and acquired,
i think its time the equation get balanced.
When you speak and preach about love, spread it and let there be an undeniable fact that truly the love was shared and the other paid it with evil.
The rift is tearing more apart between the two states, but let's calm down and think of our generation to come if Christ tarries.
This is the result of a rift already torn between the two states which has ripped off that woman right to hold such sensitive position not because we cant give it to her, but a word was introduced "insecurity"
In the past you will attest that no one would have argued to give her that position because of the two states relationship, but somehow everything got wrong which is still going on.
Blood has been shed between the two states,
We have had clashes time without number,
I don't know what they were thinking when they denied her that right, but you'll agree with me you will react negatively if that position was given to a Fulani man in Cross river state.
When we heat the fire the more, know that it won't stop the two states from inter marrying and the fire will end up falling on our children whom love took them beyond the shore of their state.
If we are deeply hurt with this happening, then we should be challenged to seek for a change and go for peace.
Saying trash and swearing about the states won't solve a dime but worsen matters.
Peace, unity and love should return among the states to avoid more pressing issues like this in the future.
This is just the simple truth and you know it, whether it pisses you off or not i don't care.
The earlier the two government meets the better for us.
Miriam has spoken.
Cheers
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2020
Akwa-cross is at warr with themselves.
They don't see eye to eye
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by tobechi74: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2020
Unite
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
Buh I thought
Both are same
Are Imo and anambra not brothers? why was the bishop rejected?
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Abasman008(m): 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2020
Well em a guilty concience is your problem... When you are talking about "she" why didn't you mention her name?
In akwaibom we see crossriver as a sister state and even our bible is "efik Bible"..the thing is over the years I have grown up to hear efiks sounding as if we are rags or not related at all
You hear songs like "ibibio emema uyoñgo" it's silly....
Sometimes I sit down and wonder the kind of country crossriver and akwa-ibom merged together would be..m in akwaibom we are at peace no fights.. and we are obviously more hospitable than you guys... but we respect crossriver because the bond is deep...

2 Likes

Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by horsepower102: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
I feel like the days when Akwa Ibom and Cross river used to get along really well is mostly gone.

I think one Key decision caused it.

When the oil wells that Crossriver state used as revenue source was handed to Akwa Ibom after a major court decision.

Personally, I see them as brothers and they cannot let petty things to come between them.
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2020
SUPERTRAM2005:
Are Imo and anambra not brothers? why was the bishop rejected?

Brothers from where?
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
Abasman008:
Well em a guilty concience is your problem... When you are talking about "she" why didn't you mention her name?
In akwaibom we see crossriver as a sister state and even our bible is "efik Bible"..the thing is over the years I have grown up to hear efiks sounding as if we are rags or not related at all
You hear songs like "ibibio emema uyoñgo" it's silly....
Sometimes I sit down and wonder the kind of country crossriver and akwa-ibom merged together would be..m in akwaibom we are at peace no fights.. and we are obviously more hospitable than you guys... but we respect crossriver because the bond is deep...

Is it not you that is always threatening fire and brimstone here.

So you can talk slowly like this?

By tomorrow now u will come in another form..to burn Nigeria down.
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Chino4NAUTH: 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ndị Ákwá-Cross... How market grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Igboland is even more united than these dumb modafuckers.. Even for North it is like that, the only unity in the north is the hatred against igbos
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
As long as Akwa ibom not ready to submit to Efik Authority and system ,there'll never be unity ,period. In fact, that's why the state split. Everyone should just stay at their place and not be a burden on others and there'll be peace. There are many akwa ibomites in Cross river and other states , the Akwa Ibom government should stop building baseless white elephant and invest in human development and repatriate most of their people back home.
Akwa ibom is yaya ,akwa ibom is this and that, ok, go back to your place and go do your own thing and leave me alone . These days whenever a person or people express their feelings on issues that concern them it's called hate . They'll call this hate speech now , but the record of Cross river's benevolence towards akwa ibom shows otherwise ,while the reverse is the case in akwa ibom. North & Central CRS need to go their way too .
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Abasman008(m): 12:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Is it not you that is always threatening fire and brimstone here.

So you can talk slowly like this?

By tomorrow now u will come in another form..to burn Nigeria down.
lol nope am one form... Nigeria is burning already, you are either too blind or dumb to see it... I'm 21 and the way it's going they ain't no future..
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Abasman008(m): 12:47am On Sep 26, 2020
BankOfCalabar:
As long as Akwa ibom not ready to submit to Efik Authority and system ,there'll never be unity ,period. In fact, that's why the state split. Everyone should just stay at their place and not be a burden on others and there'll be peace. There are many akwa ibomites in Cross river and other states , the Akwa Ibom government should stop building baseless white elephant and invest in human development and repatriate most of their people back home.
Akwa ibom is yaya ,akwa ibom is this and that, ok, go back to your place and go do your own thing and leave me alone . These days whenever a person or people express their feelings on issues that concern them it's called hate . They'll call this hate speech now , but the record of Cross river's benevolence towards akwa ibom shows otherwise ,while the reverse is the case in akwa ibom. North & Central CRS need to go their way too .
and how is it our business...who gave efik authority? And what's your pain?... Why must sominso submit to anyone's authority? Are you guys any better?, If you think you are..who gives a Bleep? There was a time akwaibom was always mistaken for Calabar ..you guys took all the glory...now it's as if we are doing okay.. instead of trying to level up..it's a silly achaic authority that won't add a dime to you that's your problem... Keep waiting for who will submit to who..
No one hates you, no ibibio man hates you, no annang or Oron man hates you... It's your pride that made you loose your place among the two...it's silly that this thread even exists.
You want akwaibomites to leave Calabar fine... But I hope you see whose the hypocrite now...
Re: Conflicts Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River . Why Both Governments Should Meet by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 26, 2020
Abasman008:
and how is it our business...who gave efik authority?
Go read history on why the state split.

Abasman008:
You want akwaibomites to leave Calabar fine... But I hope you see whose the hypocrite now...
Not a fan of arguments ,just straight to point and facts . I've expressed what I feel for my place and situation,you have right to express your own feelings for your place too. but for now it's all internet talk unless i'm governor or someone that feels the same is governor .
I do not hate akwa ibom and don't think all Akwa ibomites should leave Calabar and CRS .I just think a significant number should go back to their state,not only from Cross river but other states are complaining too. why do you think hate if someone expresses their feeling about issues that concern them . Akwa ibom is yaya but you prefer to live in calabar.
Very easy to feel otherwise when you have all the oil wells and developing your place while exporting your burden to others.
AKS is more hospitable and welcoming than CRS,sure ,who would not claim to be the most hospitable? but the facts remain.

(1) (Reply)

. / President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide. / The Time To Restructure Nigeria is NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.