Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

How To Recover Money From A Scammer - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Recover Money From A Scammer (24081 Views)

See The Message A Scammer Sent Me (pics) / How To Frustrate A Scammer / See The Fake Credit Alert A Scammer Sent Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by wildlife9999(m): 9:13am On Jan 27, 2022
hansomb:
Makes sense

You can track him with that same number

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Badyback: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2022
Thank you very much for the article, now I will be more careful with my next purchases. However, as far as I know, if you were deceived, then you can go to the bank and show the transaction and thus get your money back, but I'm not 100% sure about it. In general, everything related to money, I read articles from this site -- https://www.doughroller.net/, because lately, I have started to find interesting articles about investing and managing my money here. It turns out that it is not necessary to be a millionaire to invest money in real estate. Now some firms allow you to get a small percentage of your investment.
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Wayne4uall(m): 8:32am On Feb 19, 2022
EZEB1:
Okay so I came across your topic after doing a Google search on the topic.

I was scammed of about N25,000 from a vendor on Instagram who claims they sell hand made shoes. I paid the total money for the shoe and the transport cost and since then the guy stopped replying messages nor picking his calls. I intend to follow this your steps above to see if I can recover my funds from this scammer. I will post my progress here too as I go on.

He fa about the guy that scammed you, hope
You retrieved back your money
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 11:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
Wema bank
Shafaatu Abdulahhi

VFD micro finance bank
Shafaatu Abdulahhi

08169007960 is the WhatsApp number

@elsahana_forex is the telegram username

Is a scammer

Don't send money to them for anything

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Reeoman: 11:29am On May 06, 2022
Omoh.
This no dey work o.
Tunwillbbe asked to goan get police report and court order.
Was scammed about 40k.
Them tell me d stress no. Worth am

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Morningblues: 11:40am On May 07, 2022
EZEB1:

I was scammed of about N25,000 from a vendor on Instagram who claims they sell hand made shoes. I paid the total money for the shoe and the transport cost and since then the guy stopped replying messages nor picking his calls. I intend to follow this your steps above to see if I can recover my funds from this scammer. I will post my progress here too as I go on.

Have you recovered your money
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Morningblues: 11:43am On May 07, 2022
Reeoman:
Omoh.
This no dey work o.
Tunwillbbe asked to goan get police report and court order.
Was scammed about 40k.
Them tell me d stress no. Worth am

Explain more please... someone scammed me of 35k
How much for court order & police report??
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by GUNITGuy: 6:40pm On May 15, 2022
Thanks I have been scammed by one guy that Added me to a phony WhatsApp group in money doubling
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Reeoman: 5:36pm On May 28, 2022
Morningblues:

Explain more please... someone scammed me of 35k
How much for court order & police report??
I don't know of exact amount.
But the person that told me it not worth happens to be a senior brother of mine that works at that bank.
He vividly told me the stress and d money I would spend to recover my 40k won't really be worth it
But assuming na like 100k now.
At least even if you spend like 20k get your 100k back.
Still okay na.

1 before you get report from police station.
Police Boys go collect something lemme just say nothing less than 5k. Best budget 10k

Then court oder sef not free na.

And normally court order take about a week or more to get processed.
But if you want it fast u have to settle again.
I know court order should be around 3k or so.
Not sure o.
And let say u settle Dem sef small 2k.

U spend 5k for station.
5k for court.
That 10k.
If you get to bank.
If the scammer no get money for account, they would just lock the account and say it has been placed on lien and anytime there is enough money it would be debited for you..

And u don spend 10 already o..
But u can try your luck Sha.
Some people do it and they get there money back.

I tried it so I know how it works.
I pulled plenty strings from uncles and aunties to get both police report and court order. And after everything see what bank dey tell me after constant reminder.
Today make it one month plus o

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by TheSociopath(m): 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
EZEB1:

Did you get your money back?
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by EbonyQueen001(f): 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2022
I found this information and it is applicable in my case. The scammer scammed me with 5 different account numbers. 4 with Wema/Alat bank and 1 with Globus Bank.
The money is huge and I don't know how to go about it.

I don't know if the provided accounts are wallet accounts though.

I need help on money recovery.
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by lajid: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2022
EZEB1:

Did you get your money back?
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by obuneme: 6:57am On Dec 31, 2022
EbonyQueen001:
I found this information and it is applicable in my case. The scammer scammed me with 5 different account numbers. 4 with Wema/Alat bank and 1 with Globus Bank.
The money is huge and I don't know how to go about it.

I don't know if the provided accounts are wallet accounts though.

I need help on money recovery.
How did it go? Were u able to recover back your money?
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by EbonyQueen001(f): 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by EbonyQueen001(f): 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
obuneme:

How did it go? Were u able to recover back your money?

Unfortunately not. I was told to pay 45k to get a court order. Recovery rate is still 50/50 chance.

I was given another option; let it go as it won't be worth it.

I barely had 2k on me.

It's been rough for me. I am hopeful that things will change for better for me in this new year
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Benjamin4388(m): 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rakitic4:
Due to the raising level of internet scams ,we're are going to discuss on ways on how to recover money from a scammer.

This method has proven to work over the months and you'll get your funds back within hours only if you follow the process which we're going to provide you with below;

35% - 70% Of Internet users has been scammed one way or the other and bad enough, they let go because they actually don't know what to do about it, so today here is just what you need to do when you realize a personality you paid for goods or service is trying to swindle you. 

Scams ranging from Paypal fund conversions, item purchase, falling for investment scams and the rest can now be reverted but you'll have to get either or both of the listed documents;

Copy transaction ID number.

Screenshots of a conversation between you and the scammer.

Knowing how to retrieve your money after a scam will save you the risk of having a heart attack seeing the way scam activities have increased during this Covid-19 pandemic ranging from fake investment platforms, businesses and partners and the rest.

Without wasting much time, let's see how to recover our money from a scammer.

HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK AFTER A SCAM

It is quite important to bookmark or copy this post link and save it to your notes or drive for future use. Kindly do ensure to follow the below steps accordingly to achieve the main interest of the post. 

Firstly, get hold of the screenshot showing the convo between you and the scammer across all social media platform (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)

Write out the Full name and account number of the person who scammed you.

Go to the last notification, your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or SMS) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

Now, visit any branch of the scammers' bank, ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

Lastly, While you are there, send an email to the SCAMMER'S BANK and also forward a copy of the mail to CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org). This will make the scammers' bank act fast.

If possible, print out all those chats with the scammer and submit it to the customer care in charge of fraud.

AFTER THE ABOVE STEP, WHAT NEXT?

Once you have done the above steps, you should rest having an assurance that the culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD.

This will definitely hold all transactions on the scammers account until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect will be detained, and when proven guilty; he will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money ASAP.

That's all.

The above step is all you need to follow if you've been the victim of a scam, it works perfectly well.

You can also report on twitter tagging @Cenbank and the scammers' bank coupled with detailed screenshot containing chats and Transaction ID.

So, how did your fund recovery go with the above step? successful or not? let us know via the comment box.

If you have other valid ways with which you use to recover your scammed funds' you can also do well to share it with us via the comment box.

Kindly share
https://winanos.com.ng/how-to-recover-money-from-a-scammer/
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Creamcrest(m): 5:20pm On Feb 05, 2023
If you need help to track a scammer you can contact me, can help you recover stolen funds including cryptos, tracking of mobile phones.

Whatsapp contact on my signature.
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Abaellionaire(f): 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2023
Creamcrest:
If you need help to track a scammer you can contact me, can help you recover stolen funds including cryptos, tracking of mobile phones.

Where is your WA contact
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by laptopsforsale: 5:48am On Jun 22, 2023
EZEB1:

Bro, did you succeed witb this?
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Hardey33: 9:50am On Jun 22, 2023
Nice one ...
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Soccrates: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
It you need help to recover scammed funds just message me on WhatsApp,I can help advise you how to go about it and how you can track a scammer phone number to recover every single penny lost.
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by HonNellymike12(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2023
Creamcrest:

please can I have your WhatsApp number, thanks in advance
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Valtteri: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2023
Soccrates:
It you need help to recover scammed funds just message me on WhatsApp,I can help advise you how to go about it and how you can track a scammer phone number to recover every single penny lost.

Shut the f*** up. No be you scam someone 10k on top fridge. See this fool 🤣🤣🤣

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by ABJohnson231: 9:48am On Oct 20, 2023
👮‍♂️ CYBERSECURITY ALERT 👮‍♀️

Dear Internet Users,

Your online security matters to us! If you've experienced the loss or theft of cryptocurrency or funds on the internet, we're here to assist you in recovering what's rightfully yours.

Cybercrimes involving cryptocurrencies and digital assets are on the rise, and we're committed to tackling these issues head-on. To report lost or stolen crypto or funds:

* Contact the appropriate law enforcement agency specializing in cybercrimes: <b> cybercrime.emergency(@)gmail(.)com </b> We have experts trained to handle these cases effectively.

* Provide detailed information about the incident, including transaction details, involved parties, and any digital evidence you may have.

* Stay vigilant and patient during the investigation process. Our dedicated team will work tirelessly to recover your assets and bring perpetrators to justice.

Remember, your cooperation is vital in safeguarding the digital landscape. By reporting these incidents, you contribute to a safer online environment for everyone.

Don't let cybercriminals go unchecked! Together, we can protect your assets and hold wrongdoers accountable.

Your online security is our priority!
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Fleckingemy(m): 8:02am On Oct 25, 2023
EZEB1:

Did you recover your money
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Akposkiz: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2023
Nice one!
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Pacyrus(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2023
Someone recently scammed me 137k, totalling 400k in less than 2 months. The Yoruba guy uses Opay account number 09041868256.
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Pacyrus(m): 11:21am On Nov 19, 2023
Reeoman:

But the person that told me it not worth happens to be a senior brother of mine that works at that bank.
He vividly told me the stress and d money I would spend to recover my 40k won't really be worth it
Still okay na.

Police Boys go collect something lemme just say nothing less than 5k. Best budget 10k

Not sure o.

U spend 5k for station.
5k for court.
That 10k.
If you get to bank.
If the scammer no get money for account, they would just lock the account and say it has been placed on lien and anytime there is enough money it would be debited for you..

I pulled plenty strings from uncles and aunties to get both police report and court order. And after everything see what bank dey tell me after constant reminder.
I was told by my able barrister that court order alone in Benin is almost 55k. I gave up.
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Agentwizzy: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2023
Doesn't work , tried severally nothing from the bank and cbn mails
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Magicxian: 5:28pm On Jan 04
What if it's only audio evidence I have with the scammer 😭🙏😭
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Blankstare(m): 10:03am On Jan 05
Reeoman:

Still okay na.

Not sure o.

U spend 5k for station.
5k for court.
That 10k.
If you get to bank.

You were lucky to get a Court order for 10k, I got mine for 40k for a woman that scammed me of 1.5m.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which App Consumes More Data On Your Phone The Most? / OPPO A9 2020 officially launched in Nigeria / My Phantom 6 Unboxing Picture Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.