Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . (4114 Views)

Presidency Denies Plans Of Sharing $1.7 Billion From Excess Crude Account / Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account / Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by juman(m): 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2011
They are trying to save "ONE NIGERIA" project.

It's too late Mr. Senators, Nigeria will surely break up.

Hope that Mr. Speaker (The HOUSE) has find out the location of missing money colleected from Mr. Tafa Balogun.

Ole gbe Ole gba.

FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by juman(m): 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2011
Mr. President is spending too much on subsidy.

This is damaging his name.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by 9ijaMan: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2011
alldone:

if the money is spent for a just cost.it is ok.

I suppose you meant a just course (and not cost). Abeg mention the just course wey our dear GEJ spend the money on.

juman:

Mr. President is spending too much on subsidy.

This is damaging his name.

He never had a name in the first instance let alone one to damage. GEJ's antecedents in Bayelsa state is the stack reality of the person he really is. Chop and quench! Daylight robber!
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by ddiamond(f): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2011
NAIJA SUCKS. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by dejavume: 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2011
LEAVE THEM,58 OF THEM ARE NOT CONTESTING,AND THE REMAINING 50 ARE NOT SURE IF THEY WILL COME BACK.
LET ME SHOW THEIR REMAINING SKILLS OF STUPIDITY.
THEY WILL PAY FOR IT.SOOONER THAN THEY KNOW
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:18am On Mar 02, 2011
"Medicine after death"
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by lafaze(m): 12:50am On Mar 02, 2011
were dey blind while d money was been spent frugally? Now dey are claiming to be righteous, d account is illegal after depleting d fund hmm Senators, ona go die one day o.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by lafaze(m): 12:53am On Mar 02, 2011
were dey blind while d money was been spent frugally? Now dey are claiming to be righteous, d account is illegal after depleting d fund hmm Senators, ona go die one day o.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by nastydamus(m): 1:10am On Mar 02, 2011
Wow! Suddenly, most NLers are converging at a point of good application of what is commonly referred to as 'common sense' and objective reasoning.
Hopefully, we're reaching the wall and we'll bite back (save for Beaf and Nsiman).

Food don finish for pot na him dem wan go put am like that for freezer? grin grin grin grin grin
Kai, just when you think you've heard the worst!
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Mariory(m): 1:28am On Mar 02, 2011
nastydamus:

Wow! Suddenly, most NLers are converging at a point of good application of what is commonly referred to as 'common sense' and objective reasoning.

grin
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 02, 2011
Precisely . Would that be out of place in Nigeria? Is corruption the norm or the exception in our Nation? Rather you should stop defending what is not done or accepted elsewhere. It is that mentality that keeps Nigeria an abberation and a frigging basketcase in comparison to other Nations!!! What is the rush to withdraw $1 billion from the ECA for a soveriegn wealth fund that has not even scaled the legislative hurdle to ratify its existence let alone become operational? In sane Nations , would sensible citizens , aware of the civic responsibilities , not question the motives behind such a patently foolish action? In theory , the Senate could still fail to pass the Sovereign Wealth fund bill. What will then happen to the £1 billion? Where will its destination then be assuming it is still intact ? Abeg stop been an apologist for outright incompetence, corruption, dubiousness and deliberate insincerity.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is the king---congrats mister gbawe just found out you are the king of the blind folks posting thrash here-- Its so easy seeing a lot of folks here either don't reason or lack basic comprehension skills-- gbawe you can rile the government to whip up sentiments but unlike the blind folks here who would take everything you say hook, line and sinker---I reason before I do that.

I know very well corruption is the bane of our country-- I'm not here to counter that, I'm not here to counter the fact that the monies withdrawn from the ECA has not been judiciously used--NO SIR-- I highlighted a point you made in your opening comments and that's the fact that you made it look as if 1 billion dollars has been embezzled by the government---go back and read my points and look at what I highlighted in your post.

Can you state with all certainty and laced with facts that the 1 billion dollars set aside as seed money for the SWF has been cornered by the government ?-- that is my bone of contention here not about the fact that it took a long time for the senate to realise that the ECA is illegal, can you produce evidence of your allegations, your in a civilized country i guess and i believe you know the repercussions of false allegations and defamation of character, I ask again should the 1 billion dollars be placed in your account before you know that it was set aside to start-up the SWF.

Please even if the senators were late in acknowledging that the ECA was illegal-- is it not better late than never, Do you really understanding the workings and benefits of a law backed SWF, do you know how if properly invested would be beneficial to the country than an ECA that can be invested. The ECA was set aside for rainy days it could never be ploughed into any investment to benefit the country, but the SWF can be, do you open a business account with no money in it, your grouse of holding on till the bill proposing the SWF be passed holds no weight.-- won't it be better the money be set aside pending when the bill is passed and even if it's not passed which we all see won't happen can't the money be returned back to the ECA for onward disbursement or whatever the FEC seems fit for it.

Please mister don't take your hatred for the government colour you blind in every decisions taken by them, some are beneficial to us the populace, Next time you wanna raise points back it up with admissible facts, and I still say it loud and clear--IF YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT THE 1 BILLION DOLLARS HAS NOT BEEN EMBEZZLED-- ITS STILL A ROAD SIDE JOINT TALK.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 02, 2011
abi ooooo, of all things to defend, something that is blatantly transparent as outright rule breaking with corruption added to it, , anyway you always have people who justify the ills of the society, its a shame we cannot all think the same way, when it comes to bad things within the system

@ babasoty , na wah oooooo How can you call open dodgyness within the polity Corner bar gossip,

Bn Privy to what obtains, in the system, nothing stops Aganga from moving that money to a fund manager outside the country since he's worked within that sphere b4, (he can justify it with some financial legal law that is open to debate,

Foreign Fund Investment manager gets bonus over the deposit, squares all those within the know of the deal + interest accrued on top as well, Alarm blows money is sent back . Simple AS, but already money has worked for the people in the know, in a dodgy way and they will always quote 1 law /rule to justify it,

Postulations and theories that's all your coming up with--- and as we both know that's where it ends, why don't you also think that probably the money is still sitting out there in the ECA account untouched and never to be moved pending the outcome of the bill backing the SWF-- nothing stops Aganga from moving it you say and you forget that nothing also stops him from leaving it untouched in the ECA account, Placing the money in the ECA account how are you not sure your theories isn't already working and enriching the pockets of some folks than when its a legally backed SWF that is being invested and enriching Nigerians, Do you know how much the SWF of UAE makes annually as at 2007 it was worth more 875 billion dollars. Please come up with more facts regarding what has befallen the said 1 billion dollars set aside than your far-fetched theories,
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 02, 2011
^^ I GUESS YA PAPA IS ONE OF THE THIEVING SENATOR HENCE YOUR AUDACITY TO COME AND SPEW TRASH IN THE FORUM! NEMESIS WILL SOON CATCH YOU! IDI-OT! ANIMAL! COCKROACH!

As for insulting my father, just shows yours did a poor job in raising you--- as for me and you there's definitely a clear and marked difference, while I don't join the bandwagon of oh' yes senile dotard members like you-- I stand out from the crowd-- I think, comprehend and research before commenting--- something you and your family of fish brains would never do.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by ideylaff: 11:16am On Mar 02, 2011
Postulations and theories that's all your coming up with--- and as we both know that's where it ends, why don't you also think that probably the money is still sitting out there in the ECA account untouched and never to be moved pending the outcome of the bill backing the SWF-- nothing stops Aganga from moving it you say and you forget that nothing also stops him from leaving it untouched in the ECA account, Placing the money in the ECA account how are you not sure your theories isn't already working and enriching the pockets of some folks than when its a legally backed SWF that is being invested and enriching Nigerians, Do you know how much the SWF of UAE makes annually as at 2007 it was worth more 875 billion dollars. Please come up with more facts regarding what has befallen the said 1 billion dollars set aside than your far-fetched theories,

@ babasoty, because we dont do things like this in Nigeria.>>>>> only in Nigeria does a Foreign affairs Minister have access to estacode cash for trips he has not embarked on like say he dey go market, other places there is Red tape for things like this,

Our love for Physical Cash is so unreal, Aganga is a Policy maker, but as a Finance Minister don't be surprised if he handles cash matters like he his going to the market.   .In other countries some Ministers have never seen their departments cash bar the figures on a spreadsheet 4 nija as soon as den do budget,  The Minister has the physical power to move the money or even touch the money and decide on which bank to place the money in,
grin

Concluding, I never said the money has dissapeard, I said/we are sying that there is a possibility that the money has journeyed to another account, because that is the practice 8 times out of 10,  Na lie

As an example when the late Yar- Adua was ill and they (Presidency + Crew) travelled to Germany, my blood younger bro who happens to be a Senior Consultant in the hospital was taken aback when the C in C's Aide camp showed up @ the Hospital with a brief case full of Foreign Currency to pay for Medical procedure, what a joke,  my brother said, panic everywhere, Dollars and Euro in  briefcases,  come on, What a country,
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Gbawe: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2011
babasoty:

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is the king---congrats mister gbawe just found out you are the king of the blind folks posting thrash here-- Its so easy seeing a lot of folks here either don't reason or lack basic comprehension skills-- gbawe you can rile the government to whip up sentiments but unlike the blind folks here who would take everything you say hook, line and sinker---I reason before I do that.

I know very well corruption is the bane of our country-- I'm not here to counter that, I'm not here to counter the fact that the monies withdrawn from the ECA has not been judiciously used--NO SIR-- I highlighted a point you made in your opening comments and that's the fact that you made it look as if 1 billion dollars has been embezzled by the government---go back and read my points and look at what I highlighted in your post.

Can you state with all certainty and laced with facts that the 1 billion dollars set aside as seed money for the SWF has been cornered by the government ?-- that is my bone of contention here not about the fact that it took a long time for the senate to realise that the ECA is illegal, can you produce evidence of your allegations, your in a civilized country i guess and i believe you know the repercussions of false allegations and defamation of character, I ask again should the 1 billion dollars be placed in your account before you know that it was set aside to start-up the SWF.

Please even if the senators were late in acknowledging that the ECA was illegal-- is it not better late than never, Do you really understanding the workings and benefits of a law backed SWF, do you know how if properly invested would be beneficial to the country than an ECA that can be invested. The ECA was set aside for rainy days it could never be ploughed into any investment to benefit the country, but the SWF can be, do you open a business account with no money in it, your grouse of holding on till the bill proposing the SWF be passed holds no weight.-- won't it be better the money be set aside pending when the bill is passed and even if it's not passed which we all see won't happen can't the money be returned back to the ECA for onward disbursement or whatever the FEC seems fit for it.

Please mister don't take your hatred for the government colour you blind in every decisions taken by them, some are beneficial to us the populace, Next time you wanna raise points back it up with admissible facts, and I still say it loud and clear--IF YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT THE 1 BILLION DOLLARS HAS NOT BEEN EMBEZZLED-- ITS STILL A ROAD SIDE JOINT TALK.

Stop trying to sound clever to hide your ignorance, lack of knowledge and distasteful obliviviousness of what obtains elsewhere. No where on Earth , with a sane Government , will we see the withdrawal of $1 billion for an SWF when laws have not even been ratified to sanction the operation of the so called SWF . It is not done for a very obvious reason : Nigeria's money , in limbo, can be used for any purpose if it does not go from the ECA straight to its SWF destination. Does that make issues simplistically clear enough for your ? Add the notion that Nigeria is one of the most corrupt nation on earth where transparency and accountability must increase and it becomes obvious that what the GEJ Govt has done is indefensible , patently dishonest and crooked . It defies notions of Government[b] best practices [/b] ethos. It is shameful you defend what is clearly indefensible and not done anywhere else.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by ideylaff: 11:23am On Mar 02, 2011

@ babasoty, because we dont do things like this in Nigeria.>>>>> only in Nigeria does a Foreign affairs Minister have access to estacode cash for trips he has not embarked on like say he dey go market, other places there is Red tape for things like this,

Our love for Physical Cash is so unreal, Aganga is a Policy maker, but as a Finance Minister don't be surprised if he handles cash matters like he his going to the market.   .In other countries some Ministers have never seen their departments cash bar the figures on a spreadsheet 4 nija as soon as den do budget,  The Minister has the physical power to move the money or even touch the money and decide on which bank to place the money in,
grin

Concluding, I never said the money has dissapeared, I said/we are saying that there is a possibility that the money has journeyed to another dodgy account, because that is the practice 8 times out of 10,  Na lie

As an example when the late Yar- Adua was ill and they (Presidency + Crew) travelled to Germany, my blood younger bro who happens to be a Senior Consultant in the hospital was taken aback when the C in C's Aide camp showed up @ the Hospital with a brief case full of Foreign Currency to pay for Medical procedure, what a joke,  my brother said, panic everywhere, Dollars and Euro in  briefcases,  come on, What a country,
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Gbawe: 11:33am On Mar 02, 2011
ideylaff:

As an example when the late Yar- Adua was ill and they (Presidency + Crew) travelled to Germany, my blood younger bro who happens to be a Senior Consultant in the hospital was taken aback when the C in C's Aide camp showed up @ the Hospital with a brief case full of Foreign Currency to pay for Medical procedure, what a joke, my brother said, panic everywhere, Dollars and Euro in briefcases, come on, What a country,

My brother , don't mind some people . We need accountability , transparency and the strengthening of our institutions to increase . Not the other way round . Folks should not be able to withdraw billions for a proposed wealth fund that may not even see legal assent !!!! That type of practice belong in nations where dictators hold sway not a Country that seriously wants to move away from financial crookedness towards a system of Government that ensures effective checks and balances nullify how Government officials casually abuse their powers to enrich themselves to the detriment of Nigeria. Many months later after the withdrawal of the $1 we still do not have a SWF !!!! The $1 billion could have been aggrandizing folks illegally all this time it is 'floating'aimlessly without a home . It might even have been embezzled . Is that simple enough for some folks to grasp? Does it not make sense we question why this $1 billion was withdrawn in the first place when it had no legally sanctioned destination?  The Senate , perhaps deliberately, failed in their oversight function. They should have stipulated that Aganga leave the $1 billion where it is till the SWF is operational but this is Nigeria and we know the the legislative arm is in bed with the executhieve arm in a unison of theft and self-aggrandizement . This is why Aganga was allowed to withdraw the $1 billion in the first place and it is also the reason the Senate has now only found its voice when the ECA is near depleted .
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 02, 2011
Stop trying to sound clever to hide your ignorance, lack of knowledge and distasteful obliviviousness of what obtains elsewhere. No where on Earth , with a sane Government , will we see the withdrawal of $1 billion for an SWF when laws have not even been ratified to sanction the operation of the so called SWF . It is not done for a very obvious reason : Nigeria's money , in limbo, can be used for any purpose if it does not go from the ECA straight to its SWF destination. Does that make issues simplistically clear enough for your ? Add the notion that Nigeria is one of the most corrupt nation on earth where transparency and accountability must increase and it becomes obvious that what the GEJ Govt has done is indefensible , patently dishonest and crooked . It defies notions of Government best practices ethos. It is shameful you defend what is clearly indefensible and not done anywhere else.  

Please cut the crap, no where was it ever mentioned by the government that 1 billion dollars was withdrawn from the ECA for the SWF, what was announced by the government was that 1 billion dollars has been set aside, get it "SET ASIDE", for all we know it could still be in the ECA account, stop crying blood when there's none, you paint a negative impression when you come here spreading falsehood about the money vanishing,stick to facts that are laced with proofs, is it wrong setting that money aside in case the law scales through or having it disbursed like others, what wrong or harm was committed in that move, If finally the laws backing the SWF is passed, should we operate that fund with a zero balance.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 02, 2011

Our love for Physical Cash is so unreal, Aganga is a Policy maker, but as a Finance Minister don't be surprised if he handles cash matters like he his going to the market. .In other countries some Ministers have never seen their departments cash bar the figures on a spreadsheet 4 nija as soon as den do budget, The Minister has the physical power to move the money or even touch the money and decide on which bank to place the money in,

Concluding, I never said the money has dissapeared, I said/we are saying that there is a possibility that the money has journeyed to another dodgy account, because that is the practice 8 times out of 10, Na lie

As an example when the late Yar- Adua was ill and they (Presidency + Crew) travelled to Germany, my blood younger bro who happens to be a Senior Consultant in the hospital was taken aback when the C in C's Aide camp showed up @ the Hospital with a brief case full of Foreign Currency to pay for Medical procedure, what a joke, my brother said, panic everywhere, Dollars and Euro in briefcases, come on, What a country,

Like I said earlier what you are saying are just based on assumptions because you know the country is corrupt---- PLAIN SIMPLE ENGLISH YOUR JUST GUESSING.

Until you have reasonable proof backing what you just guessed I believe morally you have no right to cast aspersions on persons based on theories and guesses.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Gbawe: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2011
babasoty:

Please cut the crap, no where was it ever mentioned by the government that 1 billion dollars was withdrawn from the ECA for the SWF, what was announced by the government was that 1 billion dollars has been set aside, get it "SET ASIDE", for all we know it could still be in the ECA account, stop crying blood when there's none, you paint a negative impression when you come here spreading falsehood about the money vanishing,stick to facts that are laced with proofs, is it wrong setting that money aside in case the law scales through or having it disbursed like others, what wrong or harm was committed in that move, If finally the laws backing the SWF is passed, should we operate that fund with a zero balance.

My friend , you should "cut the crap" and stop the display of ignorance. The $1 billion withdrawn from the ECA has already being accounted for towards the[b] final [/b] balance of the ECA today. Go and find out and stop embarrasing yourself.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 02, 2011
My brother , don't mind some people . We need accountability , transparency and the strengthening of our institutions to increase . Not the other way round . Folks should not be able to withdraw billions for a proposed wealth fund that may not even see legal assent !!!! That type of practice belong in nations where dictators hold sway not a Country that seriously wants to move away from financial crookedness towards a system of Government that ensures effective checks and balances nullify how Government officials casually abuse their powers to enrich themselves to the detriment of Nigeria. Many months later after the withdrawal of the $1 we still do not have a SWF !!!! The $1 billion could have been aggrandizing folks illegally all this time it is 'floating'aimlessly without a home . It might even have been embezzled . Is that simple enough for some folks to grasp? Does it not make sense we question why this $1 billion was withdrawn in the first place when it had no legally sanctioned destination? The Senate , perhaps deliberately, failed in their oversight function. They should have stipulated that Aganga leave the $1 billion where it is till the SWF is operational but this is Nigeria and we know the the legislative arm is in bed with the executhieve arm in a unison of theft and self-aggrandizement . This is why Aganga was allowed to withdraw the $1 billion in the first place and it is also the reason the Senate has now only found its voice when the ECA is near depleted .

Please stop grandstanding and playing with words to cover up something you can't prove, the money was never withdrawn from anywhere to anywhere, 1 billion was proposed and was to be set aside for the SWF, NO MONIES HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM ANY ACCOUNT FOR IT.

STICK TO FACTS, I'm not here debating the transparency or corruption tendencies of government officials, I'm here debating your peddling of falsehood due to your uncompromising hate for the government,
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Gbawe: 12:00pm On Mar 02, 2011
babasoty:

Please stop grandstanding and playing with words to cover up something you can't prove, the money was never withdrawn from anywhere to anywhere, 1 billion was proposed and was to be set aside for the SWF, NO MONIES HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM ANY ACCOUNT FOR IT.
STICK TO FACTS, I'm not here debating the transparency or corruption tendencies of government officials, I'm here debating your peddling of falsehood due to your uncompromising hate for the government,

It seems it is you deliberately lying and "peddling" ignorant falsehood . Below , is Businessday is also "peddling" falsehood . Not so Mr. shameless Apologist ?

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/banking-a-finance/17985-economys-triple-tragedy-resisting-policy-change-

indeed, $1 billion of 'seed money' for the SWF was withdrawn from ECA funds).

It seems Nigeriadailynews is also "peddling falsehood" below . Abeg go and sit down and accept that you are now exposed and discredited .You fans of Jonathan are simply shameless . You go around attacking people who speak the truth about your Messiah who has been severely ticked off for profligacy, wastage and economic ineptitude by his own Presidential advisory committee. Dishonesty and a refusal to acknowledge the truth seems a trait common amongst GEJ fans.

http://news.nigeriadailynews.com/news/9425-analysis_a_political_cash_cow.html

In August, another $2billion was withdrawn from the ECA, apart from $1billion withdrawn from ECA as seed money for the take off of the proposed Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF).
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2011
It seems it is you "peddling" ignorant falsehood . Below , Businessday is also "peddling" falsehood . Not so Mr. shameless Apologist ?

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/banking-a-finance/17985-economys-triple-tragedy-resisting-policy-change-

Your so quick to bring out sites pointing to the money being withdrawn--- but I guess you never saw anywhere in it where it was pointed out that the monies have been embezzled, can you point to that in your article.

Lemme also bring out articles pointing to the fact that the monies was set aside

http://www.financialnigeria.com/DEVELOPMENT/developmentreport_category_item_detail.aspx?categoryid=5&item=206

http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4094:on-friday-august-13-2010-the-accountant-general-of-the-federation-alhaji-ibrahim-dankwanbo-announced-to-a-bewildered-nation-after-the-monthly-federation-accounts-allocation-committee-meeting-that-the-rem

I THINK YOU STILL DON'T GET MY POINT OF ARGUING WITH YOU,

YOU COME TO A PUBLIC FORUM AND CREATE THE IMPRESSION THIS MONEY HAS BEEN EMBEZZLED, WHEN I COUNTERED YOU, YOUR BRINGING OUT STORIES SAYING IT WAS WITHDRAWN, LETS TAKE IT THAT IT WAS WITHDRAWN IS THAT THE MAGNA CARTER TO ALLEGE IT BEING EMBEZZLED. DON'T GIMME THE CRAP THAT "IN LIMBO"-- IS THAT A VALID STATEMENT OR GUESS CONCERNING THIS PARTICULAR MONEY.

Please spare me all this your "tales by moonlight conspiracy" about this money--- Place facts about it being embezzled then you can score a cheap point, as it is you are just going around chasing the wind with your baseless accusations about this money.,
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
Abeg go and sit down and accept that you are now exposed and discredited .You fans of Jonathan are simply shameless . You go around attacking people who speak the truth about your Messiah who has been severely ticked off for profligacy, wastage and economic ineptitude by his own Presidential advisory committee. Dishonesty and a refusal to acknowledge the truth seems a trait common amongst GEJ fans

Please grow up, its not about being a fan or an apologist to anyone-- its about setting records straight, I'm not here debating the effectiveness, docility or ineptitude of GEJ, I'm here debating your claims of mismanagement you levelled against Aganga and GEJ based on illogical theories and " IN LIMBO " assumptions you tirade here,

If you got proof that this money 1 billion dollars has been mismanaged--- place you facts and post them here-- you can brainwash your fellow gullible folks here, while your at it know this --There are folks like me here who want more than just "market place stories" but facts to buttress whatever we read.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by ideylaff: 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
@ babasoty, whats your email address , babasoty@ministryoffinace.gov.ng, or babasoty@cbn.org.ng or babsoty@debtmanagementoffice.org.ng, LOL

You must be a defender if you ever played football. Kai u dey try ooooo smiley
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by 9ijaMan: 12:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
babasoty:

Your so quick to bring out sites pointing to the money being withdrawn--- but I guess you never saw anywhere in it where it was pointed out that the monies have been embezzled, can you point to that in your article.

Lemme also bring out articles pointing to the fact that the monies was set aside

http://www.financialnigeria.com/DEVELOPMENT/developmentreport_category_item_detail.aspx?categoryid=5&item=206

http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4094:on-friday-august-13-2010-the-accountant-general-of-the-federation-alhaji-ibrahim-dankwanbo-announced-to-a-bewildered-nation-after-the-monthly-federation-accounts-allocation-committee-meeting-that-the-rem

I THINK YOU STILL DON'T GET MY POINT OF ARGUING WITH YOU,  

YOU COME TO A PUBLIC FORUM AND CREATE THE IMPRESSION THIS MONEY HAS BEEN EMBEZZLED, WHEN I COUNTERED YOU, YOUR BRINGING OUT STORIES SAYING IT WAS WITHDRAWN, LETS TAKE IT THAT IT WAS WITHDRAWN IS THAT THE MAGNA CARTER TO ALLEGE IT BEING EMBEZZLED. DON'T GIMME THE CRAP THAT "IN LIMBO"-- IS THAT A VALID STATEMENT OR GUESS CONCERNING THIS PARTICULAR MONEY.

Please spare me all this your "tales by moonlight conspiracy" about this money--- Place facts about it being embezzled then you can score a cheap point, as it is you are just going around chasing the wind with your baseless accusations about this money.,
Abeg inform us about where the money has been set aside to. In a bank, GEJ or Aganga's bedroom? Where please?
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2011
@ babasoty, whats your email address , babasoty@ministryoffinace.gov.ng, or babasoty@cbn.org.ng or babsoty@debtmanagementoffice.org.ng, LOL

You must be a defender if you ever played football. Kai u dey try ooooo

No bros I no be defender, from the onset i wasn't against Gbawe's annoyance with the legislators or the monies not being utilized--- get my point-- check my first post, all I am against is casting aspersions on public servants to gain cheap popularity, Its the government they are the whipping crew in Naija, u get nightmare blame government, you jam person motor blame government-- e no good na--- I asked him if he is insinuating that the said money has been looted and he assented in the affirmative with no proof, then he comes up and say's its been withdrawn and might be "in limbo" making some folks richer, with no proof, haba my bros abi dat one no be beer parlour jist.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2011
Abeg inform us about where the money has been set aside to. In a bank, GEJ or Aganga's bedroom? Where please

WHY DON'T YOU ASK THE POSTER HOW THE PROCEEDS FROM THE MONEY OR THE MONEY ITSELF WAS WITHDRAWN AND SHARED AMONGST AGANGA AND GEJ.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Gbawe: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
babasoty:

Man mi , you have no shame and no limits as far as decency is concerned . you stated that;

the money was never withdrawn from anywhere to anywhere, 1 billion was proposed and was to be set aside for the SWF, NO MONIES HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM ANY ACCOUNT FOR IT.

When you are then shown proof that $1 billion was withdrawn from the ECA as seed fund for the SWF you changed tact above to begin talking of "embezzlement" without acknowledging your deceitful lie or dishonest ignorance (whichever may be more apt) that has been discredited with the submissions I posted . In case you don't know , the £1 billion withdrawn from the ECA as seed fund for the SWF is part of the official deduction credited as contributing to the current balance of the ECA today. Everyone knows that but yourself and this is why fans of GEJ more knowledgeable than yourself , but perhaps not as dishonest , are not here arguing your corner.  They know the documented facts regarding deductions from the ECA  .

NO MONIES HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM ANY ACCOUNT FOR IT

Stop wasting my time . If you are serious , you should have responded to issues I raised previously i.e how the premature withdrawal of $1 billion for a fund that does not (and may never) legally exist may leave room for embezzlement and misuse of Nigeria's money with the "more of the same" practice Nigerians are used to.  If what we are seeing does not happen in Countries with acceptable levels of corruption why should it happen in a Nation where the corrupt deployment of National funds for personal enrichment is the norm and not the exception? Are we not told GEJ is "fresh air" that will bring a departure to the odious practices of the past?

Folks should not be able to withdraw billions for a proposed wealth fund that may not even see legal assent !!!! That type of practice belong in nations where dictators hold sway not a Country that seriously wants to move away from financial crookedness towards a system of Government that ensures effective checks and balances nullify how Government officials casually abuse their powers to enrich themselves to the detriment of Nigeria. Many months later after the withdrawal of the $1 we still do not have a SWF !!!! The $1 billion could have been aggrandizing folks illegally all this time it is 'floating'aimlessly without a home . It might even have been embezzled . Is that simple enough for some folks to grasp? Does it not make sense we question why this $1 billion was withdrawn in the first place when it had no legally sanctioned destination?
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Gbawe: 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2011
ideylaff:

You must be a defender if you ever played football. Kai u dey try ooooo smiley

Ol boy , the guy na defender , striker , midfielder and Coach rolled into one !!!!!
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
Stop wasting my time . If you are serious , you should have responded to issues I raised previously i.e how the premature withdrawal of $1 billion for a fund that does not (and may never) legally exist may leave room for embezzlement and misuse of Nigeria's money with the "more of the same" practice Nigerians are used to. If what we are seeing does not happen in Countries with acceptable levels of corruption why should it happen in a Nation where the corrupt deployment of National funds for personal enrichment is the norm and not the exception? Are we not told GEJ is "fresh air" that will bring a departure to the odious practices of the past?

Guy u ain't dense, are you ? what are you even arguing about, a crime committed or an assumption of a crime not yet committed ?, which one you dey ? I asked you in my first post if you are sure the monies has been embezzled and you started with PRECISELY , Abi you don't understand the meaning of words you use, or you don't understand the word embezzle, which one ? You brought sites showing the monies have been withdrawn and I brought about sites too showing you that all that was done was the money was being "kept aside"-- mind you if could be in the ECA account still and be kept aside-- Like I have been trying to press it to your medulla oblongata, show me proof that the money has been embezzled--- THAT'S ALL I NEED, Do I need to shout on a roof top for you to understand what I want, the money being withdrawn or not isn't my basis of arguing with you, we are talking about the money being embezzled-- cus its was "set aside" or "withdrawn" is that enough reason to say it has been mismanaged, please stop chasing shadows and stick to points raised by me--- *Its a hundred times easier to criticize than create*, and you mr gbawe is a god in that--- but do it with facts no some hallucinating rants and accusations--- it doesn't just stick.
Re: Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account . by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
Stop wasting my time . If you are serious , you should have responded to issues I raised previously i.e how the premature withdrawal of $1 billion for a fund that does not (and may never) legally exist[b] may leave room for embezzlement and misuse of Nigeria's money with the "more of the same" practice Nigerians are used to[/b]. If what we are seeing does not happen in Countries with acceptable levels of corruption why should it happen in a Nation where the corrupt deployment of National funds for personal enrichment is the norm and not the exception? Are we not told GEJ is "fresh air" that will bring a departure to the odious practices of the past?

Its now MAY leave room for embezzlement, no more HAS been embezzled--- your just confused as it gets, a drowning man groping at anything to hold on to, like I said earlier you got people here you can brainwash not me, so finally you are accepting that it can be embezzled but it hasn't yet been or you got no clue if it has been embezzled.

Bros Gbawe you got brains-- put it to use--- I got no issues with your assessment of the state of the polity, or the rampant corruption bedevilling the country, I am just against you make statements that are so untrue and assassinating the character of those folks you mentioned, its not yet uhuru for Nigeria, even if GEJ mounts the saddle, don't give a dog a bad name to hang it bro.--- peace out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Must Account For The Billions His Government Inherited / Drama As Odili Deny Ownership Of Hospital’ In Abuja / Please What Is The Meaning Of Confab?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.