Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Is Glo Now This Bad? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is Glo Now This Bad? (490 Views)

Why Is Glo Not Offering Esims Yet? / Glo now Charges #20 For 171 Customer Care / Today Is Glo Free Data Day!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Glo Now This Bad? by yommen: 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
Abeg make unna see o.

I bought a new phone, removed my Glo SIM and inserted in the new phone na him the SIM no work again. I inserted in other phone, same. I inserted other SIM and they worked.

Ok I proceeded to their office in Ikorodu to retrieve the line and getting there, they said I needed to re-register the line which I did immediately. I was then told to check back 2 todays after to do SIM retrieval.

3 days after, I got there around 7:30am and picked a number. The first staff that showed up past 8. Ok, I realised they resume 9:00am which 1hr30minutes gone already. Work eventually started by 9:00am and 6 people were called. Till 12pm, none of those 6 customers could achieve their aim for coming in the name of 'no network'

I eventually left feeling very angry because I took permission at work just to retrieve that line.

That same day, I called their customer care line if I could do SIM retrieval online but they said it was not possible. Not even SIM card vendors can do it but they can do for others meaning you must visit 'gloworld'

Another 3 days after, I visited and I realised that they already closed just few minutes to 4 in the name of no network. For crying loud, if the only indigenious telecom company in Nigeria can say there is no network for up to 5 days, what happens to their data subscribers? Or is anything Nigerian bound to face?

1 Like

Re: Is Glo Now This Bad? by goldtooth: 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
yommen:
Abeg make unna see o.

I bought a new phone, removed my Glo SIM and inserted in the new phone na him the SIM no work again. I inserted in other phone, same. I inserted other SIM and they worked.

Ok I proceeded to their office in Ikorodu to retrieve the line and getting there, they said I needed to re-register the line which I did immediately. I was then told to check back 2 todays after to do SIM retrieval.

3 days after, I got there around 7:30am and picked a number. The first staff that showed up past 8. Ok, I realised they resume 9:00am which 1hr30minutes gone already. Work eventually started by 9:00am and 6 people were called. Till 12pm, none of those 6 customers could achieve their aim for coming in the name of 'no network'

I eventually left feeling very angry because I took permission at work just to retrieve that line.

That same day, I called their customer care line if I could do SIM retrieval online but they said it was not possible. Not even SIM card vendors can do it but they can do for others meaning you must visit 'gloworld'

Another 3 days after, I visited and I realised that they already closed just few minutes to 4 in the name of no network. For crying loud, if the only indigenious telecom company in Nigeria can say there is no network for up to 5 days, what happens to their data subscribers? Or is anything Nigerian bound to face?

You are not far from the truth. I had the same experience the first day. Luckily for me the next day I went very early I was the second person they attended to and I was able to retrieve my sim before the no network issue started.

Painful, because one cannot continue to use bad services in the name of Patriotism. I have been a fan of glo since when they started per second billing and put MTN to shame but over the years MTN has been a better service provider in terms of quality services.
Re: Is Glo Now This Bad? by Valentinooo: 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
goldtooth:

You are not far from the truth. I had the same experience the first day. Luckily for me the next day I went very early I was the second person they attended to and I was able to retrieve my sim before the no network issue started.

Painful, because one cannot continue to use bad services in the name of Patriotism. I have been a fan of glo since when they started per second billing and put MTN to shame but over the years MTN has been a better service provider in terms of quality services.
Seriously, glo needs to step up their service if they truly want to give mtn a challenge.
For now, MTN is not doing so well but many people still stick to them because others are not stepping up.

Imagine 1gb for #200, 1.5gb for #300 mtn is giving their customers.

Others need to introduce something similar.

1 Like

Re: Is Glo Now This Bad? by chimamaxi(m): 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
Hello, sorry about your experience. I was faced with a similar situation earlier and I got it sorted out at the Glo World outlet in Alapere. I believe they are well more organized and efficient. You can try them out!
Re: Is Glo Now This Bad? by yommen: 7:20am On Sep 27, 2020
chimamaxi:
Hello, sorry about your experience. I was faced with a similar situation earlier and I got it sorted out at the Glo World outlet in Alapere. I believe they are well more organized and efficient. You can try them out!

I should go over to Alapere? Alright!
Re: Is Glo Now This Bad? by chimamaxi(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2020
Yes you can bro. Let's talk in the DM. I think I still have a customer care person's number from my last time there.
Re: Is Glo Now This Bad? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 27, 2020
Yh bro, Glo is a BIG DISGRACE
Re: Is Glo Now This Bad? by chimamaxi(m): 10:08am On Sep 27, 2020
Not really my bro. I have used my GLO line almost 12 to 13 years now, and really I can still recommend them ahead of other networks. There is always room for improvement yunno�‍♂️
Re: Is Glo Now This Bad? by psucc(m): 10:34am On Sep 27, 2020
Glo no try at all!

(1) (Reply)

Laptops and Phones Kara kata. / Neatly Used Photocopy Machine For Sale / Iphone 6 32gb...36k SOLD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.