Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria (31416 Views)

Thread For Afro-juju, Highlife, Fuji, Apala And Alujo Artists. Let's Talk. / The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs / (throwback) Sir Shina Peters -afro Juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by GeneralPula: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
Op your list is incomplete without Tupac, Michael Jackson and Don Williams
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Lemmy123(m): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
Where is Felix Liberty and Sunny Okosun??
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Eryyy92: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2020
op what of oriental brothers? . I still dey rock there songs till today

1 Like

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Seyilome(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2020
Commander Ebenezer Obey over king sunny ade anytime anyday if not that he switched to gospel

5 Likes

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by FRANKLINJUNIOR1(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2020
FELA, MADE VALID POINTS WITH HIS SONGS. HE CRITICIZED THOSE WHOM HE FELT DESERVED CRITICISM.

2 Likes

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by fiercehillz(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2020
Sir Victor Uwaifo abi Victor Olaiya... undecided

1 Like

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by xreal: 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
I just clicked to see if Sir Shina Peters is on the list.

6 Likes

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by FRANKLINJUNIOR1(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
I CAN RECALL 'BEAST OF NO NATION'
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by corporateDan(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
Where is Orlando OWOH, Dele ABIODUN,Kayode fashola and Dipo Shodipo

14 Likes

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Habayomie(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
These legends are the real pacesetters.
Fela didn't died of AIDS because non of his immediate family member has ever been declared HIV positive through him.
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Ravern: 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
Please where is Sir Warrior. The man whose hand on guitar can raise the dead. The list is incomplete without him. Go and listen to one his last songs. Ebea chigaa chigaa oo' and then remake this list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXujFKzyOoo

1 Like

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Niyeal(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
SSP and KSA any day anytime

1 Like

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Tonypeters5050: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
Never underestimate the legendary of Lagbaja
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by ThatFairGuy1: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
Baba lal'agbon Orlando Owo is missing in the list. Moreso, Rolling dollar is from Ede, Osun State not Oyo.

Victor Uwaifo is also different from Victor Olaiya(The pioneer of juju music)

Cc robosky02

7 Likes

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by BajuGoldmehda(m): 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
Evergreen men.... Legend of all time

Anyway, we move!!!
IPhone available for sale:
Check my signature
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Op your list is incomplete without Tupac, Michael Jackson and Don Williams
How do they relate with the list.
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
SegFault:

How do they relate with the list.
are they not music artists?
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
Fela is the greatest Nigerian musician of all time, I haven't settled down to listen to his songs but I love "zombie" and "water no get enemy". What the fck happened to the Music Industry?
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
enemyofprogress:
are they not music artists?
Afro juju not all artistes.
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
SegFault:

Afro juju not all artistes.
michael Jackson and Tupac played juju music while don Williams played highlife
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by edlion57(m): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
Oliver my man
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by WalkerMichael(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
fela!!! baba with his j all time. salute senior ..all his words in his music are still present in day Nigeria.. rip sir

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Blakpot: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
Celestine Ukwu just.too good to be left out

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by RichyAD(m): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
twinkletwinklee:
[s][/s]
is it a lie? the radio station is temporarily closed
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
fela ke?...fela was never a JuJu or highlife singer
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Crixxx: 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ahamefuna0001:
Where's Sir warrior, bright Chimezie, Oriental brothers and even Chimuanya Ayakata Bongo?

Tbh oriental brothers remains the best including Osita
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
enemyofprogress:
michael Jackson and Tupac played juju music while don Williams played highlife
Juju ni juju kor.
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by ransomed: 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Op, is Oshogbo in Ondo state? Oshogbo weed can make someone high!

1 Like

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
Tonypeters5050:
Never underestimate the legendary of Lagbaja
Lagbaja and fela weren't highlife and JuJu musicians
Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by marsman: 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2020
SegFault:
Fela is the greatest Nigerian musician of all time, I haven't settled down to listen to his songs but I love "zombie" and "water no get enemy". What the fck happened to the Music Industry?
His career was based on oppression, didn't seek fame, fame ran after him. He only wanted to pass his message.

2 Likes

Re: Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
marsman:

His career was based on oppression, didn't seek fame, fame ran after him. He only wanted to pass his message.
the more reason I loved him, though I believe he shouldn't have wasted his time on Nigerians he still remains a legend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teenage Wizkid Freestyling On Jimmy Jump Off (Throwback Video) / DOWNLOAD MP3: Wiz Khalifa - Captain / America-based Singer Lisa Yaro Brings Energetic Performance To Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.