Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

FACE VALUE - Scars Are Only Skin Deep - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FACE VALUE - Scars Are Only Skin Deep (324 Views)

Devil And The Deep Blue Sea / Scars Of Love / Scars Don’t Make Us Beautiful, They Mar Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FACE VALUE - Scars Are Only Skin Deep by Aida13: 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
Complete Novel out now!

If she's beauty then I'll be her beast...

I was king of all I surveyed.

Everything fell into my laps when and how I wanted.

Until everything fell apart.

Now all I could do was keep to the shadows.

But then Nikki walked in. Skin like honey. Chocolate brown eyes. Lips made for temptation.

Cue the fireworks!

She was getting paid to play my girlfriend.

I'm about to make her break all my rules...

**Do you like reading about tormented, bad-boy heroes just ripe for a second chance?

Or about characters with flaws and imperfections you can fall in love with?

Then this is the story for you!

Tade Armstrong was a care-free billionaire playboy, who had a reputation of being ruthless with business and women.

Suddenly his perfect life changed, when a freak car accident left half of his face scarred.

He knew he could never find real love, not with his present looks - nor did he even care. Until...

Nikki. The beautiful actress paid to be his pretend girlfriend for a few weeks.

She just didn't expect her new fake "boyfriend" to be so irresistibly magnetic, despite their many differences.

Both were polar opposites but maybe fate threw them together for a reason.

Can all the wrong twists and turns finally lead them on the right path to love?

Warning - Contains highly mature scenes. Only suitable for age 18 and and above.

Excerpt...

After that kiss, it was no surprise to Tade that he found it impossible to get any sleep.

Even after the night fell silent, and everything else in the house no longer moved, he still lay awake, bare chested and in nothing but his silk pajama bottoms as he stared up at the ceiling in the dim bedroom.

The guests were long gone. He thought of Zoe’s parting barb as he’d walked her to the door. “Nora would be so glad to know you’re coming out of your shell again. I’ll tell her how much fun we all had tonight, in spite of everything,” Zoe had said, sending Nikki one cutting glance before smiling and kissing Tade’s cheek, then leaving with Ursula.

The whole evening had gone better than expected. It hadn’t shown, but Tade had been dreading having to sit at table with people again, even though most were his own friends.

He’d missed that; missed the banter and the warmth from enjoying good food and wine with people most of whom you cared about.

But the high point was Nikki, and what her presence did to the atmosphere. How she shone with her smile, her laugh and her voice. It made anything she said sound deep and musical.

Tade had loved watching her eat, or listening to her hold a conversation. He’d wanted to snap the stem of his glass in his fingers when he’d caught Dare and Harold ogling her.

No doubt, Nikki looked on fire in that red dress. Tade knew she’d caught him looking her way with more than a bit of masculine hunger in his eyes.

When the guests were gone and the house was empty except for the staff clearing up, Tade and Nikki strode back into the main area and he’d asked her if she’d like to have some more wine, and talk. But she’d gracefully declined.

“It’s been a long day,” she’d said with an apologetic smile. “And tomorrow promises to be just as occupied. A girl like me needs her beauty sleep, you know.”

Her infectious grin had drawn a smile to Tade’s lips. There was a time that smiling felt alien to him and even now there’d been a slight twitch as his unused muscles had stretched in an answering smile.

“It’ll be many, many years before a woman with your looks has to worry about that,” he’d murmured, while she began to ascend the staircase.

As she paused on the first step above him, Tade had looked up with barely concealed heat at her.

Thinking to himself, how well his hands would span her waist; or fit over her hips. Or even how easily her breasts would fill his palms.

Tade didn’t know what Nikki saw in his eyes, because she laughed nervously. “Thank you, but I still think I’ll hit the sheets early tonight. Dinner was lovely, by the way.”

“But then, it wouldn’t have gone so well without you. I appreciate you agreeing to do this. Having you here makes it…easier.”

Nikki had held his gaze for a long, telling moment, and Tade thought she’d say something else.

Instead, she’d nodded briefly and then made to go up the stairs to her room.

But Tade’s hand shot out to cup her elbow. He liked that Nikki didn’t recoil at his touch like the first time, and her eyes weren’t impatient or wary when she turned to face him again.

“Yes?” Nikki asked softly; he’d have liked to think, expectantly.

He hadn’t known what to say. So he’d let his touch speak for him. His fingers had found their way up her bare arm, skimming her smooth brown skin. She’d shivered slightly.

“I need to go, Tade.”

His name on her lips had impacted like a branding iron on his senses. Tade wanted her to say it again, to scream it when he took her deep, deeper than any man ever had before.

Nikki didn’t pull away from his grip. He looked up into the dark chocolate pools of her eyes and something in the depths made his fingers tighten on her flesh.

“Tade, this isn’t-”

His thumb stroked over the smooth curve of her arm, his eyes hooded as he looked down where his hand closed round her flesh.

“I can make you want me,” he challenged huskily.

Nikki had snatched in a long, shaky breath. “Maybe,” she’d replied with coolness. “I know all about your reputation, Tade. A quintessential ladies’ man. I don’t think a few scars are going to change your leopard spots. But sex isn’t on the agenda, I made that clear. I didn’t sign up for that and come to think of it, nothing’s been signed as yet. Please don’t make me change my mind.”

Her tone was low and calm; but Tade could see the fear in her eyes. Did she think that he’d turn into some sex-mad monster and force his needs on her?
Re: FACE VALUE - Scars Are Only Skin Deep by Aida13: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Taming His Desire 6 (romance) / In Need Of A Ken Wiwa Book 'in The Shadow Of A Saint' Ebook / Gory Tales Of Deceit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.