Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine (3587 Views)

I Programmed Universal TPMS Sensors... / Diy Tpms Replacement / Tire Pressure Monitoring System(tpms) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Presegs(m): 5:23am On Sep 26, 2020
What could cause the TPMS light to be on the dashboard except if any of the tyres of your vehicle is low are:
TPMS: Tire Pressure Monitoring System
1. If you change tyres/wheels.

2. If any of the TPMS sensors are bad or its battery is bad. Solution ranges from replacing the battery if possible, but the best is replacing the sensor, programming or relearning them.

Troubleshooting will point to the option to follow but most often, relearning the tpms sensors using powerful scanning tool solves most of the issues causing the TPMS light to be showing on the dashboard of most vehicles.

https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/lets-share-knowledge-on-and-about-tpms.284/

Cc: Legalwealth

4 Likes

Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Presegs(m): 9:35am On Sep 26, 2020
MOTIONTECH:
Good day fellow car talk brethren, today we are going to be talking about TPMS, Its use, how it works, what could go wrong with it, diagnosis and how to fix it.
WHAT IS TPMS?
TPMS stands for tire pressure monitoring system.
WHAT IS THE USE OF TPMS IN A CAR?
As the name sounds TPMS is a system designed to monitor the pressure in a tire but not only that TPMS sensors are able to monitor, the temperature of the tire, the pressure (psi), the speed at which it is travelling. But basically the purpose of the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) in your vehicle is to warn you that at least one or more tires are significantly under-inflated, possibly creating unsafe driving conditions.
WHY TPMS?
The use of TPMS became prominent in 2007 it became a law when the US government passed the Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability, and Documentation (TREAD) Act. As a result of this legislation a lot vehicles on sale in the United States since 2007 have a TPMS. This was a result of numerous car accidents caused by underinflated tires, prior to the introduction of TPMS the only way to check your tire pressure was to use a tire pressure gauge which did not give you a live data of the tire pressure i.e. if your tire pressure is reducing on motion you wont know, the tire pressure gauge only gave you a one-off status of your tire pressure, with the introduction of TPMS you get an on-the-go information of your tire pressure.
TYPES OF TPMS?
There are basically two types of TPMS
1)Indirect and 2)Direct TPMS
1)The indirect uses data provided by each wheel speed. This is done in collaboration with the vehicles ECM using a certain type of algorithm in comparing the revolution(how fast each tire move) on each tire to determine the tire pressure.
2)The direct TPMS is the other type of TPMS that is mostly used nowadays. In this system each tire has a tire pressure sensor which is used to monitor the pressure on every tire, the data gathered by this sensor is what is sent to the car ECU which in turn commands the TPMS light to come on.
WHAT COULD GO WRONG WITH MY TPMS?
There are basically two reasons your TPMS indicator can come up.
1)When your tire is underinflated.
2)When the TPMS sensor is damaged.
TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Evaromantik(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
Baba God abeg i need my own ride o

If you no get car and come dey talk rubbish here ehn!

Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Epstein(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
Best to cover the symbols with black tape when they pop up! grin
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Dagger79(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
I missed FTC again
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Slawormir: 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Nice article
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
Lets wait for the elders

Dunno what you talking about
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Upaka(f): 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
I'll surely visit this thread when I buy my first car.
Peace kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
cheesy
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Mohayemi(m): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
won't lie I don't understand this write up, but I like the fact that it has to do with cars.

I Really love Good Rides,thanks to my parent for always changing my rides and I thank God Too.
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by saintade01(m): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
Now this is very educative. Kudos op
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Olusegun345: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2020
I don't have a car

So I fat nothing to say
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Debbylicious(f): 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2020
Like if you're confused as me, share if you understand the post
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by pickatyou2: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
Check my signature
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by goldtube(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
cool
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by vinceyinnovation: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
Vulcanizers please your opinion is needed.
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
We way no get car make we learn too till we can get our own..
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by bobokeshington: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
BABA GOD I WAN UPGRADE MY TOYOTA COROLLA TO BENZ O... NA PANTS I DEY FIND AS I DEY SO
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by salisy: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
This is one of the problems i have in my car dashboard.
The light blinks nonstop
Let me sit down and learn.

Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Godchosen001: 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
Big format

Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by crestedaguiyi: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
Never knew
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by rydow(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2020
Well, sometimes when tires are over inflated, the TPMS light come On as well.

Short Story:
I drive a 2009 Venza and suddenly the TPMS light came ON. Stop by at a gas station and put some air in all 4 tires. The light disappeared.
Two weeks later, light came on again - Though my wheels are aftermarket and tires are bigger sizes, so I did same thing I did before (inflate all tires) but unfortunately this time, error no disappear lol.

I took it to the shop, all tires where gauged and a 32PSI tire was around 65 to 72psi. We deflated the 4 tires, gave him $5 and ever since. No more TPMS light.
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by RoSeMaRyA(f): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2020
I won't lie I don't understand this write up, but I like the fact that it has to do with cars.

I Really love Good Rides,thanks to my parent for always changing my rides and I thank God Too.
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by nord5500: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
cool
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Amotekun777: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
angry
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by bigpsalmmy: 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2020
I have tried reprogramming but still keeps appearing
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by IamWonderful: 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2020
ok
Re: Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine by Hauptmann: 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
Looooool
Front page delete jare
This kin topic by this poster no suppose even smell front page

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Corolla Vs Camry Vs Yaris / EOD Engine Price Enquiry / Benz 4matic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.