Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

My Turkey Attacked By Two Dog - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Turkey Attacked By Two Dog (545 Views)

BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats / Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks / How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Turkey Attacked By Two Dog by haconjy(m): 9:19am On Sep 26, 2020
I heard the voiced of my turkey thinking it was playing with other fowls. 30 mins after i started looking for him and after some times like 10mins i saw its feather on the ground.

Tracing the feather, after long distance someone shown me where she was as they saw him been attacked by the 2 Dogs. I took him home, saw blood on its feather and i checked where he was attacked.

A drop of water comes out of my eyes. He was badly injured. Should i kill him or not. Can he escape the attacked injury? What should i give him as drug. He is the last man standing among 9 birds i have.
Re: My Turkey Attacked By Two Dog by Eazie351(m): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2020
if it survives, the dogs will still attack it.
perform laparotomy on it and enjoy your weekend
Re: My Turkey Attacked By Two Dog by gasparpisciotta: 9:37am On Sep 26, 2020
When life throws a lime at you, make a lemonade.

In this situation make a big pot of soup to avoid further heart break.

I wanted to say sorry, but I will it change it to enjoy the weekend.

Adios
Re: My Turkey Attacked By Two Dog by chukskafor(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
Baba use bitterleaf juice extracted by squeezing the leaves (no adding water), rub all over the wounded area to avoid flies infestation and maggot built up; in a matter of days, the wound will all dry up.
NB: try confining your turkey in a cage to avoid a reoccurrence
Re: My Turkey Attacked By Two Dog by FarmTech(m): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
I identify the dogs and make them see the Turkey. If they try to attack, scare them really bad. They will learn. If u have veterinary multivit and antibiotic, give it to him.
Re: My Turkey Attacked By Two Dog by Mide3367: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
I feel for you. Sorry o

(1) (Reply)

Layers Vs. Broilers: Which One Should You Choose? / Where To Get Cheaper Live Goat In South West / Black Soldier Fly (BSF) Training.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.