Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats (4798 Views)

Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks / Fertile Duck, Turkey, Noiler, And Native Chicken Eggs Available / Rice Farming: My Sweet-bitter Experience. Looking forward & Re-strategizing!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
Here, I will be posting update of my journey. Though I have been in the business of rearing birds (not for commercial though).
I intend to use this present sets for my breeding plan.
Currently, I have

i. 2 local fowls (females, I intend using them to hatch)
ii. 4 Turkeys
iii. 3 Noilers
iv. 2 Naked Necks
v. 1 black cockreal
vi. 5 goats

PS: all my animals are ALWAYS strictly on ORGANIC MEDICATION

2 Likes

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 10:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
So I got the DOC on the 7th of December, 2022.
Someone did the stress of nursing them for me till 4 weeks.
This is them at 3 weeks +

4 Likes

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 10:33am On Jan 26, 2023
As at today, the chickens and turkeys are 7weeks old.
They are all on free range.
Pic 1. Turkey
Pic 2. Nacked Neck

2 Likes

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by todto: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2023
I will advise you to get more local chickens, if indeed you want to use them for hatching.

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 10:45am On Jan 26, 2023
My 2 youngest goats. Male and female (got them 5k each)
I got them as an orphan, their mother was killed when they were 1 and half months old. With the help of God, they survived every obstacles

5 Likes

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Gift96: 10:47am On Jan 26, 2023
this ones go dey useful for Easter celebration grin
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 11:18am On Jan 26, 2023
Gift96:
this ones go dey useful for Easter celebration grin
very well.
But I plan on using all to breed my future farm animals

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by epondudu: 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
With the help of God, they survived every obstacles
This got me... grin

3 Likes

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 11:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
Waooo, I love this. I have similar farm too, but I don't have local hen except for one that was hatched by my frizzle noiler, a local roster crossed her.
I have been breeding and making money from it though not big money but I enjoy watching them grow.
I sold all my turkey and left one, she has been laying for few weeks now, she will go broody in few days or week, I intend giving her frizzle noiler eggs to hatch.
I have 3 naked neck too, but I don't like the female, it's too small and not mesty like the male, I ate one of the male and sold one, I only have the female remaining, I don't plan to harched it eggs again, cos I have 2 that I hatched and I'm not happy with their growth.
But I still have 5 frizzle feather noiler, their mother and the children, I have sold their father, but the children are now older and crossing thehens among them and their mother, one has started laying including the mother. Their mother usually go broody and hatch her eggs herself

3 Likes

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 11:11am On Jan 27, 2023
epondudu:
With the help of God, they survived every obstacles
This got me... grin
ahbi nah, kids wey nor suck breast, e easy.

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2023
Redomi:
Waooo, I love this. I have similar farm too, but I don't have local hen except for one that was hatched by my frizzle noiler, a local roster crossed her.
I have been breeding and making money from it though not big money but I enjoy watching them grow.
I sold all my turkey and left one, she has been laying for few weeks now, she will go broody in few days or week, I intend giving her frizzle noiler eggs to hatch.
I have 3 naked neck too, but I don't like the female, it's too small and not mesty like the male, I ate one of the male and sold one, I only have the female remaining, I don't plan to harched it eggs again, cos I have 2 that I hatched and I'm not happy with their growth.
But I still have 5 frizzle feather noiler, their mother and the children, I have sold their father, but the children are now older and crossing thehens among them and their mother, one has started laying including the mother. Their mother usually go broody and hatch her eggs herself
Wow, this is a lovely read for me.
Mind sharing pictures with us.
This your naked neck story is frightened to me. I hope mine will do well, because this is the first time I am rearing naked neck birds

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2023
rainmoredays:
Wow, this is a lovely read for me.
Mind sharing pictures with us.
This your naked neck story is frightened to me. I hope mine will do well, because this is the first time I am rearing naked neck birds
I will share pictures. The males are very big and active, but the female naked neck is not as big as normal noiler
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 11:32am On Jan 27, 2023
But for best result, I will advise you feed your livestocks very well. Free ranging won't give you the result you want.
For example, my chicken and turkey will start laying another clutch of eggs 3 weeks after hatching, but if they are on free range, that won't happen

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 11:38am On Jan 27, 2023
1. All of them
2. Mother naked neck
3. Mother frizzle feather
4. One of the baby naked neck

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 11:42am On Jan 27, 2023
1. All of them are eggs layed by the frizzle feather and hatched by the turkey.
2. Another baby naked neck, 5weeks old
3. One of the baby frizzle about to start laying
4. Frizzle roster, already crossing

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 11:47am On Jan 27, 2023
1. White from the frizzle mother too, but not frizzle like other, it is somehow sizzle feather
2. Frizzle mother layed her eggs too, but it was crossed by a local roster,I don't know why the colour is black cos the roster that cross her is not white.
3. Egg layers, one of the baby from the frizzle
4. Eggs layed so far, all fertile eggs, I don chop two from the eggs

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by IamAsiri: 6:47am On Jan 28, 2023
Redomi:
1. White from the frizzle mother too, but not frizzle like other, it is somehow sizzle feather
2. Frizzle mother layed her eggs too, but it was crossed by a local roster,I don't know why the colour is black cos the roster that cross her is not white.
3. Egg layers, one of the baby from the frizzle
4. Eggs layed so far, all fertile eggs, I don chop two from the eggs

Please, how do you know fertile eggs? Are their yolks usually tainted with blood?
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2023
IamAsiri:

Please, how do you know fertile eggs? Are their yolks usually tainted with blood?
1. When I have a mature roster among my birds.

2. When I broke an egg, there is this ring form you notice among the white/natural colour, not the yellow yolk o

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2023
The first two eggs I broke, I thought they are not fertilized eggs, untill I saw the round form, it was then I started monitoring my roster in the third day I saw one crosing the egg layer

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2023
Redomi:
B..
BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFULL.
This is classical and awesome
I actually do feed my chickens and turkeys morning and evening very well with feeds. After that, I release them to play around till evening when I locked them up again (that's what I meant by free range.)
So do you actually sell your chickens out or you are rearing just for personal consumption
One of my adult boiler started laying 5 days ago. I took 2 out of the eggs today (that's one of the beauty of boiler too, {egg production}

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2023
rainmoredays:
BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFULL.
This is classical and awesome
I actually do feed my chickens and turkeys morning and evening very well with feeds. After that, I release them to play around till evening when I locked them up again (that's what I meant by free range.)
So do you actually sell your chickens out or you are rearing just for personal consumption
One of my adult boiler started laying 5 days ago. I took 2 out of the eggs today (that's one of the beauty of boiler too, {egg production}
waooo, that's lovely, they will surely lay fertile eggs if there is a roster around to cross them.
I'm also looking forward to one day cross a broiler hen with a noiler roster.
Yes I sell some and sometimes I eat some, but I sell most, I only eat few.
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2023
Redomi:
waooo, that's lovely, they will surely lay fertile eggs if there is a roster around to cross them.
I'm also looking forward to one day cross a broiler hen with a noiler roster.
Yes I sell some and sometimes I eat some, but I sell most, I only eat few.
Broiler x Noiler, omoh the experiment go hard small o.
I am not saying its impossible o, but...
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2023
rainmoredays:

Broiler x Noiler, omoh the experiment go hard small o.
I am not saying its impossible o, but...
it is very possible. I have done noiler hem and local roster twice.
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
Redomi:
it is very possible. I have done noiler hem and local roster twice.
I am particularly interested in that boiler hen.
Will the rooster be able to cross it, and more so, we know boiler are not good at laying eggs.

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
rainmoredays:
I am particularly interested in that boiler hen.
Will the rooster be able to cross it, and more so, we know boiler are not good at laying eggs.
Sure a noiler hen will surely cross a broiler hen, because the noiler roster weight won't be too much for the broiler hen to withstand, secondly broilers can lay eggs like other birds too, but most of us couldn't rear broiler for 4-5 months because if properly fed, it will be too big and not able to walk properly
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 7:22am On Jan 30, 2023
Redomi:

Sure a noiler hen will surely cross a broiler hen, because the noiler roster weight won't be too much for the broiler hen to withstand, secondly broilers can lay eggs like other birds too, but most of us couldn't rear broiler for 4-5 months because if properly fed, it will be too big and not able to walk properly
This is the part I thought would be an obstacle.
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2023
rainmoredays:
This is the part I thought would be an obstacle.
then keep some female broiler and feed them just once a day for 4-5 months, they will surely lay and and their weight will be minimal. Don't forget to feed them grower feed for just once a day
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2023
I have a plot of land I use for vegetable farming. I plant efo tete and little okro. I used the poo from my chicken. It's very lucrative. I made average 2k everyday

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2023
Redomi:
then keep some female broiler and feed them just once a day for 4-5 months, they will surely lay and and their weight will be minimal. Don't forget to feed them grower feed for just once a day
Thanks for the heads up
Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by rainmoredays: 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2023
Redomi:
I have a plot of land I use for vegetable farming. I plant efo tete and little okro. I used the poo from my chicken. It's very lucrative. I made average 2k everyday
Wow

1 Like

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by Redomi(m): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
Efo tete stem, that's my birds favourite.

2 Likes

Re: BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats by frozen70(f): 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2023
Redomi:

Pls how do you succeed in making yourr turkey go broody, I mean incubating her eggs after they have been layed

Mine layed eggs and ignored them at times they match on it and it gets broken

Whats the way out to make her hatch her egg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Needs Noiler Bird / Good Investment For Farmers And Investors / 14 Weeks Point Of Lay Pullets Are For Sale @ Apete, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.