Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 (14837 Views)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by ricadelide(m): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2007
championship point
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by ricadelide(m): 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2007
finally, its all over. what a thriller!
King Fed reigns supreme
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2007
Congratulations to the FeDexpress, what a worthy champion!!
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by ricadelide(m): 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2007
standing ovation
7-6, 4-6, 7-6, 2-6, 6-2
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by ricadelide(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2007
Nadal will regret those two 15-40 games at 1-1 and 2-2.
Anyways, he's coming back next year.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2007
the aces certainly saved the Fed today, if only Nadal could develop a serve like that he'd be virtually indestructable. Even the greatest do have weaknesses and hey thumbs up to Nadal, up to this point Roger hadnt even won a grandslam and Nadal has 3.
something tells me its adios for Roger after this yr, Nadal will be number 1 by the end of 2008.

34 straight games on grass and 5 straight titles in a row. . . you have to give it to the master.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2007
ricadelide:

Nadal will regret those two 15-40 games at 1-1 and 2-2.
Anyways, he's coming back next year.

exactly. if he had taken one of them it would have been all over.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by dinozzo(m): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2007
well Nadal gave it his best, he'll be back next year thats for sure hopefully with a better serve.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by dinozzo(m): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2007
when is the us open anyways?
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by ricadelide(m): 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2007
davidylan:

the aces certainly saved the Fed today, if only Nadal could develop a serve like that he'd be virtually indestructable. Even the greatest do have weaknesses and hey thumbs up to Nadal, up to this point Roger hadnt even won a grandslam and Nadal has 3.
something tells me its adios for Roger after this yr, Nadal will be number 1 by the end of 2008.
the reason he doesnt serve with so much power is because he is using his left hand to play even though he is naturally right-handed. i'm thinking with time he'd develop more power on that serve though.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2007
the serve Rafa, the serve. Take note uncle Toni.
Fantastic spirit of sportsmanship between these two champions.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by ricadelide(m): 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2007
dinozzo:

probably september
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by dinozzo(m): 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2007
a good tournament, very sad Nadal lost but got nothing against Federer, there is nothing to hate about him. Congrats to Federer.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2007
dinozzo:

august 27. Hard courts is more open, expect the Djokovic's and the Davydenko's.

ricadelide:

the reason he doesnt serve with so much power is because he is using his left hand to play even though he is naturally right-handed. i'm thinking with time he'd develop more power on that serve though.

he's certainly improved considerably on his serve. Last yr's wimbledon he didnt even have as good a serve as this one.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by ricadelide(m): 6:17pm On Jul 08, 2007
24 aces to 1 for Federer. that ultimately proved the difference.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by dinozzo(m): 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2007
So does anyone think Federer is the greatest on grass?
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2007
ricadelide:

24 aces to 1 for Federer. that ultimately proved the difference.

That was the ultimate difference my brother! Spot on!

dinozzo:

Not anymore, Rafa has shown that with a better serve he can compete favourably. All others na wa o. Tennis is now Federer, Nadal and everyone else.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by PDF: 6:30pm On Jul 08, 2007
dinozzo:

Of course yes, he just proved it once again.  Though, his reign is gradually coming to an end, no thanks to the more physically fit and tireless spaniard.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by dinozzo(m): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2007
davidylan:

That was the ultimate difference my brother! Spot on!

Not anymore, Rafa has shown that with a better serve he can compete favourably. All others na wa o. Tennis is now Federer, Nadal and everyone else.

but as you said, the hard court is going to be more competetive. Djokovic will be stronger there but I can still see Federer win. Remember the Aussie open, he started slowly then in the third round or fourth not sure which, he lost a set then bam!!! he upped his game and won the match and thrashed his remaining opponents to win the open. Made everyone else look like beginners, it was amazing.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by dinozzo(m): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2007
PDF:

Of because yes, he just proved it once again. Though, his reign is gradually coming to an end, no thanks to the more physically fit and tireless spaniard.
this rivalry is looking like Bjorg McEnroe rivalry years back. I hope it goes in the same trend grin.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by kitaun(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2007
ALL HAIL KING ROGER FEDERER

ALL HAIL QUEEN VENUS WILLIAMS
 cheesy  cheesy

am just too happy, words cant describe how I feel having my two favs win the Wimbledon titles!!!

My dad and I always disagreed on whether Venus would still come good, but thank God Venus has not disappointed me!!! U R D BOMB GURL!!!  cheesy

as for Federer, what else can I say? THE KING REMAINS THE KING!!!  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by doyin13(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2007
This was Rafa's chance. I can't believe he did not break in the fifth, especially as he seemed to have come to grips with the Federer serve.

I have a feeling someone else will show up on the scene next year. I bet Ancic or Djokovic or Gasquet(hes serve is improving and can make shots)

For the greatest ever, Federer's backhand certainly is poor and prone, especially to the high bounce.A two handed backhand or better backhand will murder that Nadal second serve. Federer kept having to move to the forehand.

Anyhow till next year.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by RuuDie(m): 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2007
Baghdatis really lit up dis tourney 4 me. He played much difficult opposition & was involved in d most thrillin 5-setters of d champs. Hope he can keep it up!
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by RuuDie(m): 9:11am On Jul 09, 2007
The Nadal - Federer 2007 Wimbledon final match has been dubbed as the 2nd greatest Wimbledon final match of all times . . . bested only by the B. Bjorg - J. McEnroe final !
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by viee(f): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2007
Ok guys, i know this is kind of belated but i got to do it for Venus and Nadal Fedexpress grin
grab ur drinkn glasses aight wink

Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by viee(f): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2007
Ruudie, i told ya to come join the winning team! angry
anyway, we have large heart, you're forgiven cheesy
David, Dino, ricald,PDF,tng, A-40, salm. . . 

more drinks guys  . . . . . . grin cheesy wink smiley

Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by PDF: 10:09am On Jul 09, 2007
viee, why did u strike out my name? u'r in the wrong camp, join the real winning team (at least for now)  tongue

Fed to Nadal:                                                   Take heart, you're getting there
I got lucky, you deserved it as well.

Show 'em haters  tongue
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by viee(f): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2007
oga PDF, sori but u can only get half glass cheesy
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by folanusi(m): 11:31am On Jul 09, 2007
surely Federer has etched his name among the Wimbledon greats. a magnificient 5th set comfirmed him as the king of Grass. Way to Go Roger, , Way to Go,
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by dinozzo(m): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2007
Hi viee did you drop off the face of the planet or something grin.The Fed express is aiming to equal the 14 grand slam record set by Samprass and I think he will and even surpass it with the way hes playing.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by viee(f): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2007
ya great game the final turned out to be
must say that Nadal really  'up' his game
but fedex truly deserved the title
as for the record, i feel that if Nadal continues the way he played will be more challenge to Fedex on grass

B T W, hv u taken a glass of d drink? grin
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 by folanusi(m): 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ Viee

i think Nadel has improved on grass in the last few tounaments, and the way he played in the 4th set was a testament that he can be more than a match for Federer in the near future.

i think he might just upset Roger if they were to meet in another Wimbledon final.

but we'll wait and see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

3 Killed In Football Match In Honduras, Former Celtic Player Among Injured / Wales Consider Changing Name Of National Teams To Cymru After Qatar W/cup / Odion Ighalo Joins Shanghai Shenhua FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.