Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? (317 Views)

Are You A Tech Lover...join This Facebook Group Were Its All About Tech / 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? / What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? by Timothy11(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
Just says anything you want to say from your heart. Your Opinion matters.

What do you think about technology blog in Nigeria, what are they missing — and how they can improved the tech blogging ecosystem in Nigeria.

Please your opinion matters.

SAY YOUR MIND.
Re: What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? by 10mobile: 4:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
In blogging of any kind, content is always king. But what many Nigerian bloggers usually get wrong is the fact that it's not just any content that is king. Rather, the kingship of any content depends on its originality and the value it ends up adding to the audience. Because of this, I don't see many Nigerian tech blog owners doing much in terms of creating rich original content. In the developed world where content is valued, they really invest in original valuable content - almost as if it is gold. I've met a colleague who wrote one article for the National Geographic for $50,000. That's how much people value original and rich content.

So, my advice is, even if you don't have money to invest in a tech blog, invest enough time in research and try to be as current as you can possibly be. Meanwhile, we write very good research-based articles (lol! Shey na why I de speak all this grammar? Yes).

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? by Timothy11(m): 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
10mobile:
In blogging of any kind, content is always king. But what many Nigerian bloggers usually get wrong is the fact that it's not just any content that is king. Rather, the kingship of any content depends on its originality and the value it ends up adding to the audience. Because of this, I don't see many Nigerian tech blog owners doing much in terms of creating rich original content. In the developed world where content is valued, they really invest in original valuable content - almost as if it is gold. I've met a colleague who wrote one article for the National Geographic for $50,000. That's how much people value original and rich content.

So, my advice is, even if you don't have money to invest in a tech blog, invest enough time in research and try to be as current as you can possibly be. Meanwhile, we write very good research-based articles (lol! Shey na why I de speak all this grammar? Yes).

Good I must say. When you talked about original content you mean rich and original, now for journalist or let say reporters who source news how would you classified their article writing.

You and I know that all publication source.
Re: What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? by 10mobile: 5:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
Timothy11:

Good I must say. When you talked about original content you mean rich and original, now for journalist or let say reporters who source news how would you classified their article writing.

You and I know that all publication source.
Original content doesn't mean it doesn't depend on sources. In fact, for any tech-based content to be rich enough, it must be researched. And what does research entail? It entails a lot of sourcing. But in presenting what you got from those sources, you must blend it into something entirely unique in your presentation - such that when you pass it through a good anti-plagiarism software, it will score high (at least 80%). That's when you are said to be original.
Re: What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? by Timothy11(m): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
10mobile:

Original content doesn't mean it doesn't depend on sources. In fact, for any tech-based content to be rich enough, it must be researched. And what does research entail? It entails a lot of sourcing. But in presenting what you got from those sources, you must blend it into something entirely unique in your presentation - such that when you pass it through a good anti-plagiarism software, it will score high (at least 80%). That's when you are said to be original.

Nice

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? by KrazyDave16(m): 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
Not a blogger but from my observation on most Nigerian so-called tech bloggers I see spamming here.

1. Lack of any decent content whatsoever. Majority here don't do due research on what they're blogging about, reading them leaves you with a big "?".

2. Too many copypastas. I can tell what blog they stole the content from (XDA, androidauthority, bloomberg and others). I don't click their link cos I know they won't acknowledge where they got it from and I'm always glad when I don't see their plagiarized blog entries. If you can't acknowledge who you copied from, don't do it. Even some renowned bloggers do this (Mishael from XDA does this if the story wasn't made public on SM, Weibo and leaksters paid subscription services)

3. They're not writing to capture the audience. Feels more like they're writing with the sole aim to make money (and they're doing a horrible job at that).
They don't follow up on other parts of technology, brands and products. It's always Transsion this, Transsion that. Is Transsion holdings the only company selling phone here in Nigeria? Apple nko? Samsung nko? Hell I can count with one hand the ones who covers them all despite their busy work schedule compared to the ones with free time on their hands.

4. The one that annoys me is when bloggers LIE! about the capabilities of a device. Many do this with hopes they'd get sponsored by the company but trust the sane Nigerians amongst us to ruin their chances.
Can't be having some dullard be at the helm dishing out misinformation about tech or overhyping tech/innovations from 2005 like it's new.

5. They don't follow these brands to get some information for their content. It's not like they're going to pay leaksters to have access to some info like renders, specs, release dates and such.
Free information o but they be acting like headless fowls when it comes to using it.

TL:DR - Be original.

Don't copy another blogger without acknowledging the source.

Write like it's a part of a fun hobby, not a chore that needs to be taken care of quickly.

Don't put your eggs in one basket. Cover other branches as well.

Don't lie/overhype a product. That's a sure way of killing your blog.

There's free information out there. Use it.
Re: What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? by atheistandproud(m): 8:36pm On Jul 11, 2021
KrazyDave16:
Not a blogger but from my observation on most Nigerian so-called tech bloggers I see spamming here.

1. Lack of any decent content whatsoever. Majority here don't do due research on what they're blogging about, reading them leaves you with a big "?".

2. Too many copypastas. I can tell what blog they stole the content from (XDA, androidauthority, bloomberg and others). I don't click their link cos I know they won't acknowledge where they got it from and I'm always glad when I don't see their plagiarized blog entries. If you can't acknowledge who you copied from, don't do it. Even some renowned bloggers do this (Mishael from XDA does this if the story wasn't made public on SM, Weibo and leaksters paid subscription services)

3. They're not writing to capture the audience. Feels more like they're writing with the sole aim to make money (and they're doing a horrible job at that).
They don't follow up on other parts of technology, brands and products. It's always Transsion this, Transsion that. Is Transsion holdings the only company selling phone here in Nigeria? Apple nko? Samsung nko? Hell I can count with one hand the ones who covers them all despite their busy work schedule compared to the ones with free time on their hands.

4. The one that annoys me is when bloggers LIE! about the capabilities of a device. Many do this with hopes they'd get sponsored by the company but trust the sane Nigerians amongst us to ruin their chances.
Can't be having some dullard be at the helm dishing out misinformation about tech or overhyping tech/innovations from 2005 like it's new.

5. They don't follow these brands to get some information for their content. It's not like they're going to pay leaksters to have access to some info like renders, specs, release dates and such.
Free information o but they be acting like headless fowls when it comes to using it.

TL:DR - Be original.

Don't copy another blogger without acknowledging the source.

Write like it's a part of a fun hobby, not a chore that needs to be taken care of quickly.

Don't put your eggs in one basket. Cover other branches as well.

Don't lie/overhype a product. That's a sure way of killing your blog.

There's free information out there. Use it.

Excellent. I swear if I had money, I'd definitely partner with you to write for my blog. Too much wisdom.
Re: What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? by KrazyDave16(m): 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2021
atheistandproud:

Excellent. I swear if I had money, I'd definitely partner with you to write for my blog. Too much wisdom.
Now that is a partnership I'd like but as you say, it's all about the money unless a sponsor/contract comes knocking your way.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tech Blog In Nigeria? by atheistandproud(m): 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
KrazyDave16:

Now that is a partnership I'd like but as you say, it's all about the money unless a sponsor/contract comes knocking your way.

We'll get there

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 12 Review / . / Smile 4G LTE For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.