Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games (9079 Views)

Nigeria Moves Ahead Of Egypt, Cameroon, Tunisia In Latest FIFA Rankings / AFCON 2022: Nigeria Vs Tunisia In Pictures / Onuachu Replaces Osimhen In Nigeria’s Squad For Algeria, Tunisia Friendlies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by robosky02(m): 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Reigning African champions Algeria have replaced Cote d’Ivoire as the opponents of the Super Eagles in the first of two international friendly matches arranged by the Nigeria Football Federation to be played in Austria in October, Completesports.com reports.

The NFF disclosed this in a statement published on their website on Friday.

Tunisia, rated number two in Africa and 26th in the world, will be the Super Eagles’ second opponents at the Jacques Lemans Arena on 13th October.

The matches fall within the FIFA window for international matches and have been approved by world football –governing body, FIFA and CAF.

The Federation Ivorienne de Football, on 22nd September sent to the NFF a letter regretting their inability to send a team to Austria for the game as earlier agreed, citing “internal problems.”

However, Algeria immediately accepted to face the Super Eagles on 9th October at the Jacques Lemans Arena.

This followed a phone call from President of the NFF, Amaju Melvin Pinnick to his Algerian opposite number, Kheireddine Zetchi.

“We have permission from our government to travel from Algeria to Austria and our country has reopened international flights. We also would like to confirm that FIFA match agent Me Jairo Pachon is authorised to carry on all the required work and planning in Austria in order to stage this event,” wrote Mohamed Saad, General Secretary of the Federation Algerienne de Football.

The clash in Austria next month would be the fourth between the Super Eagles and the Fennecs in three years.

Both teams were in the same qualifying pool for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, with the Eagles trouncing the Fennecs 3-1 in Uyo before a 1-1 draw in Constantine that mattered little as Nigeria already booked a ticket to Russia before that final-day encounter.

The two teams were again squared off in the semi final of last year’s African Cup of Nations in Egypt, with the North Africans edging it 2-1 from a free-kick just outside the box at the death by Riyad Mahrez.

They went on to defeat Senegal 1-0 in the final to clinch their second continental title.

On Friday, the NFF commended the Embassy of Austria in Nigeria for the dispatch with which the embassy attended to technical and backroom staff of the Super Eagles who are heading to Austria for the two games. All the officials have been issued their visas to travel.

Midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo, who has only recently arrived in Turkey from Spain to join top club Galatasaray, has already been issued his visa to enter Austria.

https://www.completesports.com/super-eagles-now-to-play-algeria-tunisia-in-october-friendly-games/

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by robosky02(m): 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
Super Eagles Out To End Algeria’s 18-Match Unbeaten Run

The Super Eagles will go into October 9 friendly against Algeria with the sole aim of ending the Desert Foxes’ 18 match -unbeaten streak, reports Completesports.com.

The North Africans last defeat came almost two years ago, a 1-0 loss to the Squirrels of Benin in a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.

Since then, the Desert Foxes have won 13 and drawn 5 matches.

Djamel Belmadi’s side recorded wins against top sides like Senegal, Nigeria, Tunisia, Mali and Colombia during the period.

The game will be first time the Super Eagles and Algeria will be meeting in a friendly.

It will be a repeat of the 2019 AFCON semi-final which Algeria won 2-1 courtesy of Riyad Mahrez late free kick.

Both countries have faced each other 21 times in official match at senior level.

Copyright © 2020 Completesports.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 27, 2020
Fvck Slow Eagles for now.

Adesanya my boy has made me proud again!
Skinny boy with a Lion heart.
Adesanya has beaten these monsters back to back, namely Whittaker, Yoel and he now seals it with Costa. I can now take him serious if he says he can fight Jon Jones.
What a great kid he is.
I'm happy as fvck!

Congrats Nigeria!
One good news in this sad period.

OneKinGuy can you now see the analysis I gave you yesterday.
Fight and analysing fight isn't a linear thing. You can't use criteria A to predict result B in fighting.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by tillaman(m): 6:19am On Sep 27, 2020
Whoop
That arse

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by updatechange(m): 6:19am On Sep 27, 2020
I wish the super eagles success but this Algerian players are very strong and smart the likes of Ryhad Mahrez bad guy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by brosom(m): 6:20am On Sep 27, 2020
Alright, no qualm.

These matches will determine if the Eagles have new strategy or not,

perhaps they need to reform.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by alphaRego01(m): 6:20am On Sep 27, 2020
With strikers from ASUU

Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by chybuzky(m): 6:22am On Sep 27, 2020
Nice one

Hope we go beat them all but Algeria dey ball sha
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by Aflix(m): 6:23am On Sep 27, 2020
We need to pay Algeria back in their own coin.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by tellwisdom: 6:24am On Sep 27, 2020
Wish I was chosen to come put a taste of distinctive class on the defense.

Most of these players have no beauty in their games. Just struggle and clear the ball out. No yanga, no beautiful touch of the ball, no mind reading tackles, no professional foul sense- Just squeeze face for field with heavy hot air coming out from their nose down to their yansh; kicking opponents at a full glare of the coach, referee, and the viewers. Football is sweet and easy when you know what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by BruncleZuma: 6:24am On Sep 27, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by sunnydike1(m): 6:26am On Sep 27, 2020
very good
correct score
Nigeria vs Algeria 2-1
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by ignis: 6:26am On Sep 27, 2020
Super eagles always perform in friendly matches and fumble in the main deal.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by adeniyi997: 6:29am On Sep 27, 2020
G
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by GreaterFuture1(m): 6:31am On Sep 27, 2020
GoodLuck to the Eagles... their way still long

If you have a decent Working Smartphone below 20k that works fine pls call me on 0807.105.679Four. Nigerian used or Old i dont mind, but it must have a good batrery, Ok screen, and Handle day to day performace tasks well.
Preference for redmi 5a, 6A or 7As
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by flexd99(m): 6:33am On Sep 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by chiedonedoor(m): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2020
Great one.
Acts 17:30 KJV
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Christ is coming soon
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by mainkendo: 6:38am On Sep 27, 2020
Kolovi shalaba
'He who plays better will win', should have been my statement but with my sentiment ; Nigeria
will win by 3 goal to 1.sentime sometimes turn out to be a real factor.
Kolovi shalaba.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by Abalado(f): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2020
Oshopikin and Obaseki round two,make oshopikin they prepare to chop another beating of his life,,abeg which team go be oshopikin and Obaseki,,ok like if u believe NIGERIA team will be oshopikin and share if u believe Algeria will Obaseki
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:41am On Sep 27, 2020
When are we going to get back to the Level of our SUPER EAGLES of 1994?!

The best EAGLES in the history of our darling nation.

Gingeeerr!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by Flexherbal(m): 6:41am On Sep 27, 2020
We wish them well!
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by lagusboyyy(m): 6:44am On Sep 27, 2020
Bring Portugal, Brazil, Belgium or any giant football playing country.

I just want to see the super eagles win, sport is what brings little succor to the hardship going on in the nation.

Just like ADESANYA made me proud today, i want the super eagles to put a smile on my face.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 27, 2020
I know super eagles would want to win only they can't win professional match.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by DenreleDave(m): 6:51am On Sep 27, 2020
I hope they broad cast it
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by Franc5: 6:55am On Sep 27, 2020
The desert fox of ALGERIA will bring out the best in the Super Eagles.it is a good replacement with cote d vior although i thought it time we test the Super Eagles with a much better side like MOROCO though they are not up there when it comes to FIFA ranking but their style of play can be liken to that of SPAIN.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by sylve11: 6:58am On Sep 27, 2020
It's okay cool
Re: Super Eagles To Play Algeria, Tunisia In October Friendly Games by realstars: 7:01am On Sep 27, 2020
Who Is Interestade In This Game?

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba / Snooker Pool Table & Table Tennis Table 08063530269 / The Remaining Quality For Eden Hazard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.