Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? (3574 Views)

Unrest In New Benin Market As A Hausa Man Stabbed An Igbo Trader To Death (video / Report: Buhari Regime Secretly Funding Welfare Programme For Boko Haram Commande / Is Nigeria Secretly Providing Weapons To Ambazonian Separatists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by femi4: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2020
Rosskii:
I will not be surprised if the NIGERIAN govt is behind this serious escalation in secessionist insurrection in Ghana via remote control.

Many Nigerians believe that Ghana needs to be taught a lesson.

They have become too arrogant and conceited. Always boasting about how 'peaceful' their country is, 'compared to Nigeria'.

Forgetting that it is Nigeria that has been guaranteeing that peace in the sub-region.

Perhaps they need this type of destabilization to humble them?

Notice how this 'Western Togoland' insurrection has arisen right after their recent harassment of Nigerians and their demolishing of part of the Nigerian embassy in Accra?

Let's see how this pans out.

The Ghanaian army is rated 28th in Africa, even below Burkina Faso.

I'll be surprised if they can handle any type of insurrection.

If Nigeria is secretly funding those rebels - and this map suggests they could be - expect an escalation.

A write up without head or tail.. .typical beer parlour talk

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Vyzz: 9:04am On Sep 27, 2020
Rosskii:

At last, an adult voice.

I think the FG could be wary also of that 'Year of Return' programme the Ghanaians did, welcoming thousands of Afro-Americans to Ghana, granting many of them free citizenship, free land etc, while chasing and persecuting Nigerians, and demolishing part of the Nigerian embassy in Accra.

Abuja would have looked at all that with raised eyebrows I imagine.

Come on...

Nobody will think this reasonable....

Naija gat alot of problem and is in a heavy financial debt... Oga calm down...

Naija has little to no influence over Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by baralatie(m): 9:54am On Sep 27, 2020
happy200:
you are creating unrest here in Nairaland by opening unreasonable threads.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by ChimaAdeoye: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
BankOfCalabar:
You're only being clever by half presenting Nigeria as having might. "Giant of Africa" is only talk but no action. The reality is Nigeria is a failed state and neither has the intelligence to carry out advanced espionage nor fund uprising in another country. Nigeria can't even protect it's territory.
lol...
grin grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rossinky: 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
BankOfCalabar:
You're only being clever by half presenting Nigeria as having might. "Giant of Africa" is only talk but no action. The reality is Nigeria is a failed state and neither has the intelligence to carry out advanced espionage nor fund uprising in another country. Nigeria can't even protect it's territory.

The reality is that you lack basic intelligence. If you had even a modicum of common sense, you would note that Nigeria is the dominant military and economic power in West Africa by an absolute WIDE margin, accounting for 75% of the sub-region's GDP, and quite possibly 70% of its total annual military expenditure.

You are truly dense if you think that Nigeria, the only West African nation to have consistently deployed forces far from its borders in numerous conflicts, is somehow incapable of funding a small rebel movement close to its borders, it just shows you are better off watching BBNaija, celebrity gossip, sports news, and dwelling in your self-hate.

Unlike you lot swimming in self-hatred, low self esteem, and inferiority complex, the Ghanaian authorities are DEFINITELY wondering if Abuja has anything to do with this escalation, and if they weren't, they would be extremely stupid and incompetent.

The claim that Nigerian ''cannot even protect its territory'' is truly illiterate. On what basis do you make such a claim? Boko Haram? Herdsmen?

Do you know that the combined death toll from those two groups is less than 1/6th of the USA's annual death toll from gun crimes, currently standing at 20,000+?

Will you utter then the smear that ''the USA cannot even protect its territory''?

Of course not, being a slave-minded self hater who sees no wrong anywhere else on earth but in Nigeria.

Please, if there are any adults left on Nairaland, as opposed to these mental midgets, they're welcome to contribute informed opinions on the subject.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rossinky: 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yujin:

I can go personal on you too but I'll withhold one more time. I say that Nigeria is too dumb to attempt such one more time.

Stop projecting your dumbness and self-hate unto 'Nigeria'.

In one classroom alone in Nigeria are people far more educated than your entire family, so your claim about the country being ''too dumb'' for anything is senseless. The govt is so dumb yet they are ruling over a Mr Smart, bottom-scratching wretch like you who 'knows everything'.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rossinky: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Vyzz:

Come on...

Nobody will think this reasonable....

Naija gat alot of problem and is in a heavy financial debt... Oga calm down...

Naija has little to no influence over Ghana

Spoken with typical zero common sense. The REASON a nation like Nigeria might interfere to disrupt Ghana will be to GAIN influence on the government there. So by saying ''Naija has little or no influence over Ghana'', you are merely confirming the likelihood of interference.

Many of you need to get off Nairaland and go study geo-politics and expand your worldview. You are like little children who think the world operates by your silly, uncomplicated daily prejudices.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by CanineOfJackal: 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Rossinky:

The reality is that you lack basic intelligence. If you had even a modicum of common sense, you would note that Nigeria is the dominant military and economic power in West Africa by an absolute WIDE margin, accounting for 75% of the sub-region's GDP, and quite possibly 70% of its total annual military expenditure.

You are truly dense if you think that Nigeria, the only West African nation to have consistently deployed forces far from its borders in numerous conflicts, is somehow incapable of funding a small rebel movement close to its borders, it just shows you are better off watching BBNaija, celebrity gossip, sports news, and dwelling in your self-hate.

Unlike you ignoramuses swimming in self-hatred, low self esteem, and inferiority complex, the Ghanaian authorities are DEFINITELY wondering if Abuja has anything to do with this escalation, and if they weren't, they would be extremely stupid and incompetent.

The claim that Nigerian ''cannot even protect its territory'' is truly illiterate. On what basis do you make such a claim? Boko Haram? Herdsmen?

Do you know that the combined death toll from those two groups is less than 1/6th of the USA's annual death toll from gun crimes, currently standing at 20,000+?

Will your rotten lips utter then the smear that ''the USA cannot even protect its territory''?

Of course not, being a slave-minded, self hating oaf who sees no wrong anywhere else on earth but in Nigeria.

Worthless.

Please, if there are any adults left on Nairaland, as opposed to these mental midgets, they're welcome to contribute informed opinions on the subject.
Seun lalasticlala let there be decorum here please. Insults shouldn't be tolerated here.

Twitter has more members but there is sanity there than here

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rossinky: 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
CanineOfJackal:
Seun lalasticlala let there be decorum here please. Insults shouldn't be tolerated here.

Twitter has more members but there is sanity there than here

Whenever you are defeated by rationality, common sense and intelligence, you start looking for people to be censored and shut down. But it is just fine to engage in your animalistic ethnic insults, slurs and smears like you people do all over Nairaland. Worthless.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Vyzz: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
Rossinky:

Spoken with typical zero common sense. The REASON a nation like Nigeria might interfere to disrupt Ghana will be to GAIN influence on the government there. So by saying ''Naija has little or no influence over Ghana'', you are merely confirming the likelihood of interference.

Many of you need to get off Nairaland and go study geo-politics and expand your worldview. You are like little children who think the world operates by your silly, uncomplicated daily prejudices.

Oh...

I didn't know we were quarrelling...

I still stand my ground...

Naija has zero to no influence over Ghana...

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rossinky: 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
Vyzz:

Oh...

I didn't know we were quarrelling...

I still stand my ground...

Naija has zero to no influence over Ghana...

Use the little sense in your head and stop talking trash.

What exactly stops Buhari from surreptitiously FUNDING a rebel group in Ghana?

Is it the money?

Is it that they don't know who those rebels are, or how to reach them?

Is it that they are too kind or nice to try such a thing?

Is it that they have no motive? (You can bet they do)

WHAT EXACTLY are you saying?

You people claim you went to school, yet you reason like toddlers.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by CanineOfJackal: 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
Rossinky:

Whenever you are defeated by rationality, common sense and intelligence, you start looking for people to be censored and shut down. But it is just fine to engage in your animalistic ethnic insults, slurs and smears like you people do all over Nairaland. Worthless.
I rarely post here because of your ilks who can't string up sentence without insults.

Let's meet on Twitter and I promise to take you to the cleaners with superior arguement

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rossinky: 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
CanineOfJackal:
I rarely post here because of your ilks who can't string up sentence without insults.

Let's meet on Twitter and I promise to take you to the cleaners with superior arguement

If you debate rationally, you will be debated rationally.

If you debate like a senseless he-goat whose only argument is ''Nigeria cannot do this because Nigeria is dumb'', then you will be debated like a senseless he-goat.

You cannot expect respect when you make such a ludicrous, kindergarten comment.

Come correct with proper, educated reasoning and nobody will insult you.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rossinky: 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kudejo:
Personally, I believe Ghana deserves worse than this and I will happily go there as an insurgent sent to help the people of western Togo land if I am ordered to do so by the Nigerian government but the fact is : Nigeria plays a strong role in peacekeeping across the continent, we regularly deploy troops to unstable countries and we have strong ties to the US, so funding a rebellion in a neighbouring country would be out of the question (but then again we closed our borders knowing it would mean the loss of 200million potential customers to neighboring countries so I can't completely denounce this theory)

Bro, every time I look at that map, it just screams 'possible Nigerian involvement'.

Whenever rebel groups suddenly start to flex more than before, it is usually because they've received new sources of funding/support from somewhere.

Don't forget that that movement has been around for a long time, albeit dormant. Now they've suddenly upped the ante, and taken it to the next level.

Sub-regional analysts are asking ''where are they getting this new funding and support from?''
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
Rossinky:

[s]The reality is that you lack basic intelligence. If you had even a modicum of common sense, you would note that Nigeria is the dominant military and economic power in West Africa by an absolute WIDE margin, accounting for 75% of the sub-region's GDP, and quite possibly 70% of its total annual military expenditure.

Unlike you lot swimming in self-hatred, low self esteem, and inferiority complex, the Ghanaian authorities are DEFINITELY wondering if Abuja has anything to do with this escalation, and if they weren't, they would be extremely stupid and incompetent.

Will you utter then the smear that ''the USA cannot even protect its territory''?

Of course not, being a slave-minded self hater who sees no wrong anywhere else on earth but in Nigeria.

Please, if there are any adults left on Nairaland, as opposed to these mental midgets, they're welcome to contribute informed opinions on the subject.[/s]
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rossinky: 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
^^^ Peabrain...people can still read the words..
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rossinky: 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nonymine:

You have no idea what a failed state is, so please delete this

You dey mind these pampered children? Someone needs to grab them by the balls and send them to Yemen, Libya, or Syria, so they know what a ''failed state'' really is.

Shebi dem still dey Naija dey drink peppersoup and isi-ewu with Gulder?

In Yemen and Libya, they will eat dog food, then they will grow some sense, like their fellow self-haters who ended up as dog food - eating slaves in Libya and Lebanon, begging the Nigerian govt to send them planes to return them home.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by jmoore(m): 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nigeria can't fund any rebel in another country.

Nigerian politicians prefer keeping the treasury into their private bank accounts.

Nigerian politicians can't fight for Nigeria.

Ghana is not falling.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Wizzzzmike: 12:07am On Sep 28, 2020
Rossinky:

Bro, every time I look at that map, it just screams 'possible Nigerian involvement'.

Whenever rebel groups suddenly start to flex more than before, it is usually because they've received new sources of funding/support from somewhere.

Don't forget that that movement has been around for a long time, albeit dormant. Now they've suddenly upped the ante, and taken it to the next level.

Sub-regional analysts are asking ''where are they getting this new funding and support from?''

Lol when I read your stupid comments my tummy hurt with laughter...ur a joke like that ah smh

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Yujin(m): 6:56am On Sep 28, 2020
Rossinky:

Stop projecting your dumbness and self-hate unto 'Nigeria'.

In one classroom alone in Nigeria are people far more educated than your entire family, so your claim about the country being ''too dumb'' for anything is senseless. The govt is so dumb yet they are ruling over a Mr Smart, bottom-scratching wretch like you who 'knows everything'.

Since you insist on being personal, I'll make it a point of duty to call you names whenever I see you moniker.
You're a nincompoop who thinks too much of himself. Your government has failed in all indices of development such that millions of the citizens are refugees inside their own supposed country. Your so called president is barely active and can't even hold a debate or face an interactive session with those he claims to be governing. Your premise for your government engineering the secession bid of western Togoland (Volta region of Ghana) is based on pure jealousy and envy of the present growth of Ghana. All you and your government know how to do is to cause chaos... no single way of constructively solving a problem. Hasn't that confirms her level of dumbness? Smart people look for ways of constructively facing a challenge and overcoming it without recourse to violence.
Shame on you. Your government remains dumb and can't put up any of such game. It's too complex for them. Let them continue with sponsoring the terrorism they so love inside Nigeria amidst their religious brotherhood.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Litmus: 11:09am On Sep 28, 2020
Nah, I don’t see it, history does not suggest this. Nigeria has always fought for Africa within her limited capacities. Africa, on the other hand, has often seemed hostile to Nigerians. If anything, Ghana is likelier to be part of those funding Bokoharam and affiliates than Nigeria funding separatists in Ghana. And actually, if out of character, Nigeria has anything to do with fomenting separatist movement in Ghana, it would likely be out of retaliation because Nigeria received Intelligence that Ghana or Ghanaians, along with others, are helping fund this Bokoharam iteration.

If there are outside instigators involved in the separatists agitation in Ghana, your best bet is the West. Ghana has been welcoming African Americans and threatening French finical institutions. The West are hostile to those African nations whose actions suggest a future of Black Unity and singleness of purpose.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by FarahAideed: 11:10am On Sep 28, 2020
I am sure the OP is a Buhari supporter ..they are the only ones who pray for hardship and downfall of others
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by nazicartel(m): 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
I don't think Nigeria will do that but God forgive me, if I was the Nigerian president, I pity countries like Cameroon, Ghana and SA... I will frustrate them tire plus all these countries insulting my people anyhow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akeredolu Wins Ondo Governorship Election / One Of These Two Men Is Buhari's Consensus Candidate (Pictures) / INEC going House To House to register voters In The North - Eyewitness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.