Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Ishmael Beah: Former Sierra Leonean Boy Soldier: A Long Way Gone - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ishmael Beah: Former Sierra Leonean Boy Soldier: A Long Way Gone (922 Views)

Boy Soldier- Tales From The War / The Soldier (A Boko Haram Themed Fiction Story) / Has Anyone Here Read This Book "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Boy Soldier" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ishmael Beah: Former Sierra Leonean Boy Soldier: A Long Way Gone by Islander(f): 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2007
@y'all

Yesterday I completed "A long way gone, Memoirs of a boy soldier" by Ishmael Beah, and I must confess that this book has significantly changed me as a person.

As a child born and raised in the Caribbean, I have never experienced war and had not a clue what it entails.  This young man's journey, his perseverance and determination have made me realised that life should not be taken for granted.  It also forced me to appreciate the little things in life.

For those of you who have not read this book or have never even heard of Ishmeal Beah before, I admonish you to PLEASE get hold of this novel today.  There are so many things going on around us and we need to be aware.

Grace & Peace,
Re: Ishmael Beah: Former Sierra Leonean Boy Soldier: A Long Way Gone by OmoEko1(f): 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2007
Oh that was the book you told me about,but will love to read it soon

(1) (Reply)

Social Enterpreneurship / Amazing Thread! / Write Articles For Online Blog And Make Extra Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.