Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West (42019 Views)

Gani Adams: Bandits, Kidnappers Have Relocated To Kwara, Kogi / NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi / Lagos, Kwara, Kogi Other States Get New Commissioners Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by yemmywesey(m): 12:36am On Sep 28, 2020
Sammy07:
kwara has 12 speaking Yoruba Lga out of 16, why is 7(kwara south) only demanding theirs

the remaining LGA are benefiting massively from the sulu gambari fraudulent Emirates system, which is sitting on time bomb in no distant time.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by yemmywesey(m): 12:43am On Sep 28, 2020
Ustec:

The Emir of Ilorin is now a yoruba-fulani grin

i don't think so, he still aligns with sokoto caliphate.
in my opinion sokoto caliphate must fall, blood and sacrifice of king yunfa and queen aminat shall never be invain.
indegenious hausas must take over their land from their feudalists Lord called ?.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by yemmywesey(m): 12:47am On Sep 28, 2020
me anticipating patiently for oduduwa republic independence.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by yemmywesey(m): 12:54am On Sep 28, 2020
hmohammed:
I am Kwara and from the southern part. I love to remain in the north for ever.

you are a tapa from kwara , please remain in the north for life, but all afonja, aku, yoruba, Oyo ile must be back to oduduwa republic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by yemmywesey(m): 12:57am On Sep 28, 2020
highbee02:

This is a fat lie, I'm from Ilorin South, we are going no where. Emirate is number 1

igbo-fulani spotted

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Chiedu4Trump: 2:52am On Sep 28, 2020
benn94:
who is the 8th?

Go google, he said He is Igbo recently ( Not Amechi)
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Imefonukoenin11: 3:08am On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Nobody: 4:13am On Sep 28, 2020
We need to be careful before allowing our betrayers to join back with us. Are we (Yoruba people) ready to forgive Kwara yet?
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by ThatFairGuy1: 7:05am On Sep 28, 2020
emmyileri:

Please can you list the seven kwara South that are Yorubas. I'm sure Irepodun and all Ìgbómìnà side will there
Offa Ekiti, oyun, ifelodun, oke-ero, isin and irepodun made up Kwara South.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by wink2015(m): 7:39am On Sep 28, 2020
The Yoruba ethnic group in Kwara and Kogi states has demanded a merger with their kith and kin in the South-West region through boundary adjustment.

The group, which occupies seven local government areas in Kwara South senatorial zone and five LGAs in Kogi State, in a statement on Friday, said it had forwarded a memorandum to the National Assembly on the platform of Kwara South Consultative Forum.

According to the National President of the forum, Pa Joseph Aderibigbe, who was the first Secretary to Kwara State Government when it was created in 1967, the group submitted a memorandum to the 9th National Assembly’s Committee on Review of the Nigerian Constitution, with a demand for the merging of the Yoruba of Kwara and Kogi with their kinsmen in the South-West through boundary adjustment.

The group added that the Yoruba in the group should have their own administrative units like others within the proposed Region.

It further demanded that the rest of the Yoruba in the remaining five LGAs of the state should be part of Kwara Yoruba to be merged with the proposed Western Region through a referendum.

The KSCF, in its memorandum, said, “The Yoruba of Kwara South occupying seven out of the 16 LGAs in the state and their counterparts in Kogi state were not given any say to determine where they wanted to be and who they wanted to live with before lumping them in with the Northern Protectorate, contrary to their right to self-determination as enshrined in the United Nations Atlantic Charter.

“The search for freedom, liberty, independence and self-determination for our people, born and unborn, therefore continues. We want a group and region to which we truly belong, where respect between us and others is reciprocal. We can no longer tolerate second-class citizenship, marginalisation and domination in a place and state that is supposed to be for all of us who live in it.”

On the country’s presidential system of government, Adereibigbe noted that it was very expensive for the country’s economy, adding that it was “insufficiently participatory” to satisfy the yearnings and aspirations of the citizenry.

According to him, this has led to the clamour by the forum for the return of the country to the parliamentary system of government.

https://punchng.com/yoruba-in-kwara-kogi-demand-merger-with-south-west/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1O91x-YynwM2UxGZ1b7666OPNvp6r7XXImV9oYr719CCXlAt_voBuug4w#Echobox=1601099777

What about Yoruba in Diaspora?

Benin Republic, Togo,
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 28, 2020
myobjective:

Kwara is a Yorubaland. No inch of Yorubaland will be left behind in the event that Nigeria disintegrate.
already lost to the Fulanis
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by oyatz(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2020
Onepeople:
we are saying the same thing, if you go through my post you will notice that I am in agreement with the yorubas in Kogi & kwara state on their request to be part of the south west,but the issue I raised concerning some set of people who will go as far as condemning the igboman when such is done from their own end, I am an advocate of justice for all, the hatred exhibited by igbo speaking tribes within the Niger delta region against their brothers from the east is based on the lies and fallacies carried by the same people that are willing to accept a certain people as their own, for example their is a media gang up against the fulanis in nigeria , most of the stories are exaggerated, no Nigerian will like to be referred to as fulani man that is the same fit igboman has suffered.the west cannot be exonerated from all the propaganda against igboman in Nigeria. I just hope u understand where I am coming from.

Oshiko Bunkum!

Who told you that nobody will like to be referred to as 'Fulanis in Nigeria'?

The West has no business with Igbos-Ikwerres-Ekpeye-Anioma relationship.

About 98% of the Yorubas don't even know that there's anything called Ikwerres, Ogba,Ekpeye or Anioma. We just call everybody after Bini, Omo Igbo (Igbo Person)

I only got to know about these people because I am bibliophic and like to read widely.
Even at that, I only learn more about this Igbo denial stuff from S/East people complaining about it on social media.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by jrusky(m): 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
tell them to reciprocate the same attitude to igbos too.

What reciprocate are you talking about? Bro listen and listen good for you to live your life free of grudges that hold no ground.

These people are seeking reunion with their kinsmen "NOT" seccession or break away so its 2 different thing.

They want to join their kinsmen as a sign of unity and love for their ancenstral lineage *BUT* on igbo case we are busying rejecting some God create human calling them "Osu". We are busy calling the Igbo that geographically fell to Delta State "fake Igbo" to marry them its a war. Bro one lunatic Igbo goat came here to even say Anambra are not Igbo they are from Igala land and so many Igbos here supporting him but when the village billionaire land grabber called Arthir Eze is in his Rolls Royce "oh the next you will hear is Igbo Amaka, then Anambra are no longer fake.

Bro truth is bitter but it heals. Untill we started telling ourselves the truth and kill that demonic tribal in our gene bro I swear no way forwar.

So bro demanding to truthful regional expansion is not same wifh seccession ok.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by oyatz(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
Onepeople:
brother most of us knows all this, but a system that needs restructuring is decaying and those who have the power to make a genuine change has continued to promote divisions among us, the people are left nothing but hope which has no direction. I believe is as a result of failure of leadership that has made most people continued to support divisions.

Why is it that it's only Igbos that always wail online that some people are creating division among them?

The Fulanis are carved into NW, NE and N/Central.
The Tivs are carved into Benue,Taraba, Cross-River and Nassarawa.
The Nupes are in Niger, Kwara and Kogi States, the Igalas are in Kogi and Anambra States and we don't see all these people wailing that the Hausas and the Yorubas are responsible for their fragmentation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Onepeople: 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
oyatz:

Why is it that it's only Igbos that always wail online that some people are creating division among them?

The Fulanis are carved into NW, NE and N/Central.
The Tivs are carved into Benue,Taraba, Cross-River and Nassarawa.
The Nupes are in Niger, Kwara and Kogi States, the Igalas are in Kogi and Anambra States and we don't see all these people wailing that the Hausas and the Yorubas are responsible for their fragmentation.
what is your point if I may ask? If an entire region is not comfortable about how and where they where carved in, don't they deserve the right to ask for they feel is right for them irrespective of what the Hausa,fulani or yoruba think about it?thank God you did not say is a section of igbos. Oga respect regional rights and opinion that is only way we can exist as people. Don't cajole any region into what they feel is not right for them.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by oyatz(m): 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2020
Onepeople:
what is your point if I may ask? If an entire region is not comfortable about how and where they where carved in, don't they deserve the right to ask for they feel is right for them irrespective of what the Hausa,fulani or yoruba think about it?thank God you did not say is a section of igbos. Oga respect regional rights and opinion that is only way we can exist as people. Don't cajole any region into what they feel is not right for them.

No body is cajoling anybody and I am 100% in support of the rights to self determination of the Igbos or any group to identify as anything they like.

However, it's wrong for some Igbos to always come online and be blaming the Yorubas as the reasons why Ikwerres-Ogba-Aniomas deny being Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2020
HopeAtHand:

Nicely written. Ikwerres have about nothing to gain as it is by aligning with Igbos. Not like the Igbos are at the helm of affairs in Nigeria and therefore the need for famzing. Let everyone bear their papa names on the interim. Ikwerres are fantastically fine in our current position.

When the gods thinks that it has become too powerful, then a day will come it has to be reminded that it was carved from the wood...

The ocean rumbles like the thunder but the effect of thunder is more devastating like that of the ocean.

It is only an Idioott that points to the fathers house with the left finger.

Ya diba.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Rashman578(m): 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

I was about pointing this out.

Of all the 16 LG, only Baruten, Edu, Kaiama and Patigi aren't Yoruba LG. As the post said, ONLY KWARA SOUTH made the proposal

Asa -Afon

Baruten -Kosubosu

Edu – Lafiagi

Ekiti – Araromi-Opin

Ifelodun – Shaare

Ilorin East – Oke-Oyi

Ilorin South – Fufu

Ilorin West – Ilorin

Irepodun – Omu-Aran

Isin – Owu-Isin

Kaiama – Kaiama

Moro – Bode-Saadu

Oke Ero – Ilofa

Offa – Offa

Oyun – Ilemona

Patigi – Patigi

Ilorin west is oja oba
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by HopeAtHand: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
Osagyefo98:

When the gods thinks that it has become too powerful, then a day will come it has to be reminded that it was carved from the wood...

The ocean rumbles like the thunder but the effect of thunder is more devastating like that of the ocean.

It is only an Idioott that points to the fathers house with the left finger.

Ya diba.

Keep your gibberish to yourself.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by PlanBIncome(m): 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
The entire kwara state land belongs to Oduduwa nation and will not be compromised or any part of the land be sceeded to northerners. Let the record be kept straight.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by ABULARdotCOM: 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Ustec:

The Emir of Ilorin is now a yoruba-fulani grin

There is nothing like Yoruba-Fulani -- you are either Yoruba or Fulani. Stop brainwashing yourself!

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by mannyiyke: 11:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
Juliusmalema:

These stories are stale. no be u go tell them of they are igbo.

this is 21st century

Since you didn't see where their leaders agreed that they're Igbos in my comment and where Nzeogwu coup was and is still called Igbo coup by Nigerians, then something is definitely wrong with your reasoning or you lack the ability to read and understand.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by oyatz(m): 6:58am On Sep 29, 2020
Alexis11:

This is just the truth. grin

Even those that are born and brought up in some parts of Kwara are guilty of same.

You have to keep reminding them that they are not in SW almost all the time. cheesy

Even people in the core North don't regard Kwara as part of the North.

When I was working briefly in Kano State and one of my colleagues was trying to let me know he understands greetings in Yoruba language. Then I asked him how did a Fulaniman from Kano learnt how to greet in Yoruba and replied that he served in Yorubaland. So I asked you were posted to Ibadan? He said no, he served in Ilorin.

Apart from the ruling elites in Ilorin who (correctly) have partial but distant Fulani ancestries and try to connect to the POLITICAL Fulanis for Gov't patronage/protections, most Ilorin people see themselves as part of the S/West.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Haykinx98(m): 10:03am On Sep 29, 2020
AllOfUsAtManna:
they are not real Omoluabis
yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas

The fact that you can't spell Yoruba correctly shows you're one of those people with Backward mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Haykinx98(m): 10:05am On Sep 29, 2020
MajohBankz:

So the east needs to join America because we have same religion ABI? Try get sense na. A people is the collective name for persons who share same culture, geographical area lifestyle and to an extent not necessarily religion

Then North will join with Saudi Arabia too
The equation don balance.That nigga is senseless,Don't mind him
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Haykinx98(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2020
Ademoore07:
MY TAKE: It would had been better if the yoruba speaking LGA in kwara share same boundary with their counterpart in kogi state. I will just approve them as a state if i were the president. But since the boundary is far apart, it wont be easy for the national assembly to oblige to their demand. By the way, how many LGA do we have in bayelsa state.

But they shared Boundary with Ogbomosho,Oyo State.So that shouldn't be a problem
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Haykinx98(m): 10:22am On Sep 29, 2020
hmohammed:

I am from OFFA and proudly one.

Last time I recalled that I visited Offa,People I met there are speaking Yoruba in fact I made like 5 friend born and brought up in Offa with their Conk Yoruba.So where did you pop up from with your Lips like danfo seatbelt.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by JaffyJoe(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Haykinx98:

Last time I recalled that I visited Offa,People I met there are speaking Yoruba in fact I made like 5 friend born and brought up in Offa with their Conk Yoruba.So where did you pop up from with your Lips like danfo seatbelt.

Don't mind him. Ask him whether the monarch in Offa is an Emir. Any place from A-Division to Offa Garage to Erin Ile and Ekiti Kwara is Yoruba land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
oyatz:

Even people in the core North don't regard Kwara as part of the North.

When I was working briefly in Kano State and one of my colleagues was trying to let me know he understands greetings in Yoruba language. Then I asked him how did a Fulaniman from Kano learnt how to greet in Yoruba and replied that he served in Yorubaland. So I asked you were posted to Ibadan? He said no, he served in Ilorin.

Apart from the ruling elites in Ilorin who (correctly) have partial but distant Fulani ancestries and try to connect to the POLITICAL Fulanis for Gov't patronage/protections, most Ilorin people see themselves as part of the S/West.

This is what people that has never been to the core-north don't know.

In many part of the core-north, if you speak Hausa with a Yoruba accent they will even laugh at you and called you this Ogbomosho or Ilorin man.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB / Massive Crowd As Presidential Aspirant Sowore Arrives Nigeria / Ekiti Election: Fayose Arrives Polling Booth, Casts His Vote (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.