Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West (41956 Views)

Gani Adams: Bandits, Kidnappers Have Relocated To Kwara, Kogi / NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi / Lagos, Kwara, Kogi Other States Get New Commissioners Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
justosee:
they are free to leave the North if not comfortable there.
they can migrate to any of the 6 Southwest states

Kwara is a Yorubaland. No inch of Yorubaland will be left behind in the event that Nigeria disintegrate.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ademoore07:
MY TAKE: It would had been better if the yoruba speaking LGA in kwara share same boundary with their counterpart in kogi state. I will just approve them as a state if i were the president. But since the boundary is far apart, it wont be easy for the national assembly to oblige to their demand. By the way, how many LGA do we have in bayelsa state.

Go and look at the map and also educate yourself about the geography of Nigeria. There you will see that these groups already have a common boundary.

The Okun people of Kogi share a common boundary with the Yoruba people of Kwara south.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by JaffyJoe(m): 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
loveth360:
Kwara is gone for good,They are not joining any odudufraud.

Kwara remains fulanis territory.

Get some education. Kwara was created in 1967 by Gowon military led regime. Prior to that time, it was known as West Central State. If things were done properly, some areas wouldn't be ignorantly lumped together. The Fulani grabbed ILORIN not all of Kwara.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kwara and Kogi are not SW states, as such they are not Yoruba. Some Yoruba people may have migrated into the zone many decades ago, but those states were historically part of the Sokoto Caliphate and are more Hausa/Fulani than anything else.

myobjective:

Kwara is a Yorubaland. No inch of Yorubaland will be left behind in the event that Nigeria disintegrate.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by ChengHun(m): 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
If their request is granted, Ilorin will no longer be the capital of kwara. secondly if u remove Yoruba towns from kwara, the rest are rural areas. I served in kwara and I discovered that the only urban centers in kwara are the Yoruba towns. If the Yorubas are merged with south west, then kwara would be 100% rural
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
NaijirianKing:
Kwara and Kogi are not SW states, as such they are not Yoruba. Some Yoruba people may have migrated into the zone many decades ago, but those states were historically part of the Sokoto Caliphate and are more Hausa/Fulani than anything else.

Your head is actually painting you!
Ilorin became an emirate in the 18th century. Before then, Since the 11th century Yoruba were ruling and living in Ilorin.

Ilorin doesn't equate Yoruba kwara, even at that over 95% of Ilorin people are pure Yoruba of Oyo stock.

Okun land was never under sokoto caliphate, they were rule by obas that traces their origin to Ile Ife.

The northern Nigeria as its today was created by the British and the Yoruba always know their history.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Oracleforce: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
loveth360:
So you are product protected sex(bursted condom)

Now i know you are unwanted child.

Just one condom! Just one condom could have prevented this e-rat from posted crappy comments...
Illegitimate child, you better ask your mother who your real father because you are presently calling a stranger your father...the earlier the better for your unborn bastard like you...

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
ruffDiamond:
well said bro,succinctly put.that's exactly what's happening.. the ilorin people are the problem, they've forgotten that AFONJA(the late aare ona kankanfo )was from Ife
,in south west Nigeria .a General serving under Alafin Oyo,Aole! just that his success in battle went to his head and hence ,his defeat by a more cunning Fulani normad ,Alimi..meaning that Ilorin was founded originally by Afonja ,a pure Yoruba man a and by today's definition ,a south Westerner! imaging one one stupid ilorin man (Yoruba o)telling me there is a place in Sokoto called Ile Sokoto!!omo ,I just weak for am!check out their name,mostly mostly Muslim! meanwhile, Afonja is a pure Yoruba name!it has serious meaning! unlike the Islamic one they were forced to bear..!imaging, how can somborry who calls him self Yoruba be answering name lime Rahman,Taju,Rashidi,Jimoh,Sule,Kashim etc! though, it's a mixed grill now,but the fact still remains that 80℅ of people from southern kwara are Christian! when someone said the Sarakis of kwara are Yoruba,citing the bukola included in his name, I just laugh at their ignorance,saraki is pure Fulani name and has no meaning whatsoever in Yoruba! it's like someone saying his name is Gambari Adeboye Al-rahman and saying he's Yoruba, pray,what s the meaning of gambari in Yoruba??the ilorin (Yoruba) people have inter married with fulani conquerors over the years and have lost the heritage, identity, preferring to align with their Master out of utter helplessness and lack of ball to do what's necessary to liberate themselves and return to their rightful place in history... sorry this long thanks

You don't know anything about Kwara and Ilorin people. I'm half Ilorin and I can tell you that most Ilorin Yoruba see themselves as pure Yorubas.

There are have been attempts by the Afonja family to take the throne back and many still see the King as a religious leaders.

Sarakis are not even from Kwara. They are from Ogun and Oyo. The question you should ask yourself is, how will a Fulani man named Bukola Saraki married a Christian from Ondo state. Gives his daughter out in marriage to a Christian from Ogun state.

Even the current governor of Kwara, Abdulrasak is married to a Christian woman from Lagos state.

One thing you need to understand about Ilorin people is that they are no different from any muslim from the south west. They are tolerant, practice core Yoruba traditions, have Yoruba mannerism and most of their elites are trained in Lagos.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Odingo1: 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
myobjective:

Your head is actually painting you!
Ilorin became an emirate in the 18th century. Before then, Since the 11th century Yoruba were ruling and living in Ilorin.

Ilorin doesn't equate Yoruba kwara, even at that over 95% of Ilorin people are pure Yoruba of Oyo stock.

Okun land was never under sokoto caliphate, they were rule by obas that traces their origin to Ile Ife.

The northern Nigeria as its today was created by the British and the Yoruba always know their history.
So you Yorubas know all this and you are calling Igbos land grabbers for uniting with their Igbo speaking brothers in south south.

Kwara and Kogi are Northern states, there is no indigenous Yoruba there, they are northerners and they speak northerners language. That some speak yoruba doesn’t make them Yorubas.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
NaijirianKing:
Kwara was part of the Sokoto Caliphate, it is a Fulani enclave, does this look like a Yoruba state? Yoruba may have migrated there very recently within the last few decades, but that doesn't make them the new owners, Kwara is a northern state, we have bigger problems in this country than settlers claiming to be of the soil.

Kwara is a firmly northern state.

Ilorin fell to the Fulanis in the 18th century while Ilorin became an Oyo military outpost in the 15th century. There was a continuous Yoruba presence in Ilorin for more than 1000 years before the first Fulani man knows his ways to Nigeria.

You either delusional or stupid to say that Yoruba are recent immigrants to Ilorin. Even the Emir of Ilorin knows that Yoruba is a Yoruba enclave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Emanodimo(m): 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
[right][/right]
Juliusmalema:

Those ones are now fulani.

wink wink cheesy smiley
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by loveth360(f): 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
Oracleforce:

Just one condom! Just one condom could have prevented this e-rat from posted crappy comments...
Illegitimate child, you better ask your mother who your real father because you are presently calling a stranger your father...the earlier the better for your unborn bastard like you...
I don't have time for child from Bursted condom.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
NaijirianKing:
Does this look like Yoruba land?? Exactly, my brother, this is clearly geographically, ethnically, and culturally a Northern State. We don't need people rewriting history to fit their narratives....

Even Abubakar Saraki stated that he was a Fulani man, whose ancestors came from Mali, and his family recently learned to speak Yoruba. The same way Fulani speak Hausa based on being around that language, but Fulani is Fulani, and Hausa is Hausa. Just because a small population there may have learned Yoruba, doesn't make the entire state Yoruba.

Ilorin people are majorly muslim and they have borrowed element of northerner culture but that doesn't stop them from being Yoruba.

Have you ever being to Ilorin to begin with?

If you haven't, I will be wasting my time going back and forth with you.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by JaffyJoe(m): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
NaijirianKing:
Kwara state is a Northern state, not a SW state, this thread is just making trouble for those in the middle belt. Yoruba and Yoruba sub-groups have the SW, but the middle belt is not the SW.

What makes it a northern state? Do you even know the term "North Central" does not exist on the cardinal point? It's just political gibberish. The fact however was that Kwara was called West Central State before 1967 fraud.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
NaijirianKing:
Let's not rewrite history to fit a narrative. I suggests you go to Illorin and tell the Fulani they are in your land and need to leave, they will chase you out of their land. It's only online that one can claim another's land.

SW is Yoruba land, Yoruba sub groups, and Ijaw all claim the SW. Illorin is middle belt, or NC.

I already go to Ilorin every year to know that Yorubas are the owner of Ilorin.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by kayzeesoft(m): 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
OmoManU:

That is actually where the real problem lies, out of the five local governments in Central, Moro and Asa are also core Yoruba speaking local governments who are also fighting to join their brothers in the south west but the three "also Yoruba speaking local governments of Ilorin" are the real problem mongers in the State who are lost with the problem of identity and unfortunately they had the most power and say
You got it right. Ilorin is problem. They won't cooperate. They preferred to be called northerner because of Religion. Mtcheew
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
hmohammed:

I have no problem with the Fulani. If you do, then that personal to you. Enjoy your weekend

My mother is from Ilorin and I was born in the core north. I will tell you that, whatever Yoruna that remain part in the event that Nigeria disintegrate will suffer.

In the event that Nigeria disetengrate the southwest will be 100 times better than the north and the opportunity to live in a Yoruba only country will be much better to become a third class minority to the mostly power hungry Hausa-Fulani.

For economic, social and political reasons, it makes perfect sense for the Yorubas in Kwara to join their Yoruba brothers in the southwest.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
NaijirianKing:
Exactly, you like others may visit and even decide to live there, like Lagos, many people visit and may even live there, but that land is not their land, it belongs to the host community and it is rude for anyone to claim Lagos who isn't in this group.

Likewise, Kwara belongs to the Fulani, but anyone can visit, recently people from the SW due to closeness have started moving there seeking greener pastures, which is increasing numbers of Yoruba speakers, but they do not truly own the land. Fulani are the owners.

Saraki even explained this.
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/09/20/from-the-archive-controversy-over-bukola-sarakis-ancestry/

Ilorin is my second home. My mom is from there, wife from there and most of my associates are from their.

Dotn worry, Ilorin is already a Yoruba land. An Osun, Ondo, Oyo and Ekiti will feel at home in Ilorin than even Nupes who even part of the state.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Timgreat31(m): 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
huptin:
I am happy with this but if the Ilorin people prefer to join the north please leave them, they seem to be suffering from serious identity crisis.

Very correct. They seem to have lost the memory of their background.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by ruffDiamond: 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
myobjective:

You don't know anything about Kwara and Ilorin people. I'm half Ilorin and I can tell you that most Ilorin Yoruba see themselves as pure Yorubas.

There are have been attempts by the Afonja family to take the throne back and many still see the King as a religious leaders.

Sarakis are not even from Kwara. They are from Ogun and Oyo. The question you should ask yourself is, how will a Fulani man named Bukola Saraki married a Christian from Ondo state. Gives his daughter out in marriage to a Christian from Ogun state.

Even the current governor of Kwara, Abdulrasak is married to a Christian woman from Lagos state.

One thing you need to understand about Ilorin people is that they are no different from any muslim from the south west. They are tolerant, practice core Yoruba traditions, have Yoruba mannerism and most of their elites are trained in Lagos.
don't know anything about kwara and Ilorin people? be grateful I even responded back ,.(cos it won't happen again) ,you think I'm yr generation right?
OK bye
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by myobjective: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
ruffDiamond:
don't know anything about kwara and Ilorin people? be grateful I even i responded back ,.(cos it won't happen again) ,you think I'm yr generation right?
OK bye

You are very stupid!
I'm very sure that I'm much older than you. Who the hello do you think you are?

Just because this is a faceless forum should not give you the audacity to come here to make baseless arguments and hubris.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by NaijirianKing: 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by JaffyJoe(m): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
NaijirianKing:
Exactly, you like others may visit and even decide to live there, like Lagos, many people visit and may even live there, but that land is not their land, it belongs to the host community and it is rude for anyone to claim Lagos who isn't in this group.

Likewise, Kwara belongs to the Fulani, but anyone can visit, recently people from the SW due to closeness have started moving there seeking greener pastures, which is increasing numbers of Yoruba speakers, but they do not truly own the land. Fulani are the owners.

Saraki even explained this.
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/09/20/from-the-archive-controversy-over-bukola-sarakis-ancestry/

A lie told a million times don't make it the truth. You didn't even say Ilorin lol but Kwara as a whole. When the chips are down & Nigeria breaks, everyone will find their square root.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Buhari Wins At Obasanjo’s Polling Unit - The Cable / FG Reopens Idiroko, Three Other Land Borders / New Photos Of Ahmed Indimi & Zahra, His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.