Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,423 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

New ICAN Syllabus Out! Effective March 2021! (see Changes) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New ICAN Syllabus Out! Effective March 2021! (see Changes) (2292 Views)

Will The New ICAN Syllabus Take Effect This May 2021 Diet? / New ICAN Syllabus / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New ICAN Syllabus Out! Effective March 2021! (see Changes) by jujufada: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2020
The Institute of chartered accountants of Nigeria (Ican) on 25th September unveiled the new professional examination syllabus. The new syllabus comes into effect from March 2021.

The review takes into cognisance the current realiies around the globe and has taken steps to plug deficiencies in the old syllabus. It is also understood that the review will be continuous biennial activity.
Re: New ICAN Syllabus Out! Effective March 2021! (see Changes) by jujufada: 7:37am On Sep 27, 2020
ICAN President DAME Onome Adewuyi, FCA Cutting the tape to Unveil the new syllabus, with her are: Prof. Ahmed Kumshe, Registrar/Chief Executive, DR. Felix Osuji mni, FCA, Council member and DR. Ben Ukaegbu, FCA, Deputy Registrar Technical Service.

Re: New ICAN Syllabus Out! Effective March 2021! (see Changes) by jujufada: 7:38am On Sep 27, 2020
@lalastica
Re: New ICAN Syllabus Out! Effective March 2021! (see Changes) by jujufada: 8:07am On Sep 27, 2020
ICAN SYLLABUS 2021...(My spot review)

The Institute of chartered accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) on 25th September unveiled the new professional examination syllabus. The new syllabus comes into effect from March 2021.

The review takes into cognisance the current realiies around the globe and has taken steps to plug deficiencies in the old syllabus. It is also understood that the review will be continuous biennial activity.

Some things I noticed in the new ICAN 2021 Syllabus

Things I noticed....

1. Blockchain and distributed ledger has made it's way into the syllabus. So fintech is now going to be tested. ( FA , FR, CR).

2. Short-termism and longterm long term goals modified also updated are non-financial performance Management for PM

3. Auditing of IT systems and using of IT audit techniques is also a part of AA and AA.

4. I also noticed that the examination structure has changed.

There will be....

Section A.... Compulsory 30marks

Section B....3 to answer 2...20marks each

Section C....two 15-mark questions

This means virtually every area of the syllabus will have an exam question testing the students...

I will say this is positive because you have a wider scope to get 50 marks from. It also means that after studying the for a paper you are sure to get a question from areas of your strength..

Dayveed
Re: New ICAN Syllabus Out! Effective March 2021! (see Changes) by Esaraprincess(f): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
jujufada:
ICAN SYLLABUS 2021...(My spot review)

The Institute of chartered accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) on 25th September unveiled the new professional examination syllabus. The new syllabus comes into effect from March 2021.

Some things I noticed in the new ICAN 2021 Syllabus

Things I noticed....

1. Blockchain and distributed ledger has made it's way into the syllabus. So fintech is now going to be tested. ( FA , FR, CR).

2. Short-termism and longterm long term goals modified also updated are non-financial performance Management for PM

3. Auditing of IT systems and using of IT audit techniques is also a part of AA and AA.

4. I also noticed that the examination structure has changed.

There will be....

Section A.... Compulsory 30marks

Section B....3 to answer 2...20marks each

Section C....two 15-mark questions

This means virtually every area of the syllabus will have an exam question testing the students...

I will say this is positive because you have a wider scope to get 50 marks from. It also means that after studying the for a paper you are sure to get a question from areas of your strength..

Dayveed

Please recommend ICAN center on the island. I need to register on time so I can prepare for the exams.
Re: New ICAN Syllabus Out! Effective March 2021! (see Changes) by addyjossido: 7:53pm On May 16, 2021
Get your ican videos and past questions at affordable price. call or whatasap: 08067863531.

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If A Girl Likes You (6 Signal) / Firsts In History Men {pictures} / ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.