Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,974 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. (19740 Views)

Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Six Important Things You Should Seek From God / Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by solostar1: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2020
Power to Love
That is the most important power the world needs. Love brings peace, harmony, respect...
Love for God, Love for neighbor and Love for self.

2 Likes

Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by BERNIMOORE: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2020
Akube1z:
Six Gift/Power You Should Seek from God as a born again Christian. It's a free gift to you .

1) Power to receive Revelation and Visions.

2) Power of the holy spirit.

3) Power to Prophecy.

4) Power to Speak in tongues

5) Power to Heal the Sick

6) Power to Cast out demons in the Name of Jesus.
It is sad that a Christian like you want to reach scriptural truth but can't attach Bible verses to back up your point

For the Objective readers... All these gifts has CEASED ...yes it has been prophesied by apostle Paul that it will stop.. As we are approaching the coming of Christ

1 Corinthians 13:8
New King James Version
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

Pentecost 33CE was where holy spirit was manifested and gifts where given to all the over 120 apostles....Paul was an eye witness and prophecy that it will fade off....so Christian has to work with Gods timetable No amount of asking of these gifts will suffice because it's purposes has been achieved... Thanks
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by mrksquare: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2020
The only thing I ask of God is to confer me with the power to make God money mbok.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by paxonel(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2020
Akube1z:

As a Christian that's the number one commandments of God
exactly
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by SeriouslySense(m): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2020
If there is one thing, i wish to recieve, is genuine Love of God and Love for my neigbours, but this is something we have to develop.

1 Like

Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by paxonel(m): 10:59am On Sep 27, 2020
malvisguy212:
you guys just love to say bad things about africa, as if you are not one, what has african done to atheiest ? any wonder why darwin talk of superior races. African are bless, the white admire our culture very well. indeed we are living in a generation without God .
i love Africa too that's why I'm saying the truth.
Take it or leave it, the reason why Africa is backward it's because most of our traditional values constitute little love for fellow mankind. That's why the op has failed to add love to the list of his important powers because he is a typical of African.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2020
I recently got the power to speak in tongues and it's a wonderful power of the holyghost.

1 Like

Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by ignis: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2020
The power of the Holy Ghost gives all.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by hecomeshome(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2020
Akube1z:
Six Gift/Power You Should Seek from God as a born again Christian. It's a free gift to you .

3) Power to Prophecy.

There's nothing like "six powers". We have just one power, and it's the power of God/Holy Ghost.
I think you should modify the topic.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by BERNIMOORE: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2020
paxonel:
i love Africa too that's why I'm saying the truth.
Take it or leave it, the reason why Africa is backward it's because most of our traditional values constitute little love for fellow mankind. That's why the op has failed to add love to the list of his important powers because he is a typical of African.
he did not even quote any Scripture
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by GodisFirst: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2020
Akube1z:

3) Power to Prophecy.

Also add
Power to avoid sins and lead a Holy life.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by mamaafrik(m): 11:57am On Sep 27, 2020
Akube1z:

The power of the Holy spirit is a power to guide us and to teach us the doctrines of Christ.
is that not word of Knowledge you are talking about,once you have the power of the holy spirit you'll beget all those you mentioned
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by mamaafrik(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2020
Bluezy13:

Is it Holy Spirit or holy ghost...
Which one in particular ??
Holy Spirit is the The improved way to call the Holy Ghost.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by paxonel(m): 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
he did not even quote any Scripture
it's because they don't read bible, the take the word of pastors for it grin

1 Like

Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Akube1z: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
hecomeshome:

There's nothing like "six powers". We have just one power, and it's the power of God/Holy Ghost.
I think you should modify the topic.
Ok.
I can'tmodify the topic.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Akube1z: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=WibusJaga post=94359230]

These powers will make you to go & open church.
The greatest is power to live above sin. [/quote.]
Power of Righteousness.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by reubenobi(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
darlenese:
I was born with 1 and 3

The rest I can only achieve through prayers
That's nice. Make use of it for it's purpose!
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Abujaexpress: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=Akube1z post=94355413]Six Gift/Power You Should Seek from God as a born again Christian. It's a free gift to you .

3) Power to Prophecy.

6) Power to Cast out demons in the Name of Jesus.[/quote And power over sins
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by SunTzu123(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
Two things (or powers) every christian needs;
1. The power to love
2. The power to forgive wrongs

1 Like

Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Akube1z: 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2020
Power of the holy spirit is very much Important .
just seek for the mercy of God , it is very important . God Mercy will let you obtain what you are not qualified for..

Check your Bible , you will see some people that God had mercy on . Even in this present day some people still receives God's mercy . Even if you're not filled with the holy Spirit, that can't stop God from Having mercy on you..Mercy of God is very important.

1 Like

Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Mrsoft3(m): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
delkuf:
The power of the Holy Spirit give you all this, if you are in that ministry

You dont have to be in a ministry to covet this powers it's more personal than you can ever imagine
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Mrsoft3(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=Abujaexpress post=94363738][/quote]

The power over sin is Christ in you, allowing the spirit of God find fullness in you will take away all fruit of sin from you. But Jesus Christ himself deals with the nature of sin
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by delkuf(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
Mrsoft3:

You dont have to be in a ministry to covet this powers it's more personal than you can ever imagine
You don't understand what I meant. Not all of are teachers or have the gift of prophecy. So what I meant by ministry is to be in a particular section where God has placed us and to use the particular gift of the Holy Spirit for that section
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Ezini(f): 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2020
Akube1z:

3) Power to Prophecy.

Evangelism??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Mrsoft3(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
delkuf:
You don't understand what I meant. Not all of are teachers or have the gift of prophecy. So what I meant by ministry is to be in a particular section where God has placed us and to use the particular gift of the Holy Spirit for that section

To be honest all Christian's are into ministry, ministry unto God,ministry unto men,ministry unto kingdom,ministry unto family.

It is very important Christian's understand this fact,it is true we have offices ( teacher, prophet,apostle, evangelist,pastors) this are forefront offices. But as a believer it is ministry for you to serve God,hence the need for this powers.

A man is first a priest in his family
A woman is a priestess in her family

And this office require power of prophecy,you need to stand in the gap and speak with heavenly authority that will manifest.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by MallamTriga: 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2020
Akube1z:

3) Power to Prophecy.

what about power of
discernment of spirits?
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Deejack: 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
Akube1z:

They spoke in different languages that the people understood. cool
Possibly dey did or not. But if they did. Why did someone asked if they were drunk??
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by AtoningBlood(m): 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
I really want to heal the sick in Jesus name.

That brings relief, joy and total happiness to the healed and the family n friends. Above all, having the gift of the the Holy spirit supercede all of those gift, with the power of the Holy spirit, you can do all other things.

Lord help me

1 Like

Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by AtoningBlood(m): 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
MallamTriga:
what about power of
discernment of spirits?

This one is so important in these days and times.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by Akube1z: 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ezini:

Evangelism??
People never made mention of this. But it is also very important.
Power to Evangelise the gospel of God.
Re: Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. by chrizzyace: 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Akube1z:

3) Power to Prophecy.

Thank You Op, but please can you attach some scriptures, that will help in praying and receiving these gifts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 9 Supernatural Gifts Of The Holy Spirit / Why Do We Have More Ladies In Churches Than Men? / Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.