Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now (749 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / Oby Ezekwesili: Bashir Ahmad Should Be Sent Back To School For Proper Education / Picture Of Buhari With 1961 Classmates Shared By Bashir Ahmad. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Luftwaffe(f): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a law in place against spraying naira notes at social functions which attracts a jail term? If yes, why is the Presidential Aide, Bashir Ahmad, not in jail yet?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12411732_fbimg16010182841404935_jpeg8b8d15483e79aa18fa492799e770695a

What the law says

Section 21 of the CBN Act warns against defacing the naira. It prescribes a fine of N50,000 or six months imprisonment or both for offenders.

“21. (1) A person who tampers with a coin or note with or trading in issued by the Bank is guilty of an offence and shall on notes and coins imprisonment for a term not less than six months or to a fine not less than N50,000 or to both such fine and imprisonment.

(2) A coin or note shall be deemed to have been tampered with if the coin or note has been impaired, diminished or lightened otherwise than by fair wear and tear or has been defaced by stumping, engraving, mutilating, piercing, stapling, writing, tearing, soiling, squeezing or any other form of deliberate and willful abuse whether the coin or note has or has not been thereby diminished or lightened.

(3) For the avoidance of doubt, spraying of, dancing or matching on the naira or any note issued by the Bank during social occasions or otherwise howsoever shall constitute an abuse and defacing of the naira or such note and shall be punishable under Sub-section (1) of this section,” part of the Act states.

The law further clarifies the term “spraying in Section 21(5):

“(i) “Matching” includes spreading scattering or littering of any surface with any naira notes or coins and stepping thereon, regardless of the value, volume, occasion or intent.

“(ii) “spraying” includes adorning, decorating or spraying anything or any person or any part of any person or the person of another with naira notes or coins or sprinkling or sticking of the naira notes or coins in a similar manner regardless of the amount, occasion or the intent.”

Why was FG social distancing & COVID-19 protocols flouted in this gathering?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12410494_screenshot20200927000532_jpegb51ea1d7395f8cc73a77450cba55e310

I know I'm a hater, but the Constitution should apply for both the rich & poor. If this law cannot be enforced, it should be completely taken off the Constitution.
Thanks.
Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Arrewa: 9:35am On Sep 27, 2020
Op why are you in pains??

Why are you bitter??

Instead of ranting on Nairaland...why not contact Reno via Twitter to set up petition for you bigots to sign so that Bashir Ahmad will be Arrested and jailed??

All I have to say to you right now is Hausafulani Amaka!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Lanretoye(m): 9:44am On Sep 27, 2020
never do good bitter life person...admitting you are a hater makes it worst,better don’t contemplate suicide otherwise you just die for nothing.
Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Luftwaffe(f): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
Arrewa:

Why are you bitter??

Instead of ranting on Nairaland...why not contact Reno via Twitter to set up petition for you bigots to sign so that Bashir Ahmad will be Arrested and jailed??

All I have to you right now is Hausafulani Amaka!!

Lanretoye:
never do good bitter life person...admitting you are a hater makes it worst,better don’t contemplate suicide otherwise you just die for nothing.

Bashir Ahmad broke the law. Yes or No?
That should be the only debate here. Put your emotions aside & be logical.

1 Like

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by psucc(m): 10:19am On Sep 27, 2020
So sorry, Nigerian laws are only for the poor, unconnected and dissidents.
The opposite holds for the rich.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by seunmsg(m): 10:22am On Sep 27, 2020
Dear OP, do something meaningful with your time and stop hating. Your post is extremely ridiculous and shameful. Purge yourself of the hatred eating you up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Luftwaffe(f): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2020
seunmsg:
Dear OP, do something meaningful with your time and stop hating. Your post is extremely ridiculous and shameful. Purge yourself of the hatred eating you up.

Do not allow your political affiliations cloud your logic. I could have as well call out GEJ (if that makes you happy) but I don't have any evidence of naira spraying at his public function after that law was enacted.

My thread is about legal equality for the rich & poor.

5 Likes

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 27, 2020
Arrewa:

Why are you bitter??

All I have to you right now is Hausafulani Amaka!!

Zombie, did he run foul of the law, yes or no??
Don't be a bloody hypocrite

4 Likes

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by seunmsg(m): 10:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Luftwaffe:

Do not allow your political affiliations cloud your logic. I could have as well call out GEJ (if that makes you happy) but I don't have any evidence of naira spraying at his public function after that law was enacted.

Can you mention just one poor or rich man that had been jailed since the law was enacted?

Spare me the legal bullshit and GEJ talk, the motivation behind this thread is hatred for Buhari and those working for him. Stop the hate, it kills.

1 Like

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Luftwaffe(f): 10:33am On Sep 27, 2020
Azmanaty03:

Zombie, did he run foul of the law, yes or no??
Don't be a bloody hypocrite

That's exactly what I'm after, not about the person involved. His office approved those laws, yet he is breaking them. Sad. cry

2 Likes

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Luftwaffe(f): 10:34am On Sep 27, 2020
seunmsg:

Can you mention just one poor or rich man that had been jailed since the law was enacted?

Good question.

This means that the law is not functional & should be officially scrapped.

1 Like

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Luftwaffe(f): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2020
seunmsg:

Spare me the legal bullshit and GEJ talk, the motivation behind this thread is hatred for Buhari and those working for him. Stop the hate, it kills.

You cannot possibly know whether I love or hate Buhari sitting behind your keyboard.
Let us work with facts here. The only fact staring us in the face is that a presidential staff flouted the Constitution.

1 Like

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by ivandragon: 10:40am On Sep 27, 2020
Luftwaffe:

You need to understand that some people only support the law of the land when it suits their bigoted narratives.

Supporters of PMB are a special breed of hypocrites... Shameless & petty...

1 Like

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2020
seunmsg:

U are not even smart by half. Listen to yourself and hear ur argument.. all these ApC zombies sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by seunmsg(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2020
Azmanaty03:

U are not even smart by half. Listen to yourself and hear ur argument.. all these ApC zombies sef undecided

When we do politics, we do it based on democratic principles and not crass hatred. Spraying money at parties is part of our tradition in Nigeria. You won’t catch me calling for the jailing of someone spraying money at parties no matter how much I dislike the person’s politics.

Below is a link showing how Dino Melaye and other PDP rogues sprayed money like pure water at his mother’s burial. Show me where you, the OP and other hypocritical wailers on this thread called him out and demanded that he be jailed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_20xGo5zME

1 Like

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by adedayoa2(f): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2020
OP rest abeg, 99% of Nigerians should be in jail.
Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by QuotaSystem: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Smh

Bitterleaf people.

1 Like

Re: Why Bashir Ahmad Should Be In Jail By Now by Luftwaffe(f): 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
seunmsg:

When we do politics, we do it based on democratic principles and not crass hatred. Spraying money at parties is part of our tradition in Nigeria. You won’t catch me calling for the jailing of someone spraying money at parties no matter how much I dislike the person’s politics.

Below is a link showing how Dino Melaye and other PDP rogues sprayed money like pure water at his mother’s burial. Show me where you, the OP and other hypocritical wailers on this thread called him out and demanded that he be jailed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_20xGo5zME

Good.
So Dino Melaye has also broken this law. He & Bashir Ahmad should be tried & possibly jailed.
If they can't be prosecuted, the law should be repealed.

Simple.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria@60 In A Poem. / Final Ondo Election Results Out - Akeredolu Leads. / Anonymous Claims To Hack FG Websites As Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Endorsed Endsars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.