Stats: 3,154,990 members, 7,825,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone (1627 Views)

When We Thought Under Display Camera Tech Was Impossible..zte Has Surprised Us / Infinix S5 Pro - The Cheapest Motorized Pop Up Camera Smartphone / My Dream Phone Has Finally Come To Life, unveiling the best camera smartphone (2) (3) (4)

ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by Tunex252(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
The ZTE Axon 20 5G is the world’s first smartphone with an under-display camera and it comes with an under-display fingerprint scanner as well. ZTE Axon 20 5G sports a 6.92-inch OLED display and four rear cameras.

System Information
Network format
FDD/TDD/UMTS/GSM

System platform
Android Q

Audio system
DTS

Hardware information
Processor
T618

Storage
6GB RAM + 128GB ROM

Extension
2T

Battery capacity
4220mAh

External view
Display
6.92”OLED FHD+(2460×1080)

Color
Black, Orange, Blue, Purple

Dimension
172.1×77.9×7.98mm

Camera
Front camera
32M

Rear camera
64M+8M+2M+2M

Features and services
Interface
Type C

Wireless connections
WIFI/BT

Inductor
accelerator、approximator/light sensor、compass

Positioning system
GPS/A-GPS/Beifou/GLONASS

Others
Camera under screen;Fingerprint under screen;Receiver under screen;Light sensor under screen

Source: https://www.ztedevices.com/en/product/zte-axon-20-4g/

Lalasticlala

Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by Petersamuel8(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
Innovation at its peak, beautiful phone
Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by Jafar1: 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2020
Now the smartphone companies are really facing competitions..
Best for the consumers sha..

Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by PurestBoy(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2020
Under display?? What does that mean?
Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by NuclearReactor: 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
PurestBoy:
Under display?? What does that mean?
simply means that the front camera is invisible, you can't see it

Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by witnezHD(m): 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
Who cares
Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by Peterjnr123: 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
witnezHD:
Who cares

I don't know oooo
Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by chiefbuchiV12(m): 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
What's under- display abeg
Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by KrazyDave16(m): 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
chiefbuchiV12:
What's under- display abeg
Er it's something under the display or under the screen if you must.

In the camera case, a portion of the screen goes transparent whenever the camera is triggered in any way (for face unlock, selfie, verification...).

Don't know how it fully works as different OEMs have their own methods but the general idea is it has something to do with OLED screens being built and calibrated with a type of film that absorbs electric charge(s) that causes it to go transparent.

It wasn't made commercial until now due to some challenges from the OLED screen to use, the film and regulating the amount of electric charge so as not to ruin the screen color calibration, improve the life span of the screen or cause electrocution.
ZTE probably fixed them but I'm curious on how they went about it.

Hope this helps you and others coming to read this.

Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by oscillation55(m): 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by NuclearReactor: 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
witnezHD:
Who cares
Peterjnr123:

I don't know oooo
Tech Enthusiasts like us do!!
Imagine the possible uses if this tech is perfected!! shockedshocked

Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by NuclearReactor: 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Er it's something under the display or under the screen if you must.

In the camera case, a portion of the screen goes transparent whenever the camera is triggered in any way (for face unlock, selfie, verification...).

Don't know how it fully works as different OEMs have their own methods but the general idea is it has something to do with OLED screens being built and calibrated with a type of film that absorbs electric charge(s) that causes it to go transparent.

It wasn't made commercial until now due to some challenges from the OLED screen to use, the film and regulating the amount of electric charge so as not to ruin the screen color calibration, improve the life span of the screen or cause electrocution.
ZTE probably fixed them but I'm curious on how they went about it.

Hope this helps you and others coming to read this.
lol cheesygrin
that was a horribly terrible way to explain that stuff

Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by KendrickAyomide: 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
I knew this was coming.. I love it

Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by Facidio: 6:39am On Sep 28, 2020
How much.... I Wan buy am
Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by KrazyDave16(m): 7:00am On Sep 28, 2020
NuclearReactor:

lol cheesygrin
that was a horribly terrible way to explain that stuff

I see the mistake.
No point changing it, can't be having some copy-paste blogger using this without making any effort on research for his/her blog entry.

And I believe the key parts used here are 2 films - organic (OLED) and inorganic (no idea which one this is) - used for this screen.
Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 28, 2020
Hmmm impressive
Re: ZTE Axon 20 5G: The World First Under-display Camera Smartphone by Peritome: 8:32am On Sep 28, 2020
Price please?

Best Android Phone Below 50k / What Redmi Phones Can I Buy 6gb 128gb Under 85k / Phone Prices