Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,721 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) (34223 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by greatme2good(f): 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
Awwwn this is lovely.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
My MB just wasted sad
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
meobizy:
A contemporary famous woman without bikini pictures of any sort, is that one a contemporary famous woman? Mscheew.
El Stupido

That's your name for this post.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Edusouls(m): 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
Those parents are fools
EdmundChidera:
she should also allow her to speak Igbo well enough because most igbos nowadays doesn't teach their kids the Igbo language especially those outside igbo zones. In fact some Igbo parents even in Igbo zones doesn't allow their woke kids to speak Igbo. Igbo amaka anyways
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by smile11s(m): 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
cristen:
Should we now say IGBOAMAKA?

Yes o. In fact scream it! Igbo amaka!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by warriboii: 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Awesome. Anambra brain and beauty, speaking the original Anambra igbo. Cool

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by EdmundChidera(m): 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
some even go to an extent to beat their kids if they speak Igbo believing that speaking it makes you local and timid. Funny thing is that they interact with others in Igbo bit doesn't want their kids to speak it
Edusouls:
Those parents are fools
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by sabbiboi: 6:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
Very fine author.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by MartinCorridon: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
Organicist95:
Where is her husband grin

Washing dishes. cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Swinger60(f): 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
winkmart:
The Igbos are good people with great hospitality. I served in Awka and it was a good time. I rarely pay in restaurants. I was quite young and most indigenes were thrilled to see a cute young corper like me...they showered me with gifts everywhere grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I can also say the same thing about yorubas too.

The love was overwhelming, they made me fell in love with amala. I don't eat it with gberi sha, don't like the beans soup. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by prince2pac(m): 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
winkmart:
The Igbos are good people with great hospitality. I served in Awka and it was a good time. I rarely pay in restaurants. I was quite young and most indigenes were thrilled to see a cute young corper like me...they showered me with gifts everywhere grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Anambra is one of the best place to serve as a copper... they love Copper's eh.. free free things

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Enice(m): 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
Jesus! is this thing deserving of front page? a mother praising her daughter? ah! When has this become news or is it because she is igbo ? Maybe I should be on front page too when I praise my son.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by chaloskyx: 7:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
naa its more like American amaka
Shuubbee:
Igbo amaka
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by CaptVerida(m): 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
Wow I Love them
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Crochet: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nice igbo amaka
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by NSK4U(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2020
Just like Dr Iweala, she is well cultured. God bless Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by o42austino(m): 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
My Elder sis and her husband had four kids(three boys and a girl) in America, they have not been to Nigeria but, they speak Igbo and write Igbo better than me, If I call them and speak English to them they will reply me with Igbo. My Inlaw made it a law in his house that you can speak English outside but, once u enter his house must only speak Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by mightyhazel: 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
nice one.. nothing melts my heart than seeing kids communicate fluently in local tongues..

its always a criteria for children to win gifts each time i entertain..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Iceyjayz: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lovely
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
luscioustrish:
My favorite author... Americana is still evergreen
Igbo Amaka kiss
you need to read purple hibiscus
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by big7: 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
Offpoint1:
My problem right now: why is one comment not always enough for that BBGriller on every thread?

How can someone be commenting 3 to 6 times on a single thread? I don't get it... What manner of "Notice me" is that? Is there some sort of reward for it?

That dude is just stupid nothing more than that
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Hathor5(f): 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
She is blessed to have a mother like this. The sky is the limit.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Hathor5(f): 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
Enice:
Jesus! is this thing deserving of front page? a mother praising her daughter? ah! When has this become news or is it because she is igbo ? Maybe I should be on front page too when I praise my son.

This woman is one of the most successful contemporary African writers world-wide. If you achieve this level of fame, we will be interested in you praising your son too.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by pocohantas(f): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hathor5:
She is blessed to have a mother like this. The sky is the limit.

Very blessed!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by stevebond007(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
Obalatule:
Any Igbo parent that fails to raise their kids with igbo language from the very first is putting them at a great disadvantage by forcing them to learn such a morphologically and phonetically complex language from the Outside later in their life.......it can be hard and frustrating as I've been told.

Instruct your Igbo kids in their native language from the onset, they will thank you for it later in their lives

You right. All parents should speak their language to their kids. Africa is not Europe.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by bukatyne(f): 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
No interpretation so we can enjoy the praises? Is this like family oriki in Yoruba?

To think she once expressed displeasure over Hilary Clinton describing herself as a mother or wife: I can't remember which now.

I hope she reaches out to Barack Obama too: he has dad and husband on his Instagram bio before president.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Oritsewhandey(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
winkmart:
Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies.
They are so INTOLERANT. INTEMPERATE.
SELFISH & AND SO LOUDLY ARROGANT.
Dig that man!
Eat free in their restaurants? People that can kill for money?
How many other Nigerians, live in their place?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC / My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie / In The Name Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.