Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu (16792 Views)

CAF, NFF, United Celebrate Ighalo At 31 / Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates His 33rd Birthday, Gets Wishes From CAF, NFF / Iwobi's 24th Birthday: NFF, CAF, Everton Send Birthday Wishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by robosky02(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
The Nigeria Football Federation and the Confederation of Africa Football have sent birthday wishes to former Super Eagles defender Uche Okechukwu who turned 53 on Sunday, Completesports.com reports.

Both football governing bodies sent their wishes via Twitter handle.

“Happy birthday to former @NGSuperEagles skipper “The Gentle Giant” Uche Okechukwu. Afcon94 winner and Olympic gold medalist. Have a good one,” NFF wrote.

And according to CAF: “Happy Birthday to former international Uche Okechukwu.

“The Nigerian defender won the 1994 #TotalAFCON with the Super Eagles.”

Born in Lagos , Okechukwu started his career playing for Flash Flamingoes and Iwuanyanwu Nationale, winning the 1988 and 1989 Nigeria Premier League with the latter.

In July 1990 he moved abroad to join Danish club Brøndby IF , being signed by newly appointed coach Morten Olsen alongside teammate Friday Elahor.

Okechukwu helped Brøndby win the 1990 and 1991 Danish championship, and was one of the mainstays of the squad that reached the semifinals of the 1990–91 UEFA Cup.

He made his Super Eagles debut in 1990 scored three goals in 47 appearances before retiring from international in 1998.

During his time with the Eagles, he appeared at three AFCONs in 1990, 1992 and 1994 and was a member of the side to the 1994 and 1998 World Cups.

Also, he helped Nigeria win the 1994 AFCON and gold at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic games.
https://www.completesports.com/caf-nff-send-birthday-greetings-to-ex-eagles-star-okechukwu/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Na BBNaija thread I want angry

Anyway,,,,

Happy Birthday to the celebrant

5 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by folarr(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nice
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by robosky02(m): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
Uche okechukwu in pictures

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Hoojay(f): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
Great!

Lagos and Abuja as usual as e dey hot grin

Only for smart dudes kiss

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Uyi168: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
U guys see what I was saying..
Real matches are here. Napoli put 6 past Genoa and oshimen is not even on the score sheet.. embarassed

10 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by twilliamx(m): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
Happy birthday boss..

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by NAMAS(m): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
HBD Skipo!!

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by momodub: 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by IamWonderful: 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
nice happy birthday

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Tab4kids(f): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
cry

Affordable kids educational android tablets. Call ow Whatsapp on 070 6180 9819
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Emilo14: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
kk
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by daddytime(m): 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
Na these ones play ball. Those kind people wey you go dey their team fear no go let you call them by their first name. If you want make dem pass ball to you, you go say " Brother, abeg pass".

Even when we dey primary and secondary school those days, na so so brother dem wey gather hair for leg and chin dey be our classmates. Those bros dem use me copy note tire

If teacher ask dem question wey dem eff up, if you laff you don die.

Na so one nearly butcher one of our teacher oh. E say the teacher no fear come flog am. School dismiss on top this matter oh.

Happy birthday to a true patriot and a gentle giant indeed. So sad your defense partner Uche Okafor took his own life.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Enudapan: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Odogwu my man

1 Like

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by bernard1000001(m): 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
hbd legend....i remember this guy can gamble at defense like pique but him try sha...he has a good record though

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Burgerlomo: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
HBD, I wish you long life and good health.

1 Like

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Maranzano(m): 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
Uche was a very reliable defender. I enjoyed his doggedness in the backline during his playing days in the national team

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by uromii: 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
nice one

1 Like

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by bigdammyj: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
Happy birthday Sir.

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by excel101(m): 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
Happy birthday to the legend

1 Like

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Cyriloha(m): 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
Uyi168:
Real matches are here. Napoli put 6 past Genoa and oshimen is not even on the score sheet.. embarassed

He assisted

1 Like

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Cryptofxt10: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
Great
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by updatechange(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Happy born day. The big 5
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by saheedbadmus(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hbd living legend.. ..

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Hambivert: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Sparogatively, I wish the gentle giant a happy birthday too!

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Hushpuppies(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Happy birthday uche

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Eryyy92: 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2020
Uyi168:
E shock you?
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Uyi168: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
Eryyy92:
E shock you?
Shock me o
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by chybuzky(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
HBD
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by crossfm: 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
This guy was a pillar in super eagles defence.

Happy birthday sir,you are a living legend.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tuchel Names Chelsea’s Squad To Face Everton At Stamford Bridge / Finidi George Offers To Coach Golden Eaglets For Free / Victor Osimhen Wins Nairaland Nigeria Football Fans Player Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.