Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu (16816 Views)

CAF, NFF, United Celebrate Ighalo At 31 / Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates His 33rd Birthday, Gets Wishes From CAF, NFF / Iwobi's 24th Birthday: NFF, CAF, Everton Send Birthday Wishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by robosky02(m): 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
grin

The defensive pairing of Taribo West and Uche Okechukwu was feared by strikers not just on the continent but the world in general. The duo didn’t play as central pair for a long time but their partnership helped Nigeria win the 1996 Olympic Games.

With a line up that included Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Japan and hosts USA, the (Dream Team 1) erased all predictions and wrote their names in the Book of Life.

This wouldn’t have been possible without the understanding at the back between Uche Okechukwu (Gentle Giant) and Taribo West (Rugged Man). They made the well known Ronaldo De Lima, Rivaldo, Bebeto, Claudio Lopez and Ariel Ortega looked ordinary as Nigeria won the competition in Atlanta, Georgia.

They also helped Nigeria reach second round at the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France.

Who are then these soldiers? They are Uche Okechukwu and Taribo West.

Uche Okechukwu was born on 27 September 1967 in Lagos. He was a dependable defender during his time. The retired defender lists Flash Flamingoes, Iwuanyanwu Nationale now Heartland, Brondby, Fenerbahce and Istanbulspor as his former clubs.

Uche Okechukwu and Taribo West are arguably the best central defenders to have played for Nigeria. Their legacy still remains at the back of fans minds.

3 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Oweku: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Uyi168:
U guys see what I was saying..
Real matches are here. Napoli put 6 past Genoa and oshimen is not even on the score sheet.. embarassed
What about assist?
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Sunsets: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Delete that thing from your memory cos that wasn't Gentle Giant you saw.
bernard1000001:
hbd legend....i remember this guy can gamble at defense like pique but him try sha...he has a good record though

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Focusmind: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
When football were played by men - See his muscle and agility - you go fear naa

Respect to team US -94

2 Likes

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Reference(m): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
HBD legend and my all time MVD (Most Valuable Defender), slightly ahead of 'Chairman' himself and the mercurial Yisa Sofoluwe.

1 Like

Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by adaora17901: 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
HBD lore and my all moment nkvd (majority value Defender), slightly ahead of 'Chairman' himself and the inunction Yisa Sofoluwe.
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Okuda(m): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Odogwu my man

what d fuk are you saying. whats no qualms? does it have meaning in this context or you are just trying to be a copy cat?
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by WibusJaga: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
Uyi168:
Real matches are here. Napoli put 6 past Genoa and oshimen is not even on the score sheet.. embarassed

Football is a team game & Napoli won.
Most important is; did he have a good game?
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by appini: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Living legend
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
Uyi168:
Bayern beat barca 8-2 and mercy was not on the score sheet. Person wey assist follow score
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by AreaFada2: 12:02am On Sep 28, 2020
Very fit and tough guy in defence. He, Yekini, Amunike, Amokachi, Finidi, Eguavoen, Iroha, Okafor & indeed the whole team deserved to play in 1994 WC Final.

They were that good.
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by Imefonukoenin11: 2:23am On Sep 28, 2020
Re: CAF, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To Ex-Eagles Star Okechukwu by flamingREED(m): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2020
Uche and West those years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rasheedat Ajibade Scores Hat-Trick In Atletico Madrid Friendly Match. / AFCON2023 Opening Ceremony On 13th January 2024 / Stake 100 Naira And Win 575,000 Naira For FREE On Tips180

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.