Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? (5661 Views)

Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension / Germany Set To Deport Many Nigerian Migrants On Monday / 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Thomthom(m): 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
Op sorry to say you are just saying rubbish... what do you do for a living? let me start from there.. you all just come out every time to blame youth.. don't you read news, are you not seeing cases of corruption here and there.. loan here and there.. which hope does the country give to the youth you are talking about.. SARS will kill you if you did not open your phone for them to see if you are a yahoo boy.. A bag of rice is almost 32,k.. the rich getting richer with connection and the poor getting poorer... Am a youth give the youth a job of 100k a month and see if any youth will like to go to Libya or Lebanon... Do you think this people that leave this country for Lebanon are happy? Op don't just sitdown in one corner with chicken in your mouth and start calling frustrated youth names
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Amos1423(m): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
dejol88:
Bros you are just wasting valuable time in replying the original poster. That guy na pure olodo! Because op can write grammar, he thinks he has sense. That is why most of them voted Buhari .

My brother no be small thing we de see for here.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
Rossinky:

Less than 1% of Nigerians have enough acquaintance with ''political office holders'', to know ''the kind of money they make and throw about''.

Most of what you hear is simply that. Hearsay.

Stop listening to irrelevant garbage, face your life, and build success.

Like Innoson did. cool

An ex senator came out to tell the world recently the bogus amount senators are being paid. That should be hearsay, I presume? The circus show that was the NDDC probe by the National Assembly and the amount said to be wasted never happened in reality, I think. It was some scene from a yet to be released movie. This is the closest I've ever seen to a person living in a fool's paradise.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Notasyouthink: 2:30am On Sep 30, 2020
Rossinky:
One useless youth just posted a thread claiming ''Nigeria is now the most dangerous place on earth.''

Someone needs to send his ass to Syria, Yemen, or Afghanistan.

This is how you people end up as slaves in Libya and Lebanon, eating dog food thrown at you by racist Arabs and getting forced to suck their nuts, as is happening with Nigerians there as we speak.

And then you will go on Youtube to make videos begging the Nigerian govt to send you planes to return home to the ''most dangerous country on earth''.

Useless self-haters. Go and cross the Sahara desert like your fellow dumb Nigerian youths, even as the Chinese, Indians and Lebanese are rushing into this same country to make big money starting from nothing.

Is it not in this same Nigeria that INNOSON started by selling spare parts, to form the biggest black-owned vehicle manufacturing company on the face of the earth?

Is it not in this same Nigeria that your mates are forming startups that are attracting millions of dollars in investment funds from Silicon Valley and elsewhere?

Go to Yaba and see what even your juniors are doing, simply by using their brains and being positive.

In this same Nigeria there are people who own BLOGS that earn them millions of naira each month.

Blogs that you can start for FREE online.

Useless youths.

In my day, we had no internet, no mobile phones, no smartphones, nothing.

For every business deal we had to get on a danfo or Molue, or bus and travel, HOPING to meet our business partner on desk. If he wasn't, we'd get on the bus and return home. Sometimes these were journeys across the country. Why? because nothing like phone. That was in the 1990s!!! Just yesterday!

There was nothing like DSTV. It was NTA or nothing. And they shut down at 11pm.

Sometimes 10.

Nothing like supporting Man U, Chelsea, or Arsenal.

Who dash you that one?

A good night in was sitting home to watch Village Headmaster, with Sisi Clara and Amebo.

Or 'Masquerade', with Chief Zebrudaya, alias 4.30.

Yet we never hated the country the way you useless youths do today.

Today you can start an entire business on your smartphone in your pyjamas, in your bedroom.

You can go on Youtube and learn ANY skill or business you want, free of charge.

There's a Lagos girl who learnt on Youtube how to bake exotic cakes, and now has a flourishing business making millions of naira a month. She started by baking the cakes herself, then she trained some girls to do it for her. Now all she does is post images on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram of her cakes. She can't even handle all the orders. She's overwhelmed.

Meanwhile, some of her lazy friends are working as oloshos and blaming the Nigerian government for their 'predicament'.

I laugh when I hear you youths complaining about ''insecurity'', and ''Fulani herdsmen''.

Today, 'insecurity' means something you read in the newspapers that happened to people in some remote village in Plateau state, or in faraway Borno state.

In my day, 'insecurity' lived with us directly at home, with armed robbers all over the place. Coming to your house. Stopping you on the street to shoot you and seize your car. Streets were deserted after 8pm.

THAT is what we call insecurity.

Yet we never hated Nigeria and called it a ''shiithole'', ''zoo'', and such vile names.

So, keep on hating your fatherland.

Go and cross the Sahara and become a slave, washing plates or sucking nuts like your fellow dullards.

Awon useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZINDysNrA&t=13s
Point of correction, nigga-area is not my father land like you stated because;

a) my progenitors are older than nigga-area in fact calling nigga-area my father land is an insult to the blessed memories of my progenitors because you are making it to look as if they don't have a history until the emergence of nigga-area.

b) nigga-area as a country was created artificially by a white criminal ( Fredrick luggard) to serve the British interest and that is the reason why, to us the reasonable ones nigga-area is nothing but a British company afterall the British named it Royal nigga company before baptizing it nigga-area.

Note; to we the reasonable ones, nigga-area represents backwardness, nepotism, terrorism, marginalization, killings and looting. Defending nigga-area like you're doing is a waste of time.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by GMBuhari: 6:27am On Sep 30, 2020
You that you are clue-full, you seem to forget there's a reason why there's management, if USA could their budget would be 30 trillion per year, does that mean endemic poverty ?

How are you even helping your country to make money or profit ? do you pay tax ? nonsense endemic writing

ibedun:

Hmm.....the bolded statement shows you haven’t got a clue! The federal government’s budget is $36B shocked

Each and every one of us (200m people of Nigeria) should wake up every morning and WEEP!
Endemic poverty is all I see.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by GMBuhari: 6:36am On Sep 30, 2020
At least two people have told you how clueless you are , and i am not going to prove them wrong

Corruption can not end 100% .China with death penalty punishment still recorded corrupt practices late last week , do you know what the person did ? he collected monetary gift from a contractor , don't get me wrong, he didn't inflate contract price , or collect percentage or anything, He got money fukkcccciiing gift , If corruption in Nigeria can be reduced to a level where if you collect gift or bribe you'll be praying to god not to expose your yansh , you don't think Nigeria will be a better place ? NDDC and the clowns collected billions of naira and didn't do anything , they indicted themselves , your senators collect constituency project allowance and they don't even police the ground, now can you compare what our politicians are brazenly doing with the level of the corruption in china ?? ordinary cash gift is going to kill a man in china that's their worst level of corruption ) apart from influencing or nominating someone you know personally to collect government contract)

What you said about oyil money ? apparently you are very clueless , a lot of NNPC workers will happily buy a stage for you in any country , just for you to recite what you just wrote and make them laugh repeatedly

You may have points you are passing accross , but the anger / vex or para you have in your body is making you contradict yourself

peace
Rossinky:

Stop deceiving yourself. Corruption will NOT end in Nigeria.

Except perhaps by divine intervention.

There are many other countries with more corruption than Nigeria, but they are moving ahead.

Check Transparency International's index. We are only two places below Kenya on the index, and a couple more places below Russia.

So our main problem is not corruption. It is low govt revenues to implement development programmes and initiatives.

The oil money is TINY compared to what we require.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by pwansunriseteam: 6:39am On Sep 30, 2020
Who the hail is this, do you know what those startups you mentoned are going through in Nigeria because of unfavourable business environment, do you know the number of startups which has liquidated, just visit techpoint and do a quick check. The truth is that the little you see Nigeria Youth doing is as a result of dogged spirit we have and the spirit of never give up. Yes we are in a country full of Opportunities but then we have a useless government with achaic politicies hurting all the positive step the Youth are taking. There may be Nigeria Youth who are Lazy and talks down on the Country but not all Nigeria Youth.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Perfectbeing(m): 7:10am On Sep 30, 2020
Litmus:

Syria, Yermen, Libya? You’re too modest. Is Lagos more dangerous than many US cities? How many South American cities is Lagos more dangerous than? In fact how many equally bustling metropolises in this world is Lagos more dangerous?

In terms of negative publicity Nigeria is the victim of deliberate smear campaigns. Well meaning Nigerians need to counter these negative portrayals wherever they find them in the world wide media.
I agree with you sir.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Yujin(m): 7:35am On Sep 30, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
“My people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are indiscipline,”

Guess which idiiot said it??

That's right, Buhari the dullard!
He was talking about your father and mother back then, the same hatred for the poor has been passed to this generation

Once again you are a dumbass
I confirmed it long time ago. He's a conservative who believes the youth should just continue with the struggling they've been so accustomed to. They should just accept life the way it is in the evil contraption. It is the same mindset that led Nigeria to where she is today because his set failed to confront the problem those days. It's only fools who continues to repeat the same process that expects a different result. Nigeria needs a total shake down for anything meaningful to happen to the people within her geography. Most countries passed through that phase to become what they are today. USA fought a civil war and Abraham Lincoln handled the post war reconciliation excellently. The French had a revolution that gave the citizens their right. The South Koreans bled to have a democracy that their children are enjoying today. The Chinese leaders became so patriotic and developed a plan for their country after the citizens challenged them for decades. There's always a price for development to happen. Nothing like that is present in Nigeria. Non of the leaders have ever been patriotic. Everyone can see how some decievers we're trying to sell the Niger rail line as a good proposal because it will help Niger people to import from the Nigerian ports. One can easily deduce that the rail was meant for the benefit of another country on the surface level and indirectly for just one section of the contraption in such a way that put the other section at a disadvantage. It's selfishness and greed that has finished black Africans. They'll never support the challenging of a system if they're some how benefitting from it irrespective of how damaging it is to the general populace. This is why a high ranking Nigerian employee in a foreign owned company in Nigeria will assist in the dehumanizing of his fellow citizen just so he can remain in the good books of the company's owner.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Yujin(m): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
Thomthom:
Op sorry to say you are just saying rubbish... what do you do for a living? let me start from there.. you all just come out every time to blame youth.. don't you read news, are you not seeing cases of corruption here and there.. loan here and there.. which hope does the country give to the youth you are talking about.. SARS will kill you if you did not open your phone for them to see if you are a yahoo boy.. A bag of rice is almost 32,k.. the rich getting richer with connection and the poor getting poorer... Am a youth give the youth a job of 100k a month and see if any youth will like to go to Libya or Lebanon... Do you think this people that leave this country for Lebanon are happy? Op don't just sitdown in one corner with chicken in your mouth and start calling frustrated youth names
A paltry N100k. People are suffering in Nigeria.
No electricity, clean pipe borne water or even good roads for transportation. The sanitary situation is pathetic and worst of it all, the security situation. Which of these is the fault of the youth? There's no incentive to motivate even the enterprising youth rather government policies are usually unfavourable to demoralize them. I could see the way he's rationalizing Okada business. This is the same business that a lot of governors have banned in their cities with such an oppressive stance that would make you cringe. The whole system is messed up. What remains is for the youth to attack the ruling class with all the fury they can muster. Isn't that similar to what happened in Mali recently?

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Yujin(m): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2020
Rossinky:

It's a big shame bro. If only these youths realised the potential that Nigeria holds for them, even with all its flaws.

Nigeria is projected to become the THIRD most populous nation on earth after China and India by 2050.

To people who can reason, that means one thing and one thing alone. MARKET.

The 3rd largest consumer market on earth.

This country will be a MAGNET for investors from all over the world, in the coming years.

The present influx of Chinese, Indians, and others is just the beginning.

Soon it will be a flood.

These youths can position themselves to take advantage of this country's great promise if only they could shed their bitterness and unrealistic expectations.

In India nobody talks about politicians, or cares much what the govt is doing or not doing, even though there is serious govt corruption there. People there just get on with business.

In Nigeria, if some of these youths have not woken up and cursed Buhari or Lai Mohammed, or some other ethnic group, their day is not complete. It's unfortunate. Hope they can change and become more...independent.
Sometimes you wonder where people like this reside while making these comments. Do they really follow the news?
Why do a lot of people from Nigeria pick up economically after leaving Nigeria?
One thing is certain and that is the future of this Nigeria without a serious shakedown will be worse than present. That's where the indices is pointing despite all your fraudulent claims of her being the choice destination for Asian investors.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Bros when you read about the slave trade and you read about black people that gave eloquent speeches on why the slave trade must not be abolished, nothing would shock you anymore regarding these bastards

Yujin:

I confirmed it long time ago. He's a conservative who believes the youth should just continue with the struggling they've been so accustomed to. They should just accept life the way it is in the evil contraption. It is the same mindset that led Nigeria to where she is today because his set failed to confront the problem those days. It's only fools who continues to repeat the same process that expects a different result. Nigeria needs a total shake down for anything meaningful to happen to the people within her geography. Most countries passed through that phase to become what they are today. USA fought a civil war and Abraham Lincoln handled the post war reconciliation excellently. The French had a revolution that gave the citizens their right. The South Koreans bled to have a democracy that their children are enjoying today. The Chinese leaders became so patriotic and developed a plan for their country after the citizens challenged them for decades. There's always a price for development to happen. Nothing like that is present in Nigeria. Non of the leaders have ever been patriotic. Everyone can see how some decievers we're trying to sell the Niger rail line as a good proposal because it will help Niger people to import from the Nigerian ports. One can easily deduce that the rail was meant for the benefit of another country on the surface level and indirectly for just one section of the contraption in such a way that put the other section at a disadvantage. It's selfishness and greed that has finished black Africans. They'll never support the challenging of a system if they're some how benefitting from it irrespective of how damaging it is to the general populace. This is why a high ranking Nigerian employee in a foreign owned company in Nigeria will assist in the dehumanizing of his fellow citizen just so he can remain in the good books of the company's owner.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by olawalepopoola: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Rossinky:
One useless youth just posted a thread claiming ''Nigeria is now the most dangerous place on earth.''

Someone needs to send his ass to Syria, Yemen, or Afghanistan.

This is how you people end up as slaves in Libya and Lebanon, eating dog food thrown at you by racist Arabs and getting forced to suck their nuts, as is happening with Nigerians there as we speak.

And then you will go on Youtube to make videos begging the Nigerian govt to send you planes to return home to the ''most dangerous country on earth''.

Useless self-haters. Go and cross the Sahara desert like your fellow dumb Nigerian youths, even as the Chinese, Indians and Lebanese are rushing into this same country to make big money starting from nothing.

Is it not in this same Nigeria that INNOSON started by selling spare parts, to form the biggest black-owned vehicle manufacturing company on the face of the earth?

Is it not in this same Nigeria that your mates are forming startups that are attracting millions of dollars in investment funds from Silicon Valley and elsewhere?

Go to Yaba and see what even your juniors are doing, simply by using their brains and being positive.

In this same Nigeria there are people who own BLOGS that earn them millions of naira each month.

Blogs that you can start for FREE online.

Useless youths.

In my day, we had no internet, no mobile phones, no smartphones, nothing.

For every business deal we had to get on a danfo or Molue, or bus and travel, HOPING to meet our business partner on desk. If he wasn't, we'd get on the bus and return home. Sometimes these were journeys across the country. Why? because nothing like phone. That was in the 1990s!!! Just yesterday!

There was nothing like DSTV. It was NTA or nothing. And they shut down at 11pm.

Sometimes 10.

Nothing like supporting Man U, Chelsea, or Arsenal.

Who dash you that one?

A good night in was sitting home to watch Village Headmaster, with Sisi Clara and Amebo.

Or 'Masquerade', with Chief Zebrudaya, alias 4.30.

Yet we never hated the country the way you useless youths do today.

Today you can start an entire business on your smartphone in your pyjamas, in your bedroom.

You can go on Youtube and learn ANY skill or business you want, free of charge.

There's a Lagos girl who learnt on Youtube how to bake exotic cakes, and now has a flourishing business making millions of naira a month. She started by baking the cakes herself, then she trained some girls to do it for her. Now all she does is post images on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram of her cakes. She can't even handle all the orders. She's overwhelmed.

Meanwhile, some of her lazy friends are working as oloshos and blaming the Nigerian government for their 'predicament'.

I laugh when I hear you youths complaining about ''insecurity'', and ''Fulani herdsmen''.

Today, 'insecurity' means something you read in the newspapers that happened to people in some remote village in Plateau state, or in faraway Borno state.

In my day, 'insecurity' lived with us directly at home, with armed robbers all over the place. Coming to your house. Stopping you on the street to shoot you and seize your car. Streets were deserted after 8pm.

THAT is what we call insecurity.

Yet we never hated Nigeria and called it a ''shiithole'', ''zoo'', and such vile names.

So, keep on hating your fatherland.

Go and cross the Sahara and become a slave, washing plates or sucking nuts like your fellow dullards.

Awon useless.

What has Nigeria done for her youths.
No jobs
No future
Today ASUU strike
Tomorrow NMA strike.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by jude79(m): 8:29am On Sep 30, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

It is not the government the people are stupid in Nigeria which chased is a company out of the country three years later he is sending his children to look for job in that same company in another country expecting his children to be employment. The government has nothing to do with it Nigerians and naturally stupid go and see them in UK and America running after criminals up and down the place. Recently I was just looking at a seed company which left a state in southwest the same idiots which chased the seed company out of the country is now sending their children to look for job in that same company in another country expecting their children to be employed in literacy is Nigeria's problem

What closed those companies are unfavourable government policies, multiple taxation which are looted by the same government, giving way to infrastructural decay, since social amenities and infrastructure are lacking, those companies finds it difficult to survive.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by yemi1504: 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rossinky:

The problem is not really about Nigerian youths being 'lazy'. Most are hardworking. The problem is more about attitude, geo-political ignorance and this generalised feeling of disgruntlement, based on their silly expectation that Nigeria ought to be a developed nation by now.

How many threads have we seen where they compare Nigeria to the UAE and 'Dubai'? I mean, if that is not ignorance, what is? The UAE has something like 6 million people, with three times Nigeria's oil reserves, and twice her daily oil and gas exports.

How on earth is Nigeria supposed to be able to compete with UAE in living standards? This generalised ignorance and refusal to learn, and research the world, is what keeps many of them disgruntled and unappreciative of how far we've come as a country. And if you think we haven't come far in the last 20 to 30 years, you are just as deluded and ignorant as them.

Instead of spending thousands of dollars to go to Lebanon and be a house girl, use your damn brain. Research Lebanon. Don't assume that because they are a 'white' country, that they hold more opportunities. That is a fundamental problem with many Nigerians. Racial inferiority complex. Do we not have Nigerian bankers working as slaves in Libya today? Oh sure we do. Why did they not research the war-torn situation in Libya before travelling there?

Is that Buhari's fault? That a graduate will get up and travel to Libya, simply based on their inferiority complex that says ''Libya = white or light skinned people = Better than Nigeria.''

That sick and stupid mentality cannot be blamed on anyone but the dumbass youth who hold them.

The mentality that says it is better to spend thousands of dollars to go and work as a servant in Lebanon, than to use that money and start a business in Nigeria, is no one's fault but the idiots who hold such sentiments.

A Chinese man will enter Nigeria with that same amount and start a business. A Nigerian will use that amount to travel to Lebanon to work as a servant. It's all about mindset.

Strictly the fault of those who are ''distracted''. You have the CHOICE not to be distracted. You can discipline yourself. When you fail to do that, you don't go blaming the Nigerian govt for your subsequent poverty and unemployment.

'Ravaged' how? I've no idea what you're on about. Nigeria is a developing country. At independence we had zero universities (compared to nearly 200 today), zero power plants, not a single expressway, not a single major hospital, and national literacy rate was at 5% (today it is 70% courtesy of mass govt investment in education). So I've no idea what you mean by 'ravaged the country'. We are not France or Holland. Our immediate forbears were stark village illiterates and peasants. We've come a long way, and have definitely made progress.

Errr. no it wasn't. GDP per capita in the 90s was something like 500 dollars per annum. Today it is 3000 dollars plus.

Nothing left now? Really? I would like to catapault you to the 1980s, when a standard Nigerian meal consisted of one piece of meat in the plate, saved for the last bite. Maybe 2 or 3 for rich folks. And rice was eaten only on Sundays. Today, even street hawkers and road mechanics eat meals filled with orishirishi and call it nothing, while checking out their Whatsapp, facebook and twitter on those fancy gadgets you call smartphones.

Name me ONE country on earth with Nigeria's population size and a budget that small, and I will show you a country that is struggling, just like Nigeria, to cater for all its people. That is a direct challenge.

Yawwnnn.... Dude. China is sending 20,000 of its kids to UK universities this year, and 50,000 more to US universities. Many of those kids are children of the Chinese elite and Chinese leaders. Same story in India, Pakistan, et al. Do the research. It is not unique to Nigeria. Rich people in developing nations send their kids to school in developed nations, and this will always be the case.

What is wrong with riding Okada? You are providing a service. You are meeting a public demand for private, quick, agile transport. You are not stuck in an office. You are your own boss. You are riding around, meeting people, enjoying fresh air, and getting paid for it. This is the unnecessary, and foolish disgruntlement we are talking about.

What is wrong with riding Okada for a living? Or keke? Nothing. You can do it for a while, and use your profits to buy two more bikes, rent them out and make more money, then move on to other businesses if you want. Not everyone can, or should be a lawyer, doctor, or architect. It's even better than driving taxis and buses because these smaller forms of transport emit less toxic fumes and are better for the environment.

Stop the oil dependency syndrome. Dangote is building a 12 billion dollar refinery that should take care of our oil processing issues. Nigeria has a railway development programme designed to connect all states of the country, and bring transport costs drastically down, which will help to transform the economy by reducing the cost of doing business. That railway line you referred to stops at the Nigerian border and does not go into ''the desert'', as was recently explained by the govt. Try to get accurate information and quit posting anti-Nigerian propaganda.

Oga you talk too much, Cho Cho Cho, Chai! Me read this kin epistle of lamentations wey you write so, God forbid!
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Blackpearlous(f): 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rossinky:
One useless youth just posted a

I love this post die! Ese, thank you.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by demanuel(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rossinky:

It's a big shame bro. If only these youths realised the potential that Nigeria holds for them, even with all its flaws.

Nigeria is projected to become the THIRD most populous nation on earth after China and India by 2050.

To people who can reason, that means one thing and one thing alone. MARKET.

The 3rd largest consumer market on earth.

This country will be a MAGNET for investors from all over the world, in the coming years.

The present influx of Chinese, Indians, and others is just the beginning.

Soon it will be a flood.

These youths can position themselves to take advantage of this country's great promise if only they could shed their bitterness and unrealistic expectations.

In India nobody talks about politicians, or cares much what the govt is doing or not doing, even though there is serious govt corruption there. People there just get on with business.
I understand where you are coming from, but with the poverty level in the country, how many Nigerians really have the Purchasing power to consume goods and services?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Youths So Useless? by Iamsane: 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2020
Rossinky:

The problem is not really about Nigerian youths being 'lazy'. Most are hardworking. The problem is more about attitude, geo-political ignorance and this generalised feeling of disgruntlement, based on their silly expectation that Nigeria ought to be a developed nation by now.

How many threads have we seen where they compare Nigeria to the UAE and 'Dubai'? I mean, if that is not ignorance, what is? The UAE has something like 6 million people, with three times Nigeria's oil reserves, and twice her daily oil and gas exports.

How on earth is Nigeria supposed to be able to compete with UAE in living standards? This generalised ignorance and refusal to learn, and research the world, is what keeps many of them disgruntled and unappreciative of how far we've come as a country. And if you think we haven't come far in the last 20 to 30 years, you are just as deluded and ignorant as them.

Instead of spending thousands of dollars to go to Lebanon and be a house girl, use your damn brain. Research Lebanon. Don't assume that because they are a 'white' country, that they hold more opportunities. That is a fundamental problem with many Nigerians. Racial inferiority complex. Do we not have Nigerian bankers working as slaves in Libya today? Oh sure we do. Why did they not research the war-torn situation in Libya before travelling there?

Is that Buhari's fault? That a graduate will get up and travel to Libya, simply based on their inferiority complex that says ''Libya = white or light skinned people = Better than Nigeria.''

That sick and stupid mentality cannot be blamed on anyone but the dumbass youth who hold them.

The mentality that says it is better to spend thousands of dollars to go and work as a servant in Lebanon, than to use that money and start a business in Nigeria, is no one's fault but the idiots who hold such sentiments.

A Chinese man will enter Nigeria with that same amount and start a business. A Nigerian will use that amount to travel to Lebanon to work as a servant. It's all about mindset.

Strictly the fault of those who are ''distracted''. You have the CHOICE not to be distracted. You can discipline yourself. When you fail to do that, you don't go blaming the Nigerian govt for your subsequent poverty and unemployment.

'Ravaged' how? I've no idea what you're on about. Nigeria is a developing country. At independence we had zero universities (compared to nearly 200 today), zero power plants, not a single expressway, not a single major hospital, and national literacy rate was at 5% (today it is 70% courtesy of mass govt investment in education). So I've no idea what you mean by 'ravaged the country'. We are not France or Holland. Our immediate forbears were stark village illiterates and peasants. We've come a long way, and have definitely made progress.

Errr. no it wasn't. GDP per capita in the 90s was something like 500 dollars per annum. Today it is 3000 dollars plus.

Nothing left now? Really? I would like to catapault you to the 1980s, when a standard Nigerian meal consisted of one piece of meat in the plate, saved for the last bite. Maybe 2 or 3 for rich folks. And rice was eaten only on Sundays. Today, even street hawkers and road mechanics eat meals filled with orishirishi and call it nothing, while checking out their Whatsapp, facebook and twitter on those fancy gadgets you call smartphones.

Name me ONE country on earth with Nigeria's population size and a budget that small, and I will show you a country that is struggling, just like Nigeria, to cater for all its people. That is a direct challenge.

Yawwnnn.... Dude. China is sending 20,000 of its kids to UK universities this year, and 50,000 more to US universities. Many of those kids are children of the Chinese elite and Chinese leaders. Same story in India, Pakistan, et al. Do the research. It is not unique to Nigeria. Rich people in developing nations send their kids to school in developed nations, and this will always be the case.

What is wrong with riding Okada? You are providing a service. You are meeting a public demand for private, quick, agile transport. You are not stuck in an office. You are your own boss. You are riding around, meeting people, enjoying fresh air, and getting paid for it. This is the unnecessary, and foolish disgruntlement we are talking about.

What is wrong with riding Okada for a living? Or keke? Nothing. You can do it for a while, and use your profits to buy two more bikes, rent them out and make more money, then move on to other businesses if you want. Not everyone can, or should be a lawyer, doctor, or architect. It's even better than driving taxis and buses because these smaller forms of transport emit less toxic fumes and are better for the environment.

Stop the oil dependency syndrome. Dangote is building a 12 billion dollar refinery that should take care of our oil processing issues. Nigeria has a railway development programme designed to connect all states of the country, and bring transport costs drastically down, which will help to transform the economy by reducing the cost of doing business. That railway line you referred to stops at the Nigerian border and does not go into ''the desert'', as was recently explained by the govt. Try to get accurate information and quit posting anti-Nigerian propaganda.

This is too much info to this lazy youths. Give them in bits. It is not like they will understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scary Looking #endsars Protesters In Aba Today - Pics / 2023: Bello Ambassadors Record Over 2 Million Members For Yahaya Bello (Video) / Does Nigeria Needs Foreign Military Boots On Ground!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.