Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

The Real Reasons Why You Don’t Get Jobs! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Real Reasons Why You Don’t Get Jobs! (463 Views)

People That Get Jobs Without Connections And Work Experiences How Did You Do It? / Opeyemi Awoyemi: When Developers Get Jobs Abroad, Better Founders Emerge / Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Reasons Why You Don’t Get Jobs! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
From my over a decade's hiring experience of why many Job seekers toil endlessly yet, never get any Job Interviews or Positive feedback even after long periods and consistent efforts are:

#1. Your CV is Not ATS (Applicant Tracking System) Compliant: Your CV gets skipped over because you apply with a CV in 'cloud format' or apply document formats/designs that ATS cannot process such as ‘picture’ documents or sections in your CV that are inserted picture rather than text etc.

#2. Your CV is a Non-Selling CV – Many Jobseekers dump loads of irrelevant and un-captivating information on their CVs/Resumes rather than Sell themselves on their CVs/Resumes to potential Employers and Recruiters…Imagine your CV is your Personal Sales Pitch…and the Product you’re Actually Selling is YOU!
This is how you must begin to see the job search game.

#3. Your CV is poorly Presented: the narratives are Not Coherent, Clear, or Concise. No unnecessary details. Remember, the more you speak, the less you're heard! Having an overly lengthy CV is actually a disadvantage at most times. A 2 – 4 paged CV is appropriate depending on your years of experience.

#4. Your CV is Poorly Structured – E.g. Poorly segmented and muddled up CV…Thus, making it Difficult to Read and Find Important Information about you.

#5. Your CV Lacks certain key components – e.g. Lacking an Effectively Written ‘Personal Profile’ Section.

#6. Failing to Align Your CV with Target Companies Objectives -You’re Failing to Present Strategic Summary of their current or last roles and how it will fit into the Employer’s Business/Objectives.

To be continued...

In the interim, let's hear your thoughts!

For further support on how to get TOP professional CV reviews to Eliminate the above errors & increase your job opportunities by 80% and directions to find 2,000+ fresh vacancies and job search support...reply this post with your valid watsapp phone number or email address and I will revert ASAP.

Cheers
Re: The Real Reasons Why You Don’t Get Jobs! by chatinent: 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
Bro, it's not a CV thing. Even if you inscribe its words in gold, what will be will be.

Man's government has failed, bro.
Re: The Real Reasons Why You Don’t Get Jobs! by operAhdam: 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
Somebody should tell him,This Op don't know grin
Re: The Real Reasons Why You Don’t Get Jobs! by Chidex93: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
I am interested here is my email ad ugwumbachidiebere4@gmail.com
Re: The Real Reasons Why You Don’t Get Jobs! by Uncleofon: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Here is my mail I am interested byceraymond07@gmail.com
Re: The Real Reasons Why You Don’t Get Jobs! by Amanda8321(m): 11:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
@Chidiebere I've dropped a message for you, please attend to it, Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do With #25k / OYO TESCOM: Nigerians Please Help Me...is My Disability A Death Sentence? / Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.