Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,476 members, 7,954,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks (45456 Views)

2023: Nigeria May Break Up If APC Wins - Iyorchia Ayu / Nigeria At 60: We Have Cracks That May Break Us - Osinbajo / Boss Mustapha, Malami, Sirika... Ministers Who Will Make Buhari's Next Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by kayjay69(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2020
Brother, you need to realise this one thing if you have not already.
Every single leader, to a varying degree, we have had since the inception of this so-called country played a part in ensuring we got to where we are right now.
I am not a supporter of the present leader that occupies Aso Rock but to let one (Obasanjo) off the hook while villifying another (Buhari) is a tad hypocritical. Obasanjo may have not had an ethnic lopsided cabinet, but I believe you are old enough to remember how he consistently thwarted the rule of law, how he ensured his party, the PDP, rigged elections in states not under their control using INEC, the police and the army in some cases, how infact the two elections that brought him into power were massively rigged, how he engaged in corruption himself (Power Projects, NNPC, I can go on). You can argue that he did some good in some regard, but you cannot argue that the many wrongs he did paved the way for men like Buhari to emerge.

You are totally right about these useful idiots we call leaders calling on prayers knowing fully well that faith without works is dead according to the bible. They know what needs to be done, but like all men spellbound by the wanton lust for power and money, they are afraid to lose that which they think they have. I have consistently maintained that Nigeria, and by extension, Nigerians as it is presently constituted has no business being together. We all need to start adjusting to that reality. We need not wait for the leaders thieves who have looted the country dry to come and tell us what is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf.
Racoon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/present-cracks-may-lead-to-nigerias-breakup-osinbajo-warns/%3famp=1

See the wicked hypocrisy of the so called leaders in Nigeria? This nation has ever been a failed experiment & thoroughly divided entity from antiquity yet they keep on lying & deceiving themselve that Nigeria's unity is not negotiable.

Imagine them taking of prayers.Even God's word said "Can two walk together, except they agree" -(Amos 3:3) and "How blessed it is when brethren dwelleth together in unity"(Psalms 133). Developed nations of the world didnt evolve only via prayers but peaceful separation e.g.former USSR, Yugoslavia-Bosnia, North & Southern Sudan & now the UK etc.

OBJ was called the "divider on chief".Meanwhile the sitting president is simply the most bigoted & parochial type Nigeria has ever had.When ordinary Nigerians said this, the govt will tagged them as enemies of state or proscribed them as terrorists.So since there are more irreconcilable differences than what unite us,then it is advisable to breakup in peace.

@ Garba Shehu, Femi Adeshina & all the hireling zombies of the govt, what has changed now? Are Osinbajo, Boss Mustapha now wailers too? The worst thing that can destroy leaders is refusing reality or telling them what they only like to hear.Abacha fell in this category.
Echi di'ime...... tommorow get belle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by guychidile: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2020
story,na now u know? what is ur contribution to remedy it?
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Flytime: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2020
Bkayyy:

It doesn't happen that way. Break up is for those that demand and push for it.
If in any case Nigeria is to break up, only the Igbos will leave. What we can't say for sure is if they will leave as just Igbo Nation or with Niger Delta minorities as Biafra.
So in any case, the state's that will emerge will either be New Nigeria and Biafra or New Nigeria and Alaigbo
if igbo leaves Nigeria,trust me hausa and yoruba can't stay together,it's either the yoruba also leaves or hausa leaves
Just imagine a nigeria with only yoruba and hausa
Igbo might want to claim delta even if they refuse to join because of oil

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Niceman12(m): 11:06am On Sep 29, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad Hawusa pipu hate the bitter truth.Same way they nurture Boko haram till those ones become monsters..Dey should continue

Blame fulani and Kanuri not Hausa. Remove hausa from your narrative. You all can go and kill yourselves but hausa people don't give a sh*t about you.
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Jollylolly(f): 11:06am On Sep 29, 2020
For those who just read the headline without reading the content, Boss Musty made this statement on sunday but the Oneness and unity peace and harmony among us will continue to wax strong against all odds
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by DexterousOne(m): 11:07am On Sep 29, 2020
Angelfrost:
The obvious cracks were deepened and worsened by you people's bigoted and nepotistic approach to leadership!!!

If y'all carried every region along, we wouldn't have been talking about cracks, but serious all round development.

Exactly

If the political class made sure that most Nigerians were carried along and given a sense of belonging
This hue and cry for dividing wont be there

A divided country will even be worse
But people are clamouring for that because of this disastrous presidency and the destructive politics they brought

To make matters worse
Nigeria is stuck
No path to separation except war

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by sterlingD(m): 11:07am On Sep 29, 2020
I hope this man will not come out later to say he was never said this and say it is fake news

2 Likes

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Flytime: 11:09am On Sep 29, 2020
Zane2point4:
We're too different abeg
especially hausa,they are very different from the yoruba and igbo
Yoruba and igbo are still closer in some aspects

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by SmartyPants(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2020
Racoon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/present-cracks-may-lead-to-nigerias-breakup-osinbajo-warns/%3famp=1

See the wicked hypocrisy of the so called leaders in Nigeria? This nation has ever been a failed experiment & thoroughly divided entity from antiquity yet they keep on lying & deceiving themselve that Nigeria's unity is not negotiable.

Imagine them taking of prayers.Even God's word said "Can two walk together, except they agree" -(Amos 3:3) and "How blessed it is when brethren dwelleth together in unity"(Psalms 133). Developed nations of the world didnt evolve only via prayers but peaceful separation e.g.former USSR, Yugoslavia-Bosnia, North & Southern Sudan & now the UK etc.

OBJ was called the "divider on chief".Meanwhile the sitting president is simply the most bigoted & parochial type Nigeria has ever had.When ordinary Nigerians said this, the govt will tagged them as enemies of state or proscribed them as terrorists.So since there are more irreconcilable differences than what unite us,then it is advisable to breakup in peace.

@ Garba Shehu, Femi Adeshina & all the hireling zombies of the govt, what has changed now? Are Osinbajo, Boss Mustapha now wailers too? The worst thing that can destroy leaders is refusing reality or telling them what they only like to hear.Abacha fell in this category.
Echi di'ime...... tommorow get belle.

Those were hardly peaceful...
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by DexterousOne(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2020
kayjay69:
Brother, you need to realise this one thing if you have not already.
Every single leader, to a varying degree, we have had since the inception of this so-called country played a part in ensuring we got to where we are right now.
I am not a supporter of the present leader that occupies Aso Rock but to let one (Obasanjo) off the hook while villifying another (Buhari) is a tad hypocritical. Obasanjo may have not had an ethnic lopsided cabinet, but I believe you are old enough to remember how he consistently thwarted the rule of law, how he ensured his party, the PDP, rigged elections in states not under their control using INEC, the police and the army in some cases, how infact the two elections that brought him into power were massively rigged, how he engaged in corruption himself (Power Projects, NNPC, I can go on and . You can argue that he did some good in some regard, but you cannot argue that the many wrongs he did paved the way for men like Buhari to emerge.

I have consistently maintained that Nigeria, and by extension, Nigerians as it is presently constituted has no business being together. We all need to start adjusting to that reality. We need not wait for the leaders thieves who have looted the country dry to come and tell us what is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf.

What reform do you suggest
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by whitedove(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2020
Buhari was appointed by Satan to nail the coffin,Nigeria is not working! He might be the last President of a united Nigeria.
oloriburuku,ni ile ntu lori e.it is only an unfortunate person that an household become deserted when in affairs.

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by fineboynl(m): 11:13am On Sep 29, 2020
at the rate buhari is plundering and borrowing trillions is to morgage the country to foreign countries which would make it's impossible to gain thier support to divide the country. and he is building infrastructure up north in case the country dissolved.

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Angelnath(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2020
Lets retire nigeria jare. And bring in new countries. (but mind u na still the same set of citizens and leaders).
NIGERIA MIGHT BE GREAT AGAIN
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Franktom247(m): 11:15am On Sep 29, 2020
The 9ja wey we dey or abroad if it is africa own it is divided already the cracks were seen in the 1960s
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by dasparrow: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2020
I don't care if Nigeria breaks up. Most Nigerians are tribalistic and bigoted. In fact, most Africans are tribal bigots. It is no wonder that there is not one African country that is classed as a first world country. A house divided against itself can never stand.

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by asuquoabel585: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2020
There Is Hunger In The Land Already we Prefer Breakup into 6 geo-political
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Vikynas: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2020
Mehn cracks not enough...oo let it collapse what are we waiting for??
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2020
Racoon:

https://www.thecable.ng/sgf-therere-obvious-cracks-nigeria-may-break-up
Nnamdi Kanu is rejoicing! May God help us to break up normal normal without wasting a single drop of blood. Long overdue!

2 Likes

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Brushstrokes20: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2020
Spot on! The doomed shithole is long overdue for DISINTEGRATION!...
Very good it's coming from osinbande..
Brainless zombies called for obj's head when he said same not long ago...
The nepotic and redundant coupist at aso is Nigeria's worst blunder
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Stanley1980: 11:19am On Sep 29, 2020
Its high time the Zoo disintegrate, Biafra, Arewa, Oduduwa, Niger Delta etc. A country where there is no love among one another, tribalism everywhere, killings in the north, banditing in the north/middle belt infact, insecurity in the whole nation and one tribal bigot is out there at Aso rock watching and seeing all these things but refused to act up. The best and only option is for everybody to go its separate way and i bet u, life will become so sweet once again. Fooooolish leaders and useless president we have here in Zoogeria

4 Likes

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Antoeni(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2020
From the Look of Things
Antoeni:
BUHARI Might Just be the Last President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by kayjay69(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2020
I unapologetically announce that we are not reforming our way out of this one bro, ours is a lost cause and it is too late to speak or think of implementing reform.

My suggestion is we restructure this country back to the way it was pre-independence with an agreement to go our separate ways after a fixed time period, say 25 years.

Either the above or we call it quits and split into four.

While I admit it is not as easy as I have put it (it should actually be that easy but the powers that be will not have it and the people are too weak to fathom), the alternative which is what we are presently living through is akin to us watching ourselves die slow and I do not mean us alone, no, even our two to three generations to come literally have no semblance of a future.

NB
Now some may call me a prophet of doom, others may look at themselves and say afterall it is not that bad, this write-up is not directed to such feeble minded folk. See we often feel like since "I" can afford a car or two, a house or two, to send my children to good schools and afford to pay my bills, things are not as bad as they seem. We are so carried away with ourselves in our individual lives, tucked away in the safety of our neighbourhoods that we fail to see just how bad things are the minute we step into the chaos that typifies the actual country. We need a country that will work for anyone who is hardworking enough and willing enough, Nigeria as it is presently is not such a place and will never be such a place.
DexterousOne:

What reform do you suggest

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by strenghtt: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2020
Bkayyy:

It doesn't happen that way. Break up is for those that demand and push for it.
If in any case Nigeria is to break up, only the Igbos will leave. What we can't say for sure is if they will leave as just Igbo Nation or with Niger Delta minorities as Biafra.
So in any case, the state's that will emerge will either be New Nigeria and Biafra or New Nigeria and Alaigbo

So oduduwa ( yoruba ) will b looking like mumu

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by 4four(m): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2020
Thanks to Al- Buhari Al- Muhammed
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by Bombastically00(m): 11:26am On Sep 29, 2020
grin
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by DexterousOne(m): 11:27am On Sep 29, 2020
kayjay69:
I unapologetically announce that we are not reforming our way out of this one bro, ours is a lost cause and it is too late to speak or think of implementing reform.

My suggestion is we restructure this country back to the way it was pre-independence with an agreement to go our separate ways after a fixed time period, say 25 years.

Either the above or we call it quits and split into four.

While I admit it is not as easy as I have put it (it should actually be that easy but the powers that be will not have it and the people are too weak to fathom), the alternative which is what we are presently living through is akin to us watching ourselves die slow and I do not mean us alone, no, even our two to three generations to come literally have no semblance of a future.

NB
Now some may call me a prophet of doom, others may look at themselves and say afterall it is not that bad, this write-up is not directed to such feeble minded folk. See we often feel like since "I" can afford a car or two, a house or two, to send my children to good schools and afford to pay my bills, things are not as bad as they seem. We are so carried away with ourselves in our individual lives, tucked away in the safety of our neighbourhoods that we fail to see just how bad things are the minute we step into the chaos that typifies the actual country. We need a country that will work for anyone who is hardworking enough and willing enough, Nigeria as it is presently is not such a place and will never be such a place.

Too late for your suggestion either

There is no way Nigeria will split without conflict and civil war.
And the powers that be both within and out there have already sealed our fate as one country

The best we can do is to see how best we can work together to probably salvage what is left of the country

Because the modalities for disintegration of a country like Nigeria is near impossible to achieve

We were not defined countries before we were amalgamated
Hence there is nothing to go back to undecided
These Colonialists and founding fathers really made a mistake
But it has been made
It's how to correct it

Maybe a canada model can help the country
Or a Switzerland model

Nigeria is not the most diverse country on earth
I wonder where all these hate and anarchy comes from

Well I know where it came from....

Politicians

Let's see and watch how things play out
But if I'm to take a bet

In 50 years from today
There would still be one entity called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by showafrica(m): 11:27am On Sep 29, 2020
Flytime:
if igbo leaves Nigeria,trust me hausa and yoruba can't stay together,it's either the yoruba also leaves or hausa leaves
Just imagine a nigeria with only yoruba and hausa
Igbo might want to claim delta even if they refuse to join because of oil

Igbos no send oil ooo, the oil alone in Imostate is enough for igbos if we must depend on oil. I tell you there are many other minerals better than oil in igbo land. However, igbos wont depend on natural resources alone. Igbos are strong individuals.
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by jefff455: 11:27am On Sep 29, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

How do we rebuild the cracks of a faulty foundation
you demolish the house

1 Like

Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by mascot87(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2020
Make he scatter
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by DexterousOne(m): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2020
WhizdomXX:
We must continue to reevaluate our unity and actively work towards it. Not by what's going on today, the current administration is sending a very wrong message on the issue of nepotism.
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN. GOD BLESS US.

Nigeria has the potential to be great as one country
But for that to happen

We need to build common interests
We dont have to be the same

All we need is common interest
The USA was built by founding fathers from different backgrounds but a common goal of building a new country that was nothing like the European countries they left behind

And a sense of belonging for everyone too.

Its politics of wickedness, winner takes all and victimisation of ethnic groups that led us to this breaking point in the first place

In the unfortunate event that Nigeria split (highly unlikely)

It will split into almost 30 undecided

Then the confusion that follows
Re: Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks by zoedew: 11:31am On Sep 29, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mark Essien’s IREV Collation Was Used By Peter Obi’s Team Of Lawyers. / ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State From 1956 - 2016. / Saraki Listed In Cases Of Unexplained Wealth In The UK The Police Must Consider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.