Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Devout Muslims Only - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Devout Muslims Only (4191 Views)

A Devout Christian Woman Writes About Her Admiration For Muslim Women And Islam / Jesus Is Coming Soon: Devout Muslim Man Reveals Angel Of God Appeared To Him / A 5-year-old Christian Forced Into Foster Care With Devout Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devout Muslims Only by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
What Rules and ethics about human behavior are you encouraged to follow?. Do you believe these rules are from the central supernatural being of your religion?

The best human being is prophet muhammad and every muslim must follow his behaviour NOT CULURE OR CIVILIZATION. Islam is a way of life designed by ALLAH and its what every prophet preached and prophet muhammad only came to perfect it. He is the last prophet.

1 Like

Re: Devout Muslims Only by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
What are some emotions that are associated with your religion?
dread of sin to avoid offending the divine?,

guilt if you sin?,

awe of the divine?

mystery, devotion, liberation, inner peace?

Do you believe in rebirth (reincarnation) on earth or a life beyond the earthly one?
There is no reincarnation. Dead and gone. But the prophet told us that the jinns have power to wear human skin of the dead and make people doubt ALLAH. That is why the reincarnated body always disappear when discovered. We have two judgement in islam. SIN AND DISBELIEF. Stealing, adultery and other social vices are sin. To easily identify DISBELIEF ..is to worship and have some set of belief ALLAH made no law of. A sinner is still a muslim but a disbeliever is a n0n muslim. Just stay away from sects and their beliefs. E.g . Shia, sufi, khawarij, muric, nasfat and others
Re: Devout Muslims Only by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
What Material objects do you use in the expression of your faith?
What Physical elements are symbolic in your religion? Do you use statues, paintings, musical instruments, objects like incense, flowers, clothing, architecture or sacred places?

For example in orthodox churches, rosaries, paintings, statues and sanctuaries are some examples of physical religious expression.

Do you have similar symbolism?
NO OBJECT SYMBOLIZE ISLAM. The flag, prayer beads and others are n0t used by the prophet and his companion. Its those disbeliever {sects} that uses it. A muslim do n0t have any symbol coz prophet did not tell us any. A muslim physical appearance should be like prophet instructed us. A MAN SHOULD KEEP HIS BEARDS AND TRIM HIS MOUSTACHE AND HIS CLOTHINGS MUST NEVER GO BEYOND HIS ANKLES AND A FEMALE SHOULD USE HIJAB
Re: Devout Muslims Only by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
What Material objects do you use in the expression of your faith?
What Physical elements are symbolic in your religion? Do you use statues, paintings, musical instruments, objects like incense, flowers, clothing, architecture or sacred places?

For example in orthodox churches, rosaries, paintings, statues and sanctuaries are some examples of physical religious expression.

Do you have similar symbolism?
Statues, paintings, pictures that people worship and their worshipers are disbeliever. We worship ALLAH ALONE. where hajj is performed and mosques are our sacred places. INCENSE IS USED BY MAGICIANS CLAIMING ISLAM {SUFI}
Re: Devout Muslims Only by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
What do you consider sacred?

Are there certain acts of reverence you must perform?
certain people who are sacred?
Places you consider sacred?
All muslim are revered. Especially our scholars. . Imam ahmad bin hanbal, muhammad bin abdul wahab, ibn taymiyah, ibn qayim, al baany, abu qodeejah\in uk presently\ muhammad bin jabata\nigeria presently/. . . Just practice islam they way prophet did and stay away from sins . .thats reverence
Re: Devout Muslims Only by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
Do you think there are any conflicts between your religious teachings and your personal beliefs?
NAH. . ISLAM JURISPUDENCE IS VERY SANE. 95% of people reject islamic beliefs because they choose culture and civilization over divine law. FOR EXAMPLE, POSTRATING AND KNEELING TO GREET IS DISBELIEF. ALLAH SAID ITS AN ACT OF WORSHIP AND MUST BE DONE FOR HIM ALONE. PROPHET ALSO SAID ITS FOR ALLAH ALONE . .s0me people wil choose culture over islam. . The beauty of islam is . .people following the prophet have uniformity in m0de of worship any where in the world
Re: Devout Muslims Only by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
Finally.

What challenges can you identify that your religious tradition faces in the modern world? Do you feel that your religious tradition is responding positively?

If yes or no, do you mind explaining?

Thanks
ISLAM IS FACING GREAT PROBLEM because people the world count as muslims are n0t muslims. Allah cursed those that divide islam {people with different beliefs and mode of worship to the prophet} and call them disbelievers. Prophet muhammad affirm hellfire for them too. . People see SECTS as muslims. .they are face of islam. People practising islam according to how prophet did. . .we are very small {minority} . . . Prophet said ISLAM WILL BECOME STRANGE AT END OF TIME AND HOLDING ON TO ISLAM WOULD BE LIKE HOLDING A BURNING COAL
Re: Devout Muslims Only by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 05, 2021
Martinez39s:
@Cococandy

I hope I am not late to the party. When it comes to understanding a religion, it's best to read the holy book by yourself. While it superficially makes sense to consult the self-proclaimed adherents of the religion, you should have it in mind that each adherent has his/her own "interpretation" of the Qur'an. The "interpretation" a moderate Muslim born and bred in a secular society will give you will differ from that of a Muslim born and bred in an Islamic society. Some "interpretations" paint Islam as a religion of peace while others do the opposite. [b]To avoid being misled by any Muslim's personal interpretatio[/b]n, I will advise you to do your own research and read the holy book for yourself. Your research should focus on the history of Islam, its Prophet, and holy book; find out what scholars think.

A lot of muslims come about their interpretations in any of the following ways:
1) ignorance and presumption of the Qur'an due not having read it or blatant dishonesty,
2) cherry picking (picking the good parts only), and/or
3) complete understanding and submission to the entire doctrine and scriptural injunctions of the Qur'an.

This is also applicable to Christians. grin

Regardless of how any Muslim came about his/her own "interpretations", it's best to do your own research and read the Qur'an by yourself and formulate your independent thoughts on the matter.

Nb: I am an atheist. I am encouraging the best approach of inquiry.

I disagree with you on the bolded point. Like cococandy, I did some research on Judaism as well as Islam, because they seem to be the most reasonable of the major faiths and my concept of how a God should be agrees with the Judeo-Islamic concept (the two are actually very similar in stark contrast with the traditional Christian view). Scriptures cannot be understood directly as I was told by adherents of both faiths; context is important. Your assertion would be similar to saying that the Nigerian constitution can be applied by any layman reading it. If that was the case, there would be no need for any lawyers or judges. In any case, if Muslims and Jews who were presumably brought up within the culture could have erroneous interpretations as you pointed out, how much more erroneous would the interpretation of a complete amateur be?

Researching Islam is difficult work, especially since many Muslims seem totally ignorant of their own faith (nothing new here, most religious adherents seem to be for their respective faiths). I am still curious, but short of going to an Islamic seminary (or whatever the Islamic version is called) I can't think of any way of understanding it better without any doubt as to whether the interpretation I'm studying is the correct one. And I don't think that reading on your own is a good approach...in practically any field of study.

And personally, I have strong deist leanings, though I believe there is at least some good in most religions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Devout Muslims Only by The5DME(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
[[s]quote author=Alennsar post=94444884]
Ok now I understand better but to be honest with you this things does not affect Islam in any way because Islam has not changed at all nor does the rules guiding. A true Muslim must abide and follow the Qur'an and Sunnah of the Prophet which is the hadith and this has not changed since 1400 years ago up until now and I don't think it will change. Allah has said he's the one who sent down the Qur'an and he will protect it from any kind of corruption or being tampered with. The Prophet (saw) in his last address to the Muslims during the minor hajj has told the Muslims that Allah has perfected their religion for them on this day has chosen Islam for them as their way of life both the ones at that time and those to come after them. Whatever is haram(prohibited) during the time of the Prophet is haram even now and whatever is halal (permissible) still remains the same. [/quote][/s] I dislike Islam and muslims.
Re: Devout Muslims Only by AKEEMNAS(m): 4:05pm On May 06, 2021
Hello ,
I got this notification very late and I'm just seeing this thread since it was created in 2020. I believe my sister has replied your questions. Should incase you need more clarity/have more questions - I can assist with that. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Devout Muslims Only by Savagethe21st(m): 2:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Alennsar:

The one i know of is Islamophobia. Don't know if that's correct.
But it should not be a surprise to the Muslims because the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) has told us that a time will come when Islam will become a strange religion and that is one of the signs of the end time.
nothing like islamophobia when you guys produce all the terrorist in the world. By the way when will u start teaching your children to bomb unbelievers so the can get seven virgins

2 Likes

Re: Devout Muslims Only by Salihusaliheen(m): 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
I learned a lot here

2 Likes

Re: Devout Muslims Only by LifeSolutionsTe(f): 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2022
cococandy:
1) what is your belief system and religious world view?

i.e How do you believe life on earth came about? What do you think is the purpose? Belief in a creator or no Creator?

Good question.

I need answers too
Re: Devout Muslims Only by chieveboy(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2022
Xixtie:

I am unsure of my faith actually.
That's why I have got to follow this thread.
Nothing is clear anymore.
I hope some knowledgeable persons proffer good and reasonable answers to your questions.
I would be helped by that too.
Good luck.

Try Eckankar the path of Spiritual Freedom . Its model is of you walking your own distinct path to God or finding meaning to life. No need to belong to a group, no need to change religions or any ascetic practices. All required is a Loving heart and a quest for freedom, God, love or yearnings of the heart.

You will have the tools needed to explore your inner universe and having your most biggest questions and true desires answered or granted respectively, and you would find life holds a lot of promise beyond the confusion, pain, joy and uncertainty found in the human existence. This does not mean end of problems, you will find having a better perspective of situations actually takes care of it or begins the process.

Visit Eckankar.org and see if your heart connects. The heart is the true gauge that can never lead you astray.

Cheers
Re: Devout Muslims Only by isyourboy(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2022
hashtagged:

There won't be islamophobia if people weren't getting killed by Muslims on a daily basis, and give her the complete info

cococandy these are important things they won't tell you until you join
1) Joining Islam is celebrated but leaving Islam is punishable by death
2) The Quran and Hadith justifies killing of non-belivers(Christian's, budhists, Jews, hi dus)
3) female children can be forced into marriage from at age 6 and can be forced to have sexual intercourse with their husbands at 8yrs of age
4) your husband is allowed to have 3 more wives
5) in heaven your husband gets 72 virgins while you only get your husband
6) hijab is a nice dressing
7) if you get raped and report you would be asked to provide four male witnesses if you can't you would be guilty of adultery and stoned to death
8 ) They pray a lot which is a nice thing.
9) There is a high level of Muslim in terrorism cause they believe Mohammed ordered them to kill non believers

May Allah guide you with this nonsense you just spilled

1 Like

Re: Devout Muslims Only by spafu(m): 7:00am On Apr 18, 2023
Alennsar:

By Allah, there's none that i know of except the Qur'an and hadith which are the word of God and that of his Prophet.
Chasbi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"What's Wrong With Catholics?" / Is It Right For Christians To Pay Tithes / Advice Atheists Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.