Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

How Destinies Littered My Area - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Destinies Littered My Area (312 Views)

Owerri City—the City Littered With Condoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Destinies Littered My Area by olaitandrake89(m): 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
I had thought of not writing this earlier.

But, it kept nudging my mind.

Like a dart, it cut through my vein, over and over. My soul is already sullied.

It was about the scenery that nearly drags out tears out of my eyes.

I had gone to meet someone today, at Takie area.

Where I took some shot of pictures, focusing on the area.

When I am done with the person, we walked some distance, I was looking for a bike man to ride ms home.

It was a clumsy day. The road was jammed and crowded; cars, trucks and lorry followed each other bumper to bumper. The small spaces between them were routes where the bicycles maintained.

The horns if closely decode was like that of kings convoy. But if one was to talk literally, it was riotous that steal peace away from people living nearby.

Well, that's Takie and its effect.

I asked the person to leave, that I would surely get a bike soon. And we bade farewell.

I was there waiting when I heard my name amidst the pandemonium of the road. The name was called the way football friends used to called it.

I looked inquisitively, oh it was a man on a bike. But how did he know my name?

I walked closer, and it was a guy, one of those friends that we grew up together, play a series of games together in the area.
He had been living like a maverick, a vagabond from the onset. We had thought he would change, we had hope for his best life, we dream of meeting at the highest place.

But, he drenched our soul in sudden cold water, when we heard he stole one of his friend's bicycle, when they all slept in one fateful night, under the same roof.

My heart personally, perturbed.

He was the one that called me when I saw his dark face, and lips that had been intentionally charred by the smoking of cigarettes. I succumbed to lose.

He asked where I was going, I told him reluctantly because I did not want him to ride me. But, the scarcity of the free bicycles glued my mouth.

I climbed up, and he rode.

I wept inwardly. No one to comfort and give me reasons for another hope.

We got to where I live, he refused to collect money, I begged him to... He told me if only I want to buy fuel for him.

I agreed, but no change! No change!

It was a painful moment all through.

There is indeed a lot of damage!

Minkail Olaitan.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Old Flame, Part 7, Written For Moyo Lawal. The End / Ghost Recap Ep1 / The Night-poetry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.