Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

Visiting Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Canada (1910 Views)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Canada by kay2000(m): 10:28am On Mar 02, 2011
I AM A NIGERIAN WHO INTEND TO VISIT CANADA DURING MY HOLIDAYS COME MAY THIS YEAR. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THEIR IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENT AND HOW TO APPLY. EMPHASIS WAS HOWEVER PLACED HAVING A STRONG TIE WITH YOUR HOME COUNTRY AND GOOD FINANCIAL CABABILITY.

I NEED OPINIONS AND FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS

1. WHAT DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE SHOULD I INCLUDE TO SHOW TIE WITH MY COUNTRY

2.DO I NEED TO BOOK HOTEL RESERVATION.

3.HOW MUCH BALANCE SHOULD BE IN MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT BEFORE I APPLY.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMT RESPONSE.
Re: Visiting Canada by suxes2005(m): 10:41am On Mar 02, 2011
kay2000:

I AM A NIGERIAN WHO INTEND TO VISIT CANADA DURING MY HOLIDAYS COME MAY THIS YEAR. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THEIR IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENT AND HOW TO APPLY. EMPHASIS WAS HOWEVER PLACED HAVING A STRONG TIE WITH YOUR HOME COUNTRY AND GOOD FINANCIAL CABABILITY.

I NEED OPINIONS AND FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS

1. WHAT DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE SHOULD I INCLUDE TO SHOW TIE WITH MY COUNTRY

2.DO I NEED TO BOOK HOTEL RESERVATION.

3.HOW MUCH BALANCE SHOULD BE IN MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT BEFORE I APPLY.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMT RESPONSE.

Sure you book hotel reservation if you do not have
someone to invite you. you can even look for toursit
attraction cnters and book online then include it as well.

As per tie, you must have a very good job you are doing
here and also a nice salary reflecting in your account plus
apply early so that they can consider you

SHALOM
Re: Visiting Canada by hotelbook: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2011
dont go for hotel reservation,you have to pay for the hotel with proof. blamelesscompass@yahoo.com
Re: Visiting Canada by suxes2005(m): 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
hotelbook:

dont go for hotel reservation,you have to pay for the hotel with proof. blamelesscompass@yahoo.com

Sure now, he must pay and submit the confirmation
of payment

SHALOM
Re: Visiting Canada by kay2000(m): 8:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
thanx for the info guys, i also wish to state here that i have applied for uk study visa in 2003 and 2007 and also a visit visa in 2009. i was refused in all cases, will this affect my chance?
Re: Visiting Canada by anfanio: 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
Canada is not UK. Independent decisions.
Re: Visiting Canada by ayoalade(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ Kay2000 - the finaly decision about your visa rest solely with the Immigration Officer in charge of your case. So, what worked for someone else may not necessary work for you. As you have listed in your posting. All you have to do is provide authentic documentation as required by the visa office, make sure you provide as much proof as to what ties you have to Nigeria to convince the visa office that you do plan to return to Nigeria.
Re: Visiting Canada by wanaj0: 8:29am On Mar 04, 2011
Do you sound convincing to yourself that your reason for travelling is genuine?

Going to Canada will set you back by abput N300k minimum. Can you convince yourself that you earn enough to burn that amount of money without blinking?
Re: Visiting Canada by mightymine(m): 10:03am On Mar 04, 2011
Please i need a Nigerian residing in Toronto Canada who can pick me up at the airport, thank you. I'm a first time traveler.
Re: Visiting Canada by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 04, 2011
mightymine:

Please i need a Nigerian residing in Toronto Canada who can pick me up at the airport, thank you.  I'm a first time traveler.

dont worry! There are lots of them who will pick u up because na dem send u message to travel  undecided

Nigerians and the word FREE sha. Na wa lipsrsealed

There are LOTS of taxis at the Airport! SIMPLY PAY AND ENTER!

Abi na by force to travel?    grin

Na Ajegunle i dey live o. I fit give you ride to International Airport Ikeja  cool Abi u no nid lift when u dey comot naija too?  grin
Re: Visiting Canada by ifegy: 12:56am On Mar 05, 2011
quote author=mightymine link=topic=614993.msg7843740#msg7843740 date=1299229420]
Please i need a Nigerian residing in Toronto Canada who can pick me up at the airport, thank you. I'm a first time traveler.
[quote][/quote]

If you are arriving at Pearson airport and are looking to get into the city of Toronto (North York, downtown, mid town, etc), you can do that via taxi, limo or public transit (bus). If your final destination is the Greater Toronto Area, the GTA, i.e., Scarborough, Mississauga, Markham, Whitby, etc (Toronto 'suburbs'), you can work that out through a series of connected public transit links.

It may be better for you to do that than rely on someone here (unless they are obligated by family ties), since you may be arriving during the workday when people here are at work, or during the early morning when they are asleep.

As well, if they live within Toronto and you are aiming to go to Whitby for example, that's a pretty long drive for them --from their home to the airport, airport to your destination and back home again.

If you indicate your final destination, perhaps I could point you to public transit links to assist you.[
Re: Visiting Canada by mightymine(m): 8:03am On Mar 14, 2011
Thanks ifegy,and i think am fine with your explanation and i think i will love if you can give me more information about canada because i think you can really help me out, Please let me know.
Re: Visiting Canada by ifegy: 1:58am On Mar 16, 2011
What sort of information are you looking for?
FYI, there is a very useful thread here on travelling to Canada:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118823.0.html

(1) (Reply)

He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? / Please I Need Your Help To Study Abroad / Fuel Scarcity Hits Azare - Bauchi State (photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.