Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win (53336 Views)

BBNaija: The Housemates That Nominated Laycon For Eviction / Top 5 Most Expensive Housemates On BBNaija 2019 Show / Tacha & Mercy Eke: Are These The Hottest Girls On #bbnaija 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by bolaayenimo: 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
and what are they doing with the taxes?
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by obama30: 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Babtech001:
Ogun State Internal Revenue Service (OGIRS) has called on the Big Brother Naija 2020 winner Laycon to pay his tax.

Igbere TV reports that the agency’s request came after the Lagos Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) congratulated Laycon on Monday, urging him to pay his tax.

https://twitter.com/ogirshq/status/1310861602753781760?s=20

Laycon is an indigene of Ogun State but resides in Lagos. Igbere TV reports that Ogun State Governor Dapo Abiodun had on Monday congratulated him on Twitter.

Some of his tweets read: “The pacesetter that you are, you have emerged one of the best in academic and social engagements, so this victory is aptly a confirmation of your brilliance, intellect and maturity.

“Youths of Ogun State, Nigeria, Africa and in fact the world over, see you as the face of positive revolution in the history of African entertainment.”

Laycon got N30 million in cash for winning the show. He will also receive various gifts and incentives valued at N55 million. They include an all-expense-paid trip to Dubai for two, a two-bedroom apartment, a sport utility vehicle from Innoson Motors, a Scanfrost electronic makeover, one year supply of Pepsi Cola, one year supply of Munch It and Indomie noodles and VIP tickets to watch the European Champions League final.

Laycon! Laycon!! Laycon!!! Laycon!!!! Laycon!!!!! i call you 5 times, if your wise and want to use your money to establish please relocate to Togo and relax for 6 months. After that return back to Nigeria secretly and invest. then all this criminal that doesn't want poor man to see 1 million naira for don comot eyes for your money. they want to receive from you and use it to sent their children abroad for study while your own family can't afford good hospital treatment because no hospital. if your in Togo or Benin anytime BBN need you it will take you few hours to reach them. we are satanic government. since Igbo's are wining no Eastern government has ever task any of the winner because is as gift money, they are not white that tax for gift, but first time a Yoruba wins the agberos tax collectors are out.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by blowjohn(m): 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Peace signs in the air for son
Put his name on the street sign there where he from
Whenever we hear his bangers, flare up a blunt
And praise God, and pray we all prepared when He come for us
Just opened my new office, West Coast branch
Place my teacup on the saucer, it's Esco, man
Bossed up, nothing feels better than doing deals with my brothers
It's surreal, how I feel, y'all should love us
Life is a test so congratulations to your success
For having patience, you deserve the best
(You know they do niggas, the IRS
People I ain't even met take it out my check)[i][/i]
They the biggest gangster, I respect the jooks
We buyin' big boy mansions, they respect the crooks
This for my project niggas and blue Benzes
Mercedes emblems with they bitch with 'em
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by semyman: 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please use the same zeal to plough the funds from taxes to infrastructural development and stop the looting
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Ikennamurphy: 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
COMPAQ:
Tax is the reality of life. We have just avoided it for so long because we have had easy oil money for so long.
Now that the easy oil money is fading, government is now serious about taxes.

If they make me LIRS chairman walahi, I will find so many new taxes. People do catering from home for parties but don't pay any tax on the income. All I need to do is put a check on all the event centers first of all. They must ensure that all vendors using their facility has tax clearance certificate or go to jail. Shikena. Put the onus for compliance on the event center. A food vendor may be hard to track down, but he event center will always be there.
Tax one thief will stay in his office to loot.. Mtcheew
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by sammysneh(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Wen he was broke none of them twittered to him
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Freeeanijor: 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
I'm beginning to think this is a cruise, maybe I shouldn't take them seriously anyways. Laycon won a game sponsored by betway a gambling company and he's expected to pay tax? He didn't earn the money as per labor. Any attorney in the house that specializes in tax law could help with an insight.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Realfrankie(m): 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
tayebest:
lol, government sef dey catch cruise grin

I say
this life no balance
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Denique(f): 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
They should wait first, Laycon still dey reason the mata...

Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
Paying tax to a state you don't reside in nor do any form of business with? That's fraudulent
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by majamajic(m): 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
post=94440532:
Sho!

Una dey wait for the boy make him win before?!

Anyways, Laycon, pay ya taxes and utilize the remaining dough.

All the best for the future.

BTW,
where the pilot wey win sometimes ago dey?
We guess he is doing well for himself.
He looks like a sane and responsible young man.

Laycon, remian humble,
You have your future in your hands!

We Rise!

The pilot is in America , said he doesn't want a celebrity lifestyle , just like Aisha Sesay of CNN
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by backnbeta(f): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
When other state governments are supporting their own, Ogun is asking for tax undecided
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Benoxvals(m): 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
Pls how much did this guy win in cash..
30M or 300M??
Why all the hype?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by segun18(m): 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
Laycon leave these people and find your way abroad.. Hahahahahahahaha

Funny enough one thief will still stay in his office and use biro to loot the money and life goes on

O boy na true o. Very soon Federal inland Revenue go tweet their own.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by dominique(f): 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
FIRS too will want to come and collect their own. They should kukuma collect the entire 30milla from him
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
wunmi590:
undecided

Please can somebody just school me on on how somebody who was given money to pay tax on it.

Is just like Lagos state pr Ogun state telling me to pay tax on the money either lalasticlala gave me or seun gave me for winning a quick on nairaland.

Are this people normal or are they just joking?

Laycon doesn't have a business for him to warrant payment of tax from the money he was given

Tax ko tax collector ni

Shior
Bros, contrey Broke o contrey no broke o we dey inside am.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Fistop: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
Corporate beggers
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Dpundict: 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
Before nko! He should pay his tax to his state of origin.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Ben404040: 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
Okay how much will his Tax be seif.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Detolanny(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
But he can only pay his tax (if applicable) to only one (1) state, and that is the State of Residence, according to Residency Rule of Personal Income Tax (PITA) Act LFN 2004
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by shiwex: 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
wunmi590:
undecided

Please can somebody just school me on on how somebody who was given money to pay tax on it.

Is just like Lagos state pr Ogun state telling me to pay tax on the money either lalasticlala gave me or seun gave me for winning a quick on nairaland.

Are this people normal or are they just joking?

Laycon doesn't have a business for him to warrant payment of tax from the money he was given

Its not only a business person that pays tax. He won a lot of money so that counts as taxable. In America Off-the-Top Taxes

Part of the taxes on prize money you'll pay will be handled for you, provided you win more than $5,000. The IRS requires 25 percent to be withheld on any prize of that value, which means when you pick up your check, you'll see a lower value than you'd expected.

Tax ko tax collector ni

Shior
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Bashirkareem31: 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
It remains FIRS!
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by tfash96(m): 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kuku kill the guy idiots.. You can't help youths and they're getting help from somewhere else you're still trying to milk person's child dry
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by adegbenga80592: 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please use the while fervor to plough the money from levies to base advancement and stop the pillaging
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Jaqenhghar: 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
Laycon leave these people and find your way abroad.. Hahahahahahahaha

Funny enough one thief will still stay in his office and use biro to loot the money and life goes on
E be like say you no know wetin dey happen. To leave naija sef na work
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by MemoriesAndMe: 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
Racoon:
Success have many friends while failure is an orphan.The Lagos & Ogun state government want to cash out from this young man.Useless government.
It like that even in sane countries-when someone wins the lottery, state and federal tax authorities suddenly want tax. His own case is different though because both state of origin and state of residence want tax, which amounts to double taxation.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Detolanny(m): 5:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bashirkareem31:
It remains FIRS!
FIRS can't get involved because he is a (Nigerian) individual and not an incorporated company. Therefore, it's a Personal Income Tax (PITA) issue and NOT a Company Income Tax (CITA) issue. So its not the jurisdiction of FIRS but that of any SIRS.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by pacificom: 5:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
Our government cannot empower citizens to ease poverty, but they will be beaconing to collect Tax out of the money someone dash poor man.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by AmeLonRo(m): 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Jaqenhghar: 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
Racoon:
Success have many friends while failure is an orphan.The Lagos & Ogun state government want to cash out from this young man.Useless government.
The shamelessness is on another level.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Skymason20(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
This country self Dead states, all I see is village people , taxe kill una �grin
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by toluscott2000(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
Dstv and gotv already pay tax

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Legend Of The Seeker Tv Show? / The Look On Saga's Face As Nini Gets Evicted From The BBNaija House / 3 Reasons Miracle Won BBNaija 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.