Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win (53337 Views)

BBNaija: The Housemates That Nominated Laycon For Eviction / Top 5 Most Expensive Housemates On BBNaija 2019 Show / Tacha & Mercy Eke: Are These The Hottest Girls On #bbnaija 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by pacificom: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
Maybe Government should go after street beggers to collect tax too.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by wunmi590(m): 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
magicminister:

Laycon does not owe Ogun state any Tax fees as he resides in Lagos. They are just tweeting to trend but also exposing themselves to be idiots.

If BBN was conducted outside of Lagos, then Laycon would pay taxes to the state where the income was earned.

Thank you for the insight.

But BBN was held in Lagos state, does it mean Laycon would pay tax to Lagos state?
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by wunmi590(m): 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
SegFault:

Bros, contrey Broke o contrey no broke o we dey inside am.

Lol sad
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by sencekompis: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
Gbenusi original
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by sencekompis: 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Tax is inevitable for everyone. you start from somewhere.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Chris2863(m): 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
It is in their blood. Afonjas extorting citizens of Nigeria right from inception. It's either begging, taking by force or skull mining. Don't mention me, I will curse you
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Detolanny(m): 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
wunmi590:

Thank you for the insight.

But BBN was held in Lagos state, does it mean Laycon would pay tax to Lagos state?

He can only pay his tax (if applicable) to the State of Residence, according to Residency Rule of Personal Income Tax (PITA) Act LFN 2004
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Roozzaay(m): 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hypocrites everywhere undecided government agencies dey ask for cuts now everyone is laughing it off, if tomorrow we Boys in Black ask for our own cut insult go dey come from every angles abi, police are this police are that.....
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by wunmi590(m): 5:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
Detolanny:

He can only pay his tax (if applicable) to the State of Residence, according to Residency Rule of Personal Income Tax (PITA) Act LFN 2004

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by FManager(m): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
wunmi590:
undecided

Please can somebody just school me on on how somebody who was given money to pay tax on it.

Is just like Lagos state pr Ogun state telling me to pay tax on the money either lalasticlala gave me or seun gave me for winning a quick on nairaland.

Are this people normal or are they just joking?

Laycon doesn't have a business for him to warrant payment of tax from the money he was given

Tax ko tax collector ni

Shior

Oga even lottery winners in the us or other advanced countries pay tax from their earnings, the only people that I can think of that don't pay tax are people into drugs or other illicit businesses.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by cardoso514: 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
Will he pay tax twice?
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by KosiGee(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
wunmi590:
undecided

Please can somebody just school me on on how somebody who was given money to pay tax on it.

Is just like Lagos state or Ogun state telling me to pay tax on the money either lalasticlala or seun gave me for winning a quiz on nairaland.

Are these people normal or are they just joking?

Laycon doesn't have a business for him to warrant payment of tax from the money he was given

Tax ko tax collector ni

Shior

It all depends on the laws guiding revenue and tax collection.
In some countries, quiz show prizes are not taxed. Quiz shows like ‘who want to be a millionaire’ and others like it are not taxed. Winners go home with their prizes but for reality shows like Big Brother, Music talent shows where the contestants have to be accommodated over a period of time, some countries see that as part of their work...contestants are seen as employees and prizes won are taxed.
There was a similar case in Germany few years ago where someone like Laycon was asked to pay his tax.

I’m not sure how it works in Nigeria but I think that Laycon should pay his tax to federal inland revenue rather than Lagos state or Ogun state...

After this, I’m sure his pastor would remind him to pay his tax, then his kinsmen/neighbourhood would also remind him that he has been owing security levies for six months...not forgetting that some ‘angry Gees’ would be waiting to hustle, kidnap, put him at the back of a car booth, drive away and keep him somewhere till he has transferred all the money into their account.

Be wise Laycon.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Peacefultosin01: 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
He is liable to tax only in his state of residence irrespective of his state of origin.

Moreso, this has more features of gifts rather than income from trade or employment and as such should not be subjected to tax since gift is not taxed in Nigeria.

My take though.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Zenithpeak(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
God deliver us from Yahoo government...

Police officers too will be waiting for him at every junction to claim their own rogger as well... grin
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Minjim: 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
He doesn't owe Ogun State any tax. He lives and works in Lagos
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Minjim: 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
Peacefultosin01:
He is liable to tax only in his state of residence irrespective of his state of origin.

Moreso, this has more features of gifts rather than income from trade or employment and as such should not be subjected to tax since gift is not taxed in Nigeria.

My take though.

It's not a gift O
He left his work and went there to earn the money.
He worked and competed for every tasks he won.

You don't have to do anything to earn a gift
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by byinks(f): 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Lekan time to move to Akwa Ibom
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by femi4: 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Copy cat

1 Like

Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by femi4: 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
byinks:
Lekan time to move to Akwa Ibom
And you think Ibom too no go ask
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Princessbettyj(f): 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
notoriousbabe:
don't mind those modafokas

Asin eh!! Smh I am sure majority of them didn't Vote for him undecided
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by juniorstar(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
if all these people collect tax wetin go remain! thats why I hate all these public money and salary of a thing everybody go know wetin u collect especially ur fellow colleagues them fit help u analyse wetin u buy from ur dress to house to car to school wey ur pikin dey attend them go con help u analyse wetin remain. God help u con do pass ur salary na dem go first dey suspect u!
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by kiddkash(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
everybody wants their cut
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by adedayoa2(f): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kobicove:
He is resident in Lagos State therefore his tax should be paid to Lagos!
God bless you, I was getting confused. Abi I no remember my taxation again?
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Proffdada: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
He didn't work in Ogun, so he won't pay nada. Those inquiring are the illiterates of the institution
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by AerialMapper: 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
Of Lay Lay Lay....

Typical Shylocks!

They contribute nothing towards your success but want to tax your earnings!

Laycon, get yourself a good accountant.

Tax citizens to please the Pussy cat of Bourdillon
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Ezmans: 6:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
tayebest:
lol, government sef dey catch cruise grin
laycon don enter one chance
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by HomerTimpson: 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
AristocraticMe come see your thread if you are not already here o
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by jerryjuche: 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hello
Am Jstore an Online Shopping Store �️

You can visit our website to get affordable and the best quality of goods��

You can check out our store - https://5e9a5ff05a395.site123.me/

WhatsApp - https:///2347042888372?text=Hello%20*Jstore*%20
or
send us an email at Jstore.desk@gmail.com for more information...

If you own a store or you want your products to be advertised on our website for free, click this link- https:///2347042888372?text=Hello%20Jstore%20i%20want%20to%20display%20my%20products%20and%20goods%20on%20your%20site�

Jstore
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by anonimi: 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
ElexObi1:
No be only tax

If everyone does not pay taxes, where do you want your governments to have money for the provision of schools for every child, roads, garbage collectors, street sweepers, policemen, prisons, soldiers, water, electricity etc?
Do you want the governments to pay salaries and pensions with stones
Why do we blacks like to have everything without putting in any effort and paying nothing? What foolish person is expected to pay and work for us?

[img]http://fatchicksings.files./2013/04/deathandtaxes.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10074886_screenshot20190821095447_jpeg0b2f5680f74c4f86b65c29c750afa2f8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Theoarhics: 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Una wan finish the guy money? Wicked ppl. Those ppl asking him to pay tax I'm 100% sure they themselves don't even pay tax.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by Ajibel(m): 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
Racoon:
Success have many friends while failure is an orphan.The Lagos & Ogun state government want to cash out from this young man.Useless government.

What's useless here. Common sense should have let you know that LIRS cashed in on the opportunity of his popularity to draw attention to themselves and stir up the tax conversation but you just always want to wail and vent your frustrations on every thread.
Re: Ogun Revenue Service Asks Laycon For Tax, Congratulates Him On BBNaija Win by roseb1(f): 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
Babtech001:
Ogun State Internal Revenue Service (OGIRS) has called on the Big Brother Naija 2020 winner Laycon to pay his tax.

Igbere TV reports that the agency’s request came after the Lagos Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) congratulated Laycon on Monday, urging him to pay his tax.

https://twitter.com/ogirshq/status/1310861602753781760?s=20

Laycon is an indigene of Ogun State but resides in Lagos. Igbere TV reports that Ogun State Governor Dapo Abiodun had on Monday congratulated him on Twitter.

Some of his tweets read: “The pacesetter that you are, you have emerged one of the best in academic and social engagements, so this victory is aptly a confirmation of your brilliance, intellect and maturity.

“Youths of Ogun State, Nigeria, Africa and in fact the world over, see you as the face of positive revolution in the history of African entertainment.”

Laycon got N30 million in cash for winning the show. He will also receive various gifts and incentives valued at N55 million. They include an all-expense-paid trip to Dubai for two, a two-bedroom apartment, a sport utility vehicle from Innoson Motors, a Scanfrost electronic makeover, one year supply of Pepsi Cola, one year supply of Munch It and Indomie noodles and VIP tickets to watch the European Champions League final.
Church will soon ask him to pay his tithe grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Legend Of The Seeker Tv Show? / The Look On Saga's Face As Nini Gets Evicted From The BBNaija House / 3 Reasons Miracle Won BBNaija 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.