Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer (37569 Views)

4 Things To Know About Olorogun First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer (pix) / Aisha Buhari Slams APC After They Affirmed Buhari As Its Flag-bearer / Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Oshoboy01: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
Olorogun breaks 41-year-old jinx: Becomes first Lagos Assembly female mace bearer

For the first time in 41 years, a mother of two, Mrs. Oyindamola Olorogun has become the first female to bear the mace at the Lagos State House of Assembly.

Since the House came into being 41 years ago, male have always been the mace bearer among the Sergeant-at-Arms at the Assembly.

The mace is the symbol of authority in any House of Assembly.

But on Tuesday, many were shocked as Olorogun ushered in the speaker, Mudashiru Obasa, bearing the mace.

The 33-year-old woman is an HND graduate of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta.

She joined the Lagos House of Assembly Service Commission in 2019.

Her sonorous voice was a soothing balm to all at the Assembly, especially the male folk who gazed at her in wonder and amazement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/09/29/olorogun-breaks-41-year-old-jinx-becomes-first-lagos-assembly-female-mace-bearer/amp/

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
One day a woman will be equal to a man.

That day will be the last day, the end of the world.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by SmartProf(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
If she carried a Nobel prize award, I will rate it much more prestigious than carrying a mace in a country's house of assembly where the political actors are corruption personified. Someone like Omo Agege won't even see this as an achievement cos his own mace record is still unbroken.

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Azyne(f): 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
ethicallyright:
One day a woman will be equal to a man. That day will be the last day, the end of the world.

Zip it

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by godofuck231: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
a sheep on Gstrings in the wolfs den ? them go tear this one bunny tire

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by IamD18: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
Whenever I read or hear any political news about Lagos, I try to make myself happy with the say "EDO no be LAGOS".

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Goldp5988(f): 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
ethicallyright:
One day a woman will be equal to a man. That day will be the last day, the end of the world.

Equal already.

7 Likes

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Amotekun777: 7:43am On Sep 30, 2020
How does this feed the hungry poor masses or add value to their lives? angry

Does this mean Obasa won't embezzle Lagos' resources on behalf of his Bosses?

The problem with the average Nigerian is placing too much emphasis on MEDIOCRITY! angry

15 Likes

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Godlove4me: 7:44am On Sep 30, 2020
He x
Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Ustec: 7:44am On Sep 30, 2020
ethicallyright:
One day a woman will be equal to a man.

That day will be the last day, the end of the world.
lipsrsealed
Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Sunkyphil(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
godofuck231:
a sheep on Gstrings in the wolfs den ? them go tear this one bunny tire
she is married

9 Likes

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by gungab(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Common Meeeenh

Congratulations to her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by GOFRONT(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
I hope in ten years time, we will not see headlines like "Ex- First female Lagos assembly member who stole $355M, N35bn caught in ICPC website?

3 Likes

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by ENGINEERG(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF MACE CARRIER BY A WOMAN TO THE SOCIETY, NIGERIA WITH NONSENSE NEWS

3 Likes

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by holuwajobar(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Breezzy(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Congratulations my dear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
We need 63 year record of a female president
Aunty Ngosi Iwela

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by magicminister: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
SmartProf:
If she carried a Nobel prize award, I will rate it much more prestigious than carrying a mace in a country's house of assembly where the political actors are corruption personified. Someone like Omo Agege won't even see this as an achievement cos his own mace record is still unbroken.

This is a huge achievement looking at the fact that our society has not evolved to the point where women are seen as capable and able to reach their fullest potential.

Having women in visible roles can and will aspire the young female child to aspire to be more than a wife and mother. Maybe even aspire to be the president some day!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by osamz007: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
jesu, how this one become news, SHAA as I read it my account was credited

1 Like

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by faithfull18(f): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2020
Congrats to her embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by DenreleDave(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2020
Nice one dear

2 Likes

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Surgoroctor(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2020
Kuse ���������
Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Mycoin(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2020
congratulations to her...where are the slay queens without ambitious plans......nice one sister
Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Otunski: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
What's so special about being a Mace Bearer in a fantastically corrupt country?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by chuksjuve(m): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
Interesting times ahead ..

Contact us for your landscaping , horticulture and gardening projects
Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by DenreleDave(m): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
Sunkyphil:
she is married

Na ur wife abi... Sunky baba undecided undecided

We go tire am
Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by isram: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
She also came from Tinubu's armpit .

Since the oba and vice president came from there .

Before you attack me, remember he said it with his mouth

3 Likes

Re: Meet Oyindamola Olorogun, The First Lagos Assembly Female Mace Bearer by Surgoroctor(m): 7:48am On Sep 30, 2020
Kuse sad shocked sad sad sad sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

insecurity: FG Sets Up Committee, Moves To Reduce Youths Leaving Nigeria / Kwankwanso, Agbaje Storm Lagos For PDP, Atiku / Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.