Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View (2622 Views)

Tinubu: Nigerians Drag Zack Orji Over Solidarity Visit: Picture / #endsars: Nigerians Drag Dino Melaye For Supporting Protesters / “Meet Muhammadu Buhari” Trends As Nigerians Drag President Buhari On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by CallMeDrino: 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nigerians on Twitter have called on Telcom Satellite Ltd Television (TStv) to take its business seriously following its plan to re-launch with pay per view model on October 1.

Igbere TV reports that TStv management team paid the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) acting director-general Armstrong Idachaba a visit on Monday where they made the announcement. Idachaba assured the company of NBC’s support.

TStv Africa is a wholly-owned Nigerian innovative multi-channel outfit which had promised to operate the pay per view model for Nigerians. Its launch in 2017 did not prove profitable.

However, Nigerians on Twitter on Tuesday took the opportunity to ask the company to get its acts together and knock out the South Africa-based DStv which has repeatedly refused to implement the pay per view model.

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by CallMeDrino: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
More

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by midolian(m): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
We no dey ever learn..

I don't expect anyone to take tstv seriously anymore until it becomes a reality...

Na so we drag DStv the other time, only for us to shamefully going back to it in the end

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by Kriss216: 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
Lol

One egbon up there said he will use his DSTV dish to dry egusi for sun.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by extralargehead(m): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Seeing is believing.
I will only dump my Dstv/Gotv decoders only when I confirm that Tstv has began to air live football matches. Untill then ...
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by hisgrace090: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
I know that DStv will never overlook this rummor.

Who knows what they're up to this time around?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by RenaissanceGuy: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Until the cabal aiding and abetting DSTV is cut down, TSTV may just fail once again. Sadly.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by BlackfireX: 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
TsTv ko, HIV ni...

Awon oniranu oshi.. undecided
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by Jafar1: 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nigerians are generally funny wallahi grin

He will use the pan to dry egusi, Lmao

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by Teewhy2: 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Company is not yet serious, their social media handles have been quiet for almost a year, also sent a mail to the email address on their website for a week now and no auto or manual response acknowledging the mail or responding to enquires.
Is only influentials promoting this information and most times for the past 3-4 years they always plan to come back between August- October each year.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by donbachi(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Dem don dey brag...after na e go be like NTA Aba and RSTV Port Harcourt.
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by CornerDot: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by lomprico(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
another round of heart brakes loading.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by Freestainworld(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Both are the same, one is an upcoming artist, the other is old politician.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by OLUWABIG(m): 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Until the cabal aiding and abetting DSTV is cut down, TSTV may just fail once again. Sadly.

What do you think brought about the New NBC code ?
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by helinues: 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
Tstv better tread carefully..

You do not have the spending might of Dstv

Na Nigeria banks deliberately delayed loan for Hitv second season of airing EPL and that was their end

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by adegbenga80592: 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
watching is believing.I will only dump my Dstv/Gotv boxes only when I confirm that Tstv has began to air lve soccer games. Untill then ...
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by Wednesdayy: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
[s]
midolian:
We no dey ever learn..

I don't expect anyone to take tstv seriously anymore until it becomes a reality...

Na so we drag DStv the other time, only for us to shamefully going back to it in the end
[/s]
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by potbelly(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
grin grin

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by Auladimeji(m): 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
If they live up to expectation, I'll use my GOtv wire to dry clothes... If e cut,I go burn am,sell for to Aluminum condemn
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by freeborn02: 12:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Auladimeji:
If they live up to expectation, I'll use my GOtv wire to dry clothes... If e cut,I go burn am,sell for to Aluminum condemn

You will.see.DSTV improving their customer service from now on. They will start calling people every month to find out if their services are ok. They only improve customer service any time TSTV threatens them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by xcellentgraphic: 12:26am On Sep 30, 2020
Tstv are time wasters....they should not be taking serious

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by WhizdomXX(m): 3:27am On Sep 30, 2020
Sincerely nice development.
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by femi4: 5:46am On Sep 30, 2020
Promise is a shadow not a substance
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by nairaman66(m): 7:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Tstv makes too much noise on our national dailies and internet space. Can’t they be NIKE- Just do it!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by orisa37: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2020
Good.
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by Susu888(m): 8:32am On Sep 30, 2020
Ah no be nigerians again! Nothing will happen.
They tlk with both sides of their mouths...
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by edoairways: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2020
extralargehead:
Seeing is believing.
I will only dump my Dstv/Gotv decoders only when I confirm that Tstv has began to air live football matches. Untill then ...
Then don't complain when DStv increase their fees. Football league especially EPL broadcast rights are expensive
Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by Gainman: 9:52am On Sep 30, 2020
tstv is not serious. this is how they have been making noise for like 5cyrs now. unserios set of people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Drag, Vow To Ditch Dstv As Tstv Promises Pay Per View by meobizy(f): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
DStv just fired 30 subscribers with 1 million naira each. I’m waiting for a man of goat, President or random politician to do the same. Why hasn’t any Nairalander posted about their winning on the front page? Don’t tell me you guys are too broke to pay for subscription of any sort.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Not Begging Anybody, Igbo Man Must Be President Come 2023. / Sunday Igboho Storms Ekiti State (VIDEO) / Biafra On Total And Complete Lockdown For Nnamdi Kanu 16/02/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.