Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

My HIV Positive Journey (part 2) Undetectable - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My HIV Positive Journey (part 2) Undetectable (1078 Views)

My HIV Test Result - The Shock Of My Life / My HIV Positive Journey. / Sex With Prostitute: My HIV/AIDS Test And Result Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My HIV Positive Journey (part 2) Undetectable by Dreek: 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
To follow up on this read

https://www.nairaland.com/5454328/hiv-positive-journey (part 1)

It has not been easy, but God has been fateful. I was diagnosed of the virus August 2019 and I started taking the drugs which is given to us for free at the clinic.
The drug is to be taken daily at same time , though sometimes I use to take it (30 or 1hr ) before or after my set time due to circumstances, and I've never miss a dose for once.

The first viral load (test to check the level of the virus in the blood) I did , after 2 months of taking the drugs was 120, after six month I did another it was 300 , I was scared thinking may be the drug has stop working for me and that means I need to be place on second line of treatment which is complicated. Though I did the second test during lockdown and things were tough and I was not feeding well, I had to open up to some of my friends they were supportive and one of my friend also gave me a traditional medicine which I was also taking with my drugs that it will help me faster to aid my immune.

Right now I'm undetectable , I did the test again two weeks ago and result was great, as my viral load is below 20 cool this does not mean I'm free from the virus , just that the chance of me infecting others is very low or zero, and I'm just like any negative person just that I need to continue taking my drugs.

I've never been discriminated by friends or family members, and those around me has been helpful.

Please HIV is not a death sentence, show love to those you know, encourage them to take their drugs, and see them live a normal life. Living positive is my Goal.

Please if you have a job ,please help me. I am good with computer, worked in a medical lab, taught in schools, sales Rep, customer care(online and offline), manage a bar. Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My HIV Positive Journey (part 2) Undetectable by CEOwatazs: 3:55am On Sep 28, 2021
Dreek:

It has not been easy, but God has been fateful. I was diagnosed of the virus August 2019 and I started taking the drugs which is given to us for free at the clinic.
The drug is to be taken daily at same time , though sometimes I use to take it (30 or 1hr ) before or after my set time due to circumstances, and I've never miss a dose for once.

The first viral load (test to check the level of the virus in the blood) I did , after 2 months of taking the drugs was 120, after six month I did another it was 300 , I was scared thinking may be the drug has stop working for me and that means I need to be place on second line of treatment which is complicated. Though I did the second test during lockdown and things were tough and I was not feeding well, I had to open up to some of my friends they were supportive and one of my friend also gave me a traditional medicine which I was also taking with my drugs that it will help me faster to aid my immune.

Right now I'm undetectable , I did the test again two weeks ago and result was great, as my viral load is below 20 cool this does not mean I'm free from the virus , just that the chance of me infecting others is very low or zero, and I'm just like any negative person just that I need to continue taking my drugs.

I've never been discriminated by friends or family members, and those around me has been helpful.

Please HIV is not a death sentence, show love to those you know, encourage them to take their drugs, and see them live a normal life. Living positive is my Goal.

Please if you have a job ,please help me. I am good with computer, worked in a medical lab, taught in schools, sales Rep, customer care(online and offline), manage a bar. Thank you.
is well with you ....

Please is there a way I can communicate proper with you on some issues. Thanks
Re: My HIV Positive Journey (part 2) Undetectable by rottenPussy: 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
CEOwatazs:
is well with you ....

Please is there a way I can communicate proper with you on some issues. Thanks
I hope he does not honor your request.

He has presented himself as someone who wants people to learn from his unfortunate encounter. Having any related discussion outside the thread would be selfish and be a deterrent to the essence of his post.

If you must be discreet, pls make a new account and ask as much question as you have here for people to learn.

1 Like

Re: My HIV Positive Journey (part 2) Undetectable by Deolaw: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
Dreek:

Did you make contact with the girl who infected you? Hope she is also going through the treatment and not exposing others to the infection?

I'm glad you are better. I hope you get the help you seek so you can be more comfortable with life.

Stay strong!

(1) (Reply)

Private (club Type) Fitness Centres/swimming Pool In Lagos / Liver Depletion In Orthodox Drugs Intake / Male Virginity And Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.