Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu (8429 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Tinubu With Onyeka Onwenu / IPOB Vows To Lock Down South-east If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Released By August 8 / The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Amotekun777: 7:37am On Sep 30, 2020
Philipponzaghi:
Bye bye in advance ma.

Please remember to tell all your kinsmen left in the SW to leave back to the East too.

No one used rope to drag you all to the West in the first place.

God bless you. These savages are too delusional. They think they're doing us a favor by being leeches in our region. We don't want them at all. They're more like troublemakers and the rate they're running away from their jungle is alarming.

Yet, they keep running their mouths like they're all that. Please, I can't wait for all okoro savages to leave and go back to their jungle, I swear. angry

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Philipponzaghi: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2020
pwansunriseteam:

The simple problem you have is lack of exposure
I am a traveller and I have travelled to atleast 30 States in Nigeria. So I am in the better position to tell you the States which are more developed than others. Tell me aany other City in the South West excluding Lagos which belongs to the Binis and Aworis that can beat these Cities in terms of development
Orlu in Imo State
Nnewi in Anambra State
Aba in Abia State
Onitsha in Anambra State
Asaba in Delta State
Nsukka in Enugu State
Afikpo in Ebonyi State
Ekwulobia in Anambra State
Obosi in Anambra State
Just mention them let people who have travelled help us to compare them.

Travel You no gree na to sidon for Ogbomosho cave and be reeling our useless analysis.

What do you term development, we have to start from there.

If Aba, Nsukka, Afikpo, and etc is what you term development then we should all turn the rest of the Nigerian shithole to the state of Aba which is termed the Portrait of decay.

The joke is on you if you think Abia/Afikpo and etc are what should be termed development.

Those places you mentioned are shithole that the inhabitants are running away from like it’s been ravaged by some form of plague.

But as usual Aba is better than USA, Canada, and Australia.

I think the word “Development” now has a new meaning in Ibo language.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by TimeTraveler369: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Fleshly:
Before nko? Na afonja you for claim As original nwafor wey you be, there's no way you will choose any other people (even oyinbo america) over the most diligent and intelligent black tribe AKA the IGBOS, as no other people are better or anything close to Ndigbo.

Ka Chukwu gozie umuafor n'ile!!

Igbos are not the most intelligent, they are beyond a doubt the most cunning and trickish except that passes for intelligence.

If Igbos were most intelligent, then they would have invested more at SE and there wouldn't have been a need for them to be reminded.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by loveth360(f): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Philipponzaghi:

There is no greater coward on Earth than Ojuku of unblessed memory.

He singlehandedly suyanized 3 million of his kinsmen and ran away disguised like a woman leaving his people behind.

The albino fugitive is even more coward than Ojuku and I hope you’ve not been consumed by the spirit of cowardice coz you keep mentioning the word coward like it’s your surname of some sort.

Do you know the coward called Awolowo,i mean the one that drank rat poison because of fear of small boys from north.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Philipponzaghi: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2020
loveth360:
Do you know the coward called Awolowo,i mean the one that drank rat poison because of fear of small boys from north.

Awo made sure to exterminate more than a million Ibos before that.

Moreso Awo died peacefully in his sleep with smile on his face.

Ojuku otherwise died in a senile way after returning from his cowardice trip.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by loveth360(f): 7:53am On Sep 30, 2020
Philipponzaghi:

Awo made sure to exterminate more than a million Ibos before that.

Moreso Awo died peacefully in his sleep with smile on his face.

Ojuku otherwise died in a senile way after returning from his cowardice trip.
What is more coward than drinking rat poison.grin grin

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Ooni: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Who know her inconsequential fellow. She knows that Yoruba will not allow her here.
But we were all happy when she said she married one of our son who is a Muslim?
BTW, are you sure she is inconsequential? pls don't let frustration make you utter hate.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Philipponzaghi: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2020
loveth360:

What is more coward than running away disguised like a woman while the Fulanis slaughter millions of your kinsmen?

There is no greater coward than a man who abandoned his people in their time of need.

That is why Buratai made this famous statement!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Ooni: 7:59am On Sep 30, 2020
MartinCorridon:
Sharap. She already chose Afonja c0ck and you're here chestbeating.

She wasn't proud of it obviously. considering us inferior is not what we should be proud of bro.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by BuhariAdvocate: 8:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Sincerely she and her husband are inconsequential in Yorubaland. Consider the personality that occupied the region. In fact I don't even know where her husband hailed from.
Ooni:
But we were all happy when she said she married one of our son who is a Muslim?
BTW, are you sure she is inconsequential? pls don't let frustration make you utter hate.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by akinloye19995: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2020
Who know her mere colleagues. She knows that Yoruba will not allow her here.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by LukasPodolski: 8:04am On Sep 30, 2020
pwansunriseteam:

I am a traveller and I have travelled to atleast 30 States in Nigeria. So I am in the better position to tell you the States which are more developed than others. Tell me aany other City in the South West excluding Lagos which belongs to the Binis and Aworis that can beat these Cities in terms of development
Orlu in Imo State
Nnewi in Anambra State
Aba in Abia State
Onitsha in Anambra State
Asaba in Delta State
Nsukka in Enugu State
Afikpo in Ebonyi State
Obosi in Anambra State

Travel You no gree na to sidon for Ogbomosho cave and be reeling our useless analysis.
apart from Onitsha, how do you call these places developed for goodness sake?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Ooni: 8:04am On Sep 30, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Sincerely she and her husband are inconsequential in Yorubaland. Consider the personality that occupied the region. In fact I don't even know where her husband hailed from.
But we were happy when she announced she was married to our son despite her being 'inconsequential' ?
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by BuhariAdvocate: 8:12am On Sep 30, 2020
Thunder strike impersonator.
Ooni:
But we were happy when she announced she was married to our son despite her being 'inconsequential' ?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by History555: 8:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

Our "worst men" don't even consider your "best women" an option.... Think about that...

Damn. Savage

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by pwansunriseteam: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

apart from Onitsha, how do you call these places developed for goodness sake?

Like I said earlier exposure is your problem. It is very obvious you haven't been to all these places once in your life.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by loveth360(f): 8:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Philipponzaghi:

What is more coward than running away disguised like a woman while the Fulanis slaughter millions of your kinsmen?

There is no greater coward than a man who abandoned his people in their time of need.

That is why Buratai made this famous statement!
A man the fought for three years can never be a coward.

But a man who drank rat poison is a confirmed coward.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by MartinCorridon: 8:27am On Sep 30, 2020
Ooni:
She wasn't proud of it obviously. considering us inferior is not what we should be proud of bro.

Lol coming from a useless Igbo boy that's so ashamed of his criminal identity that he's using a Yoruba name.

Your parents must have been dregs to birth a child this useless.

This is pathetic. Low self-esteem and terrible inferiority complex.

This generational penury must stop with you... hopefully grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by LukasPodolski: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2020
pwansunriseteam:

Like I said earlier exposure is your problem. It is very obvious you haven't been to all these places once in your life.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by LukasPodolski: 9:02am On Sep 30, 2020
loveth360:
A man the fought for three years can never be a coward.

But a man who drank rat poison are a confirmed coward.
why do we even need war ?

tell me.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by pwansunriseteam: 9:08am On Sep 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

the fact that you think Lagos is not a Yorubaland shows that you are blockhead fellow.

you said Lagos is a Bini land, I've never seen a Bini man either in real life or on the internet lay claim to Lagos State, though we have it in history that they had a settlement after the Aworis already settled in Lagos (they left later on), it's only you shameless ibo attaching Bini people to Lagos... I don't understand why, perhaps most of you easily get jealous of Lagos being in Yorubaland, don't you think you guys can use this shame energy u used in talking trash about Lagos to develop a megacity in igboland?

why is it that you don't hear Hausa people, Ijaw, Bini fulani urhobo e.t.c say Lagos is a no man's land? it's simply because they have values and self respect which you guys lack.

who are the Aworis?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awori_tribe

awori people are just like every other Yoruba group, ijebu, egba, ikale, ekiti, igbomina e.t.c everyone is under the same umbrella called Yoruba, saying Awori people are not Yoruba is just like saying Ekiti or egba people are not Yoruba.
in addition, Awori people are not the only Yoruba subgroup in Lagos, The ijebus occupies Ikorodu, Ajah and ibeju-lekki.

calling those places you listed in your earlier comment developed and thinking we don't have places that looks nicer than them here or up north is outrightly stupid.

I don't know what is obtainable in afikpo or whatever is isn't in Ikerre-Ekiti, Ede, Even my town Omu-Aran not to talk of.
Shagamu
ijebu-ode
Oyo city
Ilesha
Ikorodu
Agbara
ile-ife
Ogbomoso
Oore
Ondo city
Sango Ota
Offa
Iwo
ibafo
Mowe
Owo

bragging about these towns and cities in Nigeria (maybe apart from Lagos/Abuja) is stupid as we still have a long way to go.

go to Ogun state and you tens of developing towns, people are moving away from Lagos.

Eyaaa so this is the towns or villages you want to use and compare the Cities I ealearl mentioned. I have been to all these villages and there is nothing special there. Even Ibadan is a big for nothing City with clusters of 1960 buildings and brown roofs not to talk of Ogbomosho. Stop disgracing yourself, travel for once in your life. Exposure is everything. I saw a thread the other day when one of your kindsmen was comparing Abuja to Tokyo and I was so ashamed, he just showed the world he gave never travelled outside before before no traveller will ever compare Abuja and Tokyo. I will be willing to accommodate You and drive you round these Cities if you are willing. I will do it free of charge all I want you to do is to travel and be exposed.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by mimimiles93: 9:09am On Sep 30, 2020
saaphiere:
Onyeka Onwenu, an ace singer and actress, says she would ditch the south-west for her homeland if Nigeria breaks up.

Onwenu spoke on Tuesday during a virtual pre-book launch briefing ahead of the release of ‘My Father’s Daughter’, her memoir, billed for October 1.

The 68-year-old movie star, who is married to a Yoruba Muslim, said her decision would be due to her commitment to contribute to the development of the south-east, which she said, had been marginalised for long.

The human right activist cum politician recalled once joking with her sister-in-law, who is also a Muslim, that she would leave her children for “Biafra” if the country splits.

“If that happens (referring to Nigeria breaking up), I will go back to the south east because I want to go back home. And even if we don’t split, I want to do so much in the south east,” she said.

“So, I am not afraid…nothing spoil, nothing lost, we’re still going to love each other.”

Onwenu went on to enjoin those from the south-east to try and invest in the region, adding that such collective will is crucial to development within that part of the country.

“We have neglected the south-east and I am telling every Igbo person that whatever they are doing outside the region, they should go home and invest,” she added.

“It doesn’t take away whatever you are doing in Lagos or Abuja or wherever else…you are free to live where you like and trade but remember back home. We have been marginalised for a very long time, we are in need of development.

“We are going to develop other people’s places because that is what we do. But we must not forget that our investments are needed at home.”

Using her marriage as a reference, the music star also enjoined every Nigerian to uphold the country’s unity.

“We should stop insulting and denigrating each other. We are blessed with the richness of our culture,” she added.

She revealed that her forthcoming book, which contains over 450 pages, will examines aspects of her life which are hitherto unknown to the public.

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/onyeka-onwenu-ill-ditch-my-husbands-homeland-for-south-east-if-nigeria-splits/

lalasticlala
Start going home abeg.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by LukasPodolski: 9:16am On Sep 30, 2020
pwansunriseteam:

Eyaaa so this is the towns or villages you want to use and compare the Cities I ealearl mentioned. I have been to all these villages and there is nothing special there. Even Ibadan is a big for nothing City with clusters of 1960 buildings and brown roofs not to talk of Ogbomosho. Stop disgracing yourself, travel for once in your life. Exposure is everything. I saw a thread the other day when one of your kindsmen was comparing Abuja to Tokyo and I was so ashamed, he just showed the world he gave never travelled outside before before no traveller will ever compare Abuja and Tokyo. I will be willing to accommodate You and drive you round these Cities if you are willing. I will do it free of charge all I want you to do is to travel and be exposed.

I will have to stop here Sha, because I can continue arguing with you.

the fact that you didn't address the first 3 paragraphs shows that you have nothing to offer.

perhaps they have fast trains, skyscrapers, Subways etcetera in Nnewi, Aba e.t.c

what is obtainable in Nnewi that isn't in Ota?

have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by loveth360(f): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

why do we even need war ?

tell me.
The question should be directed to your people and your northern brothers.

Igbos didn't declare war,rather yorubas and hausafulanis brought war to them.

Even now Igbos never said they will fight you,rather they say they want to be on their own.
You people are the one threaten them with war now.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by tamdun: 9:28am On Sep 30, 2020
loveth360:
I'll rather drink poison than allow 3 million of my kinsmen to die then run away, besides non of u have prove that awo drank poison but the whole world knew how ojukwu dressed in woman wrapper(what a shame) and fled to ivory Coast

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by LukasPodolski: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2020
pwansunriseteam:

Orlu in Imo State
Nnewi in Anambra State
Aba in Abia State
Onitsha in Anambra State
Asaba in Delta State
Nsukka in Enugu State
Afikpo in Ebonyi State
Obosi in Anambra State

I had to go back to this comment..

firstly, is Asaba an Igbo town? thought it belongs to some people who prefers to call themselves Anioma? why are you including them to list of Igbo cities? thought The people of Agbor (Ika), Anioma and ikwerre are more igbophobic than Hausas/fulani? nawa oo, when are we going to end all these attacheee by force? isn't Asaba a state capital also?

Apart from Onitsha here, I really don't know the attributes others have to be labelled Developed.

nawa oo

tell me.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by loveth360(f): 9:32am On Sep 30, 2020
tamdun:

I'll rather drink poison than allow 3 million of my kinsmen to die then run away, besides non of u have prove that awo drank poison but the whole world knew how ojukwu dressed in woman wrapper(what a shame) and fled to ivory Coast
Of course a coward will choose to drink rat poison; D grin
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by LukasPodolski: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2020
loveth360:
The question should be directed to your people and your northern brothers.

Igbos didn't declare war,rather yorubas and hausafulanis brought war to them.

Even now Igbos never said they will fight you,rather they say they want to be on their own.
You people are the one threaten them with war now.

how are the Fulanis and Hausas people stopping you from actualizing Biafra?

the Hausa/fulani are not the United Nations that grant autonomy to new Nations.

The Yorubas have no Problem with you lots, we don't care about Biafra, are we are not in anyway an obstacle to your struggles. Are we? how?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by LukasPodolski: 9:40am On Sep 30, 2020
pwansunriseteam:

Is this not Enugu?

Even Places like Madrid, LA, And other Western cities have slums.

Ibadan has slums just like every other cities in the world, are you saying Enugu, Owerri e.t.c doesn't..

The fact is that you can't compare the Developed part of Ibadan with Enugu, Owerri, Onitsha e.t.c

The Developed part of Ibadan is nicer than what you have down East, #Fact.

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by loveth360(f): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

how are the Fulanis and Hausas people stopping you from actualizing Biafra?

the Hausa/fulani are not the United Nations that grant autonomy to new Nations.

The Yorubas have no Problem with you lots, we don't care about Biafra, are we are not in anyway an obstacle to your struggles. Are we? how?
Was it united nation that fought Biafrans when they left in 1967?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by LukasPodolski: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2020
loveth360:
Was it united nation that fought Biafrans when they left in 1967?

The Biafra struggle of 1967 was stopped by the federal govt then because there was a Succession clause which was supported by Nnamdi Azikiwe, the there two leaders were against it (Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Sir Ahmadu Bello).

Awolowo insisted that there must be a clause that would allow any region to leave the region anytime, but Azikiwe said no, he urge the colonial masters to jail Awolowo should be insist on including the clause.

In 1954, Ahmadu Bello, the then northern leaders wanted the North to leave Nigeria.

Here is the letter Azikiwe wrote to Ahmadu Bello
https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession/

Ojukwu and Ironsi also stopped Adaka Boro from actualizing his Ijaw nation, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

You can't stop Adaka Boro and still be lamenting when NIGERIA stopped you.

Lastly, Nigeria can't let you guys have a new country after the first coup, you can't eat your cake and have it.

I can see all your are all about Biafra (though 90% are hate filled) how much is Nnamdi Kanu paying you or you just doing this free of charge?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by loveth360(f): 10:30am On Sep 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

The Biafra struggle of 1967 was stopped by the federal govt then because there was a Succession clause which was supported by Nnamdi Azikiwe, the there two leaders were against it (Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Sir Ahmadu Bello).

Awolowo insisted that there must be a clause that would allow any region to leave the region anytime, but Azikiwe said no, he urge the colonial masters to jail Awolowo should be insist on including the clause.

In 1954, Ahmadu Bello, the then northern leaders wanted the North to leave Nigeria.

Here is the letter Azikiwe wrote to Ahmadu Bello
https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession/

Ojukwu and Ironsi also stopped Adaka Boro from actualizing his Ijaw nation, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

You can't stop Adaka Boro and still be lamenting when NIGERIA stopped you.

Lastly, Nigeria can't let you guys have a new country after the first coup, you can't eat your cake and have it.

I can see all your are all about Biafra (though 90% are hate filled) how much is Nnamdi Kanu paying you or you just doing this free of charge?

In all this your post,you just confirmed and justify that your people are the reason Biafrans have not leave,contrary to your first claim.

I don't need to be paid before i can be patriotic to my land.

You accuse me of hate,but will ignore that because i have seen how you love Igbos,Only your comments today confirms your yoruba love to Igbosgrin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Abortion Be Legalised? And Why? Your View, / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Kills 11 / "Yakubu Gowon Is Dead" - NTA Mistakenly Projects On Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.