Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu (8412 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Tinubu With Onyeka Onwenu / IPOB Vows To Lock Down South-east If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Released By August 8 / The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 30, 2020
Onyeka Onwenu, an ace singer and actress, says she would ditch the south-west for her homeland if Nigeria breaks up.

Onwenu spoke on Tuesday during a virtual pre-book launch briefing ahead of the release of ‘My Father’s Daughter’, her memoir, billed for October 1.

The 68-year-old movie star, who is married to a Yoruba Muslim, said her decision would be due to her commitment to contribute to the development of the south-east, which she said, had been marginalised for long.

The human right activist cum politician recalled once joking with her sister-in-law, who is also a Muslim, that she would leave her children for “Biafra” if the country splits.

“If that happens (referring to Nigeria breaking up), I will go back to the south east because I want to go back home. And even if we don’t split, I want to do so much in the south east,” she said.

“So, I am not afraid…nothing spoil, nothing lost, we’re still going to love each other.”

Onwenu went on to enjoin those from the south-east to try and invest in the region, adding that such collective will is crucial to development within that part of the country.

“We have neglected the south-east and I am telling every Igbo person that whatever they are doing outside the region, they should go home and invest,” she added.

“It doesn’t take away whatever you are doing in Lagos or Abuja or wherever else…you are free to live where you like and trade but remember back home. We have been marginalised for a very long time, we are in need of development.

“We are going to develop other people’s places because that is what we do. But we must not forget that our investments are needed at home.”

Using her marriage as a reference, the music star also enjoined every Nigerian to uphold the country’s unity.

“We should stop insulting and denigrating each other. We are blessed with the richness of our culture,” she added.

She revealed that her forthcoming book, which contains over 450 pages, will examines aspects of her life which are hitherto unknown to the public.

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/onyeka-onwenu-ill-ditch-my-husbands-homeland-for-south-east-if-nigeria-splits/

lalasticlala

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Fleshly: 1:12am On Sep 30, 2020
Before nko? Na afonja you for claim As original nwafor wey you be, there's no way you will choose any other people (even oyinbo america) over the most diligent and intelligent black tribe AKA the IGBOS, as no other people are better or anything close to Ndigbo.

Ka Chukwu gozie umuafor n'ile!!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Thank you, nnukwu ada. smiley

17 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Pentagon007: 1:18am On Sep 30, 2020
h
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by prince2pac(m): 1:34am On Sep 30, 2020
Adanne nke ka mma ime biko, anyi kwu gi na-azu

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by anungangampu: 1:40am On Sep 30, 2020
Why should you stay in a land where they will be envious of you, even when you pledge your loyalty to them.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:46am On Sep 30, 2020
Everyone would be happy to be associated with the South East in the event of break up.

Anybody in doubt should support the break up let's see who is correct.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Philipponzaghi: 1:47am On Sep 30, 2020
Bye bye in advance ma.

Please remember to tell all your kinsmen left in the SW to leave back to the East too.

No one used rope to drag you all to the West in the first place.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by tobechi74: 2:02am On Sep 30, 2020
This is enough for some men to divorce their wives

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Nobody: 2:02am On Sep 30, 2020
She’s been yorubanized by the better culture and better people. At least in the SW, all her husband’s properties will be hers unlike if she was in the SE.

I give her one week in biafra before she runs back to her Yoruba daddy.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by jlinkd78(m): 2:10am On Sep 30, 2020
Biafra, a hitherto mentioned word even here on Nairaland, is becoming d beautiful bride that a pan- Nigerian Onwenu is fraternizing with and fantasizing about. The Dragon has gone up and Biafra is close. Both Osinbanjo and Boss Mustapha agree that d crack is widening

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:12am On Sep 30, 2020
What's with chosen people chasing after anything South West

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Mokason28: 2:25am On Sep 30, 2020
The day Nigeria breaks up will be the happiest day in my life... The North is taking us back with their back ward mentality... I still wish and pray for a country with out Hausa people in it
Especially those Fulani people very violent dirty people

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by kayusely70(m): 2:27am On Sep 30, 2020
Nothing Spoilt.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Burgerlomo: 2:28am On Sep 30, 2020
Any sensible Yoruba woman will do the same thing so nothing spoil. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:33am On Sep 30, 2020
I laugh when people tries to separate Igbos from the Igbos

It's like separating Buhari from nepotism or the North from Sharia undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Rugaria: 2:42am On Sep 30, 2020
DuwaRepublic:
She’s been yorubanized by the better culture and better people. At least in the SW, all her husband’s properties will be hers unlike if she was in the SE.

I give her one week in biafra before she runs back to her Yoruba daddy.

Actually, by getting married to one of your loaquacious types, all she did was to help improve a re-tarded gene-pool... Culturally, you guys have always been the igbo man's burden...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Nobody: 2:51am On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

Actually, by getting married to one of your loaquacious types, all she did was to help improve a re-tarded gene-pool... Culturally, you guys have always been the igbo man's burden...

e pain am! Your best women always go for Yoruba daddies. Live with that fact!

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by NobleAngell(f): 2:53am On Sep 30, 2020
Are you still married to him? If yes, then with all due respect Ma, you are not making any sense.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Rugaria: 2:59am On Sep 30, 2020
DuwaRepublic:

e pain am! Your best women always go for Yoruba daddies. Live with that fact!

Our "worst men" don't even consider your "best women" an option.... Think about that...

29 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Fleshly: 3:06am On Sep 30, 2020
Philipponzaghi:
Bye bye in advance ma.

Please remember to tell all your kinsmen left in the SW to leave back to the East too.

No one used rope to drag you all to the West in the first place.

É pain am

8 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Fleshly: 3:08am On Sep 30, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Everyone would be happy to be associated with the South East in the event of break up.

Anybody in doubt should support the break up let's see who is correct.

If you're Yoruba would you want to associate with your people When you know their only profession is skull mining.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by allthingsgood: 3:27am On Sep 30, 2020
Olosho grin
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Access003(m): 3:29am On Sep 30, 2020
Imagine this trash coming from this old woman who made all she has from all tribes and regions in Nigeria. Abi, it's only Igbos that is buying here music till date? You should have said this when you're holding up a position under GEJ.
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Philipponzaghi: 3:40am On Sep 30, 2020
Fleshly:

É pain am

When are you going back too?

Make sure it’s Chukudi bus you take back so you can pack all your load once and for all.

We will regulate immigration in the Yoruba country and make sure to build a wall so you guys won’t escape back.

Coz the last time Fashola deported scores of you they still ran back to the West the next day.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 30, 2020
°°°
Before nko

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by BIGGESThead6: 4:18am On Sep 30, 2020
Fleshly:
Before nko? Na afonja you for claim As original nwafor wey you be, there's no way you will choose any other people (even oyinbo america) over the most diligent and intelligent black tribe AKA the IGBOS, as no other people are better or anything close to Ndigbo.

Ka Chukwu gozie umuafor n'ile!!

It's doesn't change the fact that She married a YORUBA MUSLIM, she is now an IGBO MUSLIM. grin grin angry grin grin grin angry

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by UchaNwababa: 4:29am On Sep 30, 2020
ok
Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:32am On Sep 30, 2020
Noted

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu by femi4: 4:52am On Sep 30, 2020
Not surprise, you couldnt even ditch your surname for his

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani / INEC Commences Deployment Of Sensitive, Non-sensitive Materials To States / Senate To Dump Biometric Central Motor Registration (BCMR)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.